General & Others The Man Marked by Flames.

When i first read about Laffitte narration about this mysterious person. Only one person comes into my mind without a second thought who's none other than Davy Jones...
:bamathink:

Except him, Dragon could be the closest.......but personally i don't find why he needs to be involved into these pirate business although there is "possibility" due to that Shiryu statement
Such as Dragon high chance of being former WG agent and the person the WG put in charge of one of the Red poneglyph they got, and Dragon leaving the WG and taking the Red poneglyph with him........
That's the scenario and plot i could see if Oda wanted to make Dragon and the Rev take part in this pirate business.
:quest:

SAUL......at this stage Saul was just a bait by classic Oda to reader it seems lol. All of us would believe it was Saul during Egghead VP and Ohara flashback.
But this latest chapter hammered every idea of that. No reason for Saul to be a mysterious scary guy on pitch black ship summoning whirlpool.

ROCKs ..........i never support the idea of Rocks being still alive, and would be on that train forever. We have BB who is rocks 2.0 that's more than enough.

Davy Jones just fits the most,
Ever since Oda talk about introducing the Lurking Legend on the interview........my minds is all over on that, till these day.
It is not Imu, a person who's existence is not known by the mass
It is not Rocks, a person who exist and was the probably the most well known infamous pirate during old era.
It is not Shiki, or any other famous pirate of the old......which fits to be candidates of Lurking legend
:jordanmf:

Davy jones is a legend, myth....in one piece world which people knows about it and at same time doesn't know if it really exists, which is why he fits the "Lurking legend" so much.....
Especially with like Pantheos was saying on how Law and Kidd got sunk under the water with all their crew and ship. Davy Jones the devil who dwells in the sea floor may introduce himself now
:saturn:
Lurking Legend was probably the possibility of WB,BM and Kaido teaming up.You know,Rocks ressurrection.The man marked by the flames is a possibility.

Lurking Legend was probably the possibility of WB,BM and Kaido teaming up.You know,Rocks ressurrection.The man marked by the flames is a possibility.
Yes .....
I take into account of all those linkable possibility,
By looking back, the Rocks introduction in Reverie by Garp wasn't long ago after Oda made the statement in the interview. So by straightforward it look exactly like yes!! This Rock guy is definitely what Oda was talking about!!! It's obvious!!
But till these day i still found it to have no-connection whatsoever with the Lurking legend, it's strange, but there's something that's just can't connect in my book.....

The Lurking legend literally was narrated as legend which has been lurking in the one piece world for the longest time as per Oda statement!!
Which means its a thing which currently exist in the current time of one piece and still lives on (although it's still myth to them)...... It is something which is not old things that already said to be disposed( Rocks).

The way Laffitte talk about that person with red stone is just like he's talking about a myth, a lurking legend.
It may not be exactly Davy jones or Rocks.
But i solidly believed the person Laffitte talk about is the lurking legend as of right now...........
Question is who's that lurking legend.
Don't think it's Rocks, Imu, may not be Davy Jones too.....maybe ye new character. But probably can't be new char since by "Lurking" means something reader should heard about it being mentioned in the story atleast once.....
:hope:

Yes .....
By looking back, the Rocks introduction in Reverie by Garp wasn't long ago after Oda made the statement in the interview. So by straightforward it look exactly like yes!! This Rock guy is definitely what Oda was talking about!!! It's obvious!!
But till these day i still found it to have no-connection whatsoever with the Lurking legend, it's strange, but there's something that's just can't connect in my book.....

The Lurking legend literally was narrated as legend which has been lurking in the one piece world for the longest time as per Oda statement!!
Which means its a thing which currently exist in the current time of one piece and still lives on (although it's still myth to them)...... It is something which is not old things that already said to be disposed( Rocks).

The way Laffitte talk about that person with red stone is just like he's talking about a myth, a lurking legend.
But i solidly believed the person Laffitte talk about is the lurking legend as of right now...........
Don't think it's Rocks, Imu, may not be Davy Jones too.....maybe ye new character. But probably can't be new char since by "Lurking" means something reader should heard about it being mentioned in the story atleast once.....
Yes .....

didnt Davy Jones get mentioned in fishman island?

Last edited:
https://onepiecefanon.fandom.com/wiki/David_D._Jones
he did
Post automatically merged:

I'd love to see a Davy Jones in One Piece. Hopefully they make him terrifying and not a clown
It would be cool,this ShanksxBBxLuffy is not interesting enough.We need some mystery.Problem is Oda leaves many questions without an answer.We still don't know what those things in the florian triangle were.

What if its a fishman?They can make whirpools...
Considering Robin talked about Daavy Jones being an ancient pirate who sunk Pirate Ships, and the fact that Van Der Decken was a fishman that rode on a ghost ship (the flying dutchman), I can entirely see it being Daavy Jones, the Fishman.

Its possible Hody Jones had some sort of relation as well.

Edit: Actually Daavy Jones and The Flying Dutchman have no relation.

Last edited:
Considering Robin talked about Daavy Jones being an ancient pirate who sunk Pirate Ships, and the fact that Van Der Decken was a fishman that rode on a ghost ship (the flying dutchman), I can entirely see it being Daavy Jones, the Fishman.

yep,the legend of Davy Jones was mentioned in fishman island.

https://onepiecefanon.fandom.com/wiki/David_D._Jones
he did

It would be cool,this ShanksxBBxLuffy is not interesting enough.We need some mystery.Problem is Oda leaves many questions without an answer.We still don't know what those things in the florian triangle were.
that link is to a fanfic wiki. but davy jones did get mentioned in long ring long land.

didnt Davy Jones gets mentioned in fishman island?
He got mentioned earlier than this, the Daavy Back fight. Actually checking, Oda doesnt associate Daavy Jones to the flying dutchman. He instead does Van Der Decken, which is inspired by the real pirate.

This works for the burned man being daavy jones at least, because he should have his own ship

yep,the legend of Davy Jones was mentioned in fishman island.
See the above. Just Van Der Decken, not Daavy Jones. Daavy Jones is separate in LRLL

i honestly also think its a fishman and probably davy jones.

especially because we know bakkin is still alive. why would big mom go "this woman sure looks like bakkin from 40 years ago with a different haircut" if shes not already looking for her? idk. this doesnt really seem like a plot hole to me.

by the way, the other thing Robin says here @Paperchampion23 , i think this will actually come into the story soon too, and film RED was like, thematically in line with something that will show up in canon later.

at some point there will be a demon summoned into the world and the demon will become a temporary antagonist. demons have been foreshadowed a few times but really not very often. the main thing i can remember is the island Brook traveled to during the timeskip. People in the impoverished nation of Hungeria were trying to summon the "Lord of the Demons". Based on the cult leader's goat-like outfit and the goat head altar, this is probably a take on Baphomet.

The REALLY fucked up thing is that this 8 pointed star symbol with a runic sort of circle inside of it shows up somewhere else too.

All over the walls of the Gorosei's chamber.
Where is the first picture(of the demon) from? Which chapter is it?

i honestly also think its a fishman and probably davy jones.

especially because we know bakkin is still alive. why would big mom go "this woman sure looks like bakkin from 40 years ago with a different haircut" if shes not already looking for her? idk. this doesnt really seem like a plot hole to me.

by the way, the other thing Robin says here @Paperchampion23 , i think this will actually come into the story soon too, and film RED was like, thematically in line with something that will show up in canon later.

at some point there will be a demon summoned into the world and the demon will become a temporary antagonist. demons have been foreshadowed a few times but really not very often. the main thing i can remember is the island Brook traveled to during the timeskip. People in the impoverished nation of Hungeria were trying to summon the "Lord of the Demons". Based on the cult leader's goat-like outfit and the goat head altar, this is probably a take on Baphomet.

The REALLY fucked up thing is that this 8 pointed star symbol with a runic sort of circle inside of it shows up somewhere else too.

Yeah, well, same manga where BM didn't realize that flirtatious lady from CP0 looked almost exactly like the girl from MADs and her former crewmate from Rocks.
Well it has been like 40 years i am pretty sure she doesnt like to revisit her old crew memories.

I am pretty sure big mom may have asked and stussy would have denied that she looks like her crewmate.

This davy jones stuff is pretty interesting. He must be like 800 year old now if turned out to be alive .

Also warden from impel down who disappeared after talking to whos who about nika.

If Davy Jones is alive the tide of storyline might change .

He got mentioned earlier than this, the Daavy Back fight. Actually checking, Oda doesnt associate Daavy Jones to the flying dutchman. He instead does Van Der Decken, which is inspired by the real pirate.

This works for the burned man being daavy jones at least, because he should have his own ship

See the above. Just Van Der Decken, not Daavy Jones. Daavy Jones is separate in LRLL
Legit disappointed that you and @Bogard didn't make any thread after 1081, your content is one of the few that isn't low-quality powerlevel shitfest, which is flooding the section as we speak.

But i'm optimistic since it's a break week.

Nah but now I'm excited to see who tf is the one marked by flames. Hopefully it won't be a disappointment. I would really love a Davy Jones appearance in One Piece but only if they show him some proper respect

Wow!! That's an important info. Never seen it before
Yes..... The satanic emblem that those mortician tried to summon a DEMON is very much similar to those that was on the walls of the World Govt chamber!!
Those mortician may be portrayed as just a gag character but it could be a serious foreshadowing of future events that these people knows something real deal!!

It's not a far fetched, No.... it's more than a possibility that we might be getting some Red film scenario.....
World Govt and Imu summoning some immensely powerful creature out of it towards the final big battle
:pepecorn:

that link is to a fanfic wiki. but davy jones did get mentioned in long ring long land.
Something interesting about long ring long land arc is that it feel like a filler arc...... There's many ppl in community and vast majority anime-only believed it was filler arc and was astonished to hear it was indeed canon arc .....

It's not surprising many thought it's filler......
The main villain Foxy is also the most forgettable villain and has no impact.....
Why is it canon?? Is the interesting part.
Ofc it's the arc where Davy Jones is mentioned and for the first and last time!!
:quest:

Last edited: