What did you like and dislike about GT ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta was badass, and the Shadow Dragons were a cool idea, but otherwise, it’s hard to find anything else worthy of recognition.

GT>super
Super is made to sugarcoat fans fanfictions
It isnt deep nor great when it comes to storytelling
I’ll agree in spirit that Super is largely fan fiction, but you could say the same about GT, and at least Super has opened up the multiverse/given us a glimpse at all the narrative possibilities that could entail. The notion that GT is superior to Super in any way is empirically false.

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta was badass, and the Shadow Dragons were a cool idea, but otherwise, it’s hard to find anything else worthy of recognition.

I’ll agree in spirit that Super is largely fan fiction, but you could say the same about GT, and at least Super has opened up the multiverse/given us a glimpse at all the narrative possibilities that could entail. The notion that GT is superior to Super in any way is empirically false.
SSJ4 Gogeta is one of the few things that didn't make me regret watching the anime entirely

Yes Super might have many flaws but compared to GT it's really an improvement.

An anime-only sequel of DBZ made between 1996 and 1997 and which wasn't supervised by Toriyama. This anime tried to return to the original spirit of the early DB chapters and episodes by having Goku being turned into a kid again and by having him search mysterious dark-star dragon balls in space along with adult Trunks and a teenage Pan. Of course this attempt to return to the old DB roots was seen as a regression by many and the series suffered from poor plot execution, a too great focus on Goku and Pan who had turned into an arrogant and obnoxious girl, a cruel underuse of Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, Uub and the other heroes, fights which were clearly inferior in quality to DBZ fights and often forgettable new characters and places despite some nice ideas such as Goden Ape, SSJ4, the dragon balls becoming filled with dark energy with overuse, great music and some of the villains who were really memorable such as Baby or Nuova Shenron.

Last edited:
An anime-only sequel of DBZ made between 1996 and 1997 and which wasn't supervised by Toriyama. This anime tried to return to the original spirit of the early DB chapters and episodes by having Goku being turned into a kid again and by having him search mysterious dark-star dragon balls in space along with adult Trunks and a teenage Pan. Of course this attempt to return to the old DB roots was seen as a regression by many and the series suffered from poor plot execution, a too great focus on Goku and Pan who had turned into an arrogant and obnoxious girl, a cruel underuse of Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, Uub and the other heroes, fights which were clearly inferior in quality to DBZ fights and often forgettable new characters and places despite some nice ideas such as Goden Ape, SSJ4, the dragon balls becoming filled with dark energy, great music and some of the villains who were really memorable such as Baby or Nuova Shenron.
Sounds filler like.

No personal meanings in the fights, no personal meanings in the transformations, childish thematic (in the beginning mostly), lame development for Goku, Mustache, Villains being evil just for being evil, Goku fighting them just to fight, no training etc, no meaning

I liked the ending and the SSJ4 look, Baby was cool but he was just a copy of Kid Buu

External to the series i fcking love the opening and ending in both spanish (latino) and japanese, these songs really give me the feels.

As for the series, i loved the idea of the SSJ4 and how Goku acchieved it, one of the most epic moments of the whole franchise, the design is also dope af.

Baby as villain was also good especially because Toei took an old plot like the war between the Saiyans and Tuffles and conected it with the new one.

The concept of the dragon being the final boss was also interesting, the series started with the adventure of find the dragon balls and it ended with the search of the dragon balls, you can only clap at this, sadly the execution was kinda shit xD but it doesn't change the fact that it was hype back in the day.

GOGETA!!! :steef:

The finale...it got me nearly in tears the first time i watched it :catblush:

As for the bad things...

TRUNKS :feelscryingman::pepehands::pepehands::pepehands:
Goku being turned into a kid just because of :pepeke: , like come on, if i want to see little Goku i go to the original series.

Uub's treatment was a disgrace, you can't bring Goku's only disciple just to ridicule him, i agree with the youtuber that said all that shit happened because he's black :catsweat:

Pan, they made her way too annoying :catcry:

---

I clearly have a love-hate relationship with this series xD

Last edited:
It's been like ten plus years since I watched GT but I did like how it seemed more like an adventure series at first. Traveling across the universe for the Dragon Balls was a great concept. Lots of potential to explore what's happening out there. Too bad it just ended up being typical Dragon Ball fighting shit.