Questions & Mysteries Who are the Holy Knights?

I'm trying to be logical here. We have a Shounen manga in which these old mysterious farts with battle scars rule the evil opressor of the world for at least decades. Of fucking course I'm assuming they'll be more relevant as fighters than a new force thrown in a thousand chapters later.

Think of it this way, what purpose would the Gorosei serve the narrative if they aren't strong. They haven't been present at the void century while Imu was so they're likely just taken the position through their families.
This is a strange take when the Gorosei’s narrative importance has never been about their strength and has always been around their political leadership. They’ve served that narrative function for 800 chapters, and done it very well, without ever throwing a punch.

Whereas the Knights have solely been introduced as the ones who will be bringing the real war to the RA. That is, so far, their one and only purpose for being.

I'm trying to be logical here. We have a Shounen manga in which these old mysterious farts with battle scars rule the evil opressor of the world for at least decades. Of fucking course I'm assuming they'll be more relevant as fighters than a new force thrown in a thousand chapters later.

Think of it this way, what purpose would the Gorosei serve the narrative if they aren't strong. They haven't been present at the void century while Imu was so they're likely just taken the position through their families.
The Holy Knights got more combatant hype than the Gorosei ever had in 1 chapter. You want to talk about tropes but ignore that.

The Gorosei might be reasonably strong, but there’s no reason to believe they’re the only guards of Imu. Specially if it’s revealed that Imu’s assistant is a holy knight, or that the Gorosei are former knights.

Maybe even Dragon doesn't know they are fighters and considers them just the CD leaders?
Also, isn't Gandhi the leader?
Well, the Gorosei aren’t a secret like Im. It would be a big surprise to me if Dragon doesn’t know whether they can fight or not.

Gorbachev is the leader. He’s nearly always shown as the central figure and a few chapters back Oda picked him as their representative out of the five.

Well, the Gorosei aren’t a secret like Im. It would be a big surprise to me if Dragon doesn’t know whether they can fight or not.

Gorbachev is the leader. He’s nearly always shown as the central figure and a few chapters back Oda picked him as their representative out of the five.

Gorbachev is actually a good name for him, I might use that ngl.

They are basically Satellites of their Leader & 10th Knight who serves as Mary Geoise Secondary Villain
But instead of being Scientific Experiment, They are his Natural Ability & He shares his Haki with them (Instead of Intellect)

Your fear of Doffy grows each passing chapter.
His only appearance or mention in years is a cover page that was a request lol.
Nobody's scared of him coming back.
I’ve called him that for so long I don’t think I’ll be able to adjust to him becoming St Jupiter.

Same for Gandhi and St Mars.
Yeah I like the nicknames better honestly.

Maybe like Imu they are the people who received the immortality surgery from OP DF(Law). So they are the current only 10 people in the World who doesn't get old(maybe Man Marked by Flames too?).

And I would say that Gorosei are not those living the eternity since one of them didn't knew about Luffy's DF. In fact it seems someone told them that information so I would guess none of them knew.

This is a strange take when the Gorosei’s narrative importance has never been about their strength and has always been around their political leadership. They’ve served that narrative function for 800 chapters, and done it very well, without ever throwing a punch.

Whereas the Knights have solely been introduced as the ones who will be bringing the real war to the RA. That is, so far, their one and only purpose for being.
This is my opinion, but i believe Oda has made a clear distinction in OP between a person of authority that's secretly pathetic and someone that really is to be taken seriously. Take Spandam and Orochi as an example. Both commanded stronger forces, but at several instances characters either thought to themselves or spoken out directly that they're pathetic even outright having them be beat by someone in a gag scene.

I don't get this vibe from the Gorosei. I believe they need to be strong fighters to back up their roles as the rulers of the WG, they surely weren't intimidated by Shanks or Akainu, not the slightest bit.

The Holy Knights to me look like the main army of the WG, but not their elite fighters. Every faction needs a large army and we've already been told that the Navy is not seen as a direct part of the WG by the Gorosei themselves.

I believe that's the role of the Holy Knights.
The Holy Knights got more combatant hype than the Gorosei ever had in 1 chapter. You want to talk about tropes but ignore that.

The Gorosei might be reasonably strong, but there’s no reason to believe they’re the only guards of Imu. Specially if it’s revealed that Imu’s assistant is a holy knight, or that the Gorosei are former knights.
Let's wait and see ig.

I don't get this vibe from the Gorosei. I believe they need to be strong fighters to back up their roles as the rulers of the WG, they surely weren't intimidated by Shanks
”新世界〟を静観しつつ、五老星曰く「暴れさせ れば手に負えない」ほどの凶暴さも持つ。彼の 投じる一石は、世界に大きな波紋を広げる。” TRANSLATION: “While he spends most of his time in the New World as an observer, he’s also so ferocious that the Gorosei believe “If he goes on a rampage, he’d be too much to handle”. When this man takes action, ripples spread across the globe.”

Now that we've learnt Imu has 9 special guards named "God /Holy Knights"

Do they live in Mariejois or all over the world?
idk about the rest of them but one of them likes to be out there, yes. *squeak*

What do you think their main tasks are?
depends on how self-sufficient imu-sama is. does imu-sama have the ability to spy on everyone in the world? maybe. but if he doesn't, then the knights could be his eyes and ears. remember the florian triangle monsters? were they just monsters or imu-sama himself or one of the knights?

they obviously have to solve various disputes between the CDs. maybe they have to guard the giant straw hat.

and yes i think it's possible dragon may have been one

This is my opinion, but i believe Oda has made a clear distinction in OP between a person of authority that's secretly pathetic and someone that really is to be taken seriously. Take Spandam and Orochi as an example. Both commanded stronger forces, but at several instances characters either thought to themselves or spoken out directly that they're pathetic even outright having them be beat by someone in a gag scene.

I don't get this vibe from the Gorosei. I believe they need to be strong fighters to back up their roles as the rulers of the WG, they surely weren't intimidated by Shanks or Akainu, not the slightest bit.

The Holy Knights to me look like the main army of the WG, but not their elite fighters. Every faction needs a large army and we've already been told that the Navy is not seen as a direct part of the WG by the Gorosei themselves.

I believe that's the role of the Holy Knights.
Or they are like Cobra.

Who was, as this chapter points out, a fine king, well worthy of respect, but never was implied to have the slightest combat ability. Despite that, he could face up to Crocodile who could have wiped him in a second.

Or they are like Cobra.

Who was, as this chapter points out, a fine king, well worthy of respect, but never was implied to have the slightest combat ability. Despite that, he could face up to Crocodile who could have wiped him in a second.
Always a possibility but they have battle scars and one of em even wields a cursed shodai kitetsu. The narrative behind cursed blades is that someone that isn't strong can't tame a blade like that.

I believe they can't be compared to Cobra, they have slightly more implications to be fighters of a certain quality.

For instance i don't think Imu will be a fighter but the Gorosei are/will be.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
What do you think their main tasks are?
I think they are fighters that subdue kingdoms from around the world that rebels against the WG.

Do they live in Mariejois or all over the world?
It seems that the newest chapter states that they are dispatched around the world. And if they were to live in Mariejois, they would have supported Admirals Fujitora and Ryokugyu. But only CP0 were there.

What are they?
Top tier Celestial Dragons that trained at birth. The Gorosei could have been former Holy Knights.