Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Around the 300m range

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • 500m+ (Specify)

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I put in Tashigi will leave the marines because I am still a firm believer of beck's theory that Tashigi will join the strawhats in the end to achieve her dream.

However if Tashigi does stay with the marines, I see her being an elite vice admiral in the same vain as Lady Tsuru.
Yeah, I remember that theory. The one where it suggested Smoker and Tashigi would both join. It was a solid case, but I do feel like Tashigi, and Smoker, will ultimately see themselves as marines before Strawhats.

I support the notion that pirates and marines are two sides of the same coin in a gray world, and to highlight that, there needs to be equal quantities of certain pirates and marines. In other words, there are good and evil pirates, as well as good and evil marines. Smoker and Tashigi are among the good marines, which remind the audience that the marines aren't all bad. That sort of gets lost if they become Strawhats. And given the story is largely told from the pirates perspective, it's more imperative these characters are associated as marines, otherwise it further tips the balance of perception in the pirates favor.

Yeah, I remember that theory. The one where it suggested Smoker and Tashigi would both join. It was a solid case, but I do feel like Tashigi, and Smoker, will ultimately see themselves as marines before Strawhats.

I support the notion that pirates and marines are two sides of the same coin in a gray world, and to highlight that, there needs to be equal quantities of certain pirates and marines. In other words, there are good and evil pirates, as well as good and evil marines. Smoker and Tashigi are among the good marines, which remind the audience that the marines aren't all bad. That sort of gets lost if they become Strawhats. And given the story is largely told from the pirates perspective, it's more imperative these characters are associated as marines, otherwise it further tips the balance of perception in the pirates favor.
I understand what you are coming from about Smoker and Tashigi representing the good marines but I see them being replace by Coby and Helmeppo. Oda shown Coby so far being conflicted with the marines viewpoints in marineford but he can't leave because his dream is to be an admiral and he stayed even though Akainu wanted to kill him. Meanwhile Oda gave Smoker and Tashigi a broader viewpoint of corruption with the world government and the marines itself. If Smoker/Tashigi do come to Wano and heard Occhi blackmailed the world government to give up Vegepunk and they been trading with Kaido. It should be the last straw to break the camels back because the world government is the hidden evil behind everything bad in the world.
Plus Oda hints Smoker can leave the marines behind when Kuzan said
Also good marines don't do anything to change the World government for the better, such as Sengoku and Garp knowing all the corrupting things the WG has done, refused or were powerless to do anything about it. Hence why I believe the world government has to be destroyed to be fix and the strawhats will be the ones leading the charge.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I understand what you are coming from about Smoker and Tashigi representing the good marines but I see them being replace by Coby and Helmeppo. Oda shown Coby so far being conflicted with the marines viewpoints in marineford but he can't leave because his dream is to be an admiral and he stayed even though Akainu wanted to kill him. Meanwhile Oda gave Smoker and Tashigi a broader viewpoint of corruption with the world government and the marines itself. If Smoker/Tashigi do come to Wano and heard Occhi blackmailed the world government to give up Vegepunk and they been trading with Kaido. It should be the last straw to break the camels back because the world government is the hidden evil behind everything bad in the world.
Plus Oda hints Smoker can leave the marines behind when Kuzan said
Also good marines don't do anything to change the World government for the better, such as Sengoku and Garp knowing all the corrupting things the WG has done, refused or were powerless to do anything about it. Hence why I believe the world government has to be destroyed to be fix and the strawhats will be the ones leading the charge.
Oh, absolutely. Them leaving the current regime is all but certain. It won't be a "fix it from the inside" job. I was mostly referring to them becoming Strawhats. I see them teaming up with the pirates, but I don't think they'll formally induct themselves within the crew.

Oh, absolutely. Them leaving the current regime is all but certain. It won't be a "fix it from the inside" job. I was mostly referring to them becoming Strawhats. I see them teaming up with the pirates, but I don't think they'll formally induct themselves within the crew.
Allies in the final war would be great but having a scene of Tashigi & Smoker on the Sunny would be awesome!
I still have my fingers cross though. :3

I'd like that too. I personally want to see Smoker and Tashigi vs Luffy and Zoro, though. At least a friendly match to finally put aside differences.
Luffy gave a hint at punk hazard that he wants to fight Smoker at his fullest. So I expect it to happen down the road. Altough I can see Tashigi fangirling about Enma and pouting on Zoro on where does he get these super refine blades from..