General & Others Wano isn't ending until late 2023 - early 2024 (manga)

Even if we take them for true,even if,like i wrote in other comments,you guys keep believing that some matches will last decades of chapters,while they will actually all end in a few chapters. Thats your problem.
What are you even talking about?

Like I said: There are only 17/18 chapters left until "early 2022".

If you really believe Wano will end in about 17 chapters ... good luck with that.

It’ll end mid-2022. The fights against the Flying Six and Calamities should finish this year, since Ulti and Page One are already down. We’ll see how long a second Yamato/Kaido flashback is. Then the final fight of about ten chapters (including whatever happens to Big Mom, this will probably stretch it) and a wrap up party, which, given the size of Wano, will be a good size.

I think we’ll be seeing the next island around Chapter 1050.

I think we got another 20-30 chapters at most. Top executives are already starting to fall. Queen is in his final form. Jack is almost out. Zoro is getting ready for King. Luffy will come back and do his "one hit KO" like he did in Dressrosa and it'll be over.

When Oda after Kaido's reveal said he didn't want Luffy beating Kaido "just because his punch is so strong" it was clear he was sticking to the "strong punch" formula, but lacing it with some new Haki to penetrate Kaido's skin.

In true formulaic Oda fashion, birdcage killing civilians = Onigashima killing civilians, Law's crew = Gyatz & co, and Luffy will come back for the "strong punch" with his new Haki.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Wano is longer because Oda stalled the fuck for that Chapter 1000 panel. After that it picked up pretty fast.
True but it still feels like he is stalling. Even among the Strawhats, some of them still didnt even bump into their final match-ups while others who did it have done so like 20 chapters ago and still didnt progress anywhere... Plus all the storytelling he wants to get done on the rooftop and a likely Kaido/Yamato flashback... He's got too much on his hands.

Jinbei vs WW could really finish next chapter, if Oda just sticks to showing it alone without cutting across to another scene. The non-seat Dressrosa fights were finished in just one chapter. Either way, there’s not much left to show there, it will finish the next time it gets focused on.

And here, Kine’mon vs Kanjuro, which is storywise the most important fight of all, non-Strawhat wise, didn’t even get a full chapter, so I don’t think things like Killer vs Hawkins or Raizo vs Fujurokujo will get much more than that. And the way Ulti and Page One were dealt with doesn’t give me much hope of an EL style two full chapters for each fight.

There’s seven chapters left in the current volume, then the next one should actually finish around the last chapters of the years. I think those seventeen chapters should be enough to wrap up the Flying Six and Calamity fights, plus hopefully the Yamato flashback (which I’m not expecting to be very long).

And after that there shouldn’t be that much to go through. Luffy vs Doflamingo (8), Luffy vs Lucci (9) and Luffy vs Crocodile’s (7) final fights were done in under 10 chapters.

Luffy vs Katakuri really took 8 months?! No wonder why I hated reading it weekly. I don't want to imagine how long it will take for Kaido's defeat. On top of that, shouldn't Oda also focus on Kidd and Law vs Big Mom?

As someone else stated, we have so many storylines and mysteries in Wano. I shouldn't have to read in an SBS that Kuina's grandfather is from Wano. Zoro could learn that in universe. So many other examples were listed.

I don't want a Luffy vs Kaido to go on for 16 months or something. I want Oda to start revealing things. I don't need more build up, I need some balance of action, character development, and reveals without him adding more mystery.

Luffy vs Katakuri really took 8 months?! No wonder why I hated reading it weekly. I don't want to imagine how long it will take for Kaido's defeat. On top of that, shouldn't Oda also focus on Kidd and Law vs Big Mom?

As someone else stated, we have so many storylines and mysteries in Wano. I shouldn't have to read in an SBS that Kuina's grandfather is from Wano. Zoro could learn that in universe. So many other examples were listed.

I don't want a Luffy vs Kaido to go on for 16 months or something. I want Oda to start revealing things. I don't need more build up, I need some balance of action, character development, and reveals without him adding more mystery.
I guess I hope Kaido to be defeated in 2021 (end time) at least although I'm doubtful. If that occurs we might expect the arc to end a few months later.

First of all: What's that about a pattern? I know it was "explained", but in reality it looks like this:

Act I; 909-924: 16 chapters (not 15)
Act II; 925-955: 31 chapters (not 30)
Act III so far; 958-1017: 60 chapters (already, not next chapter)

That's not really a pattern. It is close to one, but the fact that it won't be exactly 15-30-60-30-15 stands nonetheless. So I wouldn't be surprised if the act goes for 10 or more chapters - it wouldn't break the pattern because like I said, there is no pattern.

Also, Nekomamushi vs Perospero still needs to be set up, Denjiro, Kawamatsu and Izo have practically nothing to do at the moment, which needs to change imo, there's still the mystery of the person who helped the Scabbards after their fight with Kaido, Orochi should still be alive, we need to see a bit more of Yamato vs Kaido and it kind of seems weird if Sasaki, Who's Who and Black Maria aren't defeated in the same act as Page One and Ulti. Not to forget Fukurokuju and Hawkins who are also currently fighting.

There's still much to do. I personally think 60 more chapters seems fair and that's only if everything goes smoothly. Meaning Onigashima doesn't reach the Flower Capital and the Big Mom Pirates stay away from the war. Otherwise I'd go for at least 80 chapters.
So end of 2022 is the earliest point I see Wano ending in and mid 2023 the latest.

878-896= less than 20 chapters.
Luffy vs Kaido round 2 started in chapter 1000, and now we are on 1016 which took about 6 months to get to due to breaks.

We need 1 chapter for the end of each Black Maria, Sasaki, Jack, Perospero,Whos who, Apoo, Hawkins, Queen, King and one for Orochi+Fukurokuji+remaining trash.

So that is 10ish chapters of side fights, plus maybe 2 chapters of Kaido+Yamato flashback stuff, then maybe 3-5 chapters of Luffy vs Kaido focus. So that is about 15-20 chapters more before Kaido is taken down potentially, with Big Mom running away to Elbaf.
So it'll be the end of this year or early 2022 that Kaido is defeated.

This thread will age like shit. The arc at least has another 50 chapters. Stop trying to lower the obvious.

Reopening wano zoro visiting ryuma grave kaido flashback banquet all at least 15 chapters. That’s not even including the battles with everyone.

The calamity fights will probably get 2 chapters each.

The flying six battles will probably also get 2 chapters with the yonko fights in total getting probably 20.

Just wait till ulti and page one gets up and Oda continues the set up chapters.

Wano is not ending soon. People said the same when roofpiece was going on and yet the fights still haven’t all been set up yet

It’ll end mid-2022. The fights against the Flying Six and Calamities should finish this year, since Ulti and Page One are already down. We’ll see how long a second Yamato/Kaido flashback is. Then the final fight of about ten chapters (including whatever happens to Big Mom, this will probably stretch it) and a wrap up party, which, given the size of Wano, will be a good size.

I think we’ll be seeing the next island around Chapter 1050.
If it ends mid 2023 then you will make me a moderator.
Post automatically merged:

Lmfao at so many people actually thinking Wano is going to end mid 2022! Do y’all not know how much Oda loves to stall? It isn’t ending mid 2022 , there are still so many unanswered subplots that aren’t fights.

Last edited:
First of all: What's that about a pattern? I know it was "explained", but in reality it looks like this:

Act I; 909-924: 16 chapters (not 15)
Act II; 925-955: 31 chapters (not 30)
Act III so far; 958-1017: 60 chapters (already, not next chapter)

That's not really a pattern. It is close to one, but the fact that it won't be exactly 15-30-60-30-15 stands nonetheless. So I wouldn't be surprised if the act goes for 10 or more chapters - it wouldn't break the pattern because like I said, there is no pattern.

Also, Nekomamushi vs Perospero still needs to be set up, Denjiro, Kawamatsu and Izo have practically nothing to do at the moment, which needs to change imo, there's still the mystery of the person who helped the Scabbards after their fight with Kaido, Orochi should still be alive, we need to see a bit more of Yamato vs Kaido and it kind of seems weird if Sasaki, Who's Who and Black Maria aren't defeated in the same act as Page One and Ulti. Not to forget Fukurokuju and Hawkins who are also currently fighting.

There's still much to do. I personally think 60 more chapters seems fair and that's only if everything goes smoothly. Meaning Onigashima doesn't reach the Flower Capital and the Big Mom Pirates stay away from the war. Otherwise I'd go for at least 80 chapters.
So end of 2022 is the earliest point I see Wano ending in and mid 2023 the latest.
Actually, that is a pattern. Act length = n*15+1 where n ∈ {1, 2, 3}. And it might be in the order of 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 because of symmetry. :quest:

If act 3 ends in 1018 that would confirm 60 chapters.

which means the rest of wano would be 45 chapters.

The arc will probably end November/docember next year

Could also be 70-30-5 or something, don't need to have 15 chapters for the conclusion..

60-40-5
65-35-5
Post automatically merged:

Guys,you should look at Kinemon,Kiku and Kanjuro to see that Oda ends the fights in 1 chapter. Even the actual Nami vs Ulti was 1 chapter. Why are you pretending that any fight that isnt Luffy-Kaido will take more than 1 chapter?

Were you one of those who were saying that WCI is ending soon when the Cake castle fell?

Last edited: