General & Others Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

• Total voters
It was very good when Capone was attempting to assassinate Big Mom, but it quickly went downhill once the explosion happened. Big Mom's IQ began to drop by 50 points every chapter. Katakuri vs Luffy started off good, but I got turned off when Katakrui stabbed himself, so silly.

Due to the "discussion" I had with @True God Moe , I decided to make this thread. Moe believes that WCI was one of the best overall arcs in One Piece

So what do you guys think? Is it one of the best arcs of One Piece? Like is it in the top 5 arcs of One Piece?

Share your thoughts and vote in the poll as well.

Some tags:
@True God Moe @nik87 @Cyrus the Cactus @Topi Jerami @TheAncientCenturion @HA001 @ZoroGang @KiriNigiri @Admiral Lee Hung @stormylife @Zowo @Chrono @Kuroshika @Sentinel @Owl Ki @Dark Hound @Jiihad @Yo Tan Wa @Reborn @Sade @playa4321 @Bogard @King7 @Arara @ShishioIsBack @ShadyOjiro @Rivaille @Bakura @BossYimz etc. etc..
Most Dog Shit arc in PoTS

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Definitely not the best arc but it wasn't the worst either. I'd say average. Mainly because of Katakuri. Though the Wano arc is much better imo.
I think Oda saved it.
The Katakuri clash was mandatory in order to not make that arc look like one of the worst ever, not sure if Oda thought it that way. I think he had it in store since a long time, in all likelihood, either way.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Love the Alice in Wonderland vibe, love the Vinsmokes storyline (that I thought I would hate), love Sanji's journey, love the "betrayal everywhere" plots, love the escape, love Luffy vs Cracker, Luffy vs Katakuri is just...meh. Looks like an inferior version of Luffy vs Lucci.
I actually didnt like the arc the first time reading it, much like my first time watching Skypie.
Only after rewatching/rereading that it started to grow on me.
Today both arcs are in my top 4. With Skypie in 2nd (barely above Alabasta) and WCI in 4th.
WCI feels fresh.

WCI is, in my opinion, the best Post-TS arc (at least until I see how Wano ends). I love the first part, both the Alice in Wonderland inspiration and the whole Sanji drama. The second part is excellent, especially Luffy vs Katakuri, the best battle since Luffy vs Lucci.

I liked the arc, seeing Sanji get some more focus was pretty nice with Oda pretty much reaffirming Sanji's core values throughout the arc though the Vinsmokes weren't anything amazing. Katakuri was great and Luffy's fight against him was one of my favourites. It was nice seeing other Straw Hats like Nami and Brook getting some shine as well. The arc had some good moments overall and a lot of iffy moments but top 5 overall? Nah, maybe post-timeskip.

It had one of the best fights (action-wise) and one of the best and coolest characters (katakuri), but best arc?? HELL NO!!!!

Reasons:

Pacing was atrocious- up there with Dressrosa, can't decide which one is worse.

The shitty cake plot was basically the entire arc, taking up all most the whole arc- and most disappointingly the payoff was crap, only dropped Big Mom for a brief moment.

Hated the Vinsmokes- didn't like them as characters: they are wannabe evil antagonists and unlikable characters. Reiju might be the only nice and tolerable one- but even then i find her bland.

Year of Sanji?? Pfff-yeah right. WCI really didn't do much for sanji imo, the only real benefits he got was a raid suit. The extra backstories, his conflicts with Luffy-they are not really memorable imo. Personally i didn't feel like sanji needed a backstory, and his confrontation with Luffy is also weaker than Ussop's imo.

A lot of fake hype- Bobbins, Pound's death, the wedding cake etc.

Yes WCI had a lot of good stuff in it, but unfortunately the good don't outweigh the bad.

Katakuri was carrying the arc hard- without him the arc would be a lot worse imo.

Just like the other thread, WCI have the sense of danger (Pedro dying, Luffy and Nami getting captured, Big Mom Pirates overwhelmed Germa and Strawhats, etc.) while in Wano, no one is dying AT ALL!!!!!!! The war feel meh, too many plot holes (Tama taming Gifters, Whitebeard not knowing Kaido is in Wano, Oden is alive, etc.)

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Just like the other thread, WCI have the sense of danger (Pedro dying, Luffy and Nami getting captured, Big Mom Pirates overwhelmed Germa and Strawhats, etc.) while in Wano, no one is dying AT ALL!!!!!!! The war feel meh, too many plot holes (Tama taming Gifters, Whitebeard not knowing Kaido is in Wano, Oden is alive, etc.)
Well we had some drama with Yasu and then some mild drama with the Scabbards and Hyo. Now we are even experiencing a possible Oden return.

This arc is very multifaceted, I can't personally complain much.