Chapter Discussion WGS title once again confirmed to be mainly ''SKILL'' based

Alrighto, can wait until Sunday for translation, then.

Btw, Shanks is more prominent as a conqueror than either Kaido or WB were ever shown to be despite their story already being done, having displayed all they had to offer. Doesn't really put him above them, does it?

Roger's CoC was most likely god tier and higher than WB, but WB made up for it with his DF and stuff.

I don't think Mihawk's CoC will be as good as Shanks', but he can make up for it with other stuff. Mihawk's CoA portrayal is among the best in history- achieving a feat that even Roger, as a swordsman, couldn't achieve even though he loved his blade so dearly he named his son after it. Mihawk's CoO so far also has higher implications than Shanks as per epithets, and the "skills" part is obvious even if it's stated or not.
Surely Mihawk can make up for his (maybe) weaker conqueror's, we will see. Regarding your question, Whitebeard was strong enough to equal Roger so that alone is enough to support his superiority (we can't really assess his conqueror's overall because he made his move pretimeskip), and regarding Kaidou, I've always had my problems with his condition of world's strongest, but this isn't the place to get into that and I don't think anything new can be said. An oni had to be the strongest (he's an oni, I mean) for the Japan-themed saga but ended up full of rumours, a "title" stressing his inhuman nature more than his strength (hence Nami's reaction to it) and a pairing in Linlin as a "secondary emperor". But again, not the place nor time for this.

We don't know how black blades are forged. I won't take it into account for this debate unless we have more information because to me it feels too much like the usual "bounding through countless battles" that fits Koushiro's statements on what "strongest swordsman" is about; and I doubt it's a coincidence that Ryuma, Mihawk and Zoro, unlike others like Roger and arguably Shanks, are characterized by challenging his way to the top as in a tournament (a pretty old Japanese trope). Roger may have loved his blade, but he doesn't strike to me like that kind of a challenger and non-stopping fighter, nor does Shanks. But this is a completely different topic and I don't feel like discussing it now.

Mihawk has hawk eyes from birth, his epithet has no actual implication regarding CoO. Not denying the possibility, but let's not make up stuff. The skill part is obvious, but the moment you state it as an explicit nuance in terms of what makes Mihawk superior, the moment you separate it from the whole strength package. But this is to be seen in the official translation, as I said.

I think this is all I have to say.

Mihawk made a black blade while neither Shanks nor Roger could despite being swordsmen. Roger loved his sword so dearly that he named his son after it, yet failed to do, too. Mihawk's CoA portrayal is downright best in history outside of Ryuuma.

And sure, but both Buggy and Mihawk are part of organization that chases and kills marines. Buggy is considered a rival to Shanks and Yonko. But Mihawk is a bigger threat. Say what now?

World's Strongest Swordsman is still about being strongest and being able to win in an all out fight between two swordsmen. Not about skills. Zoro is living proof.
So where did anyone state that Black Blade's CoA is special among CoAs? Nowhere. You have FS the special among CoO, Internal Destruction the special one among CoA, CoC infusion the special one among CoC. Black Blade was mentioned by Tengu and Mihawk and nothing state how special it is compared to the rest of CoAs. You're relying on a hype that may happen in the future. No one state black blade as best CoA in history or whatever, even the black blade Zoro wield itself is not special among relevant chars, you guys just made that "best CoA in history" up in your echo chamber.

Mihawk is a bigger threat? Sure since Mihawk chased Marines since Croc knew him from way back, while Shanks partied around with his crews. If by bigger threat you mean less bounty and being hyped by nameless Marines, sure Mihawk has bigger threat from chasing marine all his life while Shanks partied around being silly while carried his crew and increase their bounties just by existing, and by himself made two Admirals significantly respect his powerlevel just by being present around them.

Mihawk is WSS who surpasses Shanks...in skill. No more asterisk more obvious than this one. So even WSS being about the one who wins against any other swordsman doesn't make sense in the real life, so it's just less absolute in manga verse where Oda bait all the fandom with crippled hypes such as Old WSM stating he cant be the strongest forever, WSC Kaidou having Oden PTSD without reason, etc.

Last edited:
So where did anyone state that Black Blade's CoA is special among CoAs? Nowhere.

You have FS the special among CoO, Internal Destruction the special one among CoA, CoC infusion the special one among CoC. Black Blade was mentioned by Tengu and Mihawk and nothing state how special it is compared to the rest of CoAs. You're relying on a hype that may happen in the future. No one state black blade as best CoA in history or whatever, even the black blade Zoro wield itself is not special among relevant chars, you guys just made that "best CoA in history" up in your echo chamber.

Mihawk is a bigger threat? Sure since Mihawk chased Marines since Croc knew him from way back, while Shanks partied around with his crews. If by bigger threat you mean less bounty and being hyped by nameless Marines, sure Mihawk has bigger threat from chasing marine all his life while Shanks partied around being silly while carried his crew and increase their bounties just by existing, and by himself made two Admirals significantly respect his powerlevel just by being present around them.

Mihawk is WSS who surpasses Shanks...in skill. No more asterisk more obvious than this one. So even WSS being about the one who wins against any other swordsman doesn't make sense in the real life, so it's just less absolute in manga verse where Oda bait all the fandom with crippled hypes such as Old WSM stating he cant be the strongest forever, WSC Kaidou having Oden PTSD without reason, etc.
Ok, you're straight up ignoring my point.

According to marines, Buggy is a Yonko who is rivals with Shanks and hunts marines as well alongside being the leader.

Mihawk is just a combatant who is part of the guild without being leader and just like Buggy, hunts Marines because that's what CG do.

Yet they consider Mihawk a bigger threat.

I'm not comparing Mihawk's threat vs some guy they consider Shanks' rival who leads an organization formed to hunt marines.

Yes, Mihawk surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship.

And yes, that is irrelevant to the title of WSS. According to WSS, Mihawk beats any other swordsman in a 1 vs 1 as per One Piece logic. That's how Zoro will get the title.

Just because one is true, doesn't mean other can't be. They never said Mihawk surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship only. Just that he surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship. He could surpass him in more, and his title entails that.

Also, of course the Black Blade stuff is hypothetical and based on implication and portrayal, not factual stuff lmao. We're arguing about things we have fuck all knowledge of. Most of your argument is hypothetical, too.

According to marines, Buggy is a Yonko who is rivals with Shanks and hunts marines as well alongside being the leader.

Mihawk is just a combatant who is part of the guild without being leader and just like Buggy, hunts Marines because that's what CG do.

I'm not comparing Mihawk's threat vs some guy they consider Shanks' rival who leads an organization formed to hunt marines.

And yes, that is irrelevant to the title of WSS. According to WSS, Mihawk beats any other swordsman in a 1 vs 1 as per One Piece logic. That's how Zoro will get the title.

Just because one is true, doesn't mean other can't be. They never said Mihawk surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship only. Just that he surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship. He could surpass him in more, and his title entails that.

Also, of course the Black Blade stuff is hypothetical and based on implication and portrayal, not factual stuff lmao. We're arguing about things we have fuck all knowledge of. Most of your argument is hypothetical, too.
But Mihawk never lost a battle not even Shanks that means ????

"Hakiman doesnt exist as a combat style" while Rayleigh in chapter 597 says that haki is a power, while Luffy and Kaidou destroy enemies without touching, Shanks turned off GB's DF, Kaidou didnt even need his kanabo to do his most powerful attack, which you try to ignore or deny.
You have not shown that "hakiman" is a combat style anywhere in this post.

He is superior to them in terms of coc. But they got zoans, and other powers to compensate
Post automatically merged:

I don't know who teached you math but 4 billion>>3,5 billions
Mihawk is a mere commander and yet has 3,5B while shanks is a yonkou with his crew and only got 4B. Its obvious whos stronger lmao

Y'all so blind by the erkan hate that you're bending backwards to not see that Oda could have avoided all this by not adding the swordsmanship line, yet he did...

Quote me if im wrong and the raw actually uses something like strength instead of the word swordsmanship, only read tcb

Also, do you very best in explaining at how yasop is weaker than beckman despite both being gunmen but yasopp being the better one
Yasopp is never said to be "the strongest gun fighter" he's said to be the best marksmen(hit targets from far away). Yasopp wins any target shooting contest. Ben Beckmen can still coat his gun and beat him up. If Mihawk was called "the best slasher" then you would have an argument. He's not though.

How many battles did Shanks and Mihawk had many right

But Mihawk didn't lost any of them either its equal or Hawkeyes is slightly superior
it doesnt matter much now , mihawk has greater swordsmanship than ' yonko ' shanks
even if they tied in the past , doesnt mean the same will happen today and the manga supports that .

With 2 arm shanks
1 arm has been shanks is clearly weaker
Weaker or not Mihawk is his equal I read comments where people thought that he is weaker than Queen

it doesnt matter much now , mihawk has greater swordsmanship than ' yonko ' shanks
even if they tied in the past , doesnt mean the same will happen today and the manga supports that .
And what exactly does the manga support ?

"Buggy hunts marines as well" no i'm not addressing that, i'm addressing Croc's phonecall to Mihawk that called Mihawk a Marine Chaser since previous times, before Mihawk joined hands with Buggy.

And i won't argue that Buggy is stronger than Mihawk, but apparently actively chasing Marines can boost Buggy's bounty so much.

"Yes Mihawk surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship, and thats irrelevant (according to you) to being WSS" you entirely made that up tho, if thats irrelevant then Brannew wont use such a specific condition in his sentence of Mihawk being WSS.

"Just because one is true, doesnt mean the others cant be" yea i know this but still Brannew highlight this as a asterisk instead of WSS being about who wins, which is your stance of Shanks vs Mihawk.

"We are arguing hypothetical things" Shanks' CoC being respected by Admirals while Mihawk doesnt have such haki-oriented hype is not hypothetical, Shanks' CoC reverting Greenbull's DF is not hypothetical either, it already happened. While "Black Blade being pinnacle of CoA?" Thats hypothetical.

Chinjao saying about Luffy wanting to be PK means surpassing all CoC user, and surpasing Roger (being praised regarding haki transcends all) mean surpassing Admirals and Emperors and leaving Mihawk out.

Kaidou recognized Shanks and leaving Mihawk out even when Shanks often dueled against Mihawk and Mihawk is famous WSS, is not hypothetical.

Mihawk fandom being unable to at least respect the difference in opinion, and keep forcing this stuff of Mihawk being significantly and clearly stronger than Shanks and keep making 10++ threads specifically to troll Shanks, is just setting Mihawk's fandom for disappointment when Oda finally display both Shanks' and Mihawk's ability.

Last edited:
Honestly what exactly can be used to prove that Shanks is stronger anyways?
Being a Yonko? Mihawk straight up rejects that title :pepehawk:
Better COC? But you guys didn't have the same energy when Zoro shows COC feats MILES ahead of Kid and Law yet you all put the duo above Zoro because of potrayals. I agree with Zoro being weaker than Kid and Law too btw. :pepecroc:
Shanks is not a swordman? But Shanks has been called Swordman by Oda and literally everyother official source out there. :pepebuggy:
Using other abilities that's not swordmanship? We literally have a movie dedicated to wanking Shanks, and all he does is swinging his sword. And he even has a SWORD STYLE for himself (Burning Sword). :pepebusi:
Luffy's Endgoal? But Luffy has already beaten Kaido, and Kaido is stronger than Shanks based on his title. :pepecroc:
I don't mind them being equal tho.
Post automatically merged:

Kaidou recognized Shanks and leaving Mihawk out even when Shanks often dueled against Mihawk and Mihawk is famous WSS, is not hypothetical.
Kaido also leaves out Big Mom. And Garp (who rivals the PK). And unless you believe Oden > Mihawk, that's list is not the top 5 strongest.