Speculations What will happen to the remaining 5 Numbers?

Who will beat the remaining 5 Numbers?

• Total voters
Their situation is pretty bizarre by now because their other 5 brethren showed all the way back in chapter 988, so it’s been 26 chapters since a Number reveal. You’d think they would have shown up pretty quickly along with the already defeated Numbers once the fighting started, so I can only assume that these 5 drank too much and passed out, but will wake up soon. However I don’t know who will beat them. Luffy is too overqualified and has already used one as a hype tool anyways, same goes for Drake, Yamato, and Franky. Zoro and Sanji are also too qualified and will likely end up fighting Calamities. Killer is busy fighting Hawkins. Kid and soon Law are busy fighting BM. Jinbe, Robin, Brook, Nami, and Usopp are fighting Tobi Roppo.

The most probably candidates are Denjiro, Kawa and Izo, Apoo, Hawkins, or Chopper. Denjiro is MIA, so he could run into the remaining Numbers. Kawa and Izo are seemingly heading to the live floor, but could run into them. Once Chopper is done fighting Queen, he could fight the Numbers. Apoo and Hawkins could fodderize some Numbers once they eventually switch sides.

Chopper has no time to waste with those fodders that franky one shot casually...he is fighting yonko commanders now.

Oda doesn’t care about them.

they are all clones of each other why you think he would make straw hats fight them ?

They will be introduced eventually, then put together with the 5 that were down in a huge double spread mowing down the capital.

Apoo said as much, they are known for razing down cities like nothing. Kind of segues into a longer theory, but I do believe every scabbard will be fine (alive) and even Kanjuro will change sides too.

All 10 scabbards will have a big moment against a Number in a few double spreads. The 10 vs 10 playback here just works well, not to mention the scabbards protecting the capital

Last edited:
Dogmatically adhering to pet theories even when the manga unequivocally disproves them is a really bad habit.
Confused, you are doing that with Yamato and her meeting Kaido lol.

Kanjuro's act has ended. If he's alive, who knows what happens. I "dogmatically" assume he's alive because that's what happens in this manga. I "dogmatically" believe he'll end up being good because that also is something Oda does with characters who have traumatic pasts:

- Vivi/Mrs Wednesday

- Violet/Viola

- Nami

When a characters past is tragic, it usually allows for sympathy/empathy towards said character. 974 did a lot for Kanjuro to actually be redeemed more than we think. This is the same thing that happened with Katakuri. He is considered a way more humane and dignified villain than Doflamingo. Because even while Doflamingo had a horrible past, his personality afterwards was entirely shit. Kanjuro was manipulated into acting the way he does. Katakuri was a protective brother to his siblings and learned to not care about his mouth.

There are reasons why I think the way i do. It's not just random "dogmatic" ideas that don't have reasons behind them.

Like I'm one of the few people who kept on believing Zoro would come back down from the roof to fight King. I still think this because it's something Oda does and it's more logical now than ever before.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Oda will completely neglect them until the very end of the battle, when Kaido and Big Mom are lying in puddles of their own blood and Onigashima is littered with the lifeless bodies of Yonko fodder and samurai alike...the five Numbers will get together, survey the destruction, then perform an impromptu, a cappella version of Lou Bega’s seminal 90s hit “Mambo No. 5” before Franky flies in and lasers their heads off with a single shot :fujilaugh:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Confused, you are doing that with Yamato and her meeting Kaido lol.
The manga has done nothing to disprove Yamato confronting Kaido and has instead repeatedly reinforced it. See:
  1. Yamato's Desire to Face Kaido
  2. Are You Excited for Yamato vs Kaido?

I changed my mind on Luffy defeating Kaido in a 1 vs 1 after Chapter 1010. This is something I previously argued that I was unconvinced by. See:
  1. Why I'm not convinced that Luffy defeats Kaido

I've warmed towards the idea of Zoro fighting King (and acknowledge it as a plausible development).

Despite my reservations towards it, I take Yamato being the one to defeat Jack seriously.

I expressed scepticism towards the idea of Sanji soloing a Calamity:

After Chapter 1014 (particularly that Chopper has been facing Queen 1 vs 1 for 20+ minutes), I now think Sanji will defeat Queen solo.

I write elaborate essays on a position, and when a chapter comes out that undermines the theses in that essay, I reevaluate. If it's a significant enough divergence from my headcanon, I abandon my headcanon entirely.

There's a lot of stuff I change my mind on. Some are not publicly shared beliefs. I think this is a good habit of mine. I don't want to ever be dogmatic in my beliefs.

Kanjuro's act has ended. If he's alive, who knows what happens. I "dogmatically" assume he's alive because that's what happens in this manga. I "dogmatically" believe he'll end up being good because that also is something Oda does with characters who have traumatic pasts:
Meh, I don't want to debate this. This isn't actually something I take seriously enough to believe it's worth engaging with.

Kanjuro will become good is as far as I'm concerned, something that Oda has shown repeatedly is wrong. If you still believe it, I think you're doing something very wrong.

I'm just letting you know that it's a bad habit of yours.

Like it's not impossible for your theory to be true, but it's so damn unlikely at this point, has been severely undermined, and yet you're unshaken in your beliefs. That's bad, that's really bad.

To try and say with a straight face that you still think Kanjuro will become good after everything that happened? That you're just as confident in that belief even after all the manga has shown?

What I see is someone that does not change their mind or abandon their headcanons when the manga proves them wrong. I don't think that's a mindset that's worth engaging.

Honestly, I blocked you in the past because of this tendency (I later unblocked you because you had some good posts even if you're stubborn about them), but this tendency is extremely bad.

I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but like this mindset is in my category of: "this person is not actually worth discussing with".

I think being so unwilling to change your mind is much worse than merely having wrong opinions.

To explain part of where I'm coming from, I think debates and discussions should be for the purpose of forming more accurate beliefs. If someone doesn't change their mind, then that process is broken. So I don't think I should ever debate with someone that I believe is unwilling to change their mind on a topic.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm trying to do here. I think you have some good posts, so I'll continue to engage with some of them, and I don't know if that dogmatism is something you can change just because I'm asking. I also don't really have any right to tell you how to engage with One Piece.

I guess I just wanted to strongly condemn this bad habit of yours.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Like I'm one of the few people who kept on believing Zoro would come back down from the roof to fight King. I still think this because it's something Oda does and it's more logical now than ever before.
Zoro fighting King is more plausible now than before, but it's not guaranteed, so it's too early to claim victory yet.

I was a sceptic of Zoro vs King after Roof Piece began and after 1010, I began to think it was plausible. I feel like this was appropriate. I wouldn't have wanted to believe in Zoro vs King even when nothing in the manga actually supported it.

Zoro vs King is merely plausible now. It's still not (yet?) something that is narratively necessary.

When a characters past is tragic, it usually allows for sympathy/empathy towards said character. 974 did a lot for Kanjuro to actually be redeemed more than we think. This is the same thing that happened with Katakuri. He is considered a way more humane and dignified villain than Doflamingo. Because even while Doflamingo had a horrible past, his personality afterwards was entirely shit. Kanjuro was manipulated into acting the way he does. Katakuri was a protective brother to his siblings and learned to not care about his mouth.

There are reasons why I think the way i do. It's not just random "dogmatic" ideas that don't have reasons behind them.
Aah, this is not the issue. It's not that your positions are without basis. It's like:

I once wrote an essay explaining my scepticism of Luffy defeating Kaido. Chapter 1010 came out and I went: "I was wrong, Luffy is probably going to defeat Kaido".

That's what I mean by not being dogmatic.

Seeing things that I didn't expect actually make me change my mind?

Your case for Kanjuro's redemption is exactly the same case it has been since the beginning of Onigashima (or even before then). Nothing Kanjuro has done has undermined your confidence in that case.

That's the dogmatism.

That you don't actually change your mind when presented with contrary evidence in the manga.

I think that's extremely bad.

Again this is in my: "this person is not worth engaging with" mental category.

There are few people that I don't ever want to debate with on the forum. Most of those are either extremely unpleasant (Germa66 was one) or very disingenuous (Erkan, Moe, Ndule).

Being unwilling to change your mind is a sin that I think is comparable to that.