General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

So Luffy just assume that Nami alone can take on an army when he gets defeated? Imagine they killed Nami rather than pointlessly capturing them only for them to escape? You have to admit he’s write lol they survived because plot demanded it.
Nami is responsible for herself. Just as Luffy is responsible for himself. They knew the risks involved when they set sail for WCI.

One piece has a great variety of characters and the side characters seem more interesting that the SHC. But for the same reparative bullshit of the Crew we get not enough of the Marines, Revolutionaries etc. Major plot points get off screened for the sake of seeing Luffy doing the same bullshit as always. The lack of character progression is in my opinion the biggest weak-point of One piece. Luffy doesn’t mature at all and it seems that luck is carrying him through the New World.

Luffy is an idiot, thats nothing new.

Sanji is at fault for going to such a place in the first place tho.
:sanmoji:
Not really the point of what we were talking about, might as well just say it’s Oda fault for writing the manga in the first place.

You can’t argue about the story but in general but you do have to wonder about the way the characters act sometimes. Sanji had no choice in the matter and you know that.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Not really the point of what we were talking about, might as well just say it’s Oda fault for writing the manga in the first place.

You can’t argue about the story but in general but you do have to wonder about the way the characters act sometimes. Sanji had no choice in the matter and you know that.
Nah.
Real person at fault is Oda's mom for giving birth to him in the first place. :kata:

Nah.
Real person at fault is Oda's mom for giving birth to him in the first place. :kata:
I was gonna say that but I didn’t wanna dive too deep, I don’t know nothing about Oda’s parents 😂

I mean I know I’m going to hell but let’s not make it any worse than we have too :akaman:
Post automatically merged:

Monster Chopper is already as powerful as Vergo.

Mark my words fellas, this is not a joke.
L O L

Sentomaru was right all along. Since the ancient times of Sabaody he saw a lot of potential in Chopper and was genuinely dazzled about his power ~ now he took a training and learnt how to control that power too and swiftly.
Sentomaru was rocking advanced armament back in Sabody, it would’ve taken him barely a minute to snap Choppers deer ankles.

Pre timeskip monster point was beastly, now it’s become a gag. All Chopper uses is kung fu point. We hardly even see heavy point, his best form.
Chopper is ass imo

Sentomaru was rocking advanced armament back in Sabody, it would’ve taken him barely a minute to snap Choppers deer ankles.

Pre timeskip monster point was beastly, now it’s become a gag. All Chopper uses is kung fu point. We hardly even see heavy point, his best form.
Chopper is ass imo
Never underestimate the potency of a nakama man. Even Usopp is meant to surpass his own father one day, and he ain't wholly fodder ~

I don't find Boa Hancock's backstory to make her present self sympathetic and her hatred of men is still nothing but irrationnal given that countless men were slaves of the Celestial Dragons too and suffered the same things that she and her sisters went through, that the Celestial Dragons are not just men and that there many women and girls amongst them who are just as cruel and sadistic as the other CD and that many former slaves did not come to all of humans or men because of the CD and acknowledge that they don't represent all of mankind despite having suffered as much as her.

Not counting how she was saved and helped by Fisher Tiger and Rayleigh.

I don't find Boa Hancock's backstory to make her present self sympathetic and her hatred of men is still nothing but irrationnal given that countless men were slaves of the Celestial Dragons too and suffered the same things that she and her sisters went through, that the Celestial Dragons are not just men and that there many women and girls amongst them who are just as cruel and sadistic as the other CD and that many former slaves did not come to all of humans or men because of the CD and acknowledge that they don't represent all of mankind despite having suffered as much as her.

Not counting how she was saved and helped by Fisher Tiger and Rayleigh.
Her hatred of Men was only strengthened by that event. But it's origin is just Amazon culture where they are taught to distrust men

[It's an answer to a thread now gone, but damn, I put some effort into it while at work, may as well post it here!]

If you think the rivalry between Sanji and Zoro is over, you're in for a rude awakening. Sanji's being severly misused by Oda sure, and he seems to be more in step with Jinbe than Zoro nowadays. But Jinbe has tangled with Big Mom and came back unscathed. Several times and while he stood no chance of defeating her, his showings were great for his weight-class, so to speak.

But it's obvious that Sanji'll still be compared to Zoro and while his feats will be inferiors he won't be treated in-universe as weaker than Zoro, simply misregarded by the Marines and the other pirates. We will know that he is weaker - and it hurts me to say it because it shows how even one of the most prominent SH was misused by Oda since the TS - but the crew won't be showing more reverence to Zoro or say "Sanji's weaker than Zoro", that's for sure.

Oda's treatment of Sanji does give credence to the rumor than he doesn't really like the character however, but out of all the SH who aren't Luffy and Zoro, he's still gotten the most screen-time. Most of it wasn't great, I can say this even as a Sanji fan, but still it's something. I mean, Robin, Chopper, Nami and even Usopp haven't got great showings since... since Thriller Bark? Perhaps even Enies Lobby to some. That's ancient by now.

Chapter 1001 also confirmed low key that Zoro's current strength is greatly enhanced by Enma itself, like Sanji's feats are improved by his Raid Suit, making it far more of a straight-up power-up/power booster than some thought it was. It doesn't belittle his feat or the place he's at, but it shows that it isn't just because he's naturally stronger than Sanji.

Also, am I the only one who find it strange that Luffy and co are already fighting Kaido and Big Mom while the rest of the SH seems to either be already defeated (Usopp and Nami), absent (Brook and Robin) or useless (Franky and Chopper haven't shone at all since the start of the raid...) ?

Also, am I the only one who find it strange that Luffy and co are already fighting Kaido and Big Mom while the rest of the SH seems to either be already defeated (Usopp and Nami), absent (Brook and Robin) or useless (Franky and Chopper haven't shone at all since the start of the raid...) ?
Honestly Oda fucked up the Strawhats in General. For all the shit People give to Fishman Island, the Strawhats at least weren't Portrayed as people who need to be protected by Luffy and Zoro

It's why I still say that Robin should have defeated either Diamante or Trebol and Franky should have defeated Pink Machvise and Dellinger at the same time.

And The Brook Vs Sheepshead fight should have lasted longer and without Sanji interfering

And Sanji himself should have defeated Snack in WCI while Brook defeats Amande

Imagine if Oda did that instead of the insane Luffy focus that has been going on since Dressrossa

Honestly Oda fucked up the Strawhats in General. For all the shit People give to Fishman Island, the Strawhats at least weren't Portrayed as people who need to be protected by Luffy and Zoro

It's why I still say that Robin should have defeated either Diamante or Trebol and Franky should have defeated Pink Machvise and Dellinger at the same time.

And The Brook Vs Sheepshead fight should have lasted longer and without Sanji interfering

Imagine if Oda did that instead of the insane Luffy focus that has been going on since Dressrossa
To be honest, I find that Oda failed big time with the Gifters and even more so the Headliners. All those guys are jokes, there is litteraly not one of them worth shit, they are glorified fodder, yet it seems that most SH are at best able to handle those. Basically, only Luffy, Zoro, Jinbe and Sanji seems able to deal with them easily, even Franky, Robin and Brook don't have great feats against them, which sucks.

I love Law but since adding him to the story, the spotlight has been shifted from the SHs(- Luffy & Zoro) to him, then the Grand Fleet, then to Bege, then to Scabbards and now back to Law with Kidd. It's great Oda wants to expand the New World but I don't like the SHs playing background characters.

Oda showing Sanji kindness by stopping BM rampage from killing innocent people sounds good on paper, but at the end of the day it's a battle manga and fights are what people want to see. There hasn't been of any good feats from the SHs except Luffy and Zoro.

I love Law but since adding him to the story, the spotlight has been shifted from the SHs(- Luffy & Zoro) to him, then the Grand Fleet, then to Bege, then to Scabbards and now back to Law with Kidd. It's great Oda wants to expand the New World but I don't like the SHs playing background characters.

Oda showing Sanji kindness by stopping BM rampage from killing innocent people sounds good on paper, but at the end of the day it's a battle manga and fights are what people want to see. There hasn't been of any good feats from the SHs except Luffy and Zoro.
Honestly, I like this idea, but I feel he botched the execution. Sanji basically put Big Mom back on track with his cake and except if it somehow allow her to be put out of the fight thanks to him asking her about how she liked the cake, it hasnt really impacted the world in a great way.

Meanwhile, he keeps hyping Zoro, too much at times, but it makes him feel important for the whole story.