General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Answer my question above. Explain how Luffy did those things simply by changing his mindset
Change in mindset doesn't magically change your physical stats. It's just that he tried harder because he's determined. If it was truly something beyond his physical limitations, he wouldn't have pulled it off even with a change in mindset. Nonetheless, the fact remains that it was a feat of Luffy's physical strength.

Unpopular opinion: Sabo will be able to match an admiral for real once he will learn advanced haki and master his Mera. Sadly Akainu will still be out of his reach for multiple factors.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Oda never retconned Marineford Crocodile’s power level. In fact if anything, Croc got a tad weaker after sitting in Impel Down doing nothing for 2 months.

Alabasta Croc was 100% capable of Marineford Croc’s feats.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Oda has a build up-to-reward problem. A lot of times Oda will give a shit ton of build up to a certain reveal or scene only for it to be completely underwhelming. There is also the problem of doing something big only to off panel it, with fodder control being what we see instead.

The bug payoff at the end is always good, but the build up and showdowns along the way is what usually falls flat.

The 9 Red Scabbards are the most bland and forgettable group of allies in the series. I legitimately forgot Raizou and Kiku even existed. Even Galley-La at least had Paulie (who’s a better character than all these guys put together).

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
My problem with Enma is that it was just gifted to him and he didn't earn like with Shusui
That's one of my issues with it as well. Even the set up sounds cooler.

-Zoro fights a life or death battle against the remains of a legendary swordsman in order to gain his blade
-Some girl just hands him this super powerful sword out of nowhere

Another is how hand waved Shusui was. We're told what a big deal Shusui is in Wano, and it's just resolved in the flimsiest, most contrived way.

That's one of my issues with it as well. Even the set up sounds cooler.

-Zoro fights a life or death battle against the remains of a legendary swordsman in order to gain his blade
-Some girl just hands him this super powerful sword out of nowhere

Another is how hand waved Shusui was. We're told what a big deal Shusui is in Wano, and it's just resolved in the flimsiest, most contrived way.
Yeah Shusui was hyped all to heck but then it's taken away because it's national treasure. Also the girl (who is a freakin' clone of her mother) says this sword is much better and I will give it to so we can our national treasure back. Zoro meanwhile doesn't blink an eye about giving this powerful well earned sword away. Feels a bit out of character for him. But that could be Oda just rushing through Wano cause man we need to give him that sweet sweet power up.
Post automatically merged:

The 9 Red Scabbards are the most bland and forgettable group of allies in the series. I legitimately forgot Raizou and Kiku even existed. Even Galley-La at least had Paulie (who’s a better character than all these guys put together).
I agree and feel no emotional connection with them because they were kind of thrust on us and in a way we're forced to care but I really feel nothing towards them

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Yeah Shusui was hyped all to heck but then it's taken away because it's national treasure. Also the girl (who is a freakin' clone of her mother) says this sword is much better and I will give it to so we can our national treasure back. Zoro meanwhile doesn't blink an eye about giving this powerful well earned sword away. Feels a bit out of character for him. But that could be Oda just rushing through Wano cause man we need to give him that sweet sweet power up.
Yeah. It feels sort of disrespectful to his fight with Ryuma to just give away the sword he earned just for a shiny new one. And we know he only gave Shusui away because of the new, strong sword.