General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

I’m highly unimpressed with the recent portrayal of Kin’emon as a phony. He’s been sold to us for years as a master strategist, always contemplative and considerate of all the finer details, but now his facade is crumbling and he’s shown as a fool with great luck. We already have enough characters who fall ass backwards into successfully completing a plan, it would have been nice for an intelligent guy to actually be serious about this presumptive suicide mission.
Really? Master strategist? The same guy who:

- Is as perverted as Sanji
- Wanted to dress Nami naked basically at Dressrosa as a disguise
- Had made a pretty poor disguise as Doflamingo
- Found Kanjuro purely by luck

That same Kinemon? Yes, he hid it very well that Momo wasn't his son after all, and did a great job trying to recruit other samurai, but I don't think was portrayed as a master strategist at all. He's always been an idiot

That same Kinemon? Yes, he hid it very well that Momo wasn't his son after all, and did a great job trying to recruit other samurai, but I don't think was portrayed as a master strategist at all. He's always been an idiot
Its more like he has his Goofy side to him. He can plan but even a great strategist can be outplayed. He made plans but he got outsmarted but by luck it's also helped a bit.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Perversion doesn’t preclude someone from being a good strategist, I don’t know what you’re trying to say with that...his shitty disguises also have more to do with his level of mastery over his DF than his ability to create workable plans.

I’m saying that, despite his goofiness (find me a character in this series who’s in a position of power and HASN’T provided at least one dumb face fault), he’s been treated like a guy with a clear vision and the means to follow it...but the last few chapters, he’s really been showing his ass and acting like a bigger dipshit than before. Considering where we are in the arc, it feels unnecessarily comical.

Perversion doesn’t preclude someone from being a good strategist, I don’t know what you’re trying to say with that...his shitty disguises also have more to do with his level of mastery over his DF than his ability to create workable plans.

I’m saying that, despite his goofiness (find me a character in this series who’s in a position of power and HASN’T provided at least one dumb face fault), he’s been treated like a guy with a clear vision and the means to follow it...but the last few chapters, he’s really been showing his ass and acting like a bigger dipshit than before. Considering where we are in the arc, it feels unnecessarily comical.
Alright I getcha now.

N

NeutralWatcher

Vergo is definitely way stronger than Drake.

Vergo even didn't use his bamboo, he only used his leg and managed to crack Sanji's leg. Drake went full zoan and didn't do significant damage to Sanji like Vergo did.

In term of speed, Vergo is faster. he can use soru. Sanji was also forced to block using his kick. Meanwhile Drake didn't land a single hit on Sanji. The only hit he landed was because Sanji has never fought zoan who uses his tail to attack.

Drake is also portrayed to be on the same level as Urouge who defeated Snack. This put Vergo even higher than YC4.

It doesn't make sense for Vergo to be on the same level as Drake based on feat.

If Drake is stronger than Vergo, the only logical explanation is Sanji was injured when Sanji fought Vergo which was the reason why Vergo looked superior to Drake.

Vergo>Drake=Urouge>YC4 Snack.

I’m highly unimpressed with the recent portrayal of Kin’emon as a phony. He’s been sold to us for years as a master strategist, always contemplative and considerate of all the finer details, but now his facade is crumbling and he’s shown as a fool with great luck. We already have enough characters who fall ass backwards into successfully completing a plan, it would have been nice for an intelligent guy to actually be serious about this presumptive suicide mission.
When did this happen?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
When did this happen?
Years of portrayal throughout multiple arcs? His planning in Zou and the early goings of Wano? It’s not a single instance, it’s just how he’s been drawn since the beginning. His goal has always been the liberation of his homeland from the tyranny of Orochi/Kaido, and he’s been portrayed as the de facto leader of the Scabbards.

Years of portrayal throughout multiple arcs? His planning in Zou and the early goings of Wano? It’s not a single instance, it’s just how he’s been drawn since the beginning. His goal has always been the liberation of his homeland from the tyranny of Orochi/Kaido, and he’s been portrayed as the de facto leader of the Scabbards.
Yep, my question is what portrayal that is, what instances, what context.
PH there was nothing, Dressrosa nothing, Zou he recognized cat and dog and went forward, no idea what he planed there, in Wa No? What exactly?

I am really perplexed where this is coming from.
He is the leader, but he is more an emotional one, with everyone knowing he is not the brightest bulb, except Denjiro who still idolizes him due to having gone through 20 years in his mind.