Future Events When does Zoro Fight Mihawk

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have issues with all the options TBH.

During the Elbaf Arc:
Elbaf arc might be too short to have a fight. The fight can only happen if Elbaf is Shanks' territory and Mihawk is currently residing there. Then, we could have a friendly battle between Shanks' crew + Mihawk vs strawhats. One issue with a friendly 1on1 is Zoro wont be recognized by the general population as the WSS.

During the Raftel arc:
If there is a Raftel arc, how will Mihawk be a part of it? So the fight will definitely not happen here as Mihawk has no relevance to Raftel.

During the final war:
For the fight to happen here, Mihawk has to be on the antagonist side. I dont also see Zoro taking a detour from the war to have a 1on1 against Mihawk. So, its definitely not happening here as well.

After the final war:
I like this one more. An epilogue fight because Zoro already proven himself as a worthy contender. Again the issue is, Zoro achieving his dream after Luffy and Zoro having kind of the final fight of the series.

Zoro never fights him:
There is a good chance of this. But for this to happen, Shiryu has to kill (!) or beat him and get recognized as the WSS. It also has its problems. Firstly, years of buildup for Mihawk fight. Secondly, Oda is a pussy to kill any minor character, let alone Mihawk. Thirdly, why will Shiryu even fight Mihawk? All this change though if Gandhi gorosei is Zoro's EoS opponent.
Really there is an easy solution to all of this if people can consider Shanks and his crew being the final antagonists and Mihawk allying with them. After Blackbeard. After Akainu. After Im. After the Final War or at the end of it. Maybe in God Valley. Not as some friendly fight that people keep assuming will happen.

Shanks has a huge unknown motivation factor behind him. We don't know what it is, but we know it's tied to the endgame. We know he talks to Gorosei. We know he has some hidden backstory with Roger due to Oden's flashback. I think people are really overlooking this idea out of spite because they don't want to believe he can be Luffy's last fight.
Post automatically merged:

it simple
after teach after luffy become pk.
zoro has to be wss when he enter the final war .

luffy said it will be a problem if pk lartner is lesser than wss.

so imagine luffy become pk then they finish final war then zoro become wss then the series end lol 😆

wtf ?! zoro here didn't help his pk as wss cuz he got at the end 🙄 .

so after luffy defeat teach and become pk there will be small arc centred only around zoro duell with mihawk

while the SHs with luffy watching the fight.

zoro become wws then enter the final war as both of them are pk and wss.
Luffy has a second dream. Zoro doesn't. It can happen after the final war, depending on what group is fought then.

Really there is an easy solution to all of this if people can consider Shanks and his crew being the final antagonists and Mihawk allying with them. After Blackbeard. After Akainu. After Im. After the Final War or at the end of it. Maybe in God Valley. Not as some friendly fight that people keep assuming will happen.

Shanks has a huge unknown motivation factor behind him. We don't know what it is, but we know it's tied to the endgame. We know he talks to Gorosei. We know he has some hidden backstory with Roger due to Oden's flashback. I think people are really overlooking this idea out of spite because they don't want to believe he can be Luffy's last fight.

Luffy has a second dream. Zoro doesn't. It can happen after the final war, depending on what group is fought then.
The final antagonists will be the Blackbeards. Nobody has close to their buildup.

Why aren't multiple voting option allowed?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Because the poll options are mutually exclusive. If Zoro fights him during the Final War, he wouldn't be fighting him during the Elbaf arc. Ditto for any other combination of options.

final antagonists will be the Blackbeards. Nobody has close to their buildup.
The World Government has more buildup.

The final antagonists will be the Blackbeards. Nobody has close to their buildup.

Everyone has different opinions on that. Half this forum believes is Im and the WG because of Whitebeard specifically telling Blackbeard he WON'T be the person to find One Peice and fight them.

And we frankly know nothing about Shanks to suggest he can't be either. He's a far deeper character to Luffy than Blackbeard is. We don't know his motivations to say he can't be manipulating the WG or not. We can't say what his intended goals actually are. All we know is it's not about One Piece because he's never actually made mention of even trying to go for it. All he's been doing is cryptically waiting for Luffy. We don't even know why outside of its probably not "good" since he casually talks with villains.

Do I think Blackbeard is an endgame antagonist? Of course. Do I think he's the last fight? I don't.

Everyone has different opinions on that. Half this forum believes is Im and the WG because of Whitebeard specifically telling Blackbeard he WON'T be the person to find One Peice and fight them.

And we frankly know nothing about Shanks to suggest he can't be either. He's a far deeper character to Luffy than Blackbeard is.

Do I think Blackbeard is an endgame antagonist? Of course. Do I think he's the last fight? I don't.
Shanks will be an interesting choice. But again, he was never foreshadowed to be an antagonist.

The World Government has more buildup
Who in the world government will fight Luffy or Zoro? You don't even know that. That means they have no buildup.

also i don't whyvmany think that final war will be 1vs1 or x vs x etc

oda never called onigashima raid a war
onigashima was a raid more like enis lobby 2 .

so if oda said final war will make mr looks cute

yoy can get how oda will deal with fights .

it will be a random shit
zoro a moment fighting ghandai then later kizaru then clahsung with GB etc
same with luffy sanji etc

the closer to final war fights we got here in wano is zoro luffy vs apoo
then apoo vs drake
then later zoro drake vs apoo
then apoo vs drake then drake vs yamato then drake apoo vs cp0 lol 😆

Shanks will be an interesting choice. But again, he was never foreshadowed to be an antagonist.

Who in the world government will fight Luffy or Zoro? You don't even know that. That means they have no buildup.
Read my sig link of your want to know more about why I think that. Old post I have that explains why he might be.

Namely him meeting with Gorosei is extremely out of character. They are genocidal and Celestial Dragons. They still intend to kidnap Robin. And yet both Shanks and the Gorosei respect each other. Oda also callously doesn't mention the pirate Shanks is talking about, and conveniently he goes to see them after Luffy gets his new bounty. No other major event happens before this. Just food for thought.

Really there's a lot more than this, tying more into his very clear Yakuza references, his hidden past, and the way he carries himself. But check the sig link.

I will leave you with one thing: when Luffy asks Law which Yonko they are fighting first and he says Kaido, Luffy makes zero mention about Blackbeard, He talks about Shanks and beating him. Also, I left my avatar the way it is as a reminder that Shanks looks at Luffy's last bounty not with friendly intent. That look is purely competitive/malice. Zoro sometimes makes the same faces when he gets ready to fight. It's very clear to me that Oda is setting up a plot twist with Shanks.

I have issues with all the options TBH.

During the Elbaf Arc:
Elbaf arc might be too short to have a fight. The fight can only happen if Elbaf is Shanks' territory and Mihawk is currently residing there. Then, we could have a friendly battle between Shanks' crew + Mihawk vs strawhats. One issue with a friendly 1on1 is Zoro wont be recognized by the general population as the WSS.

During the Raftel arc:
If there is a Raftel arc, how will Mihawk be a part of it? So the fight will definitely not happen here as Mihawk has no relevance to Raftel.

During the final war:
For the fight to happen here, Mihawk has to be on the antagonist side. I dont also see Zoro taking a detour from the war to have a 1on1 against Mihawk. So, its definitely not happening here as well.

After the final war:
I like this one more. An epilogue fight because Zoro already proven himself as a worthy contender. Again the issue is, Zoro achieving his dream after Luffy and Zoro having kind of the final fight of the series.

Zoro never fights him:
There is a good chance of this. But for this to happen, Shiryu has to kill (!) or beat him and get recognized as the WSS. It also has its problems. Firstly, years of buildup for Mihawk fight. Secondly, Oda is a pussy to kill any minor character, let alone Mihawk. Thirdly, why will Shiryu even fight Mihawk? All this change though if Gandhi gorosei is Zoro's EoS opponent.
I think SHP vs RHP doesnt have to be "friendly" imo, since it can also serve as Emperor Luffy vs Emperor Shanks kinda deal (becoming a great pirate allows Luffy to have access to "meet" (fight) Shanks), thus it can b some kind of race, or treasure/artifact hunt, even Davy Back Fight, with some important, LaughTaleLocation-related territory or artifact, or even the one lost Poneglyph (that Shanks actually know the location of) as the award.

While Mihawk can fight this contest not as a friendly one, but a decisive final fight between him and Zoro (master and disciple). One of the scenarios where it will be a serious fight, is that if Mihawk deem Shanks as a true successor to the PK throne instead of Luffy, making him definitely cant let Luffy's side snatch away the valuable LaughTale-related artifact/poneglyph.

I don't think they would have a serious one on one fight

Imo Zoro surpasses Mihawk by performing some kind of feat which even mihawk can't do like cutting a very big meteor which mihawk can't

Or like WG releasing a weapon having attacks threatening every one and mihawk tries to cut it but can't completely and zoro does showing he has become WSS

Or fighting a common enemy

They can have a friendly duel later that is a separate thing

Eh, it's cause you guys actually aren't understanding why I think this. I have very clear reasons for this stuff. It's not really a fan gesture.

The character goes far deeper than we know, because it's been set up that. That's why you don't know why he meets with the Gorosei, or what he plans for Luffy, or what his main goals are, or what he said to Roger or vice versa, or where he even comes from.

All I'm saying is to wait before assuming he's some processed goal to be taken out early on, when he's done nothing but show us that he can rival any top tier force in this series without a seconds notice.

Also realize that Shanks is the only character in this series to not be put down by someone else:

- Whitebeard was dying/Killed
- Akainu was beat down by Whitebeard
- Blackbeard was scared/beat down by whitebeard
- Mihawk was effectively put down by having Joz block his slash (yes I know it was casual) and having Mihawk question how far WB was from him
- Aokiji/Kizaru have both been injured by others
- Kaido/BM have been repeatedly clowned.

Compare that to Shanks, at any point in this series. He's only either matched other top Tiers or put them down a pedestal. Same guy:

- Clashes with WB, Akainu and Kaido
- Convinces Sengoku to stop the war
- Talks to Gorosei
- Is on the ToC character page with the strawhats.

It's not normal at all. It's frankly scary how much Oda does not harm Shanks' unwavering persona. It's not even my bias speaking this just just pure fact in the series that he does not seem to have any events where he is put down.
It doesn't mean he's gonna get anything more than what Luffy's actual villains got
Shanks arc won't be big if he gets it, that's a fact
He also won't be overshadowing Luffy if they meet since the promise was about 'be Great Pirate like me"
Luffy as PK totally makes Shanks vs Luffy post Raftel or final war useless

Why you guys prefer Zoro to get the WSS title in EoS, and then that's it.
Isn't it better if Zoro defeats Mihawk and get the title asap, then he defends the title in every single big arc? Shiryu and others won't kill Mihawk, they will target Zoro instead because Zoro is already the title holder.

Zoro being the reigning, defending, undisputed World Strongest Swordsman sounds a better story than him getting the title EoS and then that's it.
@Cinera @HA001 @nik87 @L55 .

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Tony Tony Chopper and here is my big brother, the reigning, defending, undisputed NEW World Strongest Swordsman, Zoro!!

Still a better story for both Chopper and Zoro than they are right now, Chopper being useless mascot and Zoro getting WSS only in EoS.

It doesn't mean he's gonna get anything more than what Luffy's actual villains got
Shanks arc won't be big if he gets it, that's a fact
He also won't be overshadowing Luffy if they meet since the promise was about 'be Great Pirate like me"
Luffy as PK totally makes Shanks vs Luffy post Raftel or final war useless
It doesn't if there is more to it. This is what I've been trying to say. Nobody knows what Shanks is really trying to do.

"Pirate King" might honestly not be good enough. We all know Luffy has a second dream, and it's seemingly even more impossible than Pirate King because people have laughed (Sabo) and cried (Yamato) about it. Ace was super serious about too. We also don't even know the context of Shanks saying it to Rayleigh when he said that Roger also had this dream.

This is why it's important, because Gol D. Roger already became Pirate King and couldn't do what needed to be done after or achieve this dream. But THIS is how Luffy achieves it and surpasses Roger. And THIS is why I think Shanks is way more important than we give him credit for being.

Read my sig link of your want to know more about why I think that. Old post I have that explains why he might be.
I am in mobile, can't see the signature now.

Namely him meeting with Gorosei is extremely out of character. They are genocidal and Celestial Dragons. They still intend to kidnap Robin. And yet both Shanks and the Gorosei respect each other. Oda also callously doesn't mention the pirate Shanks is talking about, and conveniently he goes to see them after Luffy gets his new bounty. No other major event happens before this. Just food for thought.
I believe he met them to warn about Blackbeard, just like he met Whitebeard to warn about BB. He is warning the Gorosei that BB is coming for that empty throne to be the next Xebec, I.e. the king of the world.

I talked about this in this thread based on Celestial's theory =>
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-on-your-predictions-for-the-final-arc.13322/

Garp also made a nice post which says the same thing =>
Blackbeard for me, Im the second choice. I see no opportunity for Sakazuki being the final villain, he’s irrelevant to the main mysteries of One Piece- the Will of D, Laugh Tale and the One Piece, the Void Century, Im, Joyboy, and the Ancient Weapons.

I’ve always thought it would be Blackbeard- the reveal of Rocks just confirmed that. You have a guy- a D nonetheless- that was so dangerous, that Roger and Garp had to team up to defeat, defending the Celestial Dragons in the process? This means Rocks was someone who made the Celestial Dragons look like the lesser evil? And Blackbeard has taken his island, named his ship after him and tried to do what he did by gathering a bunch of famous pirates under his name? How can people not see what is happening here? I wouldn’t be surprised if Rock’s had the darkness fruit originally, given Blackbeard’s obsession with him. Blackbeard looks very much to have inherited his will, and that means, like i posted yesterday, him aiming to place his fat ass on the Empty Throne.

Also as an aside, not only is Blackbeard the next coming of Rocks, he’s also an evil version of Whitebeard. Father and “son”, the person who killed WB, stole his DF and his Yonko place. His crew is set up in the same ways as having “divisions”. I think that Whiebeard’s old WSM title will be resurrected for him. Even their epithet’s are mirror images of each other- White and Black Beard.

One Piece is the story of Luffy and Blackbeard’s rise. Two D’s who are tearing down the Balance of Power and the established order, freedom vs anarchy. Look at the story as a whole. East Blue, a long prologue of sorts (hence Loguetown being the last island there) introducing us to our hero. Then comes Part One, Paradise, where Luffy and Blackbeard’s parallel rise is entwined with each other. Just look at the story.

-Blackbeard murders Thatch, setting Ace into the New World and panicking Shanks
-Blackbeard wrecks Drum, which leads to Luffy going there and saving it, getting a crewmate
-Luffy meets up with Ace who is hunting Blackbeard, and Luffy defeats Warlord Crocodile. This puts Luffy, Blackbeard and Ace on a collision course and has massive repercussions for the rest of the series. As an aside, Shanks plans to meet Blackbeard
-Jaya, Luffy and Blackbeard first meet, have an instinctive recognition that something is special about the other. Man’s dreams never end. Blackbeard applies for the role in the Warlords that is open because of Luffy, and decides that he’ll capture him. We see Blackbeard’s crew mirrors Luffy’s in many ways
-Ennies Lobby. Luffy and Blackbeard announce themselves to the world. Luffy defeats CP9, Blackbeard captures Ace and becomes a Warlord. Shanks meets Blackbeard solely to talk about how worried he is about Blackbeard, revealing that he was the one who scarred him.
-Thriller Bark and Saobody, it’s revealed that Blackbeard’s capture of Ace has resulted in him being in line to be executed, with a war between Whitebeard and the Warlords planned
-Impel Down, Luffy and Blackbeard’s first fight, where the two fight fairly evenly. Blackbeard meets his own powerful swordsman. There’s mention of some infamous, powerful pirates who’s very existence the World Gov has hidden.
-Marineford, Luffy‘s attempt to free Ace, breakout of ID, relationship to Dragon and CoC reveal all make him stand out. Blackbeard reveals his new, full crew, that he’s the only person in the world with two DF powers and kills Whitebeard.

Absolutely no other villain has any build up even slightly comparing to that. That’s a story that has been built up carefully throughout the entiroety of Paradise, intwined with Luffy. Now, Blackbeard’s had to take a but of a lesser role in the New World while Kaido and Big Mom get dealt with, but that’s just because the best is being saved for last. Look at the tidbits we’ve had about him since, it’s all leading up to great things. There’s the already mentioned Rocks parallels, but in addition to that we have

-the Worst Gen. That is literally only a thing to put Luffy and Blackbeard in the same generation. Nobody in-series refers to the Supernova anymore, it’s all Worst Gen.
-going into the New World, Blackbeard’s rise (and the fact he’s hunting DFs) being one of the two big changes
-Chinjao says he’s the only one with potential
-Aokiji has joined Blackbeard
-Blackbeard destroys Baltigo
-Blackbeard won the Payback War
-Im seems to consider Blackbeard and Luffy equal threats
-the little tidbit in Oden’s flashback about Blackbeard never sleeping
-Blackbeard is off to do some mischief after what happened in Reverie, he’s ready to hit the limelight again.

And Shanks’ warning about a ”certain pirate” to the Gorosei, even if its not about Blackbeard directly, almost certainly ties into him in some way since the two are always linked.

And in addition to Blackbeard himself, just a smaller mention- no other organistion has a crew that is so perfectly matched to the Strawhats as a whole. The Marines don’t, the Gorosei are by design a homogenous blob of soulless bureaucratic stagnation. In the Ten Titanic Captains you’ve got the perfect evil mirrors of the Strawhats lined up- that’s why they were the only other crew where each members position was revealed initially. They’ll hunt down DFs that perfectly oppose the crew. Every one of them is real, nasty, evil piece of shit, with a great, unique design.

There’s this arguemnt that persists that somehow Blackbeard is some sort of gatekeeper villain to be dealt with before the final war and it honestly just baffles me. Why would Oda be casting this unique, longrunning villaim aside before the endgame? The final war is meant to be the one that makes Marineford look small (not Wano, which i see people saying a lot), why exactly would Blackbeard not be involved in that? Because Whitebeard said he wasn’t Joyboy, basically? Yeah, that’s no surprise, was anyone reading One Piece and thinking “I bet Roger was actually waiting for Blackbeard instead of Luffy.” Because Luffy needs to “challenge the world to a fight?” Sorry, is Blackbeard some sort of alien that doesn’t count as a part of the world (actually maybe, depending on the people from the moon), but anyway, Blackbeard on the Empty Throne as King of the World like Rocks wanted would fulfil that regardless.

Im, I see the argument, I don’t think it would be as good (that doesn’t mean it’s bad, but Im would have a hell of a lot to do in a short time to catchup with Blackbeard) and I don’t think it’s were the story is going. Mostly because of the glory of Blackbeard, but also because I’m 99% certain Im is a woman- Oda does not have powerful men relaxing with butterflies in a room called the flower garden, and that really looks like a dress with a train that Im is wearing. Im being the Final One Piece Princess, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

That was a lot longer than I thought it would be

I think SHP vs RHP doesnt have to be "friendly" imo, since it can also serve as Emperor Luffy vs Emperor Shanks kinda deal (becoming a great pirate allows Luffy to have access to "meet" (fight) Shanks), thus it can b some kind of race, or treasure/artifact hunt, even Davy Back Fight, with some important, LaughTaleLocation-related territory or artifact, or even the one lost Poneglyph (that Shanks actually know the location of) as the award.

While Mihawk can fight this contest not as a friendly one, but a decisive final fight between him and Zoro (master and disciple). One of the scenarios where it will be a serious fight, is that if Mihawk deem Shanks as a true successor to the PK throne instead of Luffy, making him definitely cant let Luffy's side snatch away the valuable LaughTale-related artifact/poneglyph.
Not a bad idea, but the way you included Mihawk in this sounds kind of forced.

I am in mobile, can't see the signature now.

I believe he met them to warn about Blackbeard, just like he met Whitebeard to warn about BB. He is warning the Gorosei that BB is coming for that empty throne to be the next Xebec, I.e. the king of the world.

I talked about this in this thread based on Celestial's theory =>
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-on-your-predictions-for-the-final-arc.13322/

Garp also made a nice post which says the same thing =>

Not a bad idea, but the way you included Mihawk in this sounds kind of forced.
Allow your phone to rotate, you see sigs on wide-screen.

And I don't believe it was Blackbeard, because if it was Blackbeard then Oda would have just implied it there. It's no secret he doesn't like Blackbeard. There is no meaning behind it to cliffhanger that statment. Plus, he waited until THAT moment to talk about Blackbeard? Why not the last 2 years? Blackbeard didn't make his move until AFTER the Reverie. The only notable thing that happens before this is Luffy getting a massive bounty raise.

And in that case, why is he warning the Gorosei of all people about Blackbeard? They are worse than he is lol. I'm sorry, I don't agree with that notion lol.

And yes I've read that post before with Garp. Like ive said I believe Blackbeard is tied into the endgame. If you read the post I have, I go into what I think Blackbeard and Shanks are to each other. I just don't agree he's the "last" fight. Blackbeard doesn't really bring this series to an emotional close. He's not that kind of antagonist.

Last edited: