Controversial What's the biggest disappointment you've ever suffered in One Piece?

Lack of focus on Zoro's characterization in Wano, whether it be about his dream, swordsmanship, connections with characters within Wano like Hiwhori and Gyukimaru, connections with the Shimotsuki clan inside and outside Wano, etc., and a lack of focus on Ryuma, the most legendary swordsman in the world, and is seen like a god in Wano.

Can't believe how Loda fumbled such an easy lay up. It's so bad that I would suspect that it was done like this purposely.

Last edited:
The biggest disappointment I suffered was Rebecca not getting the Mera Mera take your bump ass back to the grave Sabo that's Rebecca's Fruit
Yeah, back in when I was High School like 12 years ago. I wanted Rebecca to eat the fruit and I was so sure of myself that I betted with my friend. Because if Rebecca ate the fruit, that would hit the nail as she would be joining the crew and be the beautiful woman swordsman. The foreshadowing from Usopp back in Thriller Bark.

I also wanted Rebecca to have a snapping moment as by she is really skilled with the blade and has a high CoO.

B

Borasey79

Mont D'Or's fruit is another disappontment.

He could give life to entire book universes and he simply was so lame
Right?
Oda could've turned him into the greatest enemy for the WG, able to bring to life ancient journals describing things from the Void Century, or even before that, hell, have him bring Noland's "lies" to life. Instead, he just traps BS on a page.

First thing that comes to mind is chapter 900: it was the end of WCI arc and also a milestone chapter (usually they were important, for example chapter 600 was the chapter that marked the end of the pre time skip), the contest was that Luffy with half the crew had clowned BM big time and was about to escape, in the chapter before we saw BM starting a wicked chant and the Sunny supposedly get destroyed... that would have been perfect to show the new world was not a circus where Luffy could do the hell he wanted like always yet what we get was Wadatsumi (giant humanoid sea monster introduced in Fishman island) switch the Sunny with the Fishman flagship, everybody is fine and they escape from WCI without any pressure. Just to put some salt in the wound Oda had his usual fake tension moment by suggesting Jinbe could die to stall BM. We all knew how it went.

That was probably the moment I lost my hope for OP to keep the level it had in the pre time skip.

Last edited: