Theory The Romance of Fantasy - The Grand Monet Theory

Hey Tokiro, I love the theory and while I am not convinced she will join the crew I do think she is alive and will play a big part with Vegapunk or something to do with space/aliens.

My big question is why have you not made youtube video detailing this theory yet??? It will be immensely popular and go out to the wider community. Where hopefully fans can add to the discussion.

State your conclusion, list all the most crucial points for her being alive, then all the points that go against the theory and why they are wrong, and finally your conclusion again. And Boom insta popular video. Right now if I want to show this great theory no one wants to read it. But if you condense it into a video I honestly think it has a chance to be a very entertaining and wide reaching video.

tl;dr Seriously go make a youtube video if you haven't already. I think it has great potential but you are "jailing" it to forums.

If I may ask, why do you like Carrot though?
The original reason I liked Carrot was orginally because when she was introduced, the common theory around Monet wasn't that she'd come back, but that someone else would get her Devil Fruit. When Carrot showed up, people immediately noted a similarity to Monet's Snow Rabbit attack and the rabbits in the sea after Punk Hazard and thought perhaps those two things had been foreshadowing that Carrot would get the Snow-Snow Fruit. I also just really liked her design and thought "if I don't get Monet, I'd better at least get Carrot." She was a consolation prize, if you will. The introduction of Electro also helped, as I like the idea of someone utilizing thundersnow in combat (electricity given a much more negative, and thus destructive, charge due to the low temperatures of snow clouds), so I wanted either Carrot to combine Electro with the Snow-Snow Fruit OR for both of them to join and become friends who had combo techniques together.

Nowadays, I just genuinely like Carrot as a character and have enjoyed how she interacts with the crew. I do think it's a shame that she hasn't had any focus as of late, but bear in mind, when has Brook ever really gotten focus after Thriller Bark? He gets one-off attacks that take out minor enemies, but never character advancing or affirming moments like the majority of the crew. Some people argue that the only characters that Oda feels the need to really develop are the original five, and while I don't necessarily agree with that standpoint, I understand why they say it based on how Oda has written the series thus far.

Regarding the alphabet theory it still could happen though, although with very slim chance. Franky’s real name was Cutty Flam. So unless Carrot changes her name to fit GH, WX, OP, she’ll still pretty much share the same fate like Rebecca, Vivi, Shirahoshi, Bartolomeo, etc. and honestly I don’t think Carrot will change her name
Seeing as I already wrote a whole theory on this topic, I'll just link it here in case you haven't seen it. https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/spelling-it-out-the-straw-hat-alphabet-pattern.4109/

My big question is why have you not made youtube video detailing this theory yet??? It will be immensely popular and go out to the wider community. Where hopefully fans can add to the discussion.
My wife has also been suggesting I make a video version, but there's three reasons I haven't: time, energy and resources. The theory itself took me an entire month to write at the beginning of the pandemic when I was temporarily laid off and my semester had just ended. Now I'm back to work and about to do my most work-intensive semester of grad school. Even if I use my downtime for making a video, I don't think I'd have the energy to devote to it when I'm just trying to relax. Finally, I don't really have a good video editor, microphone, or other options for making a video. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I'd want it to look professional, which is something I'm just not equipped to do right now.

The original reason I liked Carrot was orginally because when she was introduced, the common theory around Monet wasn't that she'd come back, but that someone else would get her Devil Fruit. When Carrot showed up, people immediately noted a similarity to Monet's Snow Rabbit attack and the rabbits in the sea after Punk Hazard and thought perhaps those two things had been foreshadowing that Carrot would get the Snow-Snow Fruit. I also just really liked her design and thought "if I don't get Monet, I'd better at least get Carrot." She was a consolation prize, if you will. The introduction of Electro also helped, as I like the idea of someone utilizing thundersnow in combat (electricity given a much more negative, and thus destructive, charge due to the low temperatures of snow clouds), so I wanted either Carrot to combine Electro with the Snow-Snow Fruit OR for both of them to join and become friends who had combo techniques together.

Nowadays, I just genuinely like Carrot as a character and have enjoyed how she interacts with the crew. I do think it's a shame that she hasn't had any focus as of late, but bear in mind, when has Brook ever really gotten focus after Thriller Bark? He gets one-off attacks that take out minor enemies, but never character advancing or affirming moments like the majority of the crew. Some people argue that the only characters that Oda feels the need to really develop are the original five, and while I don't necessarily agree with that standpoint, I understand why they say it based on how Oda has written the series thus far.

Seeing as I already wrote a whole theory on this topic, I'll just link it here in case you haven't seen it. https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/spelling-it-out-the-straw-hat-alphabet-pattern.4109/
Still IMO if you think “if you don’t get Monet, you better at least get Carrot” is a massive downgrade. Carrot getting Monet’s DF most likely makes Monet’s return to be much more impossible, not to mention if you believe the MFMM pattern. At least with Yamato, if you consider Yamato as a trans-man & have already had their own DF, Monet’s return will be much more possible & fit the MFMM/MMFM pattern. Again, Monet is one of the best characters/villains Oda has created & Carrot is not even half best of her. Fans might still consider Monet’s possible of joining, if Oda didn’t decide to ambiguously kill her; so the biggest counter of Monet’s joining is her apparent death.

I have seen your alphabet theory, and I still don’t get the needs to use epithet to fit. If you want to use epithet, apply epithet on every single member;and if you use epithets on them, either “Black Leg” Sanji or “Burglar Cat” Nami should be out because their epithets start with B. Either “Cyborg” Franky or “Cotton Candy Lover” Chopper should be out since both epithets start with C. Not to mention that their surname doesn’t count; for example Roronoa Zoro, we should count Z instead of R because SHs or at least we call him Zoro, not Roronoa. It applies to with Nico Robin, Vinsmoke Sanji, etc. Still, at least Vivi & Karoo can still fit the “new” alphabet theory that it doesn’t need to be pairing; at least their initial name don’t collide with current Straw Hats. There are 26 letters though, with 10 out of 26 not available, there are still 16 letters available as long as the potential SH’s initial doesn’t collide with currently existing SH crew. So unless if Carrot somehow changes her name to be Pedro or anything out of the unavailable ones, her chance is slim to none.

at least Brook has decent spotlights, unlike Robin who has proper spotlight until only recently when she fights Black Maria. Even Robin’s last 1 v 1 fight was back then in Skypiea vs Yama. And honestly speaking you can’t really compare an official Straw Hat(in this case, Brook)’s focus with Carrot’s focus.

Still IMO if you think “if you don’t get Monet, you better at least get Carrot” is a massive downgrade. Carrot getting Monet’s DF most likely makes Monet’s return to be much more impossible, not to mention if you believe the MFMM pattern. At least with Yamato, if you consider Yamato as a trans-man & have already had their own DF, Monet’s return will be much more possible & fit the MFMM/MMFM pattern. Again, Monet is one of the best characters/villains Oda has created & Carrot is not even half best of her. Fans might still consider Monet’s possible of joining, if Oda didn’t decide to ambiguously kill her; so the biggest counter of Monet’s joining is her apparent death.

I have seen your alphabet theory, and I still don’t get the needs to use epithet to fit. If you want to use epithet, apply epithet on every single member;and if you use epithets on them, either “Black Leg” Sanji or “Burglar Cat” Nami should be out because their epithets start with B. Either “Cyborg” Franky or “Cotton Candy Lover” Chopper should be out since both epithets start with C. Not to mention that their surname doesn’t count; for example Roronoa Zoro, we should count Z instead of R because SHs or at least we call him Zoro, not Roronoa. It applies to with Nico Robin, Vinsmoke Sanji, etc. Still, at least Vivi & Karoo can still fit the “new” alphabet theory that it doesn’t need to be pairing; at least their initial name don’t collide with current Straw Hats. There are 26 letters though, with 10 out of 26 not available, there are still 16 letters available as long as the potential SH’s initial doesn’t collide with currently existing SH crew. So unless if Carrot somehow changes her name to be Pedro or anything out of the unavailable ones, her chance is slim to none.

at least Brook has decent spotlights, unlike Robin who has proper spotlight until only recently when she fights Black Maria. Even Robin’s last 1 v 1 fight was back then in Skypiea vs Yama. And honestly speaking you can’t really compare an official Straw Hat(in this case, Brook)’s focus with Carrot’s focus.
I'm not going to discuss my alphabet pattern post here, but to be honest, I'm not particularly interested in discussing it on the original post either. I've heard the argument you're saying plenty of times, and it deliberately ignores the argument that I was making, so I'm not going to reiterate my side any further. It's not a fun discussion anymore, so I'm not having it anymore.

I'm also not interested in having a discussion where the quality of two characters is compared. Calling Carrot a "downgrade" is not only disparaging to Carrot as a character but to me, as someone who likes Carrot. That's no different than the way people who don't like Monet talk about her, and frankly, I do not appreciate it. Is it not enough that I simply like Carrot?

I am not trying to convince you that Carrot is going to join any more than I'm trying to convince other people that Monet is going to join. I am simply open to any possibility that Oda throws our way and am trying to help other people be open to ideas they may not want or agree with.

I'm not going to discuss my alphabet pattern post here, but to be honest, I'm not particularly interested in discussing it on the original post either. I've heard the argument you're saying plenty of times, and it deliberately ignores the argument that I was making, so I'm not going to reiterate my side any further. It's not a fun discussion anymore, so I'm not having it anymore.

I'm also not interested in having a discussion where the quality of two characters is compared. Calling Carrot a "downgrade" is not only disparaging to Carrot as a character but to me, as someone who likes Carrot. That's no different than the way people who don't like Monet talk about her, and frankly, I do not appreciate it. Is it not enough that I simply like Carrot?

I am not trying to convince you that Carrot is going to join any more than I'm trying to convince other people that Monet is going to join. I am simply open to any possibility that Oda throws our way and am trying to help other people be open to ideas they may not want or agree with.
well, sorry if you feel insulted about my honest opinion on Carrot, especially seeing how you love Monet very much; a character with great design, power, and personality.

TBH also as a Yamato4nakama train follower, I still love Monet more than Yamato. At this point then let’s agree to disagree especially on Carrot’s case.

for Monet, it’s still possible like you mentioned that “Monet” is simply a codename among Doflamingo pirates, especially seeing Trebol, Pica, etc. just how like Miss All Sunday was Robin’s codename. Hopefully in future arc, Monet can make a comeback which as we think Vegapunk arc is possible to make her comeback. The example of how Nami & Robin join many arcs later, appeared as a villain’s subordinate first also seems plausible.

Last edited:
well, sorry if you feel insulted about my honest opinion on Carrot, especially seeing how you love Monet very much; a character with great design, power, and personality.

TBH also as a Yamato4nakama train follower, I still love Monet more than Yamato. At this point then let’s agree to disagree especially on Carrot’s case.

for Monet, it’s still possible like you mentioned that “Monet” is simply a codename among Doflamingo pirates, especially seeing Trebol, Pica, etc. just how like Miss All Sunday was Robin’s codename. Hopefully in future arc, Monet can make a comeback which as we think Vegapunk arc is possible to make her comeback. The example of how Nami & Robin join many arcs later, appeared as a villain’s subordinate first also seems plausible.
I appreciate the apology.

As for Monet's name, I'm still very strongly in the camp that her real name is Happy. Obviously, there isn't too much to base conjecture for her name on, but if we can assume she isn't using her real name, then the only clue we really have to go on is the word that's emblazoned on her chest. Sure, it's meant to be a pun on Harpy, but Oda is perfectly capable of having her name pull double duty.

Furthermore, when we consider that in conjunction with the Alphabet Theory still having an open slot for an H and the word "happy" tying into the consistent visual theme of smiling/laughing, it suddenly feels all the more plausible.

I appreciate the apology.

As for Monet's name, I'm still very strongly in the camp that her real name is Happy. Obviously, there isn't too much to base conjecture for her name on, but if we can assume she isn't using her real name, then the only clue we really have to go on is the word that's emblazoned on her chest. Sure, it's meant to be a pun on Harpy, but Oda is perfectly capable of having her name pull double duty.

Furthermore, when we consider that in conjunction with the Alphabet Theory still having an open slot for an H and the word "happy" tying into the consistent visual theme of smiling/laughing, it suddenly feels all the more plausible.
If her name is indeed Happy, it actually fits your alphabet theory very much. Or if it’s not Happy, I hope that maybe the “Happy” on her chest is the clue with her real name, since “Happy” could be linked to Doflamingo’s pirate theme, like how Robin used “BW” armband back then. I suddenly have the crazy idea that Monet is inspired by Harry Potter’s Hermione & Hedwig combined. Monet’s diligence & ability in fights resemble Hermione, and Monet’s bird wings & legs are Hedwig’s; which is a Snowy Owl. Both also starts their name with “H”

Hopefully Oda will reveal later why Monet changed her limbs to be bird limbs; and also it seems weird if she is an artificial harpy & she got operated by Law, Law would put much effort by putting bird tail on her. I’m still more convinced that she is a natural harpy, and will grow bird limbs when she hits specific age.

I really still hope that Oda will make her re-appear again during Vegapunk arc, and will explain the reason behind her physical appearance which very much shrouded in mystery.

Last edited:
@Tokiro Oumaga

Long time since I visited your amazing theory. I think this might be of your interest.

Have you seen Ohara's exposition of the japanese One Piece teories?

Here is Ohara's interview with the japanese youtuber Yuderon

Some of Yuderon's theories in japanese

What connects all these videos is Oda's intense love for wordplays in japanese and Goroawase.

Personally I would be very happy if either Monet, Kuma, Monet's fruit or Kuma's fruit became part of the strawhat's crew.

It also looks like that the moon is going to be even more revelant in future arcs.

My wife has also been suggesting I make a video version, but there's three reasons I haven't: time, energy and resources. The theory itself took me an entire month to write at the beginning of the pandemic when I was temporarily laid off and my semester had just ended. Now I'm back to work and about to do my most work-intensive semester of grad school. Even if I use my downtime for making a video, I don't think I'd have the energy to devote to it when I'm just trying to relax. Finally, I don't really have a good video editor, microphone, or other options for making a video. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I'd want it to look professional, which is something I'm just not equipped to do right now.

No pressure of course! But I really do think a video would bring new life to this theory so let me know if you ever do make it. I'd love to watch it

@Tokiro Oumaga

Long time since I visited your amazing theory. I think this might be of your interest.

Have you seen Ohara's exposition of the japanese One Piece teories?

Here is Ohara's interview with the japanese youtuber Yuderon

Some of Yuderon's theories in japanese

What connects all these videos is Oda's intense love for wordplays in japanese and Goroawase.

Personally I would be very happy if either Monet, Kuma, Monet's fruit or Kuma's fruit became part of the strawhat's crew.

It also looks like that the moon is going to be even more revelant in future arcs.
I haven't seen any of those videos, the only One Piece youtuber I've paid much attention to is Mr. Morj, but those sound interesting, I'll have to look into them sometime when I have a spare moment. Thank you for the recommendations!

As for the moon's increased relevance, I have some thoughts on the topic that I hope to be able to share with you all soon.

Whew... i got through a lot of it but might have to quit. You're talking about stuff that I don't know yet, like the stuff that has to do with some group from the moon. I'm guessing it's covered in the manga and not that anime. I haven't been caught up in the manga since the late 30's volume wise. The furthest I've read in the manga was about when Franky was run over by the train. I recently started reading again from the beginning using an app on my phone but I only just got to Alabasta XD.

It was enjoyble so far though. I didn't really like Monet that much and since I was anime only by Enies Lobby I didn't know there was any evidence to suggest she survived the events of Punk Hazard. You really have knack for the theory stuff :). I'll have to check out some of your other stuff too.

Whew... i got through a lot of it but might have to quit. You're talking about stuff that I don't know yet, like the stuff that has to do with some group from the moon. I'm guessing it's covered in the manga and not that anime. I haven't been caught up in the manga since the late 30's volume wise. The furthest I've read in the manga was about when Franky was run over by the train. I recently started reading again from the beginning using an app on my phone but I only just got to Alabasta XD.

It was enjoyble so far though. I didn't really like Monet that much and since I was anime only by Enies Lobby I didn't know there was any evidence to suggest she survived the events of Punk Hazard. You really have knack for the theory stuff :). I'll have to check out some of your other stuff too.
I'm glad you liked what you saw, even if you couldn't get through all of it! I appreciate that you made an honest effort, and that's all I can really ask of anyone.

People need to realize that one piece isn't that deep and side characters are side characters, oda just make throwaway references on surface level and never elaborate. He's not some genius that plans on everything like you all claimed, infact a genius wouldn't get caught in a multiple powerscaling consistencies like he has.

Once the manga is over, you will realize how foolish most people are for making oda sounds more than what he is, a shonen writer

People need to realize that one piece isn't that deep and side characters are side characters, oda just make throwaway references on surface level and never elaborate. He's not some genius that plans on everything like you all claimed, infact a genius wouldn't get caught in a multiple powerscaling consistencies like he has.

Once the manga is over, you will realize how foolish most people are for making oda sounds more than what he is, a shonen writer

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. I don't know how he could possibly have been going for this long with such a rich world without having a plan. While I can certainly think of a few, there aren't all that many inconsistencies.

I also don't see how commenting something so sweeping in one person's theory post is at all productive. Especially in a forum dedicated to the love of the fandom and the characters. There are surely better threads on even on this forum for a discussion about how much you think Oda planned out and his mistakes than this one.

You don't have to praise the very earth the writer of the manga walks, but you also don't need to be cruel.

I can't believe people still think Monet is coming back. She's not coming back! You just like her because you want a weird woman you've fetishized to become a straw hat- but Jimbei is our 10th soooo

Tokiro, this Theory is amazing! I really really love Monet too and I want that she came back. Seeing your thoughts about the fact that Monet is alive... I can't tell you how warm it made me feel. I'm just shocked by the work you've done putting all these puzzles together. You're a huge fellow! It feels right away how much you've fallen in love with her as a person... You made me believe she survived! Even though the clouds are gathering, but I will believe until the very end...

Tokiro, this Theory is amazing! I really really love Monet too and I want that she came back. Seeing your thoughts about the fact that Monet is alive... I can't tell you how warm it made me feel. I'm just shocked by the work you've done putting all these puzzles together. You're a huge fellow! It feels right away how much you've fallen in love with her as a person... You made me believe she survived! Even though the clouds are gathering, but I will believe until the very end...
I think this might be the first time I've had someone tell me that I got them to believe in Monet! Usually, people either already agree with me and praise me for realizing their thoughts or already disagree and call me a simp. Whether I'm right or wrong, conveying that warm feeling you got was the real point of putting in all this effort! I wanted to share my love, so knowing that others can feel it makes it all worth it!

I rewatching One Piece now. And for me, her character was presented quite strangely. Initially, she showed no emotion towards Caesar. Her smile was only when she was doing her favorite thing: astronomy. But then, in the course of observing her, I began to notice that she often smiles in principle. At first I thought it was because she was cruel and sadistic, but then I realized more and more that Monet just loves life with all her heart and soul. That is, he knows what it's like to be in captivity. Throughout the whole arc, she was very calculating and emotionally cold, but when it came to children, she immediately began to change, gradually. When she was left 1 on 1 with Zoro, who gave Nami and Robin a pass, Monet had already begun to hesitate. She was already on the verge of emotions. And when the marines came running, she flew into a rage. I think she had an internal conflict between her duty to protect Caesar and her love for children. And emotions took over. And finally, the last final scene where Monet wants to sacrifice himself. And she soars her gaze and her wings to the sky, breathing heavily... This scene turned out to be as painful and sad for me as Ace's death... Her every movement said that she still wanted to live a little more, a little more, for herself... The snow begins to fall around, turning golden. And her last dying wish was to make someone the pirate king, and she told Doflamingo about it. ( All we know that Dofflamingo didn't want this at all. ).These were her sincere desires and motives, but the fear of the Doflamingo did not allow them to be realized. It's like she spent most of her life in chains, and that's why she asked Low for wings... And the scene where she makes Vergo coffee clearly shows us how she tries to oblige in front of Doflamingo's subordinates. And Vergo tells her that "you don't have to serve me like that."
P.S.: Monet didn't smile, when she saw how Shinokuni began killing people.
Post automatically merged:

Tokiro, I'm rewatching Wano arc now, on my way to events of Onigashima. And all this time, while I was watching, different thoughts were maturing in my head, and I can't get rid of one interesting idea. Namely, snow symbolism. It displays a whole set of different feelings. Recall the past of Chopper, Big Mom, little Law and Corazon, Hiyori/Kawamatsu - there is a pattern everywhere. There is also Robin's past on the snow bridge, who took care of a child who was also unhappy. I found some connection between poor lost or abandoned children and snow. And finally, here's my idea: snow embodies sincere care, the only thing that remains poor and unhappy children who are not needed by anyone. Chopper finds Hiluluk, Korazon and Law become really close when it snows, little Big Mom finds Karmel. Kawamatsu in the snowy region of Ringo collects swords, finds a wounded fox, takes care of him, Hiyori goes to the Ringo with Otoko-chan. And everywhere, everywhere snow can be traced as a manifestation of caring, sincere. And everywhere in all these flashbacks, snow falls softly and slowly.

So, Let's get back to Monet:
1. She owns the snow power - Yuki-Yuki no Mi;
2. She cares about the children;
3. She risks her life for them;

Thus, Monet the embodiment of motherly love, warmth, tenderness and care. And this is I found very, very beautiful and touching...

And there is one more point but for another topic!)
When Roger sailed away from Raftel Island, he said that this was not the end. Perhaps there will be another person who will surpass him and go further. They were in a hurry. (due to Roger's illness, I guess). And again, we have our lovely Harpy who studies astronomy. Which, at the first meeting with Luffy, sat on his shoulders, as if hinting. Maybe it's such a reference that she will be his bird like those pirates with parrots in fairy tales?) Maybe her knowledge and her power will lead Luffy and his team to the Moon?) I think Oda drew the fact that she sat on Luffy's shoulders for a reason. And this reason may be a key role in reaching a new point, beyond the Raftel. And Monet will play a key role here!

Last edited:
I rewatching One Piece now. And for me, her character was presented quite strangely. Initially, she showed no emotion towards Caesar. Her smile was only when she was doing her favorite thing: astronomy. But then, in the course of observing her, I began to notice that she often smiles in principle. At first I thought it was because she was cruel and sadistic, but then I realized more and more that Monet just loves life with all her heart and soul. That is, he knows what it's like to be in captivity. Throughout the whole arc, she was very calculating and emotionally cold, but when it came to children, she immediately began to change, gradually. When she was left 1 on 1 with Zoro, who gave Nami and Robin a pass, Monet had already begun to hesitate. She was already on the verge of emotions. And when the marines came running, she flew into a rage. I think she had an internal conflict between her duty to protect Caesar and her love for children. And emotions took over. And finally, the last final scene where Monet wants to sacrifice himself. And she soars her gaze and her wings to the sky, breathing heavily... This scene turned out to be as painful and sad for me as Ace's death... Her every movement said that she still wanted to live a little more, a little more, for herself... The snow begins to fall around, turning golden. And her last dying wish was to make someone the pirate king, and she told Doflamingo about it. ( All we know that Dofflamingo didn't want this at all. ).These were her sincere desires and motives, but the fear of the Doflamingo did not allow them to be realized. It's like she spent most of her life in chains, and that's why she asked Low for wings... And the scene where she makes Vergo coffee clearly shows us how she tries to oblige in front of Doflamingo's subordinates. And Vergo tells her that "you don't have to serve me like that."
P.S.: Monet didn't smile, when she saw how Shinokuni began killing people.
Post automatically merged:

Tokiro, I'm rewatching Wano arc now, on my way to events of Onigashima. And all this time, while I was watching, different thoughts were maturing in my head, and I can't get rid of one interesting idea. Namely, snow symbolism. It displays a whole set of different feelings. Recall the past of Chopper, Big Mom, little Law and Corazon, Hiyori/Kawamatsu - there is a pattern everywhere. There is also Robin's past on the snow bridge, who took care of a child who was also unhappy. I found some connection between poor lost or abandoned children and snow. And finally, here's my idea: snow embodies sincere care, the only thing that remains poor and unhappy children who are not needed by anyone. Chopper finds Hiluluk, Korazon and Law become really close when it snows, little Big Mom finds Karmel. Kawamatsu in the snowy region of Ringo collects swords, finds a wounded fox, takes care of him, Hiyori goes to the Ringo with Otoko-chan. And everywhere, everywhere snow can be traced as a manifestation of caring, sincere. And everywhere in all these flashbacks, snow falls softly and slowly.

So, Let's get back to Monet:
1. She owns the snow power - Yuki-Yuki no Mi;
2. She cares about the children;
3. She risks her life for them;

Thus, Monet the embodiment of motherly love, warmth, tenderness and care. And this is I found very, very beautiful and touching...

And there is one more point but for another topic!)
When Roger sailed away from Raftel Island, he said that this was not the end. Perhaps there will be another person who will surpass him and go further. They were in a hurry. (due to Roger's illness, I guess). And again, we have our lovely Harpy who studies astronomy. Which, at the first meeting with Luffy, sat on his shoulders, as if hinting. Maybe it's such a reference that she will be his bird like those pirates with parrots in fairy tales?) Maybe her knowledge and her power will lead Luffy and his team to the Moon?) I think Oda drew the fact that she sat on Luffy's shoulders for a reason. And this reason may be a key role in reaching a new point, beyond the Raftel. And Monet will play a key role here!
I love the idea that Luffy's love of snow is meant to serve as set up for snow as a symbol through the series. If it is, though, it's definitely a lot subtler than symbols like the sun or smiling/laughter. If it's a motherly symbol as you suggest, perhaps the payoff to that buildup will be related to Luffy's own mother in some way?

I also think the idea that Monet is meant to be Luffy's shoulder parrot is simply hilarious, I sincerely hope you're right about that.