What did you like and dislike about GT ?

Here's the thread about the most controversial and terrible Dragon Ball anime.

What aspects of GT did you like ? Which ones did you dislike ?

Personnaly I found that there were some good ideas such as Super Saiyan 4, Golden Ape, Baby. Also some of the plots sounded really nice on paper such as the Hell breakout, Super Android 17 or the Shadow Dragons and the reasons why Old Kai was hostile to the perpetual use of the Dragon Balls but sadly these ideas were often terribly executed. Also some ideas such as Goku becoming a kid again and staying a kid or the black stars Dragon Balls were terrible imo. Most of the antagonists outside Baby and Nova Shenron were also not very interesting.
I also found it cringeworthy that the series tried to return to the spirit of the first chapters of Dragon Ball despite this time being long over with the more mature and serious ambience that had come with Z.

I wouldn't have mind Goku becoming a kid, for a while or for most of the anime... I believe that GT was more marketed toward children. While probably the people that watched Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z I believe some seriousness was lost. I don't remember much of GT so I can't get into details of the plot overall. But the idea of constantly traveling through space wasn't bad either, it just needed better execution.

Something I also quite disliked in GT is that how Goku was the center of nearly all the intention with him being always the one to beat the villains and while the others were left in the dust. Vegeta's treatment in GT was really poor with the moustache thing, being possesed by Baby, having no real development and being unable to go to SSJ4 without Bulma's help. Same for Uub and the others.
The ending was beautiful tbh
One of a few things I liked about Gt outside of the music and a few antagonists.

Last edited:
I loved that too expecially the intro!
Yes GT's intro music was really good, actually possibly as good as DBZ's prologue music ( though no music can match Chala Head Chala).

Another thing I just realized I liked more about Battle of Gods and Super over GT is the universe building and exploration with the introduction of the GODs as counterparts to the Kais and Supreme Kais, of the Angels who are the most powerful beings after Zeno (and possibly his bodyguards) but who do not interfere in mortals' affairs, Zeno and the reveal of the various universes and their relations with each other and how deities are organized and heriarchised.

Yes GT's intro music was really good, actually possibly as good as DBZ's prologue music ( though no music can match Chala Head Chala).

Another thing I just realized I liked more about Battle of Gods and Super over GT is the universe building and exploration with the introduction of the GODs as counterparts to the Kais and Supreme Kais, of the Angels who are the most powerful beings after Zeno (and possibly his bodyguards) but who do not interfere in mortals' affairs, Zeno and the reveal of the various universes and their relations with each other and how deities are organized and heriarchised.
Yes it looks every Dragon Ball series has got god tier soundtrack

That it was an adventure show aimed for little kids at the beginning...like a PG rated Dragon Ball.
The low rating made them bring in Baby.
Well Baby was not a bad villain in itself, him being a Tuffle was interesting and he had really cool powers. However they made him a classic villain with no redeeming qualities whereas it would have been more interesting to make him a tragic or sympathetic one, it would have been easy to do that thanks to his backstory, and the way he was defeated and killed was not very well executed imo and the fact that he didn't appear during Hell saga didn't help.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Well Baby was not a bad villain in itself, him being a Tuffle was interesting and he had really cool powers. However they made him a classic villain with no redeeming qualities whereas it would have been more interesting to make him a tragic or sympathetic one, it would have been easy to do that thanks to his backstory, and the way he was defeated and killed was not very well executed imo and the fact that he didn't appear during Hell saga didn't help.
It was still pretty shit but they only went that route to make GT more like DBZ. Super 17 was pretty bad and the shadow dragons were decent at best.