General & Others The Whitebeard pirates never knew Wano was Kaido’s territory for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a recurring theme in one piece. During Ace's execution, both Ray and Shanks chose to stay out of the fuckin war to save their Captain's son. Only Buggy bothered to go and try save Roger's son. It's despicable to be honest. Now we learn both Roger pirates and WB pirates did nothing to at least avenge Oden after Kaido did him in. I don't buy the nonsense that no information ever got out.

Oda's writing aside

- His assistant and editord, what the fuck they are doing besides being fanboy around Oda's work?
Has anyone questioned Oda's logic in his work for the past 10 years asking him if "this is right?" And consistent with story?

Or are they just sheep? And only cheer and fanboy? Or is Oda the type of guy who fires the assistant who get skiptical about certain chapters writing and plots???

I just wanna know... cause it feels like those complaints come across the avarage guy, yet Oda didn't make an account for?

Is no body asking Oda these questions?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Oda's writing aside

- His assistant and editord, what the fuck they are doing besides being fanboy around Oda's work?
Has anyone questioned Oda's logic in his work for the past 10 years asking him if "this is right?" And consistent with story?

Or are they just sheep? And only cheer and fanboy? Or is Oda the type of guy who fires the assistant who get skiptical about certain chapters writing and plots???

I just wanna know... cause it feels like those complaints come across the avarage guy, yet Oda didn't make an account for?

Is no body asking Oda these questions?
His editors probably came to him via Shueisha's recommendation which equals protecting One Piece from losing child money supports + they are responsible for Robin being useless post-TS.

As I say time and time again Oda needs to realize that his fans grew and we will not enjoy nakama power to beat a f'ing Yonko.

But to your question no they probably don't complain about his childish transitions chapter. I bet they never told him that Zoro getting lost and Sanji being a womanizer ain't funny anymore after 20 years. The only thing they do is protecting child support and probably stepping in when Oda tries to give a woman an important role in the arc.
Post automatically merged:

This could be solved by simply making the Whitebeard pirates the Emperor crew with the worst information network.

:few:
No. This could be solved by simply using 20 years prophecy sh*t and Izo telling WB about this so we could believe that if MF didn't happen Whitebeard would sail for the last time to fight on Wano this is what I could potentially believe more than stupid hmm we didn't knew we thought the fact that Kaido gained Yonko status has nothing to do with beating Oden and taking over his country:kayneshrug:

Marco's words doesn't imply that they didn't know Kaido was in control of Wano. All it implies is that they didn't know the situation was THAT BAD. We already know that for the most part Yonko's stayed out of eachothers business, outside of small territorial clashes here and there. They don't go to full on war with eachother, because the result would end in both of their downfalls. Whichever side comes out on top, would be so heavily injured, they'd be a prime target for another Yonko or the Marines to swoop in and finish them off. So they keep to themselves for the most part, and don't get involved in eachothers affairs. Wano is so closed off, that it is not surprising that word never reached the outside World as to what was going on there, and the Whitebeard Pirates weren't going to go to Wano because it's Kaido's homebase of operations, and it would have resulted in an immediate war.

I don't understand why this fanbase acts like the Whitebeard Pirates owes Wano something, and should have been checking up on it regularly just because one of its citizens happened to be a member of their crew for a time. The territory belonged to another Yonko, so Whitebeard left it alone. It's as simple as that.

Why is Whitebeard obligated to check or do anything about Wano?? It's none of his business, even if he knew about Oden's death.

-> Oden left the crew
-> He never cameback and did his own thing.. he was supposed to come back.. but nah he went to Wano instead.. So the whole "WB didn't help his crewmate" crap falls apart here.
-> Whitebeard was building up his armada and such, ain't got time to be worrying about what Oden is potentially doing.
-> If Whitebeard goes to war with Kaido post-Oden's death.. why would he go to war for it, when the war result in the deaths of his sons, for a Nation he has no relations with...

At this point he was on his own, Whitebeard had other things to worry about. Whitebeard went to rescue Ace.. because he was in his crew when it happened. They're pirates, they're not saints bruh lol.

As I say time and time again Oda needs to realize that his fans grew and we will not enjoy nakama power to beat a f'ing Yonko.
Bruh it's funny you mention the Nakama power.. when everybody here crying about "WB didn't save his Nakama BS BRO!! BS!!".. y'all either want Nakama power or don't give a fuck about it.. can't have it both ways bruh.

WB specifically had a bad feeling about it, and told Ace to let it go, true. But once Ace got captured, what happened? WB basically declared War in tha World and tried to fight tha World Government to get one of his sons back. So why would he not fight one man for murdering his lil brother?
Big issue: Ace was part of the crew... Oden was not.. he left and joined the Roger Pirates.. then instead of coming back and even seeing Whitebeard with Roger.. he went straight to Wano.

Oden left the crew, not sure why people are making this out to be lightly, when we have an emphasis on leaving the crew of a pirate as a huge thing.. with Zoro's emphasis on the meaning of somebody leaving the crew.. Then BM getting angry when Jinbei tried to leave hers.

And not sure why people are making Whitebeard out to be this charity worker.. when the dude was a key member of the most evil pirates out there, ROCKS.. lmao.

More than likely he would've found out about the Wano stuff until post-Oden's death, when Kaido actually rose to power. By then, what's the point of Whitebeard going to war with Kaido?
He also didn't go to Marineford to fight the World Government, he went there with the mindset of RESCUE. He never had any intentions of trying to beat them, because he knew he wouldn't be able to.

Last edited:
Don't worry fellas Redditard has an explanation for this:

Even if Whitebeard did know where Kaido was why would he go to Wano?

1. Oden said a million times that if there are any problems in Wano it'll be an internal affair and he didn't want anyone come meddling in his country's affairs.
2. No one outside Wano even knew Oden was dead. Even the marines seemed to think that Oden was still alive when Sengoku and Akainu were talking about him.
3. Why is it such an impossibility to think that Whutebeard didn't know where Kaido was? Whitebeard probably didn't give much of a shit about his fellow yonko's whereabouts because he was damn op so there's not really much of a reason to gather intel on his enemies. If something happens he just beats the shit out of everyone and calls it a day.
4. Ace went to Wano before meeting Whitebeard but it's not like he was obligated to tell Whitebeard anything and it probably just never came up in any conversation.

See it's not plot hole Redditard has already explained it. Now close the thread buddy and wank GOda.
Hopefully someone comes up with a list as to what obligation Whitebeard had to save Wano.

Oden = Dead
Toki = Dead
9 Scabbards = Missing/Presumed Dead

Who was in Wano that Whitebeard cared about enough to want to liberate the country?

Also, for those who say "Whitebeard should have gone after Kaido for revenge"

Whose to say that he didn't. It's literally in Kaido's introduction that he was captured and tortured by at least one Yonko in the past. Out of Whitebeard, Shanks and Big Mom, whose your money on that pulled that one off?

Last edited:
Oden was his family, wasn't he? And you think Whitebeard knew Oden had died so, Whitebeard, who had gone to war against World Government for Ace, wouldn't try to avenge Oden? Whitebeard was such a family man that he fucking forgave Squardo when he stabbed Whitebeard at his chest. Also Oden just went for a voyage with Roger for a year, don't think he left the crew but whatever. Untill this mess gets explained by Oda it's a plothole.
I actually made a second post that merged with my other one addressing that matter. In Kaido's introduction we are told that he was captured and tortured by by the Navy and the other Yonko's. So it's completely plausible that Whitebeard went after Kaido for the death of Oden, captured him, and tortured him.

M

MD Zolo

Hopefully someone comes up with a list as to what obligation Whitebeard had to save Wano.

Oden = Dead
Toki = Dead
9 Scabbards = Missing/Presumed Dead

Who was in Wano that Whitebeard cared about enough to want to liberate the country?

Also, for those who say "Whitebeard should have gone after Kaido for revenge"

Whose to say that he didn't. It's literally in Kaido's introduction that he was captured and tortured by at least one Yonko in the past. Out of Whitebeard, Shanks and Big Mom, whose your money on that pulled that one off?
Marco says that they never knew the situation was this bad. Hence they never knew that Toki is dead, Momo is dead, Hiyori is dead.

Or did they knew that Toki/Momonusuke/Hiyori are dead and still thought situation wasn't that bad? If so, why Marco thinks that situation is that bad now?

Honestly, i better wait for the Viz before going off on this topic.

But one thing is for sure, everything Oda ever wanted to accomplish with the character Oden was an utter failure. This is the reason i despise Oden, not because of his strength, but because what he was supposed to be.

Out of nowhere, Oda pulled out this dude who had connection to all the legendary people we know and love throughout the OP story. He tried to force us into loving Oden as much as we do WB, Roger, Ray, Shanks etc...and look what it turned into.

- Oden hurts Kaido's character and hype
- Oden hurts Rogers's and Rayleigh's character.
- Oden hurts Shanks's character
- He absolutely humiliated WB and his entire PK.

I must applaud Oda for how much damage he managed to do with just one single character, and you know what, it won't stop.

This could be solved by simply making the Whitebeard pirates the Emperor crew with the worst information network.

:few:
No it can't, Cat and Dog got out of wano and Cat in particular has proved he can track down Marco. All they needed to do was go to WBs home island and sooner or later the he was gon show up. To be honest the information lockdown thing is nonsense since even the news of Moriah war with Kaido got out.

WB pirates did nothing to at least avenge Oden
Marco says he knew nothing. Not that they chose not to go

Why is Whitebeard obligated to check or do anything about Wano?? It's none of his business, even if he knew about Oden's death.
The thread isn't about what whitebeard should or shouldn't have done

Its about the actual fact that HE DIDN'T KNOW

Kaido has been in Wano for over 20 year as and kaido has been a Yonkou for over 7 years and Whitebeard had no idea that One of his primary rivals who was even on his former crew was stationed in Wano. Even though Ace had been to Wano and Izo is from there. Literally not even one of the Whitbeard pirates ever wondered where this kaido guy who is a direct enemy of theirs is actually stationed.

Marco's words doesn't imply that they didn't know Kaido was in control of Wano. All it implies is that they didn't know the situation was THAT BAD
You the Whitebeard pirates remember Who oden is, the guy who immeditely clashed wth their captain

And they know who Kaido is, this extreme monster who kills wantonly

And they saw that kaido took over wano

And they were like, "Oh, I guess Oden made a deal with kaido. They are both very reasonable people with similar ideals who very clearly could've worked together for years now creating this underground network of black market goods and weapons of war. Exactly within Oden’s character. No need to even investigate what our former crew mate who we saw fall in love and have and family on our ship is up to. We even know that oden can read poneglyphs and Went to raftel and is now supposedly working with a Yonkou who wants to find one piece. No need to investgate at all"

This was the gist of the Whitebeard pirates meeting right?

Last edited:
Marco's words doesn't imply that they didn't know Kaido was in control of Wano. All it implies is that they didn't know the situation was THAT BAD. We already know that for the most part Yonko's stayed out of eachothers business, outside of small territorial clashes here and there. They don't go to full on war with eachother, because the result would end in both of their downfalls. Whichever side comes out on top, would be so heavily injured, they'd be a prime target for another Yonko or the Marines to swoop in and finish them off. So they keep to themselves for the most part, and don't get involved in eachothers affairs. Wano is so closed off, that it is not surprising that word never reached the outside World as to what was going on there, and the Whitebeard Pirates weren't going to go to Wano because it's Kaido's homebase of operations, and it would have resulted in an immediate war.

I don't understand why this fanbase acts like the Whitebeard Pirates owes Wano something, and should have been checking up on it regularly just because one of its citizens happened to be a member of their crew for a time. The territory belonged to another Yonko, so Whitebeard left it alone. It's as simple as that.
Marco says he knew nothing. Not that they chose not to go

The thread isn't about what whitebeard should or shouldn't have done

Its about the actual fact that HE DIDN'T KNOW

Kaido has been in Wano for over 20 year as and kaido has been a Yonkou for over 7 years and Whitebeard had no idea that One of his primary rivals who was even on his former crew was stationed in Wano. Even though Ace had been to Wano and Izo is from there. Literally not even one of the Whitbeard pirates ever wondered where this kaido guy who is a direct enemy of theirs is actually stationed.

You the Whitebeard pirates remember Who oden is, the guy who immeditely clashed wth their captain

And they know who Kaido is, this extreme monster who kills wantonly

And they saw that kaido took over wano

And they were like, "Oh, I guess Oden made a deal with kaido. They are both very reasonable people with similar ideals who very clearly could've worked together for years now creating this underground network of black market goods and weapons of war. Exactly within Oden’s character. No need to even investigate what our former crew mate who we saw fall in love and have and family on our ship is up to. We even know that oden can read poneglyphs and Went to raftel and is now supposedly working with a Yonkou who wants to find one piece. No need to investgate at all"

This was the gist of the Whitebeard pirates meeting right?
It's shitty writing by Oda to be honest since avenues existed for WB and gang to get that information. Just like it was shitty righting for someone like Ray to sit back and watch Roger's son execution :whitepress:

This is insane. People are still trying to justify that WB should have known Oden had died at the hands of Kaido. People don't want to accept the fact that Wano is an isolated country. Information does not leave its borders. If people want to be mad about WB not avenging Oden's death, which is never implied WB knew of, then Shanks should be excoriated too.

Brago asked the same question in his stream and everybody were silent, that awkward silence showed how scared people are to criticize Oda and in general no one in that stream were happy with this chapter and Wano arc itself. While I do believe that we should wait little bit to make a conclusion (since I think that Marco was talking about the raid itself rather than Wano country) maybe the official translation will clarify it, but, stop blaming the Editors for Oda's mistakes, it's Oda who writes the plot and not the editors Oda is responsible for ruining one piece and you shouldn't blame it on editors. It's time to accept the reality, one piece is done and there's nothing that can save it at this point, the damage is to big and the point of no return is crossed, people are quiting one piece from popular Youtubers to regular fans. For me it was Big Mom's amnesia when I realized that one piece is done, I'm still reading one piece just cuz I wanna find out how it will end, I'm not as active in the community as I was before and nether I'm as excited for new chapters as I was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.