Theory The Romance of Fantasy - The Grand Monet Theory

That scene most definitely conveys Crocodile's character, and the meaning behind Pell's death or survival can most definitely be tied to the conversations being had in this scene. The only points I wanted to make were:

A) Crocodile did not willingly allow himself to be arrested after being defeated by Luffy from what I could find; and

B) many people interpret Pell's survival as running counter to the point of this scene: Pell traded his life to protect people, just like Luffy is doing, rather than being a pawn thrown away for someone else's goals. It isn't a heroic sacrifice if you get up and walk away after it, and the entire speech that Luffy made to Vivi earlier about not shouldering the burden on her own is somewhat watered down by the fact that ultimately Vivi got exactly what she wanted: a victory with no casualties.

I will reiterate, I prefer the way things turned out. I like when characters survive because much like Oda, I enjoy the possibility of them coming back into the story and having more to contribute. It's the entire premise of this theory.

But, there is an argument to be made for narrative themes being undermined by narrative choices. The death of allied characters shows what's at stake, but having everyone miraculously survive gives many readers the impression that nothing is ever at stake. How many times have you seen a character in danger and thought "well, Oda doesn't kill anyone, so it's fine"?

I wasn't worried at all when Pedro pulled out the dynamite because "Oda doesn't kill anyone." It just looked like Pell all over again. It wasn't until Perospero stood back up, missing an arm and Pedro nowhere to be seen that it sunk in: Oda may actually have killed Pedro off.

Then Pound sacrificed himself so that Chiffon could get away from Oven. The visuals gave a strong impression that he had died, and I was perfectly willing to believe that Oda had gone through with it because the arc was nearing its conclusion and Pedro was still nowhere to be seen.

Fast forward to Wano with Tonoyasu up on a cross for his public execution. Hot off the heels of Pedro and Pound, I was finally unsure if Oda was willing to kill off a character because it seemed like he'd finally changed his ways. If the Pound reveal had happened earlier, I probably would have gone back to expecting him to survive rather than feeling the tension of wondering what would happen.

Again, it's a matter of personal preference whether Pell or Pedro or Pound or even Tonoyasu's deaths need to be permanent for the sake of "good" storytelling because either way can potentially serve a different purpose and fill different needs for different readers. Regardless of what your personal preference or mine is, though, the original point I was trying to make still stands: Monet's death is absolutely 100% pointless.

Being knocked out would suffice for stopping the self-destruct sequence, no one is visibly affected or changed by Monet's death, no one even seems to know about it (there's a scene where Doflamingo talks about Monet which has been translated as "you killed Monet," but that's a mistranslation and it's more like "you attacked Monet"). There are no lasting implications or repercussions to Monet's death, but her survival has the potential to shape the entire rest of the story
Yeah especially this, you talked about before.

This could really be the explanation of her survival, which I surely believe.
Post automatically merged:

Once again another one.......

MyAnimeList-Linux_2020 user said: "Pell made it because the explosion happened on mid-air on an open area in which Pell can escape it by gaining Altitude...
But the same can't be said to Monet's fate..even if she can fly there's no way she can escape easily in an closed area like caesar's laboratory, even if she managed to go out SMILE will just engulf her in seconds petrificate and die... Either way her chance of surviving are slim".

Also I found this interesting one on a Oro Jackson closed forum, I don't know if you saw this before but I think it's really detailed and corrective though. I really wish was those Oro Jackson forum was like, those must've have been the good theory days.

Former User: There is one main thing everyone must consider when factoring in if the the stab to Monet's Heart did in fact kill her.....And yes, she was stabbed, directly in the heart, and the panels shown leave very little room for debate.....But It does not mean the Stab killed Monet...The one thing that could have saved Monets life (And it is very plausible) is the Cube that was encasing it. When a person's heart is punctured in a manner that doesn't cause the heart to explode (Ex. a bullet), one of the very first things they do is immediately lose consciousness, but they don't die right away. The heart's main function is to continuously keep the blood pumping throughout the body, which in turn keeps the brain functioning. When the heart is pierced, it can no longer steadily keep the blood flowing, which in turn shuts the brain down. One of three things happen when your heart is punctured, you either become Brain dead, and die, or if the puncture is big enough, you bleed out and die before going brain dead, or by some miracle, you make it to a doctor in time, and survive...

This is where the Cube, and the panel you showed @Syphin comes into play. As we can clearly see, Ceasar did infact remove the spike from Monet's heart, and it was logged in the ground next to the cube. What we can also see, is that there is no longer any blood spilling out from the cube, in the same exact panel. Now I don't know exactly how the cube works, but it is possible, that the second Caesar removed the Spike, the cube closed back up, minimizing the blood loss from Monets heart, just in time to get the blood pumping back through her body, and keeping her alive.

Now I'm not saying Monet is alive or dead....But I figured I'd offer my input on how I believe it's possible she could have survived. Remember, the Ope Ope no Mi, is one of the most Haxed Devil Fruits in existence, and I'm sure Law wouldn't have given up his heart so easily if he knew that if that cube was punctured in any way shape or form, it would have resulted in his immediate death.....

And apparently you have a 1 and 3 chance of surviving being stabbed in the heart.

According to a seven-year study on penetrating cardiac injuries involving more than 20,000 consecutive trauma patients, the survival rate for patients who were stabbed in the heart was 32.6 percent.​

Last edited:
No worries, there are summaries for each chapter and an overall summary in chapter 4 if the previous three summaries are still too long. Just ctrl+F for "summary" and you should find them no problem. Hope that helps!
I just passed my eyes through but I've seen enough. Sorry but all this is bullshit to me. You are basically making Monet the MC hahaha. Don't care at all about her. Crew is not going to moon, that is Enel only. Series is not ending at 1200, maybe Laugh Tale arc will be around that but final war will push near 1500.

I just passed my eyes through but I've seen enough. Sorry but all this is bullshit to me. You are basically making Monet the MC hahaha. Don't care at all about her. Crew is not going to moon, that is Enel only. Series is not ending at 1200, maybe Laugh Tale arc will be around that but final war will push near 1500.
You come here and demand a summary (that you could find by yourself) because of "too many words". Yet, when the summary is provided, all that you say is you didn't even read because all this is bullshit.
Behind this huge amount of work there is a person who spent a lot of his time researching, analizing and eventually put into writing.
Your reply is shallow, disrespectful and unnecessary.
Noone is asking you to agree with the theory, but if you want to give a feedback be respectful and constructive.
If you, as you said, don't care at all about Monet, don't come here. The title of the thread make it pretty clear who this theory talk about, don't you think?

You come here and demand a summary (that you could find by yourself) because of "too many words". Yet, when the summary is provided, all that you say is you didn't even read because all this is bullshit.
Behind this huge amount of work there is a person who spent a lot of his time researching, analizing and eventually put into writing.
Your reply is shallow, disrespectful and unnecessary.
Noone is asking you to agree with the theory, but if you want to give a feedback be respectful and constructive.
If you, as you said, don't care at all about Monet, don't come here. The title of the thread make it pretty clear who this theory talk about, don't you think?
Forum is free to anyone here comment whatever it wants to comment. So you are no one to tell who can come here and if this person is allow to comment or not.

That said, you are the one taking it too personal because I didn't liked your theory or even cared to read all that BULLSHIT you wrote. Don't give a fuck if you spend a lot of time, it is bullshit by the reasons I explained. Makes no fucking sense. As I said you focused only on the Monet as protagonist, besides her it seems you don't even read OP at all.

You are very incoherent with yourself. What exactly doesn't make sense of the theory? You admitted yourself you did not even read it, so how can you judge it?
This is not even my theory, i just got pissed off by your behaviour, but you don't listen and exposed yourself: you're an immature individual who just came here with the intent of provoke and insult, quit it.

Last edited:
That said, you are the one taking it too personal because I didn't liked your theory or even cared to read all that BULLSHIT you wrote. Don't give a fuck if you spend a lot of time, it is bullshit by the reasons I explained. Makes no fucking sense. As I said you focused only on the Monet as protagonist, besides her it seems you don't even read OP at all.
I'd like to point out that this was my theory, not DKI's. I understand the confusion, as we both have Monet icons, I just wanted to clear that up so that the vitriol is pointed at the right person.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't care for the theory, though I think your assessment that I'm treating Monet as "the protagonist" is a tad unfair. At no point do I imply that Monet is equally or more important than Luffy, the single main character, just that she has the potential to be added to the main cast, making her importance more comparable to Robin if her skills are relevant to finding Laugh Tale.

Series is not ending at 1200, maybe Laugh Tale arc will be around that but final war will push near 1500.
I would also like for One Piece to go to 1500, especially since that would allow for significantly more time for the plot points I laid out to potentially come to pass. However, if we assume that Oda's estimate of five years is accurate, that simply can't be the case, the math just doesn't line up. There are only 52 weeks in a year, many of which Oda takes breaks on, so if he only goes for five more years, the absolute maximum number of chapters remaining would be approximately 250.

Fingers crossed that Oda's estimation is wrong, but we need to be emotionally prepared for worst-case scenarios.

I'd like to point out that this was my theory, not DKI's. I understand the confusion, as we both have Monet icons, I just wanted to clear that up so that the vitriol is pointed at the right person.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't care for the theory, though I think your assessment that I'm treating Monet as "the protagonist" is a tad unfair. At no point do I imply that Monet is equally or more important than Luffy, the single main character, just that she has the potential to be added to the main cast, making her importance more comparable to Robin if her skills are relevant to finding Laugh Tale.

I would also like for One Piece to go to 1500, especially since that would allow for significantly more time for the plot points I laid out to potentially come to pass. However, if we assume that Oda's estimate of five years is accurate, that simply can't be the case, the math just doesn't line up. There are only 52 weeks in a year, many of which Oda takes breaks on, so if he only goes for five more years, the absolute maximum number of chapters remaining would be approximately 250.

Fingers crossed that Oda's estimation is wrong, but we need to be emotionally prepared for worst-case scenarios.
Sorry I really didn't noticed the name difference between you 2 or the image difference since both are Monet.

You don't have to say anything, it is implied. You made a whole arc or 2(because I didn't read it all) about Monet. So this is basically making her the MC, not even talking about flashback. But whatever I don't care too much about this.

I don't think anything besides a navigator and someone that reads poneglyphs are necessary to find Laugh Tale.

You and majority community roughly misunderstood Oda statement about OP ending in 5 years. He never said that. He said the main plot which is finding OP itself would be in 5 years. After that we have final war which he claimed that would be the biggest war ever(not sure of OP or in anime). So it's 5 years(probably at least 7) until Laugh Tale and then at least 3 years of final war. But I don't see time for your Monet arcs or for pirates going to the moon.

Keep in mind that is something near 40 chapters per year.

Sorry I really didn't noticed the name difference between you 2 or the image difference since both are Monet.

You don't have to say anything, it is implied. You made a whole arc or 2(because I didn't read it all) about Monet. So this is basically making her the MC, not even talking about flashback. But whatever I don't care too much about this.

I don't think anything besides a navigator and someone that reads poneglyphs are necessary to find Laugh Tale.

You and majority community roughly misunderstood Oda statement about OP ending in 5 years. He never said that. He said the main plot which is finding OP itself would be in 5 years. After that we have final war which he claimed that would be the biggest war ever(not sure of OP or in anime). So it's 5 years(probably at least 7) until Laugh Tale and then at least 3 years of final war. But I don't see time for your Monet arcs or for pirates going to the moon.

Keep in mind that is something near 40 chapters per year.
Every article that I've seen has stated that he explicitly said the series would "end in 4-5 years" with "a little over 100 volumes." Library of Ohara did a comprehensive review of every statement that Oda has ever made about the story's end which all consistently point to ending around 2025. Here's the link if you're willing to take the time to read over it: https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/11/24/when-did-oda-say-one-piece-will-end-with-official-sources/

As for the final war, bear in mind that Marineford was only about 40 chapters. It doesn't need to take three years to be the biggest war in the story.

Also, every Straw Hat gets at least one, if not two arcs dedicated to their backstory. Was Sanji the main character during Whole Cake Island? Was Law the main character during Dressrosa? When we get to Elbaf and presumably see the resolution of Usopp's dream to become a Brave Warrior of the Sea, will Usopp be the main character?

I'm also somewhat unclear on exactly what the issue is. Is your issue with the idea of Monet being alive or joining the crew? If you agree that Monet is alive, what purpose would you suggest that Oda has for building up her return for this long if not for something grand like joining the crew?

If you don't agree that she's alive, may I ask what your reasoning is?

Forum is free to anyone here comment whatever it wants to comment. So you are no one to tell who can come here and if this person is allow to comment or not.

Nah you're just being a little shit. Like a child.

Every article that I've seen has stated that he explicitly said the series would "end in 4-5 years" with "a little over 100 volumes." Library of Ohara did a comprehensive review of every statement that Oda has ever made about the story's end which all consistently point to ending around 2025. Here's the link if you're willing to take the time to read over it: https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/11/24/when-did-oda-say-one-piece-will-end-with-official-sources/

As for the final war, bear in mind that Marineford was only about 40 chapters. It doesn't need to take three years to be the biggest war in the story.

Also, every Straw Hat gets at least one, if not two arcs dedicated to their backstory. Was Sanji the main character during Whole Cake Island? Was Law the main character during Dressrosa? When we get to Elbaf and presumably see the resolution of Usopp's dream to become a Brave Warrior of the Sea, will Usopp be the main character?

I'm also somewhat unclear on exactly what the issue is. Is your issue with the idea of Monet being alive or joining the crew? If you agree that Monet is alive, what purpose would you suggest that Oda has for building up her return for this long if not for something grand like joining the crew?

If you don't agree that she's alive, may I ask what your reasoning is?
https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/09/16/volume-97-sbs-question-corner/

Same source of yours. Oda says that the most exciting part of Luffy's adventure "What is One Piece" will come to conclusion. But that is not the end of the series. Final war is. There is many thing to do until it really ends. Fishmen island destruction for example.
Oda in the same answer about OP ending said about the greatest battle ever. Just like he said Wano would be greater than Marineford (therefore longer) Final War has to be the greatest (therefore longest).

I don't care at all if she is alive or not. Oda almost never kill characters she may be alive just like I believe Pedro is alive too.

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/09/16/volume-97-sbs-question-corner/

Same source of yours. Oda says that the most exciting part of Luffy's adventure "What is One Piece" will come to conclusion. But that is not the end of the series. Final war is. There is many thing to do until it really ends. Fishmen island destruction for example.
Oda in the same answer about OP ending said about the greatest battle ever. Just like he said Wano would be greater than Marineford (therefore longer) Final War has to be the greatest (therefore longest).

I don't care at all if she is alive or not. Oda almost never kill characters she may be alive just like I believe Pedro is alive too.
His exact words in the SBS you're referring to are "the series will end." A fan asked "is it true that you'll stop serializing One Piece in 5 years?" and he responded with "correct." That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

As for my other question, if you don't care whether she's alive, what exactly is the problem we're having here? If you disagree with the idea that she'll join the crew, that's perfectly fine. I even state several times in the theory itself that my prediction of events is just my opinion on how I think it could work out the most logically. I said I think that the crew will go to the moon, but of course, it's possible that the connection between the Sky People and the moon will be revealed on Earth. At no point do I suggest that the way I envision events playing out is the only way that they can or that they must.

Since you brought up that you don't believe they'll go to the moon, I assume you have some umbrage with that idea. Why do you feel that the moon is an exclusive storyline to Enel? Do you feel that said storyline has reached its conclusion, or do you think it'll come back in some way later?

His exact words in the SBS you're referring to are "the series will end." A fan asked "is it true that you'll stop serializing One Piece in 5 years?" and he responded with "correct." That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

As for my other question, if you don't care whether she's alive, what exactly is the problem we're having here? If you disagree with the idea that she'll join the crew, that's perfectly fine. I even state several times in the theory itself that my prediction of events is just my opinion on how I think it could work out the most logically. I said I think that the crew will go to the moon, but of course, it's possible that the connection between the Sky People and the moon will be revealed on Earth. At no point do I suggest that the way I envision events playing out is the only way that they can or that they must.

Since you brought up that you don't believe they'll go to the moon, I assume you have some umbrage with that idea. Why do you feel that the moon is an exclusive storyline to Enel? Do you feel that said storyline has reached its conclusion, or do you think it'll come back in some way later?
I don't care about Monet at all. Your main point is her but you have side points hat called my attention and I'm talking about them not about Monet. Is not that hard to understand. There is no logical at all in their going to the moon. This is not a pirate thing. Enel is not a pirate therefore he can go there. But maybe Rocks is there? That is something else...

I don't care about Monet at all. Your main point is her but you have side points hat called my attention and I'm talking about them not about Monet. Is not that hard to understand. There is no logical at all in their going to the moon. This is not a pirate thing. Enel is not a pirate therefore he can go there. But maybe Rocks is there? That is something else...
Rocks is a pirate though. Why would he be there if going to the moon is not a pirate thing?

Rocks is a pirate though. Why would he be there if going to the moon is not a pirate thing?
Is just a thing I have on my mind because Sengoku said "this man doesn't walk at this world anymore". The moon is not this world so maybe he could be there not exactly dead.
But still my point is the same, makes no sense for a pirate going to moon.

Is just a thing I have on my mind because Sengoku said "this man doesn't walk at this world anymore". The moon is not this world so maybe he could be there not exactly dead.
But still my point is the same, makes no sense for a pirate going to moon.
While I could go into how it doesn't make much sense for a pirate to fly into the sky either, I'd rather this thread get back on its main topic, being Monet. If you have any evidence suggesting that Monet won't be coming back or won't be joining the crew, feel free to continue discussing it here.

If you're only interested in talking about the moon, I would recommend moving over to the thread I started that focuses on the moon aspects of this theory instead: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/a-man-of-god-the-urouge-and-enel-connection.8049/

While I could go into how it doesn't make much sense for a pirate to fly into the sky either, I'd rather this thread get back on its main topic, being Monet. If you have any evidence suggesting that Monet won't be coming back or won't be joining the crew, feel free to continue discussing it here.

If you're only interested in talking about the moon, I would recommend moving over to the thread I started that focuses on the moon aspects of this theory instead: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/a-man-of-god-the-urouge-and-enel-connection.8049/
I don't think Monet and Sugar are relevant enough for the rest of the history. Maybe if Oda wanted OP to last longer it would be possible for that to happened. Monet can be dead or alive, makes no difference.

I don't think Monet and Sugar are relevant enough for the rest of the history. Maybe if Oda wanted OP to last longer it would be possible for that to happened. Monet can be dead or alive, makes no difference.
Do you have any textual evidence to support your stance that Monet won't be relevant? Oda has brought characters who didn't seem like they'd be relevant back many times, such as Caribou or Hatchan, so there doesn't really seem to be any reason to assume that any given character won't become relevant later.