General & Others What is the point of Wano?

The length makes little sense, cause Oda unnecessary furthered a plot that didn't necessarily need so. It was an useless add imo.

The arc itself however holds a massive significance in that it represents a clear rupture in the world. And also personal growth for the SHs.
I mean the length DOES make sense. It's because he added way too many characters. WHY he added so many characters is what doesn't make sense lol

theyre all good characters lol. id rather see these guys than the side cast in dressrosa and i loved dressrosa
I personally agree to an extent. I think things like BM or Peros or Marco or the F6 certainly add flavor to the arc, especially cause the characters were pretty fun, but some of them were nearly pointless.

-P1/Jack were basically fodder at this point. The rest of the F6 served their purpose, that's fine. These 2 were sort of screwed. Jack less so so because he at least served his purpose with 1026.

- So far, 3 of the 9 (Asura, Kawamatsu, Denjiro) scabbards havent done much in the grand context of the Wano plot. Surely they might, especially Denjiro who has been missing for 20 chapters.

- Several characters, namely Apoo and Drake, often feel tacked on (so far) and haven't been seen in a long time.

- The Numbers were pointless (so far)

- CP-0 plot? Now a thing

- BMP? Useless (so far).

I stress "so far" because if any of the above pay off in the end, I'm fine with arc length. A lot of it hasn't yet so I can't really judge beyond finding the length of the arc...interesting. Like we still have unresolved plot points with characters like Tengu, Toko, Tsuru, etc. Surely they are far more interesting tertiary characters than DR, its just a lot and we aren't even remotely done with the raid lol

But I'll wait to judge the final product. There's a lot to go still...

Last edited:
three best arcs in the series, sales still at the top of the charts, i think you guys are just yamato-level retarded
Post automatically merged:

lmao bungo stray dogs. empty childish "edgy" crap for 14 year olds lmao. shit like that is more for little kids than anything

Bskshsgs

Hsishsgs

Gsosjsvsjssishsbsh

sbsosksnsjsksbsjsjsdhdhhd

BSD >>>> One Piece

Bye

:suresure:Oda defenders quickly get triggered,

OP has been trash post TS.
Keep on waiting to find your treazuersss, only @minamoto knows what it is, even Oda is unaware of it.

Nooo don't say this arc bad cuz my mangaka GOAT pls nooooo:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:
I mean, I was calling Queen and King as clowns from the very begining, and I was right. In the end Queen shoot in himself. Everyone in Wano deserved clowns red nose and blue hair including Kaido. All those characters are real jokes...there is zero danger. Zero. And more to that all of them became dumb aff. Kuro, Arlong, Kriegg, Crocodile was more dangerous that this circus.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I mean, I was calling Queen and King as clowns from the very begining, and I was right. In the end Queen shoot in himself. Everyone in Wano deserved clowns red nose and blue hair including Kaido. All those characters are real jokes...there is zero danger. Zero. And more to that all of them became dumb aff. Kuro, Arlong, Kriegg, Crocodile was more dangerous that this circus.
I was done with beliving in the tension when Raid started. Fucking kid running around battlefield changing enemies into slaves with some kibi dango.

Or Nami staying alive after Ulti's headbutts.

I was done with beliving in the tension when Raid started. Fucking kid running around battlefield changing enemies into slaves with some kibi dango.

Or Nami staying alive after Ulti's headbutts.
Yep,character that never showed great durability being alive without any explanation. More to that headbuts happened off screen. Idk Nami right now has worst writing ever...well ok, not worst...Chopper is still there, and Brook who done nothing whole raid, or Franky who was stronger then Sasaki in base...without anything.
This is another part that I personally hate in Wano.
We got like 40 or more chapters of fighting fodders and skipped SH fights. Zero development. Maybe in anime it will look nice, but if that happen that will never mean that all that Oda planned. Lolda turn Wano into shitty circus.
Idk how people could defend that.

Originally it was to get one yonko out of the pirate King race, knowing that they were the closest to it.
Now they even have the possibility to get rid of 2 yonko (not sure it will happen).
Oda just threw in a few more reasons with the samurai plot, kozuki shit, scabbards plot, etc...
They'll get another road poneglyph at the end anyway so it's perfect for the straw hats

Yep,character that never showed great durability being alive without any explanation. More to that headbuts happened off screen. Idk Nami right now has worst writing ever...well ok, not worst...Chopper is still there, and Brook who done nothing whole raid, or Franky who was stronger then Sasaki in base...without anything.
This is another part that I personally hate in Wano.
We got like 40 or more chapters of fighting fodders and skipped SH fights. Zero development. Maybe in anime it will look nice, but if that happen that will never mean that all that Oda planned. Lolda turn Wano into shitty circus.
Idk how people could defend that.
More than 90% of this hype is created by the OP YouTubers and theory makers. There are 1000+ theories for all of the plots and mysteries.
I have doubts that these YTs get paid by Shonen Jump, just like mobile companies pay the reviewers. :few:

Bskshsgs

Hsishsgs

Gsosjsvsjssishsbsh

sbsosksnsjsksbsjsjsdhdhhd

BSD >>>> One Piece

Bye

:suresure:Oda defenders quickly get triggered,

OP has been trash post TS.
Keep on waiting to find your treazuersss, only @minamoto knows what it is, even Oda is unaware of it.
One Piece's problems have been consistent pretty much since the beginning. The difference is people have massive nostalgia goggles for pre-timeskip. People no joke complained about the same shit:

- CP-9 arc too long
- WTF random power ups?!?!
- Too many characters
- EVERYBODY survived!
- Wow Usopp got fucked over
- Spandam is such a waste of a villain
- etc etc.

I bet you money 90% of this forum wasn't around for Thriller Bark, where people shat on the arc UNTIL the Zoro vs Ryuuma and subsequently the Oars fight. A lot of people did not like Moria as a followup to Lucci.

This is why I find current complaints baffling, they aren't new. The only "true" difference between pre-Marineford and post (no, not pre/post timeskip, the manga changed starting around Sabaody) is that Oda decided to start focusing on the LARGER world of OP. And ironically, people say Marineford is peak one piece when it is the literal king of offscreening fights for a narrative purpose lol

He introduced Supernova, showed us 3 new locations in the span of 35 chapters, had a full war with a TON of new characters in the span of 30, separated the crew and only focused on Luffy and Ace, etc.

Like I've always said, the series is far better on rereads, and most people here have read older arcs via binging and were not reading the series weekly back in 2005.

Last edited:
One Piece's problems have been consistent pretty much since the beginning. The difference is people have massive nostalgia goggles for people pre-timeskip. People no joke complained about the same shit:

- CP-9 arc too long
- WTF random power ups?!?!
- Too many characters
- EVERYBODY survived!
- Wow Usopp got fucked over
- Spandam is such a waste of a villain
- etc etc.

I bet you money 90% of this forum wasn't around for Thriller Bark, where people shat on the arc UNTIL the Zoro vs Ryuuma and subsequently the Oars fight. A lot of people did not like Moria as a followup to Lucci.

This is why I find current complaints baffling, they aren't new. The only "true" difference between pre-Marineford and post (no, not pre/post timeskip, the manga changed starting around Sabaody) is that Oda decided to start focusing on the LARGER world of OP. And ironically, people say Marineford is peak one piece when it is the literal king of offscreening fights for a narrative purpose lol

He introduced Supernova, showed us 3 new locations in the span of 35 chapters, had a full war with a TON of new characters in the span of 30, separated the crew and only focused on Luffy and Ace, etc.

Like I've always said, the series is far better on rereads, and most people here have read older arcs via binging and were not reading the series back in 2005.
When did Oda skipped SH fights there?
When did villains of Lucci lvl was threwn like a trash and lose their memory?
When did scrubs made Lucci scream in agony?

I mean you was able to compare WCI to Ennies lobby beforee in ended like that, but right now we have dogshit arc.

When did Oda skipped SH fights there?
When did villains of Lucci lvl was threwn like a trash and lose their memory?
When did scrubs made Lucci scream in agony?

I mean you was able to compare WCI to Ennies lobby beforee in ended like that, but right now we have dogshit arc.
- He didn't skip strawhat fights here either lol. He offscreened non-strawhat fights. He did the same in Enies Lobby regarding Baskerville any menial enemy that the alliance fought.

- Big Mom isn't the main villain, Kaido is

- Does it matter? Kaido beat them all.

- WCI is not better than Wano lmao