What was the last movie you watched?

Finally saw Joker, mid movie tbh.
5.5/10 because of his heights and because Joaquin Phoenix did a really good job but most of the time it's a 3 or 4.
Imo Joker would've been a much better movie if it wasn't connected to DC in any form. Joaquin is phenomenal, and overall the movie plot of an oppressed person driven to insanity and snapping is kinda cool, not everything should be about happy endings, superheroes and cheesy romcoms.
I didn't get the hype about the Joker either and I would probably rate it 6-7/10, and I really really wish it was just a standalone movie.

I don't watch a lot of movies but I have been watching some anime recently and I found 3 anime movies:
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking On Heaven's Door
Perfect Blue
And Wicked City.
I only watched the Cowboy Bebop movie but it was a solid 9/10, might say 10/10 but I feel some of the main characters could have been a little more involved/prominent, but Idk, it already had a lot going on in the first place.
Will say the fight choreography was marvelous, the animation was great too and I like how they didn't try to make it real special just because it was a movie, it only looked slightly better than the show's animation.
I feel that some of it doesn't really make sense or some stuff wasn't properly explored or explained, but usually the stuff that isn't explained fully is rather minor and doesn't take away from the overall experience.
The characters were also pretty good, I usually have high tolerance when it comes to a character's personality and actions though, so maybe some of them were actually bad and I just didn't see it.
Idk. But it was a pretty great movie regardless. Looking forward to the next two.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - couldn't make it through it

I only managed to watch around an hour of this cash grab movie before becoming depressed over the state of Hollywood these past 20ish years

What a way to milk dry a franchise that's already bone dry to begin with:
- 20 minutes of de-aged Indiana Jones in the beginning. Too bad his voice and movements can't be de-aged as well, amirite?
- New female lead! YAY! It's purely a coincidence that she is a carbon copy of Indiana Jones' personality, or at least trying to aim for that. It's clear they tried to establish this girl as his successor, to carry the franchise in the future. And what an abysmal choice that is lmao
First they try to make old Indy believable in a fight against young men in their physical prime. And then we get 2020s zingers in a movie set around the time of the moon landing

I'll try to finish it in case Mads Mikkelsen brings it back from a 2/10 to a 4

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - couldn't make it through it

I only managed to watch around an hour of this cash grab movie before becoming depressed over the state of Hollywood these past 20ish years

What a way to milk dry a franchise that's already bone dry to begin with:
- 20 minutes of de-aged Indiana Jones in the beginning. Too bad his voice and movements can't be de-aged as well, amirite?
- New female lead! YAY! It's purely a coincidence that she is a carbon copy of Indiana Jones' personality, or at least trying to aim for that. It's clear they tried to establish this girl as his successor, to carry the franchise in the future. And what an abysmal choice that is lmao
First they try to make old Indy believable in a fight against young men in their physical prime. And then we get 2020s zingers in a movie set around the time of the moon landing

I'll try to finish it in case Mads Mikkelsen brings it back from a 2/10 to a 4
Actually never watched the Indiana Jones series. Never interested me

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Asteroid City (2023) 7/10
This Wes Anderson film looks and feels different than any of this others, but is still clearly in his style. It’s basically like watching a play on the big screen, so it maintains an element of theatre with theatre people. It’s not exactly a comedy but has some light moments that are really fun.
Juno (2007) 8/10
It blends humor and heart while exploring a unique story with a cast that is quite brilliant. The quirky charm and indie-folk soundtrack add to its appeal, making it a modern classic.
A Few Good Men (1992) 8/10
A gripping courtroom drama with standout performances from Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson. Despite occasional pacing issues, it's a must-watch and a deserved spot as one of the greatest movies of all time.

Last edited:
Actually never watched the Indiana Jones series. Never interested me
His old movies are mostly entertaining. Well, not so much Temple of Doom.
Then Crystal Skull came along and it was eh. The first attempt to create another Indiana Jones with Shia Lebouf, and that failed.
This one is even worse. Freaking Shia Lebouf has more charisma than whatever the hell this girl is called. AN hour and 40 minutes in and all she has shown so far is a slight smirk that's always on her face. Well that and the constant sarcastic and smarter-than-you zingers.

Then Crystal Skull came along and it was eh. The first attempt to create another Indiana Jones with Shia Lebouf, and that failed.
This one is even worse. Freaking Shia Lebouf has more charisma than whatever the hell this girl is called. AN hour and 40 minutes in and all she has shown so far is a slight smirk that's always on her face. Well that and the constant sarcastic and smarter-than-you zingers.
hahahah well good thing I’ve avoided it. Isn’t it always prompted up as one of the goats

The Last Crusade is my favorite, thanks in no large part to Sean Connery who has amazing chemistry with Harrison Ford and is hilarious as Indy's father.

hahahah well good thing I’ve avoided it. Isn’t it always prompted up as one of the goats
The Last Crusade is my favorite, thanks in no large part to Sean Connery who has amazing chemistry with Harrison Ford and is hilarious as Indy's father.
As @Buusatan94 said, the Last Crusade is up there with any goat movie you can think of and basically served (along with the rest of the og trilogy) as the blueprint for adventure movies for decades to come
It and Raiders of the Lost Arc are the best Indiana Jones movies by far

I don't watch movies can't remember the last time I tried. I tried to watch some horror movies a few years back and all the black people died in the first 6 minutes. So I turned them off.

I guess nobody really talked about Fight Club if it stayed hidden away from you this long. :sanmoji:
i watched it for the first time, not long ago, albeit i knew the twist
What is depicted in that movie is pretty much real life.We have hordes of men without a goal/purpose and gurus like Andrew Tate who pray on them.
Post automatically merged:

did anyone catch these frames of Tyler?lol

Last edited:

READY PLAYER ONE
In 2045 the planet is on the brink of chaos and collapse, but people find salvation in the OASIS: an expansive virtual reality universe created by eccentric James Halliday. When Halliday dies, he promises his immense fortune to the first person to discover a digital Easter egg that's hidden somewhere in the OASIS. When young Wade Watts joins the contest, he finds himself becoming an unlikely hero in a reality-bending treasure hunt through a fantastical world of mystery, discovery and danger.
Release date: March 29, 2018 (USA)
Director: Steven Spielberg