Character Discussion What is Yamato's Devil Fruit?

What's Yamato's Devil Fruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because she didn't fly away from Onigashima with Momonosuke?

I think this is a good argument, but it could also be that Oda didn't want to reveal her Devil Fruit in such an underwhelming fashion. He's done dumber stuff with Zoans before (see how Jack would rather have died against the Sulong Dukes than use his Hybrid Form).

A T-Rex is ineligible IMO:
  • It doesn't fit the teeth profile.
  • It's not epic enough.
    • Sasaki wouldn't be shitting his pants at a mere T-Rex giving his own DF.
    • A T-Rex isn't that much better than e.g. Drake's Devil Fruit. Yamato's Devil Fruit is the absolute best that Kaido could procure.
    • I can't imagine Oda being so coy with Yamato's Devil Fruit if it's a mere T-Rex.
A tyrannosaurus absolutely poses a threat to a triceratops, but in any case that's not so relevant. I mean a white tiger would never win against a triceratops in nature, right? Sasaki is going to shit his pants if the actual user is strong enough to beat his ass. Just like koala would destroy bison if we went by user.

I think the only thing that kills the theory is the tooth profile, assuming that was a real hint.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
A tyrannosaurus absolutely poses a threat to a triceratops, but in any case that's not so relevant. I mean a white tiger would never win against a triceratops in nature, right?
No, the White Tiger is a Mythical Zoan (Byakko), not a normal White Tiger:

Byakko would destroy a triceratops.

Sasaki is going to shit his pants if the actual user is strong enough to beat his ass. Just like koala would destroy bison if we went by user.
Nah, Sasaki was confident handling Yamato while she was in Base:

When she began to transform, he shit his pants:

It's her Devil Fruit that terrified him and not her raw ability. He may not even know what her Devil Fruit is. If he knew what he Devil Fruit was, then he probably would never have thought he could beat her.

He may have sensed her power level rising through COO.

I think the only thing that kills the theory is the tooth profile, assuming that was a real hint.
  • The teeth profile
    • I don't see how it could be anything but a DF hint.
  • Oda saving her DF for a special reveal
    • Is a Tyrannosaurus Rex special enough to merit that?
  • Her DF is the best DF Kaido could procure
    • Is a Tyrannosaurus Rex that much better than the DFs the Calamities and Tobi Roppo have?

No, the White Tiger is a Mythical Zoan (Byakko), not a normal White Tiger:

Byakko would destroy a triceratops.

Nah, Sasaki was confident handling Yamato while she was in Base:

When she began to transform, he shit his pants:

It's her Devil Fruit that terrified him and not her raw ability. He may not even know what her Devil Fruit is. If he knew what he Devil Fruit was, then he probably would never have thought he could beat her.

He may have sensed her power level rising through COO.

• The teeth profile
    • I don't see how it could be anything but a DF hint.
  • Oda saving her DF for a special reveal
    • Is a Tyrannosaurus Rex special enough to merit that?
  • Her DF is the best DF Kaido could procure
    • Is a Tyrannosaurus Rex that much better than the DFs the Calamities and Tobi Roppo have?
He was confident in her being a target dummy... moment she displayed any semblance of attacking him etc... he figuratively shit his pants.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
He was confident in her being a target dummy... moment she displayed any semblance of attacking him etc... he figuratively shit his pants.
I think Base Yamato > Jack, so I don't think Sasaki could have handled her even without her DF.

It's simply that her hinting at her DF had him terrified. If he doesn't know what her DF is, then I'm guessing that he sensed her power level rising drastically.

I think Base Yamato > Jack, so I don't think Sasaki could have handled her even without her DF.

It's simply that her hinting at her DF had him terrified. If he doesn't know what her DF is, then I'm guessing that he sensed her power level rising drastically.
I think base Yamato equal to King.
I agree Sasaki had no real chance against her if a real fight, he was with his crew and she was defending... Her going to her DF did terrify him... I like this. I also agree with all that.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I think base Yamato equal to King.
I agree Sasaki had no real chance against her if a real fight, he was with his crew and she was defending... Her going to her DF did terrify him... I like this. I also agree with all that.
I wouldn't place Base Yamato as high as King TBH. Like she might end up being that strong, but her current feats don't warrant it.

If she shows Advanced COC (something I'm hoping for), we can discuss this.

What fruit is this?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I think White Tiger is most likely still, but I do have a pet theory about him being a white dragonhorse, to fit with the theories about the parallels between One Piece and Journey To The West
Krilin/Qilin?

@TheAncientCenturion: can you please add it to the poll?

If Oda is saving Yamato's DF reveal for a confrontation with Kaido, then I think Byakko is the most likely. It's the most fitting DF to reveal in such a fight.

After Byakko, then I'd guess a Western Dragon (two Dragons of different types).

I’m hoping: ancient mutt mutt fruit dire Wolf.

Seems the most fitting for her character, not world breaking like a fruit akin to kaidos so their actual journey would be interesting, and fits the theme of the beast pirates.

I also read a theory that Yamato’s transformation wasn’t to an animal but just a reversion to their true form as a failed recreation of an oni vegapunk tried to create with Kaidos DNA. (The oni mask Yamato wore also had protruding top teeth and smaller bottom teeth)

I want it to be Byakko and ill bet it will be. That would be so bad ass and such a great matchup between Byakko and Azure Dragon. I'm in love with this mythology stuff.
The problem is Kaido isn’t Yamato’s villain to defeat. Hes Luffys. I know Yamato wants to fight Luffy but many times did the new addition want to fight or take out an arcs big bad (chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook) none of which got to. Yamato probably won’t be any different so giving them the natural enemy of Kaido devil fruit seems wrong