Questions & Mysteries WHO GAVE WHITEBEARD HIS SCAR ?

Yea it’s definitely roger but there’s strong possibility it’s both roger and someone else because he has two other scars at some point after he receives the one from roger. . I hope one of y’all can ask him in an sbs or we just gonna have to wait for something in the future. Btw, it seems like when whitebeard was “old beard” and starting losing hair and wearing the bandana is when he received the other two scars. Meanwhile, while he was in his prime is when he received the first scar across his chest and we know know who’s the only pirate that went toe to toe with him in an equal stalemate in his prime(roger). Even during his death oda drew whitebeard having a flashback of his last meeting with roger and the anime showed the scar while he was speaking and drinking sake with roger. Oda also drew a cover story in the manga with the scar on his chest standing next to roger as equals and they have the same attire and appearance as that last meeting. Oda also stated whitebeard was equal even to the pirate king. Strongly hinting and might be a possibility that they fought one more in their last meeting while roger was the pirate king.

Last edited:
This is something thats been bugging me for a while,

This is whitebeard.

As you can see he has a scar across his chest,
because of this line i always thought it was roger who did that,

The wound i got from that guy aches when i look at your face
(note now he could actually be talking about roger for other wounds but it CANNOT be that one across his chest)

on to wb and roger

NO SCAR ON WB
After the fight

NO SCAR ON WB
and after rogers journey just before he died iirc even after roger left his crew they met one final time

WHILST IT IS OBSCURED IT SEEMS ITS NOT THERE EVEN THEN

So the question is WHO CUT WB ?

someone deeply connected to Shanks

but I have my doubts if it's Roger ... WB calls him "bastard" in anime ...

someone deeply connected to Shanks

but I have my doubts if it's Roger ... WB calls him "bastard" in anime ...

Lol, whitebeard always talks down on anybody. He showed respect for shanks and vice versa but still called him a snot nosed brat like he did with rockstar. He called akainu a magma brat and told him light up a birthday cake. Him saying that bastard is just a common thing characters that share a rivalry with each other say in one piece (zoro and sanji call each other this multiple times in the story)

Last edited:
Lol whitebeard always talks down on anybody. Him saying bastard especially in the anime shouldn’t give u doubts I take what the manga says an he just says “that guy” same anime that made akainu call a certain someone a scum but in the manga and viz “he just said red hair see u let him escape”
I like to look past the obvious ...

keep in mind ... IN THIS VERY CHAPTER ... Oda reveal Shanks was a Roger Pirate crewmember ...

there is NO POINT for not saying "Roger" and yet "THAT GUY"

Oda is trying to hide something if you ask me ...

I like to look past the obvious ...

keep in mind ... IN THIS VERY CHAPTER ... Oda reveal Shanks was a Roger Pirate crewmember ...

there is NO POINT for not saying "Roger" and yet "THAT GUY"

Oda is trying to hide something if you ask me ...
Yea, but idk oda’s the same guy who said in an sbs he was confused as to whether or not insert shiki name as one of the legends / great pirates whitebeard talked about and mentioned in his convo with shanks.
I’m sure outright saying roger(whitebeard equal) scarred the “world strongest man” might be confusing to him or the readers because of whitebeard portrayal. There’s also the possibility of someone also along with roger that gave him the two other scars after roger gave him the first scar. If that same person was a yonko on the same level as whitebeard but whitebeard is portrayed as “world strongest man” it might be confusing seeing as this shiki thing that he mentioned seemed confusing for some reason at the time. After seeing this sbs and this whole rocks thing I definitely think shiki’s the lurking legend. Oda himself called him a great pirate in this sbs and in chapter 0 and strong world and he drew chapter 0 and had him fight roger in Great War between great pirates. Also, when shiki came to visit whitebeard after he escaped impel down. Whitebeard, had the first scar across his chest and they talked about how the seas were without roger even saying that roger was a wall that held them in. If oda goes on to show that roger was the one to defeat xebec/ rocks (who is whitebeard and shiki former captain) in kaido’s flashback, then I have no doubt that roger (who is the one deeply connected to shanks) is the one who gave whitebeard that scar.

Last edited:
it cant be Buggy, can it :usoprice::usoprice::usoprice:
Post automatically merged:

This is something thats been bugging me for a while,

This is whitebeard.

As you can see he has a scar across his chest,
because of this line i always thought it was roger who did that,

The wound i got from that guy aches when i look at your face
(note now he could actually be talking about roger for other wounds but it CANNOT be that one across his chest)

on to wb and roger

NO SCAR ON WB
After the fight

NO SCAR ON WB
and after rogers journey just before he died iirc even after roger left his crew they met one final time

WHILST IT IS OBSCURED IT SEEMS ITS NOT THERE EVEN THEN

So the question is WHO CUT WB ?
Imu,
Shanks son of Imu,
Imu strong enough to face whitebeard and wound WB in WB's prime :kata:

.... wth, I cant put Kong in any kind of theory or assumption, not even in this case, his looks completely different from Shanks and etc the guy is so irrelevant to the end... even the strongest foe among marines is considered to be Akainu :whitepress:

Last edited:

てめェの顔ァ見るとあの野郎から受けた傷が疼きやがる - When I see your face the wounds/scars I got from that bastard aches

てめェの顔ァ見るとあの野郎から受けた傷が疼きやがる - When I see your face the wounds/scars I got from that bastard aches
白ひげの体に残る傷は、ロジャーとの激戦の証であり、忘れ得ぬ思い出…。- The wounds/scars that remain on whitebeard’s body are proof/evidence of a fierce battle with roger, they are unforgettable memories....

(source: one piece databook yellow grand elements)

ロジャーの船とはよく戦りあったせいで
殺し合いの中で妙な顔馴染になった… - Because I fought alot with roger & his ship I became strangely familiar with faces in the midst of trying to kill each other…

いっちょやるか生きててこその“殺し合い”!!! - Let’s do it we can only try to kill each other while we’re still alive!!!

Last edited:
Could be from Rayleigh after they split up with Roger.

So everyone accepts WB as strongest man after defeating Rayleigh and Rayleigh retires from being a pirate, similar to Kaido vs Oden.

WB defeats Rayleigh but gets a scar from him.

Thus WB still remembers him after seeing Shanks.

Thats also why Buggy was certain of Roger>Rayleigh by saying WB was the only one who can fight equally with him, not Rayleigh.

Thats also why Shiki acknowledges its WB's age now since Roger died, his scar was there when Shiki arrived.

There was no scar after their 3 days fight.