General & Others Wano War Is The Worst War I’ve Ever Read in Any Shone!n

In the shounen ? Very ruthless. Oda loves tellling story and wano is being hyped since pre ts . Also , when we arrive first time wano , we know that all characters will be gathered in there . And wano apparantly will be longest arc in the one piece. Oda want to finish most of issue in the one piece with this arc. Worstgen shit , samurai shit . I agrees fake death and tension is so annoying . But you can be sure there are lots of worse arc than this one .

G

Gorosei Informer

I still try to understand why Wano is so long.Barely any Char worth the debate.The only location was Oni for a long time.Like wtf
@ArturCantSpeakJapanese explained it pretty well, it makes a lot of sense unfortunately:

read up on kabuki plays. none of the pacing and writing decisions feel foreign to kabuki, characters are introduced in the middle of the play with no warning, fights go on forever and participants join and leave and join again, deaths are faked out and then people come back, there are ridiculous amounts of dual identities and secret betrayals, the casts are gigantic and large amounts of time is spent away from the "main" characters etc. wano is a tribute to jidaimono samurai plays and period dramas and oda is referencing almost every "great" kabuki play at once. this is a long, long arc meant to have a lot of twists and turns.

its probably the riskiest thing hes ever done with one piece because none of this shit is popular anymore. no one runs full kabuki plays in japan anymore and no one wants to sit through the extreme length of these ancient plays. any kabuki staged today in modern japan won't even do a whole play at once, just a best-of compilation of the most famous scenes from that play. sometimes its even cut down further to a collection of scenes from multiple different plays. even though im enjoying it a lot, i can see the audience fatigue. Dressrosa was already too long for many people weekly and Wano will likely end up almost if not actually twice as long.
Oda really went deep on the experimentation on this arc, it wasn't just for show/aesthetics, he's putting an entirely massively/long show, much like the current state of the MCU too.

It's definitely a passion project for him but I don't think he should have done this with One Piece as unique as it is. But its his way of paying tribute to his own country's culture, history and such.

He's massively inspired by Rakugo too apparently:

https://mapofallblue-blog.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F163829965622

Wano war is the biggest disappointment and worst war ever!

There's literally nothing serious nor great about this war.
Wano war:
  • Repetitive fake tensions
  • Repetitive fake deaths
  • Repetitive "coming back up" easily from Luffy and co no matter how many times they get KOed
  • Forced drama
  • Dragging of plots
  • Subplots and subplots
  • Enemies like King & Queen attacking their own men (who didn't even betray Kaido)
  • offscreen major battles: Dukes vs jack on the roof/ dukes vs Jack/Pero
  • Repetitive running scenes (people running around like they are doing marathons or whatever ) *PANELS WASTED
  • Main villains don't feel a threat even.
  • Conveniences happening
  • A kid ...a kid played a huge role in this war to weaken Beast pirates.
  • Fights ending quick and poorly
  • Yonko fights looking like high tier battle
  • Law undying stamina
  • Kid's finisher was treated badly
  • Linlin’s downfall is poorly written
  • Luffy coming back over and over with newer PU
  • Gomu Gomu no Mi became Toonforce no Mi
  • And more irritating stuff incoming
But wait "the war isn't over yet, Oda knows..." stop!
Oda doesn't know all, that's why he himself admits making mistakes or adding more things which he handled poorly.

I never expected Wano to surpass WCI but this is just too funny at this point
Nothing can save Wano unless Oda does a twist where Kaido and BM beat SN trio then declare victory so alliance escape. 2 weeks later yonko fall.
But he won't do that and Wano war will remain the worst war in Shonen Manga

I'm just talking about the raid not Udon or wano arc in general, just the war itself @

@Topi Jerami @Kejon @playa4321
Yess its truee
Hate wano arc
They ruined one piece