General & Others Who still thinks Zoro surpasses Oden this arc ?

Would Zoro defeat Oden in 1 vs 1 combat at the end of Wano ?

• Total voters
Zoro has his ways to go, he has yet to learn advanced armament, in enmas case control haki... concentrates haki into enma ( not over flowing with haki) which oden has shown to demonstrate, which i think he'll grasp in this fight to damage kaido exponentially looks like even enma isn't doing volumes for zoro against kaido so he'll have to master it in this fight..

This is up for debate if anyone wants to.
Post automatically merged:

If Zoro Kills Kaido and Emma Turns Black, Zoro has surpassed Oden. And by default so did Luffy
Enma won't turn black that easily... i reckon wado will be the first one

What we know is that Zoro was allegedly about to pull an Oden but Big Mom interfered with it. That's indicative when we are unaware of their accurate other stats comparison, when we also consider the alleged Asura mode.

Honestly the odds Zoro hasn't already surpassed Oden are quite low, complexively, despite our lack of information in its totality.

What we know is that Zoro was allegedly about to pull an Oden but Big Mom interfered with it. That's indicative when we are unaware of their accurate other stats comparison, when we also consider the alleged Asura mode.

Honestly the odds Zoro hasn't already surpassed Oden are quite low, complexively, despite our lack of information in its totality.
him not yet being able to tame enma which he confirms from his own words, is blatantly indicative that he hasn't... i hate the notion of zoro already surpassing Oden with no resistance to that objective at all, this would make zoro very banal and bland since there was no gradual progression put behind his achievements.... which kinda contradicts his motto of grinding to become a better swordsman.

Lol, I don't think I remember Yamato comparing Luffy to Oden. Yamato is the one who actually claims to be Oden...

As far as the ceiling thing goes, that's just reading the wrong lines too deeply. If you think the characters he sees as legends are actually being compared, then you have to say Oden is on the level of Roger when he clearly wasn't. Or you have to associate Oden with Rocks somewhere beyond just the very basic idea that they were bold and strong men who interacted with Kaido at some point.

Vs Zoro having Enma and stinging him with it right now. There won't be another monster samurai, except Zoro has the will of Ryuma and the sword of Oden

Lol, I don't think I remember Yamato comparing Luffy to Oden. Yamato is the one who actually claims to be Oden...

As far as the ceiling thing goes, that's just reading the wrong lines too deeply. If you think the characters he sees as legends are actually being compared, then you have to say Oden is on the level of Roger when he clearly wasn't. Or you have to associate Oden with Rocks somewhere beyond just the very basic idea that they were bold and strong men who interacted with Kaido at some point.

Vs Zoro having Enma and stinging him with it right now. There won't be another monster samurai, except Zoro has the will of Ryuma and the sword of Oden
Yamato: “Perhaps you are more Oden than I.” I don’t know how you can misinterpret that as Yamato not saying Luffy is similar to Oden.

Kaido saying Luffys ceiling is similar to that of Oden is also very straight forward.

You get samurai is the general term for warrior right? And Luffy calls himself a samurai early in the Wano arc. Zoro has Odens sword, but Luffy has Odens will.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kaido himself said that Luffys ceiling is like that of Oden.
Nah, Kaido compared Luffy's ceiling to 5 great warriors who had left a lasting impression on him.

Yamato who idolizes oden and knows everything about him says Luffy is like Oden.
I don't recall the scene you're referring to, could you please share the panel?

Even the balloons that show Odens form are in the same pose as Boundman.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Oda has connected one character to being like Oden time and time again, and that’s Luffy
Yet it's Zoro that:
  • Inherited his sword and unfulfilled will
  • Shall surpass Oden by forging Enma Black
  • Shall reopen Oden's old scar/give him a new one
  • Is the monster samurai of the likes of Kozuki Oden that Kaido's waiting for
  • Oden's daughter begged to save Wano

I am not sure there is a second Oden, but I don't think Luffy has a stronger connection to Oden than Zoro. That entire notion sounds absurd.

Nah, Kaido compared Luffy's ceiling to 5 great warriors who had left a lasting impression on him.

I don't recall the scene you're referring to, could you please share the panel?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yet it's Zoro that:
  • Inherited his sword and unfulfilled will
  • Shall surpass Oden by forging Enma Black
  • Shall reopen Oden's old scar/give him a new one
  • Is the monster samurai of the likes of Kozuki Oden that Kaido's waiting for
  • Oden's daughter begged to save Wano

I am not sure there is a second Oden, but I don't think Luffy has a stronger connection to Oden than Zoro. That entire notion sounds absurd.
1. It’s a better comparison than anything Zoro has received.

2. I don’t know how to share panels but it’s literally the chapter after Yamato’s introduction

3. Look at the fire festival scenes and you’ll see the giant balloon Odens in the same design as gear 4 boundman always has

4. Luffy calls himself a samurai so he’s more likely to be the monster samurai Kaido is waiting for.

5. Odens Son and retainers begged Luffy to save Wano. And they knew Oden better than Hiyori.

him not yet being able to tame enma which he confirms from his own words, is blatantly indicative that he hasn't... i hate the notion of zoro already surpassing Oden with no resistance to that objective at all, this would make zoro very banal and bland since there was no gradual progression put behind his achievements.... which kinda contradicts his motto of grinding to become a better swordsman.
He never confirmed that he wasn't able to tame Enma.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
1. It’s a better comparison than anything Zoro has received.
No, it's a comparison to 5 warriors that could harm Kaido and not Oden in particular. It's not actually a good comparison.

2. I don’t know how to share panels but it’s literally the chapter after Yamato’s introduction
Chapter number.

3. Look at the fire festival scenes and you’ll see the giant balloon Odens in the same design as gear 4 boundman always has
I'd like the chapter number as well, but this doesn't sound meaningful or significant to me.

4. Luffy calls himself a samurai so he’s more likely to be the monster samurai Kaido is waiting for.
  1. Luffy is not actually a samurai.
  2. The samurai as monstrous as Kozuki Oden was brought up in the context of the Scabbards being too weak to open up the scar Oden left behind and by extension too weak to kill Kaido.
    • Unless you think Luffy is going to cut Kaido up, it's not him.

Kaido has noticed Oden's presence in Zoro's sword several times now.

Yamato: “Perhaps you are more Oden than I.” I don’t know how you can misinterpret that as Yamato not saying Luffy is similar to Oden.

Kaido saying Luffys ceiling is similar to that of Oden is also very straight forward.

You get samurai is the general term for warrior right? And Luffy calls himself a samurai early in the Wano arc. Zoro has Odens sword, but Luffy has Odens will.
The Scabbards have his will... he uses his dying words to talk them up. Momonosuke has his will, he is his son and has had struggles to uphold his legacy since Zou. Yamato has Oden's will, besides that throwaway compliment hardly anyone would remember, Yamato reiterates fighting alongside Luffy "as Oden" in the recent chapter.

The ceiling thing again, doesn't compare similarities between characters, but ambitions. Which is why Oden's not singled out

He never confirmed that he wasn't able to tame Enma.
"i need to exert more of enma"
"When i master this blade I'll be much stronger" (atm he's his same old self but with enma's abilities and taking advantage of that foq his attacks against kaido )
and there is no evidence or spoken words by himself that indicate he did master enma..

Its like saying just because he was using Shusui the first time he got, he had already mastered it. which makes no sense

After he exerted the huge slash against kaido he started wheezing, that s just to show he's using enmas quality of absorbing more haki than the necessary to his advantage but it was a double edged blade. Mastering enma would him having better control over haki flow. which he doesn't seem to be having and there is no evidence that he does have better control over haki in enma.

"i need to exert more of enma"
"When i master this blade I'll be much stronger" (atm he's his same old self but with enma's abilities and taking advantage of that foq his attacks against kaido )
and there is no evidence or spoken words by himself that indicate he did master enma..

Its like saying just because he was using Shusui the first time he got, he had already mastered it. which makes no sense

After he exerted the huge slash against kaido he started wheezing, that s just to show he's using enmas quality of absorbing more haki than the necessary to his advantage but it was a double edged blade. Mastering enma would him having better control over haki flow. which he doesn't seem to be having and there is no evidence that he does have better control over haki in enma.
He said he needs to "unleash" more of Enma. Which means he was holding it back. Stop making shit up. He huffs after attacks before Enma, that means noting

He said he needs to "unleash" more of Enma. Which means he was holding it back. Stop making shit up. He huffs after attacks before Enma, that means noting
Well of you'd stop using coarse language, this can be done without causing any unnecessary friction..

the words blatantly mean that zoro wasn't exerting enough with enma... hence not having control over it..

it wouldn't make sense that he would use Onigiri and then i have to unleash enma's potential by using more haki... which again can be argued that he did when he first cuts kaido..

This is the First thing that comes to mind... making stuff up is just altering the primary meaning which u just did by making it seem like zoro was holding back and zoro wasn't going all out with that attack against kaido of all people... plus zoro even specifies enma.. and not phrasing it like "i have to exert more"..

what zoro said means that he has to exert or unleash more of enma in his attacks.. soo lack of control again.

Well of you'd stop using coarse language, this can be done without causing any unnecessary friction..

the words blatantly mean that zoro wasn't exerting enough with enma... hence not having control over it..

it wouldn't make sense that he would use Onigiri and then i have to unleash enma's potential by using more haki... which again can be argued that he did when he first cuts kaido..

This is the First thing that comes to mind... making stuff up is just altering the primary meaning which u just did by making it seem like zoro was holding back and zoro wasn't going all out with that attack against kaido of all people... plus zoro even specifies enma.. and not phrasing it like "i have to exert more"..

what zoro said means that he has to exert or unleash more of enma in his attacks.. soo lack of control again.
Unleashing something doesn't mean you can't control ut. Please learn definitions. He literally didn't harden any of his swords with onigiri and giving Enma Haki is Unleashing cause we seen haki coming out of it afterwards

Unleashing something doesn't mean you can't control ut. Please learn definitions. He literally didn't harden any of his swords with onigiri and giving Enma Haki is Unleashing cause we seen haki coming out of it afterwards
Funny how people here kick the context to kingdom come here.... zoro performs Onigiri and says that he has to unleash more of enma and not that he has to exert more generally... and we can see how he learns from this when he first cuts kaido and even kaido notes to enma.

zoro imbues his enma with even more haki aka unleashing more of enma... which he didn't when he was executing onigiri on kaido.. which logically he has to exert more to control haki in enma coz it rapidly absorbs it.
if every other sword was imbued with the same amount of haki.. Kaido wouldn't just point Enma out having that Strange haki

Again just like shusui its illogical to say that he has mastered enma just days into its use.. with shusui there was an unbalanced of weight included in his 3 sword style which in this case is Haki instead of weight..

again there is no proof entailing that enma has been mastered but there still is evidence that he hasn't mastered the blade.
He said it himself that he'd be stronger if he did master the blade and the only thing he is doing right now is use enma primarily to hurt kaido by using its quality of absorbing more haki, him mastering the sword would logically mean that he would control the haki flow in enma instinctively like other blades and not using it for unnecessarily large haki slashes which leave him wheezing. bruh

Funny how people here kick the context to kingdom come here.... zoro performs Onigiri and says that he has to unleash more of enma and not that he has to exert more generally... and we can see how he learns from this when he first cuts kaido and even kaido notes to enma.

zoro imbues his enma with even more haki aka unleashing more of enma... which he didn't when he was executing onigiri on kaido.. which logically he has to exert more to control haki in enma coz it rapidly absorbs it.
if every other sword was imbued with the same amount of haki.. Kaido wouldn't just point Enma out having that Strange haki

Again just like shusui its illogical to say that he has mastered enma just days into its use.. with shusui there was an unbalanced of weight included in his 3 sword style which in this case is Haki instead of weight..

again there is no proof entailing that enma has been mastered but there still is evidence that he hasn't mastered the blade.
He said it himself that he'd be stronger if he did master the blade and the only thing he is doing right now is use enma primarily to hurt kaido by using its quality of absorbing more haki, him mastering the sword would logically mean that he would control the haki flow in enma instinctively like other blades and not using it for unnecessarily large haki slashes which leave him wheezing. bruh
Zoro hardened all his swords not just enma. You can argue he hasn't mastered it, all i ak saying he never said that.