Chapter Discussion This chapter proved Shanks is not a "true" swordsman

I hope that one day Shanks fans look inside themselves and realize the amount of mental gymnastics they perform on a daily basis to justify their headcanon

Like really think about it

“He uses a sword but isn’t a swordsman”

“He may have another fighting style”

“He’s a hakiman”

“He doesn’t cut so he isn’t a swordsman”

“I know he’s used a sword for literally every attack or clash but we don’t know enough about him”

“Mihawk is the more skilled swordsman but he’s still stronger”

Y’all are doing backflips and somersaults through hoops at this point

Wake up

Shanks doesn’t suddenly become a worse character because he’s weaker than Mihawk
The reverse is also true..
Shanks loses absolutely nothing if he is weaker than Mihawk, it changes not his character, nor his plot.

If Mihawk is not the actual WSS his character is thrashed, his plot meaningless, Zoro dream and trajectory a lie. A fraud.

These two panels are one page apart so I don't know how you can miss it.
You can even see extra cracks that were created on the front face that weren't there before, those cracks imply the metal is being smashed.

If you wanna make the argument that ANYONE who makes shockwaves is not a swordsman, that's you.
Shanks so far, has not displayed any form of "swordsmanship", since he has yet to even cut metal.
This being his first attack and feat, and it doesn't actually has him cleanly slicing metal means something.
When a cannon is cut in half , you know what happens right ? IT EXPLODES
What happens when Zoro cuts cannon balls ? THEY EXPLODE

When a cannon is cut in half , you know what happens right ? IT EXPLODES
What happens when Zoro cuts cannon balls ? THEY EXPLODE
Moreover, Mihawk's epithet is "WSS" = world's strongest swordsman = the strongest among all swordsmen.

The epithet is not "the strongest only among the people who have been shown to use a sword to cut and not to make things explode"

Yeah, he was.

Kaido has no need to mention it. His words already put Roger at peak in general anyway.

It doesn't matter who you compare him to. Swordsmen. Marksmen. Brawlers. Roger's prowess were simply the peak, only one being comparable Whitebeard (who IS referred to as WSM btw). Roger is considered widely to be strongest pirate to liver live, equal to World's Strongest MAN in general. Why the fuck do we care for his sub-categories like WSS?

Your logic is same as trying to say, "Why is Mihawk stated to be WSS instead of World's Strongest Long Sword using swordsman. Does that mean Mihawk is WSS while someone else is World's Strongest Long Sword using swordsman?"

No dude. He's both. The former is just far more important and relevant than the latter. Why the fuck would anyone talk about him being strongest long sword user when he's just strongest swordsman of all types in general?

And it's not OUR logic that WSS = one who wins vs any other swordsman. It is ZORO'S and ODA'S. We're just quoting them.

It's not me saying EoS Zoro will surpass Shanks, it is literally Vivre Card.

What do you want Kaido to mention anyway? He's simply talking about how Haki is the most important power, which it is. It is most important to everyone. To marksmen, to brawlers, to swordsmen. So what's the catch there?
I dont believe you said Kaidou and the whole world citizen doesnt need to mention that Roger was WSS and try to present made-up possibilities of Roger's past history to state he was both PK and WSS at the same time, directly trying to contradict what the story has. Kaidou is both WSC and WS Pirate, he is also embodiment of brutal force etc etc the story said all that, but he is not the strongest club user or kanabo user, since the story doesn't say any of that. If there is world strongest club user (WSCU), Kaidou is not him but he is overall stronger than him due to his devil fruit + haki whatever.

This is why your argument is dishonest, since you use assumption essays to try to circle around simple facts like that Roger was simply not WSS, just to force your own assumption of WSS = strongest haki. Well thats not objective to what the manga has shown us, be it the history, the nature of strength titles that have been shown (Roger was not WSS, Kaidou was not WSCU, WB was not world strongest bisento user, Mihawk is better than Shanks in sword skill specifically).

You're just like your boy Kidd. Shameless and never tried of taking Ls after Ls, always coming back talking mad retarded shit

SwOrdS clAnK tOgEthEr

ShAnKs bM eXtReMe dIfF

sAnjI pArAlLeL rAylEigH

MuH hAkI sHoOtiNg sWoRd

Lmao.

And I was right about all of them :gokulaugh:

ZKK squadron and your ridiculous estimates, it seems like you are in a position to point the finger at me

I dont believe you said Kaidou and the whole world citizen doesnt need to mention that Roger was WSS and try to present made-up possibilities of Roger's past history to state he was both PK and WSS at the same time, directly trying to contradict what the story has. Kaidou is both WSC and WS Pirate, he is also embodiment of brutal force etc etc the story said all that, but he is not the strongest club user or kanabo user, since the story doesn't say any of that. If there is world strongest club user (WSCU), Kaidou is not him but he is overall stronger than him due to his devil fruit + haki whatever.
Just like no one ever called Mihawk WS long sword user.

Or how Kaido was never called WSM or WS DF user.

Sub categorizing when it's not narratively important is bad. Specially when sub category is far less important.

Point is Roger was strongest swordsman by virtue of being able to 1v1 any other swordsman. Because that's the requirement given to us by Zoro

just to force your own assumption of WSS = strongest haki.
Are you serious? I've said that no one is claiming that for 10 posts now but you keep saying this shit. Learn to read.

It doesn't matter if WSS has strongest haki or not. Just that overall, all things considered all the way from speed to haki, the WSS beats up other canonical swordsmen in 1 vs 1 as per its description by one of the MC who wants to become one.

Last edited:
And I was right about all of them :gokulaugh:

ZKK squadron and your ridiculous estimates, it seems like you are in a position to point the finger at me
Legit admitted to L in text regarding retarded take of Zoro smashing his swords together, but right about it? lol

Certain Zoro fans might have insane take but you're legit local forum clown with yours, mate.
What kind of retards comes up with, "No they're not clashing, Zoro is randomly hitting his swords together", "muh blade release haki bar bullets". Sees a Rayleigh hype chapter, tries to force mirror with Sanji only to get told no by everyone of every other fanbase lmao.

i dont know what shanks fans is smoking. haki is like an enhancer. acoc enhance your ap. observation haki enhance your evading skillsnspeed and accuracy. it enhance your fighting style. the closest thing to hakiman is garp but garp is also a brawler. brawler also a fighting style too. i would consider shanks a swordman until he showed up haki susanoo or haki domain expansion.

Last edited:
Zoro v Monet.
A perfect vertical slash, cleanly cuts her in two.
Perfect Slash.

Zoro v Pica
Perfectly and cleanly cuts through a mountain horizontally.
Perfect Slash.

Mihawk in Marineford.
Cleanly slices a giant iceberg in two, not one single crack in an entire mountain.
Perfect Slash.

Shanks v Kid
Chunks and pieces of broken metal flying all over.
Visible cracks and destruction on the metal structure.
Metal is bent and crumbled.
Not a perfect slash, more closely related to smashing something with a sword.

not a perfect cut
not a perfct cut
and not a perfect cut

is Zoro a true swordsman ?

Just like no one ever called Mihawk WS long sword user.

Or how Kaido was never called WSM or WS DF user.

Sub categorizing when it's not narratively important is bad. Specially when sub category is far less important.

Point is Roger was strongest swordsman by virtue of being able to 1v1 any other swordsman. Because that's the requirement given to us by Zoro

Are you serious? I've said that no one is claiming that for 10 posts now but you keep saying this shit. Learn to read.

It doesn't matter if WSS has strongest haki or not. Just that overall, all things considered all the way from speed to haki, the WSS beats up other canonical swordsmen in 1 vs 1 as per its description by one of the MC who wants to become one.
If no one is claiming that WSS must have strongest haki, what are you arguing right now? I've shown to you panels showing that weaker swordsman can have stronger haki than WSS, portrayed by Roger (peak powerlevel but no one mention of him being WSS at all) or Kaidou's recognition to Shanks but not to Mihawk. Just like Kaidou the WSC not being claimed the strongest man since he is not men but Oni whatever, or he is not the WS DF user he is not as good with his DF, but all things considered / accumulated he is still WSC even without being WS DF user etc. So if you say that dont argue that WSS always have strongest haki, why you keep defending that point despite Roger not being WSS?
Post automatically merged:

Feel like lm the only Shanks nutter that knows Shanks is a swordman lol
What? Since the start, Shanks is a swordsman, i dont see how he's not a swordsman...

Last edited: