Future Events When does Zoro Fight Mihawk

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zoro's first fight with Mihawk had zero connection to the rest of the Strawhats fights.

I don't see why Zoro's last fight must somehow tie into whatever antagonists the Strawhats are facing.

I can, but I simply wanted to take the current pulse of the community on this topic. So people's original impressions before they debate their position.

I think that all Emperors get defeated before Luffy becomes Pirate King, and I don't really understand why people argue otherwise.

I feel like what the manga says is that Luffy needs to defeat the Emperors to become Pirate King.

IMO Blackbeard will be the fight to make Luffy the Pirate King. I think he has no role in the Final War.

I expect a Shanks confrontation at Elbaf.
Because OPs plot was far simpler and he showed up by convenience to hunt Kreig. It was related to the current arc.

Because OPs plot was far simpler and he showed up by convenience to hunt Kreig. It was related to the current arc.
Hey, mate, out of curiosity, since you said SHs vs RHPs and Mihawk after the Final War is not impossible, and this means Cook vs Beckmann is also not impossible, do you think it's possible for Beckmann to be a low top tier at least (aka below any Admiral or Yonko, but would still push any of them to mid diff at worst)?

Hey, mate, out of curiosity, since you said SHs vs RHPs and Mihawk after the Final War is not impossible, and this means Cook vs Beckmann is also not impossible, do you think it's possible for Beckmann to be a low top tier at least (aka below any Admiral or Yonko, but would still push any of them to mid diff at worst)?
I think Benn is around there since he did hold up Kizaru to an extent just by pointing a gun at him. I'd say if Sanji fought Ryokugyuu or someone beforehand, then he's got to be stronger or around that area.

I've brought this up before but I think OP is gonna get more horizontally progressive in power than vertical again. Meaning that future opponents are all top of their game, buy are just better at different things. Like I don't expect Akainu to be tougher than Kaido, but I expect him to have higher AP. Same with Kizaru but in speed. Or Shanks but maybe in Haki output. Or Mihawk in actual swordplay/mastery/AP/Haki (not too different from Shanks) or Blackbeard but in sheer brokenness of his DFs and haki.

Apply that stuff to Sanji's fights too or Zoro's other fights.

I don't see why can't it be some epiloge shit, right after the Final War and Luffy becoming the PK. Why are we gatekeeping the SHs crewmembers' dreams with Luffy's again? Half of the other SHs dreams would be finalized AFTER Luffy has become the PK anyways, like Jinbei (racial thingy), Nami (Map), Brook (meeting Blaboon), Franky (making the ship that travels AROUND the world), and same shit could be argued about Sanji's dream (finding All Blue). So why can't Oda leave the WSS fight for the end of the manga?

I imagine before Laugh Tale, Zoro will get his own personal arc. Whether its an exclusive spin-off of Zoro's own adventure while Luffy must face other enemy elsewhere or looking for some valuable item.

Or maybe in the arc of Shanks-Blackbeard, Zoro will face off against Mihawk. Blackbeard being Luffy's Kaidou-style arc boss, while Shanks being Luffy's deuteragonist...or maybe Luffy's Kaidou-style arc boss as well? While Mihawk is Zoro's arc boss.

As for the possibility for it to be an epilogue fight...i think it has the chance to be epilogue fight, but imo if Luffy and Zoro enter the final war as PK and WSS, it will be much more overwhelming for the WG imo.

Imagine WG seeing this

"Fleet Admiral! Theres a lone man approaching Marie Geois from Laugh Tale. He's...walking on water...?"

"It's The World's Strongest Swordmaster...Roronoa Zoro! Even if it's him...if he's alone, he wont pose much difficulty....Shoot him down!"

"WOOAAAH! HE JUST SLICED OPEN THE SIEGE WALL CENTRAL FORTRESS!!"

"WHAAAT! AINT THAT SIEGE WALL MADE FROM ABSORBTIVE MATERIAL CAPABLE OF HINDERING EVEN WHITEBEARD'S QUAKE?!!"

"RELEASE URANUS!"

suddenly

"I HAVE KICKED UR-ANUS TO DUST AND ITS TIME TO KICK YOUR ANUS! IMUU!"

"WHAT ITS THE PIRATE KING HIMSELF APPROACHING FROM THE BACK! IS THAT THE MYTHRIUM CRYSTAL CORE OF URANUS HE CRUSHED AT HIS HAND!"

That kinda hype

Last edited:
The world government and marines already kicked him out so mihawk isn't going down with them
He's not gonna join blackbeard

Mihawk actually has a connection to shanks. With him being a goal for zoro like shanks is to luffy and yasopp to usopp
So if mihawk gets beaten its probably gonna be with them

For me, the fight should happen after the Final War.

For anybody that said Zoro won't fight Mihawk because they're mentor/student relationship, I mean y'all know that Anakin vs Obi-Wan did happened right?

For those who said Shiryu will kill Mihawk or Gandhi will be the final opponent, fair but then again, Shiryu won't let a fair 1v1 duel happens, plus the fact that Zoro has been fighting tricky swordsmen (Mr. 1, Kaku, Pica, King, etc.) seems kinda repetitive already. Zoro vs Mihawk would be like Zoro vs Zombie Ryuma where no tricks were involved, just straight up duel to the death. Now that's something I want to see.

The case for Gandhi, unless he gets Bonney to turn him back into his prime, can't see Zoro fighting an old fighter. He's probably a low top tier which I don't see EOS Zoro being a low top tier after beating Gandhi.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
For me, the fight should happen after the Final War.

For anybody that said Zoro won't fight Mihawk because they're mentor/student relationship, I mean y'all know that Anakin vs Obi-Wan did happened right?

For those who said Shiryu will kill Mihawk or Gandhi will be the final opponent, fair but then again, Shiryu won't let a fair 1v1 duel happens, plus the fact that Zoro has been fighting tricky swordsmen (Mr. 1, Kaku, Pica, King, etc.) seems kinda repetitive already. Zoro vs Mihawk would be like Zoro vs Zombie Ryuma where no tricks were involved, just straight up duel to the death. Now that's something I want to see.

The case for Gandhi, unless he gets Bonney to turn him back into his prime, can't see Zoro fighting an old fighter. He's probably a low top tier which I don't see EOS Zoro being a low top tier after beating Gandhi.
It's over mihawk I have the high ground

I think Benn is around there since he did hold up Kizaru to an extent just by pointing a gun at him. I'd say if Sanji fought Ryokugyuu or someone beforehand, then he's got to be stronger or around that area.

I've brought this up before but I think OP is gonna get more horizontally progressive in power than vertical again. Meaning that future opponents are all top of their game, buy are just better at different things. Like I don't expect Akainu to be tougher than Kaido, but I expect him to have higher AP. Same with Kizaru but in speed. Or Shanks but maybe in Haki output. Or Mihawk in actual swordplay/mastery/AP/Haki (not too different from Shanks) or Blackbeard but in sheer brokenness of his DFs and haki.

Apply that stuff to Sanji's fights too or Zoro's other fights.
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, mate. :cheers:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Epilogue, after the final war.
I already placed "after the final war" there.

This is my headcanon, but I think Oda might make Mihawk stalemate an Admiral before the final war just to clarify he is indeed Admiral level.
Mihawk is above the Admirals. Stalemating an Admiral would be underwhelming for him.

But Mihawk was not part of the Krieg Pirates. Nor did Luffy/Sanji have other battles ongoing while Zoro fought Mihawk.

It was a duel that the rest if the Strawhats bore witness to.

I already placed "after the final war" there.

Mihawk is above the Admirals. Stalemating an Admiral would be underwhelming for him.

But Mihawk was not part of the Krieg Pirates. Nor did Luffy/Sanji have other battles ongoing while Zoro fought Mihawk.

It was a duel that the rest if the Strawhats bore witness to.
Again, it wasn't even a fight. It was a character moment. Just like Kuma in TB. It's not the same thing. Their last fight will be an actual fight relevant to the plot

I have issues with all the options TBH.

During the Elbaf Arc:
Elbaf arc might be too short to have a fight. The fight can only happen if Elbaf is Shanks' territory and Mihawk is currently residing there. Then, we could have a friendly battle between Shanks' crew + Mihawk vs strawhats. One issue with a friendly 1on1 is Zoro wont be recognized by the general population as the WSS.

During the Raftel arc:
If there is a Raftel arc, how will Mihawk be a part of it? So the fight will definitely not happen here as Mihawk has no relevance to Raftel.

During the final war:
For the fight to happen here, Mihawk has to be on the antagonist side. I dont also see Zoro taking a detour from the war to have a 1on1 against Mihawk. So, its definitely not happening here as well.

After the final war:
I like this one more. An epilogue fight because Zoro already proven himself as a worthy contender. Again the issue is, Zoro achieving his dream after Luffy and Zoro having kind of the final fight of the series.

Zoro never fights him:
There is a good chance of this. But for this to happen, Shiryu has to kill (!) or beat him and get recognized as the WSS. It also has its problems. Firstly, years of buildup for Mihawk fight. Secondly, Oda is a pussy to kill any minor character, let alone Mihawk. Thirdly, why will Shiryu even fight Mihawk? All this change though if Gandhi gorosei is Zoro's EoS opponent.

Zoro vs Mihawk after Final War doesnt make that much sense to me.

We need to see him becoming WSS before that. Not after everything is over and Mihawk coming to challenge Zoro.

I also dont think it will be in the Final War since Mihawk isnt a main enemy of that arc. Mihawks fight needs to be first or 2nd most important fight of that arc.

Thats why i think it will either happen in in Elbaf or in the Raftel arc. Elbaf with the Red Hair Pirates can happen but i highly think it will happen in Raftel arc. When Luffy is becoming the PK.

Also i accidently choose Elbaf option. I meant to choose in Raftel arc.

I massively disagree. It was both a duel and an important character moment. Zoro just often gets his character moments through fights.
I think you are misunderstanding me. I know it was an "important" moment. I know it was the same with Kuma. But both of these fights ARE tied into the arcs they are part of. That is a fact. It is not "random" that either of them are in the arcs they are a part of.

Mihawk WILL be important to the final conflict. I just don't agree he's going to be some random inclusion while the crew fights Marines or the WG. Mihawk is clearly not on their side. That entirely would go against Zoro actually contributing to the war to fulfill a personal gain.

This is WHY I believe he will be with Shanks and this will occur at the absolute end or after the final war, because everything about fighting Shanks is personal. Fighting the WG/Marines is not nearly as personal. Blackbeard also already has Shiryu.

Hopefully that makes sense. I just don't see Mihawk side tracking Zoro while Luffy fights Admirals or the upper echelons of the WG. I also can't see him getting the last fight in the series either, thus Mihawk HAS to be part of another group in my opinion

it simple
after teach after luffy become pk.
zoro has to be wss when he enter the final war .

luffy said it will be a problem if pk lartner is lesser than wss.

so imagine luffy become pk then they finish final war then zoro become wss then the series end lol 😆

wtf ?! zoro here didn't help his pk as wss cuz he got at the end 🙄 .

so after luffy defeat teach and become pk there will be small arc centred only around zoro duell with mihawk

while the SHs with luffy watching the fight.

zoro become wws then enter the final war as both of them are pk and wss.