Questions & Mysteries What is the fruit gorosei was talking about?...

Whose fruit it is

• Total voters
Tama- hers is the only fruit that really has a link to Zou that would make sense, and the way it’s framed the DF does have a link. Plus they wouldn’t be aware it was eaten since Tama is a nobody from an isolated country in the grand scheme of the world.

Or

Zou itself.

Just… don’t be Luffy. Please Oda.
it is definitely not Luffy fruit...Luffy fruit not even once hinted to be legendary.....

Tama- hers is the only fruit that really has a link to Zou that would make sense, and the way it’s framed the DF does have a link. Plus they wouldn’t be aware it was eaten since Tama is a nobody from an isolated country in the grand scheme of the world.

Or

Zou itself.

Just… don’t be Luffy. Please Oda.
I've posted this elsewhere too, but this SBS q&a is a bit reassuring in dispelling those fears

D: In the ONE PIECE of these days, all kinds of strong ability users whom even Luffy can't compete with have been appearing, one after the other. In general manga and anime, I feel that the protagonist is established to be the strongest of all, but why did you decide to turn Luffy into a pretty weak-looking rubber Devil Fruit user? P.N. Do your best Japan

O: Ahaha, that is true. It must seem like a mystery when you consider all the other strong and cool abilities. The answer is simple. I have picked the most ridiculous ability. If the protagonist were the typical strong guy, I doubt I could continue on with this for long. No matter how serious the story gets, Luffy is there to stretch and inflate. He always give me a chance to fool around. That's the kind of manga I wanted to write.

If a name change implies that its awakening wouldn't have rubber powers, then I don't see why it'll be Luffy. This question also came up in Vol 65, so its not like those early concepts in the story which Oda can just change on whim this late into the game.

I've posted this elsewhere too, but this SBS q&a is a bit reassuring in dispelling those fears

D: In the ONE PIECE of these days, all kinds of strong ability users whom even Luffy can't compete with have been appearing, one after the other. In general manga and anime, I feel that the protagonist is established to be the strongest of all, but why did you decide to turn Luffy into a pretty weak-looking rubber Devil Fruit user? P.N. Do your best Japan

O: Ahaha, that is true. It must seem like a mystery when you consider all the other strong and cool abilities. The answer is simple. I have picked the most ridiculous ability. If the protagonist were the typical strong guy, I doubt I could continue on with this for long. No matter how serious the story gets, Luffy is there to stretch and inflate. He always give me a chance to fool around. That's the kind of manga I wanted to write.
^^
@Garp the Fist

Besides, who's who getting jailed not to be taken much seriously as it was just a storyline Oda made to make Who's who has "personal" grudge against SH and Shanks....anyways Luffy fruit works like rubber and behaves like rubber...gomu means rubber...the name change doesn't change the property of the fruit afterall.....

Also, like I said in the introduction post...the WG may wanted to use gomu gomu to counter WB shock waves or giants experimentation....and DF in general are considered as the rarest of the treasures by WG...losing that is equivalent to losing the power that WG could have gotten their hands on....

Hope you guys are right.

I don’t have a problem with chosen one Luffy, I think that’s been obvious from Loguetown onward, but the Gomu Gomu being turned into something else would really stick in the craw. That Oda quote should mean that Oda won’t go that route- and tbh, given that Zou doesn’t have anything to do with it it really shouldn’t be him they’re talking about anyway.

The fruit Is a legend, so it is not a fruit that the WG had in their possession, e.g not Gomu Gomu, Uo Uo, or Ope Ope.

It can only be Otama for the simple reason of Otama's power being broadcasted through Onogashima for seemingly no reason but for Cipher Pol 0 to hear. E.g "That little girl just used some weird power to control all our gifters", CP0: Interesting....anyway... --> Chapter 1018.

The relation to Zunesha is obvious by the panelling, but the WG can't be talking about Zunesha directly since they aren't aware of him prior.

Last edited:
Did anyone thinking of the possibility that the devil fruit is completely irrelevant to anyone in the wano....

did you remember Blackbeard talking about the certain treasure that they do not want it to fall in blackbeard hands?....

The way i see it there are only 3 possibilities:
1- Gomu Gomu ( Highest chance).
2- Yamato's.
3- Tama's.

If we are told they had to change the fruits name, then we know the new name, hence the gomu gomu.

Edit: Toki's fruit also works somewhat.

Last edited:
Did anyone thinking of the possibility that the devil fruit is completely irrelevant to anyone in the wano....

did you remember Blackbeard talking about the certain treasure that they do not want it to fall in blackbeard hands?....

No, because we know how storytelling works.
Post automatically merged:

The way i see it there are only 3 possibilities:
1- Gomu Gomu ( Highest chance).
2- Yamato's.
3- Tama's.

If we are told they had to change the fruits name, then we know the new name, hence the gomu gomu.
Gomu Gomu is the lowest chance. "That fruit is a legend to us now" =/= "oh yeah we had it like 12 years ago." Heck, Chopper has larger chance than anyone on the crew.

The trio who faced Kaido as main actors, Luffy, Momo and Yamato, two of them already hear and speak with Zunisha, Yamato as one of the Momotaru group could be linked to Zunisha too. And it also make sense.

Her df was very important for Kaido,he didn't even want that Yamato would eat it. Means the df was a very unique thing which Kaido got. And she fits in the describt from the Gorosei, she has a unique df, she couldn't used it for years and only used it during the raid, which implied that one of the CP0 witness her power and report it.

It also make sense, the Gorosei got the news of that df only right now in the chapter, the CP0 already know Tama power 1-2hours ago yet the report about the df came now first? The time where the report came to the Gorosei fits to the time when Yamato used his df for the firsttime. She is also strong enough to have a awakened df,not like Tama.

If I think about it,Yamato make right now the most sense.