General & Others What is the point of Wano?

Oda had been kidnapped since 2011. Now that he has been found and rescued but he still needs time to recover his health. That's why the back up writer needs to write a long ass filler arc until Oda completely recovers.

Pretty obvious .
The case back in 2014 where he supposedly had a tonsil operation is a clear cut off.

Just look at this and tell me it is the same person

Can the new Oda visualize things as well as that back in W7?! It is one thing to say an author lost his way in writing a story? But so much difference in art as well?

Brook backstory
With just a simple panel he gave you the whole story of Brook and how he felt in his 50 alone years

Want another one peak panel from that era ?

Where did the simplicity that tells you so much go ?now "he " needs to cluster every single panel.

Then give me the info dump that Wan provided. What is the info dump that we got in Wano?
Here is some quick information from Wano:

1. Oden's entire character

2. Luffy's DF

3. CP0's involvement

4. The ENTIRE country of Wano

5. Kaido and his DF

6. King and Lunarians

7. Haki (CoC and ACoA)

8. Judges experiments (Sanji's PU's)

9. Scabbards and their connection to Oden

10. Orochi and his successful treachery

Not all the information provided is completely comprehensive as Wano isn't finished but these are 10 easy points that I came up with from the top of my head. Unless you are blind, I'm not sure how you could miss all of this.

Here is some quick information from Wano:

1. Oden's entire character

2. Luffy's DF

3. CP0's involvement

4. The ENTIRE country of Wano

5. Kaido and his DF

6. King and Lunarians

7. Haki (CoC and ACoA)

8. Judges experiments (Sanji's PU's)

9. Scabbards and their connection to Oden

10. Orochi and his successful treachery

Not all the information provided is completely comprehensive as Wano isn't finished but these are 10 easy points that I came up with from the top of my head. Unless you are blind, I'm not sure how you could miss all of this.
Oden chracter is NOT an info dump! Oden is a side character of a subplot within Wano! Wtf?

CP0's involvemtn is NOT an info dump! It is a subplot within Wano!

Luffy's devil fruit is NOT an info dump!

I am done. Not going to read the rest of your dumb post. My god the level of stupidity among the cult fanboy fanbase of Goda is beyond ridiculous. You don't even know the difference between an info dump that is central to the story like void century, to that of a subplot that only pertains to the arc? LMFAO!

Last edited:
Oden chracter is NOT an info dump! Oden is a side character of a subplot within Wano! Wtf?

CP0's involvemtn is NOT an info dump! It is a subplot within Wano!

Luffy's devil fruit is NOT an info dump!

I am done. Not going to read the rest of your dumb post. My god the level of stupidity among the cult fanboy fanbase of Goda is beyond ridiculous. You don't even know the difference between an info dump that is central to the story like void century, to that of a subplot that only pertains to the subplot of the arc? LMFAO!
Man, reading your statement caused me to physically cringe. You're right, a central or sub plot isn't an info dump, but that doesn't mean it can't contain information.

Well, since you didn't actually read Wano, I guess that's understandable.

Funny you assume I'm part of the 'cult fanboy fanbase of Goda' when all I did was call you out on your nonsensical slander.

You parade around shitting on Wano for apparently the lack of an info dump when you haven't even bothered to focus on the information given.

If you hate One Piece this much don't read it. there's a fundamental difference between criticizing something and providing a solution, than blatantly hating on something by regurgitating the same dull talking points. Currently, you are doing the latter.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Pretty obvious .
The case back in 2014 where he supposedly had a tonsil operation is a clear cut off.

Just look at this and tell me it is the same person

Can the new Oda visualize things as well as that back in W7?! It is one thing to say an author lost his way in writing a story? But so much difference in art as well?

Brook backstory
With just a simple panel he gave you the whole story of Brook and how he felt in his 50 alone years

Want another one peak panel from that era ?

Where did the simplicity that tells you so much go ?now "he " needs to cluster every single panel.
Facts, this bothers me more than anything about current day One Piece.

It's a clusterfuck, everything flowed so cleanly back then. Oda did more talking with his art, it's lifeless nowadays.

Wano bears its fallacies and controversies such as the Oden Flashback partially and more generically the unnecessary overplotting in some fragments.

This arc is a masterpiece still. Aside from its landscapes it constitutes the expansion of the SHs in the Grand Scheme, it's a real twisting point for our guys also from a power level perspective. Although not for all SHs sadly.

It's also Zoro finally standing at the center of an arc and Luffy as well and other SHs too to some extent.

Also the story moves on since a new Road Poneglyph will be found it seems.

Man, reading your statement caused me to physically cringe. You're right, a central or sub plot isn't an info dump, but that doesn't mean it can't contain information.

Well, since you didn't actually read Wano, I guess that's understandable.

Funny you assume I'm part of the 'cult fanboy fanbase of Goda' when all I did was call you out on your nonsensical slander.

You parade around shitting on Wano for apparently the lack of an info dump when you haven't even bothered to focus on the information given.

If you hate One Piece this much don't read it. there's a fundamental difference between criticizing something and providing a solution, than blatantly hating on something by regurgitating the same dull talking points. Currently, you are doing the latter.
And yet you are on my thread commenting. You know there is an ignore feature right? If you don't like my threads IRGNORE ME!

"If you hate One Piece this much don't read it" LMFAO the go to line for every one piece cult fanboy.

And yet you are on my thread commenting. You know there is an ignore feature right? If you don't like my threads IRGNORE ME!
I don't ignore people since I like to see all opinions; even atrocious ones.

"If you hate One Piece this much don't read it" LMFAO the go to line for every one piece cult fanboy.
Nope, just pointing out that if you truly hate One Piece, the shelf is there.

That is EVERY fanboy response. Search on this forum "If you don't like One Piece then drop it" and you are going to get 100k response. That is all you guys can say. Instead of actually arguing the merits of the criticism yall always deflect and say "if you dont like it drop it"!
That's rich coming from you. Weren't you just talking about how the only thing you got from Wano was the name Laughtale? Not to mention your signature is 'Fuckk Wano arc..' Enlightening criticism on your part...

Or if you guys do decide to argue you guys take the whole premise out of context which is exactly what you did here by giving a stupid list of things that has nothing to do with what I claimed.
Hmmm...I wonder why I provided a list of things that had nothing to do with what you claimed...
Then give me the info dump that Wan provided. What is the info dump that we got in Wano?
You're trolling is rather silly; at least try not to contradict yourself.

That's rich coming from you. Weren't you just talking about how the only thing you got from Wano was the name Laughtale? Not to mention your signature is 'Fuckk Wano arc..' Enlightening criticism on your part...
Me dropping one piece or not dropping one piece is none of your business my guy! Argue the criticisms, not the person! If you don't want to do that then fuck off my thread.

Hmmm...I wonder why I provided a list of things that had nothing to do with what you claimed...
I already explained it to you!

Go look at my list and look at how I SPECIFICALLY made sure to highlight the info dump that is CENTRAL to the actual story of One Piece which are:

1. Robin flashback that gave us the void century
2. World government.
3. Garp and Dragon being related to Luffy.
4. Ancient Weapon.

Every list that I provided with the exception of the "usopp crew drama" is an info dump related to the actual CENTRAL part of the story.

Now look at your list:

1. Scabbards and their connection to Oden
2. Orochi and his successful treachery

Has absolutely nothing to do with the central part of the story of One Piece. Those are filler subplots that is specific to Wano alone and only meant to extend the series as long as possible. Those are not info dumps.

Where are the info dump of the Void Century, Ancient Weapons, World Govenrment involvement of the void century, etc why introduce Toki who is from the void century and then toss her aside for 120 chapters?

That is the context of my argument! Not some stupid filler subplot of Oden or King that Oda decided to create out his ass all of a sudden. It is real striking that you fanboys don't know how to differentiate the two.

We have heard your view point ; what is the point of bringing the same thing again and again?

Oda is making a lot of money so he is fine ; most of one piece fan base is positive about oda's take and a small % like you is not happy with anything oda does ; you making threads like this don't serve any purpose at the end :kayneshrug:

We have heard your view point ; what is the point of bringing the same thing again and again?

Oda is making a lot of money so he is fine ; most of one piece fan base is positive about oda's take and a small % like you is not happy with anything oda does ; you making threads like this don't serve any purpose at the end :kayneshrug:
My guy MonsterKaido, ignore me dude if you don't like my threads! It is that easy. If you don't like my threads there is an ignore feature and yet yall don't want to use it so instead yall want to censor me like how yall be censoring users on Reddit? Wtf? Lmfao!

Me dropping one piece or not dropping one piece is none of your business my guy! Argue the criticisms, not the person! If you don't want to do that then fuck off my thread.
How I'm I arguing about you? Seems like I struck a nerve. I'm pointing out your faulty and void criticisms about Wano. No need to get so defensive over my trivial points.

I already explained it to you!

Go look at my list and look at how I SPECIFICALLY made sure to highlight the info dump that is CENTRAL to the actual story of One Piece which are:

1. Robin flashback that gave us the void century
2. World government.
3. Garp and Dragon being related to Luffy.
4. Ancient Weapon.

Every list that I provided with the exception of the "usopp crew drama" is an info dump related to the actual CENTRAL part of the story.

Now look at your list:

1. Scabbards and their connection to Oden
2. Orochi and his successful treachery

Has absolutely nothing to do with the central part of the story of One Piece. Those are filler subplots that is specific to Wano alone and only meant to extend the series as long as possible. Those are not info dumps.

Where are the info dump of the Void Century, Ancient Weapons, World Govenrment involvement of the void century, etc why introduce Toki who is from the void century and then toss her aside for 120 chapters?

That is the context of my argument! Not some stupid filler subplot of Oden or King that Oda decided to create out his ass all of a sudden. It is real striking that you fanboys don't know how to differentiate the two.
Just because the information in Wano is not part of your 'central' list, does not make it any less important. The context Wano provides is necessary for understanding past/current/future events and revelations. Not everything Oda informs us about has to do directly with the void century or the WG. I mean, that's the entire point of worldbuilding.

Not my fault you have such a narrow view for a series that has been running for 20 years...maybe lower your expectations?

My guy MonsterKaido, ignore me dude if you don't like my threads! It is that easy. If you don't like my threads there is an ignore feature and yet yall don't want to use it so instead yall want to censor me like how yall be censoring users on Reddit? Wtf? Lmfao!
Bruh you create a lot of threads and I am talking for your own good ; obvi there are lot of stupid things oda does and lots of things I don't like about how oda handles them but at the end its his manga and he can do what ever he can :kayneshrug:

Dude, wtf? Are you comparing a SAGA to an individual arc? The CP9 saga which was Ennies Lobby and Water 7 lasted 109 chapters! The Wano saga which is Punk Hazard, Zou, Dressrosa and Wano is over 300+ chapters! You aren't even arguing in good faith. Wtf?? So 300 is now more than 109??
No, fuck off. Your thread title is ABOUT Wano and it being 120 chapters. Saga is not a thing in Japan, they are all story arcs. It's a made up western idea. CP9 is comprised of all the same characters. Punk Hazard, DR, Zou, WCI and Wano do not.

Not responding to the rest of your garbage, goalpost of a response

Last edited:
No, fuck off. Your thread title is ABOUT Wano and it being 120 chapters. Saga is not a thing in Japan, they are all story arcs. It's a made up western idea. CP9 is comprised of all the same characters. Punk Hazard, DR, Zou, WCI and Wano do no.

Not responding to the rest of your garbage, goalpost of a response
And here goes the fanboy creating his own version of the argument. My guy YOU are the one that insisted on talking about SAGAs by introducing Water 7 into the whole CP9 arc. Like how dishonest are you fanboys? You guys have no argument so you guys argue in bad faith.

Is it taking more than it should? Yes
Was it necessary for Oda to add soo many fucking useless characters and focus soo much on them? no
Is wano even with all that STILL the most important arc since the TS? Yes

Make no mistake, this is the arc where yonkos go down and with them the old generation of pirates, giving way to the new. The winner gets almost all of the road poneglyphs that lead to laugh tale, not to mention Robin who is the only person that knows how to read them, its a battle that will not only decide what happens to Wano, but to decide the future PK.