Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Who is gonna be the new Headmaster of the Sanji Fandom!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty sure it's because the animators recognize good writing too, having worked on these for as long as they have. I'm not saying King vs Zoro wasn't good. But, where was the emotion, stakes, or drive through that fight. Zoro becoming a King?

Luffy was fighting for the hopes of Wano and a coming of old legends.
Sanji was fighting himself, his family, and had an emotional existential crisis to overcome.

Zoro vs King was ..? What WAS the point of having him take King aside from 2nd?

Animators who work on the anime probably get sick of just action, people want to make masterpieces and effect watchers emotionally, be a part of the history. Not just draw fight scenes because they're in the material.

Pretty sure it's because the animators recognize good writing too, having worked on these for as long as they have. I'm not saying King vs Zoro wasn't good. But, where was the emotion, stakes, or drive through that fight. Zoro becoming a King?

Luffy was fighting for the hopes of Wano and a coming of old legends.
Sanji was fighting himself, his family, and had an emotional existential crisis to overcome.

Zoro vs King was ..? What WAS the point of having him take King aside from 2nd?

Animators who work on the anime probably get sick of just action, people want to make masterpieces and effect watchers emotionally, be a part of the history. Not just draw fight scenes because they're in the material.

It's noticeable how much more people are more excited for Sanji's fight than Zoro's tho

Zoro just awakened CoC coating and i barely saw people talking about it.

I thought Ifrit Jambe was a mid and meaningless power up, according to some people :suresure:

anime King is just sad
King's whole character was sad.

Oda introduced a god race that garnered mystery, told us bare basics, just enough to make you want more but not get it, then had Zoro figure out his weakness and beat him. No emotional stakes for the fight, no mysteries slowly revealed, no motivation behind the antagonist aside from blind support.

That makes the fight not one interesting enough for animation.

If you ask me, King was simply added to hype up the Lunarian Seraph later, and Zoro fighting him to give the heroes the weakness.

King's whole character was sad.

Oda introduced a god race that garnered mystery, told us bare basics, just enough to make you want more but not get it, then had Zoro figure out his weakness and beat him. No emotional stakes for the fight, no mysteries slowly revealed, no motivation behind the antagonist aside from blind support.

That makes the fight not one interesting enough for animation.

If you ask me, King was simply added to hype of the Lunarian Seraph later, and Zoro fighting him to give the heroes the weakness.
Queen really gave life to the Beast Pirates

Good times when everyone loved and wanked Queen, moments before he started fighting Sanji (surprising a total of 0 people :kobeha:)