What series are you watching ?

Been burning through a bunch of old shows or ones with a lot of seasons just to have something on while I’m working or cleaning, and I remember liking the first few seasons a long time ago…but man, I can’t think of another series that just spins its wheels as often or as long as this shit. You get to a point where every episode is exactly the same - Stan does something shitty to Francine and tries to make it up to her; Hayley and/or Steve get into some weird shit they’ve never mentioned before and never bring up again; Roger does some insufferable persona solely based on delivering a variety of unfunny gay jokes; Klaus does and says cringy shit nobody else acknowledges; Principal Lewis or Tuttle show up when the episode is dragging, so they’re literally ALWAYS around spouting non-sequiturs; there’s usually a song or two so we can remember that Seth McFarlane is the most talented man to ever grace TBS or Fox’s Sunday night lineup. God DAMN, I regret wasting the last three months on this…
How is it compared to Family Guy ? Which one is the worst of the two ?

One of the funniest shows ever created, the acting was perfect and the writing was as brilliant as it was filthy…this is in my top 3 all-time comedies, only Sunny and possibly Scrubs are ahead of it :goyea:
The whole cast is amazingly talented. It’s a show where I really need to pay attention because of how fast paced it is and because how well the jokes are written and delivered. I am so invested in these characters. Like you I also love Sunny because I really love my comedies where people are just awful human beings. It’s a form of escapism for me because I feel terrible if I think about being rude to people.

Anyways sorry about my late reply. Life has been busy but I should have replied sooner.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The whole cast is amazingly talented. It’s a show where I really need to pay attention because of how fast paced it is and because how well the jokes are written and delivered. I am so invested in these characters. Like you I also love Sunny because I really love my comedies where people are just awful human beings. It’s a form of escapism for me because I feel terrible if I think about being rude to people.

Anyways sorry about my late reply. Life has been busy but I should have replied sooner.
Definitely my favorite style of comedy as well, although for me it’s more about living vicariously through these monsters…if not for the influence of several friends and relatives who are inherently more polite, I’d be just as much of an asshole to everybody as Selina, Dan, or anybody in the IASIP Gang :kidsmile:

In a similar vein, have you ever watched I Think You Should Leave? The third seasons comes out at the end of next month, the first two are on Netflix, and Tim Robinson (the creator and writer) steals every single scene by playing characters who refuse to admit they’re wrong under any circumstances; based on what you said above, seems like it’d be right up your alley :akaman:

Definitely my favorite style of comedy as well, although for me it’s more about living vicariously through these monsters…if not for the influence of several friends and relatives who are inherently more polite, I’d be just as much of an asshole to everybody as Selina, Dan, or anybody in the IASIP Gang :kidsmile:

In a similar vein, have you ever watched I Think You Should Leave? The third seasons comes out at the end of next month, the first two are on Netflix, and Tim Robinson (the creator and writer) steals every single scene by playing characters who refuse to admit they’re wrong under any circumstances; based on what you said above, seems like it’d be right up your alley :akaman:
No, I haven’t seen I Think You Should Leave? But it sounds awesome! Another good show about awful people is Difficult People, which is on Hulu. The creator and main stars are Jewish, so they poke fun at a lot of Jewish stereotypes. It may be something you would like. Plus Difficult People has Lola the self proclaimed “trans truther.”

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
No, I haven’t seen I Think You Should Leave? But it sounds awesome! Another good show about awful people is Difficult People, which is on Hulu. The creator and main stars are Jewish, so they poke fun at a lot of Jewish stereotypes. It may be something you would like. Plus Difficult People has Lola the self proclaimed “trans truther.”
Both on that show and otherwise, I am very familiar with Julie and Billy :cheers:

First two seasons are some of the rare 10/10 seasons in all of TV
Rare are the series of this consistent exceptionnal quality, those I know are Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Netflix's Daredevil (shame on Marvel and Disney for cancelling the series just so they could make their own shows on Disney +)

I have also heard a bit about the Sopranos, have you watched it ?