General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

And it will be stopped by four ancient giants, after freeing them, and retrieving four ancient magic masks to stop the evil mask that caused this disaster.
LMAO, 10/10 reference! Majora's Mask was such a hell of a game....

@Sentinel

:milaugh::gokulaugh::funky:
Majora's Mask is the most disturbing but best Zelda game of the entire series for a reason after all. The quest with the aliens still haunts me today. :suresure:

Majora's Mask is the most disturbing but best Zelda game of the entire series for a reason after all. The quest with the aliens still haunts me today. :suresure:
Oh yeah that legit terrified the fuck out of me! The Mask transformation screams, that one underwater eel cave area, Gyorg and the alien quest dear god, the first time I did that quest, I was too scared to return to the farm again lmao.

And then we had the most terrifying moon ever staring at us the whole game too ofc!

Oh look what I found too LMAO!:

:risitameh::saden:

We NEED this though!:

Or even this:

@Buusatan94 @Kizaruber Eats @Sir Yasheen

You know what's one of the best parts of Majora's Mask in my opinion? It is the fact how you enter the gate to another parallel world. You chase the Skull Kid to get your Ocarina of Time and Epona back, through the lost woods, then you enter the inside of a huge tree, fall to the abyss, the Skull Kid transforms you into a deku but that's the fun part: Each corridoor, which you're traversing trying to catch the Skull Kid, feels like magic until you reach the last one where the entire space somehow distorts. Then you are in the inside of the clock tower.

The entire introduction how you slowly entered to a parallel world, is definitely one of the most iconic parallel world entries in fiction. Every second of the early playthrought just felt like pure magic.

You know what's one of the best parts of Majora's Mask in my opinion? It is the fact how you enter the gate to another parallel world. You chase the Skull Kid to get your Ocarina of Time and Epona back, through the lost woods, then you enter the inside of a huge tree, fall to the abyss, the Skull Kid transforms you into a deku but that's the fun part: Each corridoor, which you're traversing trying to catch the Skull Kid, feels like magic until you reach the last one where the entire space somehow distorts. Then you are in the inside of the clock tower.

The entire introduction how you slowly entered to a parallel world, is definitely one of the most iconic parallel world entries in fiction. Every second of the early playthrought just felt like pure magic.

There's also the horror feeling, with Majora being a genuinely disturbing antagonist whose insanity, erraticness and dangerosity are real and grow as the game lasts, with it starting with bad and annoying but relatively harmless pranks to end up causing real calamities and then threaten to destroy all of Termina.

This fan film really captures the creepiness excellently

You know what's one of the best parts of Majora's Mask in my opinion? It is the fact how you enter the gate to another parallel world. You chase the Skull Kid to get your Ocarina of Time and Epona back, through the lost woods, then you enter the inside of a huge tree, fall to the abyss, the Skull Kid transforms you into a deku but that's the fun part: Each corridoor, which you're traversing, feels like magic until you reach the last one where the entire space somehow distorts. Then you are in the inside of the clock tower.

Yeah thats absolutely true! It really felt like a magical, fantastical, ethereal and dare I even say an "Isekai experience"? Lololol!

It worked as a really unique tutorial for both new and old players of Zelda and to give us a bold, new, exciting, compelling, mysterious way to start the game. Nintendo were are their most experimental and boldest, most edgiest with that game, although Twilight Princess was kind of nice in that regard too.

The Stone Tower temple was such a mindfuck too and the entire game was such a tour de force of psychological horror, it almost feels like a precursor to the amazing Eternal Darkness game in a way! Or Silent Hill mixed with Zelda lol.

All the different masks you got and their abilities, I loved that SO MUCH and how the moon dungeon made use of each of the 4 main races' masks for their own unique obstacle ordeals too. Feels like a full circle (or sphere even, a moon shape too naturally) back to the beginning of the game that you just mentioned too ofc.

If it wasnt for the 3 day timer and having to rewind time constantly and even slow it down too (if you didnt slow it down, you had to rewind time way more often and do everything much quicker, more hurried ofc), I would have spent far more time in that game just exploring and taking in the amazing atmosphere, the far more interesting characters and the deep, nuanced and even intertwining side stories.

Majoras Mask came out so soon after Ocarina of Time and yet it was so refreshing, so full of unique content and an amazing new world, that was a terrifying, fascinating, tragic, morbidly beautiful subversion of the world of Termina and it spawned hundreds of theories that are still going to this day too.
The Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask era was something else, they were defining eras, unforgettable, character building experiences.

It's also something One Piece really lacks, genuinely terrifying and disturbing villains that make the story tense and gives a real impression of mortal danger for the protagonists.

Other than Majora, another villain who did that was Orochimaru, I will never forget the first time I saw him in a Naruto episode, where he's disguised as a woman and with the skin coming off and his creepy snake eyes, and how he was able of terrorizing even Sasuke and of trashing Naruto and then Sasuke with ease.

The only One Piece villains who come close to this are Baron Omatsuri and Lily Carnation from the sixth movie, which is my favorite OP movie justly due to how dark, serious and horrifying it is.

There's also the horror feeling, with Majora being a genuinely disturbing antagonist whose insanity, erraticness and dangerosity are real and grow as the game lasts, with it starting with bad and annoying but relatively harmless pranks to end up causing real calamities and then threaten to destroy all of Termina.

This fan film really captures the creepiness excellently
Perfectly said man! Majoras design, "voice acting" and sound design, writing etc were phenomenal, the most terrifying and disturbing Zelda villain and character easily! The final fight with it lives rent free in my head even now. Getting to use Fierce Deity vs it was the most catharthic experience ever at the time too!

Tobi kinda reminds me of Majora and its crazy how Majora took the mind of an innocent, tortured, lonely child and turned them into a genocidal, apocalyptical level threat and Majora has been around for centuries was it? It feels like the embodiment of chaos and maybe wrath/destruction and thus something that can not truly die, something lovecraftian, cosmic, beyond this world and thus physical realm and life and death?

In fact I was gonna make a joke about Madara and Majora but it feels too fitting a comparison in some ways with the last line you mention about causing real calamities and trying to destroy all of Termina, which he almost suceeds in twice and does suceed if time runs out ofc.
I still cant believe a Zelda and thus Nintendo game had mass genocide and destruction and showed an entire town being destroyed like that, that shit traumatised me a little lmao. I was a kid at the time when it came out tbf!
Post automatically merged:

It's also something One Piece really lacks, genuinely terrifying and disturbing villains that make the story tense and gives a real impression of mortal danger for the protagonists.

Other than Majora, another villain who did that was Orochimaru, I will never forget the first time I saw him in a Naruto episode, where he's disguised as a woman and with the skin coming off and his creepy snake eyes, and how he was able of terrorizing even Sasuke and of trashing Naruto and then Sasuke with ease.

The only One Piece villains who come close to this are Baron Omatsuri and Lily Carnation from the sixth movie, which is my favorite OP movie justly due to how dark, serious and horrifying it is.
Baron Omatsuri looks absolutely insane, the more I hear and see about it, the more incredible it looks, I need to stop being lazy and check it out! One Piece movie villains are something ELSE entirely! Zephyr my goat....

Orochimaru was so fucking insane too, absolutely unforgettable. The amount of INSANE psychological warfare from him, like a ninja version of Aizen mixed with Michael Jackson and a serious snake fetish lmfao. That scene you mentioned of him as a woman and the skin peeling off made me think of Paprika too, although I've not seen it.

In fact the latest The Boys episode had something similar, someone peeling their skin to shapeshift and it was fucking gruesome and horrific!

I expected Wano to be like the Baron Omatsuri movie in terms of tone and psychological horror and there were absolutely horrifying moments in Wano psychologically, some of it very subtle and easy to miss depending but tonally Wano was all over the place and had the worst ending I've ever seen to a story arc too.

We'll never get an arc like that in One Piece. The Gorosei were the perfect opportunity for this kind of thing and Oda baited us multiple times with Saturns true form, Saturn blowing heads up like hes a certain Supe from The Boys and paralysing people, then Saturn summoning the other Gorosei in their demonic forms too but alas....Oda dropped the ball so hard there, it went through the Earth to the actual core of it. And he also dropped it unlike dropping Onigashima like he was supposed to, sigh.

Last edited:
I would have loved to see the Straw Hats, and Robin in particular, to meet the Gorosei under different circumstances, not immediatly with a fight.

I would have loved to see a scene where Robin is brought before the Gorosei and where she recognise the voice of the men who talked to Dr Clover right before the Buster Call of Ohara, and confront them over their order to destroy her homeland and millenias worth of history, as well as the orther atrocities commited by the World Government, and where they defend their actions and bring up some good points to justify their actions, while glossing over their and the Celestial Dragons monstrous actions before any physical confrontation.

I would have loved to see the Straw Hats, and Robin in particular, to meet the Gorosei under different circumstances, not immediatly with a fight.

I would have loved to see a scene where Robin is brought before the Gorosei and where she recognise the voice of the men who talked to Dr Clover right before the Buster Call of Ohara, and confront them over their order to destroy her homeland and millenias worth of history, as well as the orther atrocities commited by the World Government, and where they defend their actions and bring up some good points to justify their actions, while glossing over their and the Celestial Dragons monstrous actions before any physical confrontation.
Looking back I am glad Kizaru wasn't the main fight, it would have been lame and pathetic for SHs.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
The reason and a way for how Lunarian went extinct is explained through Vegapunk's Mother Flame.
Mother Flame is a breakthrough that is a result of experiments with King's DNA and achieves at the same time Seraphims are.
Uranus spends the Lunarian flame when fired and that is perhaps how Lunarians went extinct.

Ancient Kingdom achieved technology that would consume Lunarian flames or Uranus was designed to be fueled by Eternal flame aka awakened Mera no Mi user but World Government who didn't know this has used Lunarians as fuel for Uranus and killed 200 Lunarians according to 200m sea rise... Lunarians are immune to natural powers but technology isn't natural so it could be that Uranus is how they were exterminated because it consumes their flames and makes them vulnerable...

@Roo and @Rej are right about the haters reading one piece. If you don't fucking like the manga don't read it then. You fucking losers are here on a forum trying to tell the author what's best for his story??? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?? You call him lolda but you still read his manga??
"The definition of insanity is doing something over and over and over and over and over again expecting a different result"
If you don't like the current state of the manga go write your own manga or story
So what if oda decides he wants to start focusing on Luffy more and more?? It's his story not yours. Stop fucking crying because oda is not focusing on your favorite. The story is about Luffy not Nami not chopper not ussop not Sanji not Zoro. Stop bitching. And it's always the fucking Zoro nerds who cry "lolda" because oda doesn't focus on sword boy. Guess what oda ain't focusing on Robin to or ussop or chopper. You don't see their fans repeated crying. They accepted their fate as side character fans

Rej

This forum is retarded.
@Roo and @Rej are right about the haters reading one piece. If you don't fucking like the manga don't read it then. You fucking losers are here on a forum trying to tell the author what's best for his story??? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?? You call him lolda but you still read his manga??
"The definition of insanity is doing something over and over and over and over and over again expecting a different result"
If you don't like the current state of the manga go write your own manga or story
So what if oda decides he wants to start focusing on Luffy more and more?? It's his story not yours. Stop fucking crying because oda is not focusing on your favorite. The story is about Luffy not Nami not chopper not ussop not Sanji not Zoro. Stop bitching. And it's always the fucking Zoro nerds who cry "lolda" because oda doesn't focus on sword boy. Guess what oda ain't focusing on Robin to or ussop or chopper. You don't see their fans repeated crying. They accepted their fate as side character fans

appreciate the plug