Character Discussion What is Yamato's Devil Fruit?

What's Yamato's Devil Fruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Voted white tiger. Hard to believe that Kaido being the captain of a crew full of zoan users would give his only kid anything less then a mythical zoan. Honestly, anyhting other then a mythical type zoan would be underwhelming and disappointing.
I could also see a nue, but that is a distant second guess, more becuase of the color scheme of yamato and that we have seen how a nue would look and it would fit her color scheme since we have already seen how oda designed a nue.
If I would take several guesses I would say.
1 Mythical white tiger (byakko) by far

2 Nue
3 Kirin
I don't think non canon Devil Fruits have ever been used in canon.

IMO, it's White Tiger and after that Western Dragon.

My heuristic is "Mythical Zoan that has some relationship to Kaido's Azure Dragon".

Byakko directly opposes Seiryu.

A Western Dragon would signify how Yamato is very much alike (e.g. exact same fighting style, similar weapons) yet still different from Kaido (e.g. her Kanabo lacks the spikes).

It probably is the Byakko, but I like to be different, so I'll bring in another guess:

Some type of bear.
Besides the relation between White Tiger and Azure Dragon, there is also one between bears and fish (which is Kaido's actual devil fruit). That connection being the folktale of Kintaro in which the titular character is often fighting and/or befriending fishes and bears.
In a historical sense, there's also Yamato Takeru who assassinated the leader of the as bear-like people described Kumaso tribe... while being disguised as a woman.
It's always hard to make theories based on superficial stuff like that, but I like those connections.

If we talk about what specific Bear-Zoan it would be... that's not easy. I agree that it should be Mythical, but there's not many possibilities. The most likely one would be the Onikuma, but more because of the "oni" part in the name than anything else. I couldn't find much info on that as well.

But that's it. Just wanted to add another unlikely option.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
It probably is the Byakko, but I like to be different, so I'll bring in another guess:

Some type of bear.
Besides the relation between White Tiger and Azure Dragon, there is also one between bears and fish (which is Kaido's actual devil fruit). That connection being the folktale of Kintaro in which the titular character is often fighting and/or befriending fishes and bears.
In a historical sense, there's also Yamato Takeru who assassinated the leader of the as bear-like people described Kumaso tribe... while being disguised as a woman.
It's always hard to make theories based on superficial stuff like that, but I like those connections.

If we talk about what specific Bear-Zoan it would be... that's not easy. I agree that it should be Mythical, but there's not many possibilities. The most likely one would be the Onikuma, but more because of the "oni" part in the name than anything else. I couldn't find much info on that as well.

But that's it. Just wanted to add another unlikely option.
Well as you said it's unlikely. But aside from that, I don't think that Kaido's devil fruit being a member of the fish family is relevant. The model of the Devil Fruit is "Azure Dragon", and I think that's the only thing that matters.

Calling Kaido's Devil Fruit a fish would be like calling Queen's Devil Fruit a dragon.

A Mythical Devil Fruit with some sort of relationship to/parallels with the Azure Dragon is where we should be searching IMO.

Well as you said it's unlikely. But aside from that, I don't think that Kaido's devil fruit being a member of the fish family is relevant. The model of the Devil Fruit is "Azure Dragon", and I think that's the only thing that matters.

Calling Kaido's Devil Fruit a fish would be like calling Queen's Devil Fruit a dragon.

A Mythical Devil Fruit with some sort of relationship to/parallels with the Azure Dragon is where we should be searching IMO.
I know, I just don't want to limit myself. Because if we go by the most specific thing, then the Byakko really is the only logical option, considering the Tiger vs Dragon trope. And then speculating would be nonsense.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I know, I just don't want to limit myself. Because if we go by the most specific thing, then the Byakko really is the only logical option, considering the Tiger vs Dragon trope. And then speculating would be nonsense.
I think a Western Dragon is also an option if Oda wants to avoid the Tiger vs Dragon trope. Yamato also has knowledge of dragons, so it could work.

In 996 chapter, Yamato was probably trying to transform into something else. It's been speculated, that he could be a DF user. Most of Beast Pirate's are Zoan's, so it's plausible to assume that Yamato is to. I think that Yamato might Neko Neko no mi, model Byakko. It fits with Kaido being Seiryu. Although, there are quite to many mythical df user's already.

In 996 chapter, Yamato was probably trying to transform into something else. It's been speculated, that he could be a DF user. Most of Beast Pirate's are Zoan's, so it's plausible to assume that Yamato is to. I think that Yamato might Neko Neko no mi, model Byakko. It fits with Kaido being Seiryu. Although, there are quite to many mythical df user's already.
If she has it, I would say it would have to be either ancient or mythical zoan type.
If she has a mythical zoan type, that would put her around King's level imo.
@Cinera your thoughts?

She most likely should have a DF, considering that Kaido has been feeding every single one of his soldiers some type of DF.
It would be surprising if he doesn't force feed Yamato a powerful DF when she was young.

Alot of people speculate he will have the White Tiger fruit but knowing Oda that will more than likely not be the case. And as you said it’s not way too many Mythical Zoans running around, for a fruit that’s even more rare than logia fruits that would be weird, not that it matters because Oda has a compete disregard for his franchise and handouts ancient zoans and coc to everyone and their mom.

Yamato will be mythical I can already see it, Kaido would save the best fruits for his child ofc but not the White Tiger

So far there are only phΕ“nix, dragon, ninetails, Buddha. Thats only 4, i think it will still stay rare if we add one more.

oda said in last sbs yamato favorite food is oden and raw salmon. cartoons use to show cats eating fishes and bears eat salmon. maybe it is a hint

but i prefer anything instead of byakko because everyone first guess is that so it is too obvious. i also think sasaki was too shocked for the transformation to be just a DF

all signs pointing out to Byakko but im honestly not gonna try my luck with Oda.
With all-black design, angel-like wings and radiant flames shining from his back, ppl were speculating King's gonna be a mythical zoan. turns out he's an ancient pteranodon :pepeke: hopefully Oda goes all out for Yamato and gives what the fans want lmao

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
If she has a mythical zoan type, that would put her around King's level imo.
@Cinera your thoughts?
  • Yamato has a Mythical Zoan (>= 80%).
  • Yamato's Devil Fruit is the Byakko in particular (>= 60%).
  • Yamato is stronger than King (>= 60%).

but i prefer anything instead of byakko because everyone first guess is that so it is too obvious.
Orochi's DF was just as obvious and yet Oda went with it.
Kaido's DF was similarly obvious and Oda went with it.

Byakko is thematically fitting. Oda is not going to discard a major theme of Yamato's character arc because it's "obvious".

i also think sasaki was too shocked for the transformation to be just a DF
Her DF is simply that powerful.

all signs pointing out to Byakko but im honestly not gonna try my luck with Oda.
With all-black design, angel-like wings and radiant flames shining from his back, ppl were speculating King's gonna be a mythical zoan. turns out he's an ancient pteranodon :pepeke: hopefully Oda goes all out for Yamato and gives what the fans want lmao
I’m thinking he’ll go with the mutt mutt fruit dire Wolf if she has a fruit.

Wolves most well know for howling at the moon - Yamato’s most well known for her love of the Kozuki (moon imagery)

Although personally if she’s going to be a straw hats I hope she’s just a monster. Idk a zoan devil fruit just seems to tame for the straw hats. All of them are incredibly unique with their abilities so just having a Zoan (mythical or ancient) would feel pretty vanilla compared to the cyborg/skeleton/reindeer.