Questions & Mysteries What happened to Page 1?

What happened to Page 1!

• Total voters
Enough to make a significant difference even against the Whitebeard Pirates.

I mean... is Ryuma even strong?
He cut a dragon's head off, that's like cutting sea giants head off. Not very impressive.
He turned his sword black, but does that correlate with strength?

If anything, them being Zombie enhances their durablity/stamina/endurance.
Oars could fight after getting pummeled by the crew, only because he was a zombie. Same body only he can't feel pain but damage is the same.
Ryuma was the strongest swordsman in the world when he was alive. Not saying this is a exact statement of his strength because we don't know the mean strength back then, but it is something. Turning his sword black, which is something only Mihawk has been shown to do, also speaks good of him.

You're assuming what being a zombie enhances. "Same body" is also farfetched unless a dead, rotten body is the same as a fresh, alive one. Sure, they don't feel pain, does it compensate the rest? (lacking their original personality and experience in battle, a fresh and alive body, etc.).

I don't think I would even put Ivankov in YC3. And he's above Moreley,
What you think isn't necessarily correct. What we know is that Morley seems to be one of Dragon's top three and is addressed by Doflamingo as a monster, not as a good leader or an authority figure. It is a matter of power here. Of course, it depends on Dragon's own level with regards to his subordinates and all of that, but still, this giant isn't a weakling.

That's pretty bad.
And you somehow discount the ones we met that were trash.

The ones in little garden
The ones in Ennies Lobby
Oars Jr was a punching bag in marineford.
Luffy oneshot with g2 pistol the giant in the tournament.

even preTS Zolo and Sanji were throwing a giant like a ball in the Foxy crew.
First of all, Zoro and Sanji weren't throwing a giant but a wotan.

Second, sure I discount the ones we met that were trash (a couple of your examples are a bit tricky, by the way: Luffy's G2 plus haki punch is strong while Hajrudin is a rookie; Oars Jr. was a punching bag because he faced an army plus Doflamingo and Moriah, but he's still a 550 million pirate; Dorry was tricked with a bomb and Zoro was about to cut his own leg to get away from the wax that had Brogy trapped). I discount them because I'm not saying that there aren't weak giants but that there are strong ones, hence why I won't lose my time with irrelevant examples.

Third, the proportion isn't bad in the slightest. We've had a very small number of representatives yet they include some strong individuals. The point I'm defending is that, at the end of the day, there are factual examples of strong giants so the Numbers aren't bound to be at Chopper's level "at best", as you stated. That's just a lie, a dishonest statement that ignores that giants can be strong no matter how you try to rebut it. The moment we have strong giants (and we do), the moment you can't assure anything about the Numbers's power level.

S

stealthblack

He îs the puppeteer controling kaidou and orochi from the shadows. He îs the rox captain

I feel like the fact that Sanji's goal was to beat him quickly, the fact we havent seen him, the fact that Sanji used a power up to KO him quick, the fact that Drake is looking for Soba Mask himself in the aftermath is all pretty much proof he's down for the count. His design is dope tho so I kinda hope we see him again. Even if its in some disciplinary hype role for Queen not tolerating his weakness.

But yeah story telling 101 of Drake searching for Soba is proof positive of a lose for P1. Possible drake killed him off aswell as he's undercover Sword member to like @Garp the Fist said. I like that.

I think what happened was that Sanji KO'd him, then drake killed him and blamed it on sanji

in any case, I really hope Oda doesn't bring him back. There is literally no point, especially when you still have other beast pirates we have not yet explored like apoo, the flying 6, and the numbers. As well as the BMP, who have been basically absent this arc.

Enough to make a significant difference even against the Whitebeard Pirates
So I said it was just about strength, then you said it wasn't just about strength. I ask what else and you say strength...
unless I am missing something.

You're assuming what being a zombie enhances. "Same body" is also farfetched unless a dead, rotten body is the same as a fresh, alive one. Sure, they don't feel pain, does it compensate the rest? (lacking their original personality and experience in battle, a fresh and alive body, etc.)
I mean...we can use Oars jr for reference to oars. And he didn't look that impressive. Seemed zombie oars was able to tank more punishment.

What you think isn't necessarily correct. What we know is that Morley seems to be one of Dragon's top three and is addressed by Doflamingo as a monster, not as a good leader or an authority figure
Cmon just because he appeared in his speech means nothing. Ceaser appeared next to Kaido and Doflamingo, I am not calling him strong.

It is a matter of power here. Of course, it depends on Dragon's own level with regards to his subordinates and all of that, but still, this giant isn't a weakling
So is Ivankov stronger than him?
How much stronger or weaker Ivankov is compared to Sabo?

First of all, Zoro and Sanji weren't throwing a giant but a wotan.
Whats the difference?
He looks so much bigger than Morley.

yet they include some strong individuals
Like who?
I have yet to see a giant stronger than mid tiers for example (where Zolo and Sanji are).

Is this something we see a lot of in this manga(or at all)? Where a high ranking named enemy gets taken out with no defeat panel? Regardless of that why was that the case here anyway?
Snack was created to give Urouge a feat since he wasn't gonna be in either WCI or Wano. P1 was created to tell the audience that RS Sanji has crossed the veteran level and next time he moves to the YC. In a way it was like Luffy taking care of Blueno. It's just that Oda just wrapped it up much more quickly.

Last edited:
So I said it was just about strength, then you said it wasn't just about strength. I ask what else and you say strength...
unless I am missing something.
I didn't say it isn't just about strength, I said that the army not only is stronger if compared to fodder humans but the difference is so significant that Linlin assumed it would grant her a chance to take down her fellow emperors.

I mean...we can use Oars jr for reference to oars. And he didn't look that impressive. Seemed zombie oars was able to tank more punishment.
I think you're underestimating Oars Jr. He had a 550 million bounty without being a direct subordinate of an emperor (which is the reason many top pirates have huge bounties to begin with), was directly acknowledged as a powerful individual by Sengoku, faced the Marine army by playing the hero and taking its attacks (Whitebeard stresses this) and took the tehniques of three Shichibukai to put him down.

Cmon just because he appeared in his speech means nothing. Ceaser appeared next to Kaido and Doflamingo, I am not calling him strong.
You aren't really trying to pass this fallacy as an argument, right? He appears in Doflamingo's speech in te context of referring to the monsters in the Revolutionary Army. It isn't about appearing next to somebody, it is that plus context (not even that, plus explicit power statements; "I'm mentioning you because you're one of their monsters").

So is Ivankov stronger than him?
How much stronger or weaker Ivankov is compared to Sabo?
I don't really care. I'd go for the same difference between a standard YC1 a 2, but it is irrelevant to the main point.

Whats the difference?
He looks so much bigger than Morley.
He can look as bigger as you want. He isn't a giant but a hybrid.

Like who?
I have yet to see a giant stronger than mid tiers for example (where Zolo and Sanji are).
Sadly, we haven't had any situation in which we can properly address the power level of giants. Saul could have been a high tier but faced Kuzan, same for John Giant but he faced Whitebeard. Morley seems to be one of the three top men under Dragon, it depends on whether you think that will equal mid tier or more (but he should be expected to be significantly strong because of this) . And again, I simply was refuting your idea of the giants being always treated like weaklings (what is even a weakling? A mid tier certainly isn't) to the point of putting the Numbers at Chopper's level. That's unfounded, and that is what I was discussing.

Does this need to be a thread because at the end of the day, regardless if he was defeated, he might return. It's already been proven that just because you beat a beast Pirates in Wano it doesn't guarantee they won't return.

I think it was just to show how his RS looks before Franky and Usopp changed the design.

He wasn't asking Franky and Usopp to add something new, only to change the design.
Honestly, I seriously don't get where people come up with the assumption that Franky and Usopp are going to add something or upgrade it.

Firstly, Sanji himself said that Franky and Usopp will only change the design of it and secondly, Usopp and I would say Franky to a lesser degree are nowhere near the level of technology that Germa utilizes and the Raid Suits are the pinnacle of that technology. If it could be bettered than Judge would have done that himself. Judge is a peer of Vegapunk, if he wanted to upgrade the suit it would have been done then and there.

Considering how Vergo vs Sanji clashed a bit and Vergo broke Sanji's bone, but when Sanji came back he never actually mentioned or whined about his broken leg..

Then it's not impossible if similar thing happened again here. Sanji and Page One clashed, Page One bite Sanji and broke him internally, both retreated. Sanji came back as if nothing happened Punk Hazard style.
stop :josad:

Why would Oda have Sanji use his hated powerup against a throw away enemy(as you guys claim)?

Yeah why are you telling me those things?

Why would Oda take out one of the important members of the arc enemy without a defeat panel and show me where he has done that before?

lol
Your mistake was assuming Page One was important to story of the arc to begin with.
Post automatically merged:

The last panel of the fight had P1 screaming in pain. P1 got defeated. Oda may not have shown us the outcome but he showed us the last blow

Last edited:
I think P1's absence will amount to one big punch line of what Sanji did to him. Sanji fought P1 with the expressed desire to reduce the enemy's forces. P1 was in the Flower capital to find Sanji, and in the process, the citizens there had their livelihoods ruined by P1 wrecking their business whilst looking for Sanji.

All of that would be for nothing if Sanji didn't stay true to his word and reduced the enemy forces. P1 was beaten, and terribly I might add. His fate might be revealed when Sanji comes into conflict with Queen who sent P1 to apprehend Sanji in the first place.
Yep, agreed
I'd love to see the call back of P1 when queen talks about it to Sanji

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
It should be obvious by now that page one was defeated. P1 isn't important but we might see him again and then I think we will get a small flashback.

What I didn't like is Oda choose sanji using raid suit at that particular moment to finish P1 which kind of contradict his own desire not to use it.

Sanji going for RS was a bit early for me but then it's sanji we are talking about so I guess it can't be helped:milaugh:

It should be obvious by now that page one was defeated. P1 isn't important but we might see him again and then I think we will get a small flashback.

What I didn't like is Oda choose sanji using raid suit at that particular moment to finish P1 which kind of contradict his own desire not to use it.

Sanji going for RS was a bit early for me but then it's sanji we are talking about so I guess it can't be helped:milaugh:
It was totally uncalled for. If you want to make it stand for something, show him facing against a really strong opponent from the arc, him needing to actually beat that guy, and then admit to himself that without the suit he would not be able, and thus put the crew before his pride adn then use it. Would have been great, and everything people claim happened but never did, in the end it was played off as a joke or something.

If P1 really needed to get defeated quickly, fucking Law was right there.

It was totally uncalled for. If you want to make it stand for something, show him facing against a really strong opponent from the arc, him needing to actually beat that guy, and then admit to himself that without the suit he would not be able, and thus put the crew before his pride adn then use it. Would have been great, and everything people claim happened but never did, in the end it was played off as a joke or something.

If P1 really needed to get defeated quickly, fucking Law was right there.
Sanji never said that he would lose without the RS, it was implied that he would not be uninjured if he faced Page One and that he needed to beat him as quickly as possible because Law himself was wary of taking on those 3.