Speculations What if Luffy recruited Killer instead of Zoro?

Killer is one of my favorite characters. Smart, strong, great fighting style. Any captain would be happy to have him.

But seeing as Luffy never listens (Kidd actually does listen to a certain degree and doesn't always choose the most dangerous route) Killer would have died in Alabasta and that would have meant a lot of others would have died there as well.

Assuming the gap between killer and zoro during every single arc prior to wano is the same as the gap between current zoro and current killer

I'd say they could make it out until atleast thriller bark

The only part I'm not really sure about is Mr 1 given how his durability works differently from kaido's but I think he has a fair chance of defeating the likes of Kaku, although with way more difficulty than zoro

While Zoro pretty much is only a fighting force, without anything else bringing into the crew (which seems to be enough for alot of people), would Killer be way more usefull. He would analyze the enemies pretty fast, would bring them down lethaly and fast, wouldn’t get lost all the time...

Killer is kinda the strategic force Luffy is needing in his fights. With him, telling him some weaknesses or warning Luffy in time, Luffy would have way less problems in paradise and i think even after. Yes, Zoro is strong, but beside that, what does he have to offer to the strawhats, compared to Killer?
Zoro is the best right hand man Luffy could get. Even outside the crew, Zoro's ambition is monstrous, and as Mihawk pointed out, with Luffy, he has found an even greater ambition. To become the strongest in order to help Luffy succeed in his dream of becoming the Pirate King. Testament of it being Thriller Bark, where he gave up his ambition and took Luffy's damage.

So where exactly would Killer's "tactical abilities" be more useful and prevent the strawhats from the negative outcomes they faced? I don't recall an arc where Killer would be of more help.

Lmaao people saying "Killer is smart and would warn/analyze the enemy so Luffy doesnt get in trouble" so why tf Kidd pirates always get bodied or jump at fights that they cant win:milaugh:
the way ppl are wanking killer's "smartness and stuffs" it feels like dude is a giga brain playing 6D chess with OPverse
Post automatically merged:

We dont know when he learned that technique though.
so no point giving him the pass against Daz. not to mention even if he knew this ability pre-skip it doesnt mean he wins against Daz. Law had his df since his intro. he can damage insanely durable char like Kaido/BM...yet he couldnt defeat a pacifista alone preskip. heck he didnt do any of OP OP df shit we see postskip against the pacifista

growth is a thing. knowing a ability isnt insta win.

Killer's only hope is getting scaled from wano Zoro who back in alabasta managed to win against Daz barely. and Killer isnt even in pre-advCOC zoro's league in the 1st place

Last edited:
If in the next chapters Big Mom doesn't use advCoc attacks, it means that her main and powerful fighting style is with homies and her akuma no mi

BM Soru Soru > BM CoC atacks