Rate Sanji new Elbaf outfit ?

• Total voters
@PuckTheGreat Can you tell me what breed of real or mythical fowl is on Sanji's yukata and if it has any Japanese symbolism? Aside from roosters being used to bring Amaterasu from her cave bringing the sun out to vanquish darkness. I already found that myth.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/o...ter_373.png/revision/latest?cb=20130121051613
No idea what type of rooster it is.
Rooster's in general are referred to as the envoys of god and the "Torii" ⛩ that is usually placed at the front of Shinto Shrines are referred to as the Perch of God's messenger (i.e. the Rooster)

Only other myth I'm aware of is that of the Golden Rooster.
Referenced it in this theory here.

No idea what type of rooster it is.
Rooster's in general are referred to as the envoys of god and the "Torii" ⛩ that is usually placed at the front of Shinto Shrines are referred to as the Perch of God's messenger (i.e. the Rooster)

Only other myth I'm aware of is that of the Golden Rooster.
Referenced it in this theory here.
I did not see that theory. I need to go through all of your threads it seems.
Interesting though... so could the COCKING book have a third reference of rooster?

To your point about Uranus:
Sanji's eyebrows are normally counter-clockwise but reverse to clockwise. The two planets in the solar system that are the only ones to rotate that way are Venus (hottest, orange, love) and Uranus (coldest, blue, sky.) Every other planet rotates counter.

Last edited:
You know what...I actually agree that Sanji gets a transformation of sorts towards the end of the series. Imo, this has been foreshadowed all the way since TB and we got a glimpse of it again with Sanji's reaction after the most recent bounties were revealed but I don't think it's gonna be anything like King's. He'll probably have wings but wager it'd be pretty terrifying. Oda seems to be doing an inverted parallels ting with Luffy and Sanji so in contrast to Luffy's design which looks pretty godly/holy reckon Sanji's will be direct opposite of that.

Maybe sumin akin to this

Last edited:
You know what...I actually agree that Sanji gets a transformation of sorts towards the end of the series. Imo, this has been foreshadowed all the way since TB and we got a glimpse of it again with Sanji's reaction after the most recent bounties were revealed but I don't think it's gonna be anything like King's. He'll probably have wings but wager it'd be pretty terrifying. Oda seems to be doing an inverted parallels ting with Luffy and Sanji so in contrast to Luffy's design which looks pretty godly/holy reckon Sanji's will be direct opposite of that.

Maybe sumin akin to this
Got one more CS to ask about.

This. That snake, the square angled look. I have seen it somewhere before but for the life of me cannot figure out where. The closest I found was Aztec quetzalcoatl (flame on tail, tribal look) but it's not exact.

This emblem is interesting though because it's opposite of his usual bird imagery. Garuda is the enemy of the Naga, yet Sanji is variously shown with both.

Any ideas what it's similiar to? It's bothering me that I've seen it before.

Yui Kenkyushitsu (Yui) -> Laffite. She thinks the matchup is a bit obscure but Laffite's fighting style stands out to her (i.e Feels Sanji is the best matchup for him due his aerial ability. Sanji fan iirc)

MonsterJohn -> Vasco Shot (mostly coz of how quirky he is) but thinks Laffite is also a strong possibility. Says Laffite gives him hidden boss vibes (prolly a Zoro fan but I don't know lol)

Onegaishimasu Kaizokudan (Takashi) -> Vasco Shot (Might be able to use flames hence this matchup)

Koyakki Channel (Koyakki) -> Burgess or maybe Pizarro coz of the North Blue ting but thinks Robin might fight him as well (*This was prior to their DF reveals). Koyakki is a Sanji fan iirc

Koyakki Channel (Toya) -> Toya is almost always trolling but he thinks Sanji fights Shiryu. (Zoro v Shiryu is too obvious for him and he doesn't seem like he rates him all that much as a swordsman opponent as Zoro will fight Mihawk latter down the line, so he thinks Zoro fights Alvaro Pizarro, says we might get to see a stronger version of Sanzen Sekai. He's a Zoro fan iirc)

- Vasco Shot seems to be most common from what I've seen after skimming through a bit, which is a bit of a shock to me but I get the reasons, he's weird, seems to be pervert, could potentially use fire etc.

- Also not surprisingly, all the matchups I've seen have Nami v Devon.

- Brook v Laffite is also pretty common which I can kinda get coz of their designs and seems to be the reason why folks match em up
I will be very very very upset if sanji fight vasco shot.

I will be very very very upset if sanji fight vasco shot.
Don't think you have to worry about that ^^
Vasco doesn't have the portrayal to be Sanji's opponent.
I mean there's bare man that think Brook fights Laffite 😂 which tells you all you need to know about the Vasco matchup.
Save those like Rayan that really like Vasco and have a certain bias for him :p, you'd notice no Sanji fan on that list has him going up against Vasco ^^