Character Discussion Why are people disrespecting Sanji for asking for help when Zoro did the same thing?

Is Sanji wrong for asking Robin for help?

• Total voters
Let's talk as if we're the strawhats

Premise A
"Robin was already in the frontline and nobody is capturing her, Therefore Robin can travel freely anywhere she want because they (BP) seem to have no interest in Robin"

Now, i ask you, what's the difference with this premise

Premise B
"There are a group of people enjoying their time in a rainforest, they then came across a pack of wolf. However, the wolves seemed to have no interest in that group of people. Consequently, that group of people proceeded to act whatever they want since they have the premise that the wolves are not attacking them"

If you were in that group, do you think it's fine to do such act?
Not much difference between the premises and I don't think it's fine but at the same time, it's everyone's fault if something goes wrong.

None of the Straw Hats should ask Robin for help in the battle at Onigahsima and she shouldn't even be here. Robin's wanted. The government's been looking for her. It's reckless but at the same time, that's what being on the crew entails. Luffy will protect his crew, Robin understands that, Robin can handle herself, Sanji understands that.

I don't feel like Sanji made Robin's situation worse (not by a large extent) when her location was obvious before but she's constantly moving due to her teleportation, and she already had plans to face someone strong (Marco telling her that her and Brook are too valuable to waste on fighting randos). The only major threat was Black Maria and her traps and Robin handled the traps effortlessly, now her and Brook will handle Maria herself then leave. They shouldn't be in any danger when Robin can leave at any point. If Robin getting hurt is something that the Straw Hats would blame Sanji for then why do they take her into battle? I don't recall the Straw Hats even being aware of Cipher-Pol so how would they worry or prepare for that?

Not much difference between the premises and I don't think it's fine but at the same time, it's everyone's fault if something goes wrong.

None of the Straw Hats should ask Robin for help in the battle at Onigahsima and she shouldn't even be here. Robin's wanted. The government's been looking for her. It's reckless but at the same time, that's what being on the crew entails. Luffy will protect his crew, Robin understands that, Robin can handle herself, Sanji understands that.
True, being on the crew is already a danger to her, but my point is, acting recklessly is not justified at any costs. When there is a problem, you should make it better, or lessen it a bit at the very least, not making it worse.

I don't feel like Sanji made Robin's situation worse (not by a large extent) when her location was obvious before but she's constantly moving due to her teleportation, and she already had plans to face someone strong (Marco telling her that her and Brook are too valuable to waste on fighting randos). The only major threat was Black Maria and her traps and Robin handled the traps effortlessly, now her and Brook will handle Maria herself then leave. They shouldn't be in any danger when Robin can leave at any point. If Robin getting hurt is something that the Straw Hats would blame Sanji for then why do they take her into battle? I don't recall the Straw Hats even being aware of Cipher-Pol so how would they worry or prepare for that?
That's why Sanji was naive, he ruled out the possibility that there might be a group watching them from a distance, he ruled out the possibility that by calling out Robin it might trigger one's interest in capturing Robin. Also, i adressed it above, acting recklessly is definitely a no-go at any costs
Post automatically merged:

The SHs are a reckless crew. Everyone that comes across them realizes that.
I know, but this thread is specifically talking about Sanj

She can make eyes everywhere and find him easily. Not to mention the fact she was already just outside.
You do realise she cant just create eyes in places shes never seen before. She would logically have to create an eye and then create another eye from what that eye can see and so on. And she would have to do that in many different directions. It would take way too long for her to find him.

he couldve asked the others, Jinbei or Nami for instance, or, they shouldve made pseudonyms right before the raid began
BM wants Robin. Part of the reason Sanji called for Robin, was so BM could just release him. He's stupid for trusting her. But this is Sanji after all.

True, being on the crew is already a danger to her, but my point is, acting recklessly is not justified at any costs. When there is a problem, you should make it better, or lessen it a bit at the very least, not making it worse.

That's why Sanji was naive, he ruled out the possibility that there might be a group watching them from a distance, he ruled out the possibility that by calling out Robin it might trigger one's interest in capturing Robin. Also, i adressed it above, acting recklessly is definitely a no-go at any costs
If Sanji did all those things you have here listed, how does that make him naive??? What you are saying defeats your argument of being reckless.

He's stupid for trusting her. But this is Sanji after all.
At least you admit it
Post automatically merged:

If Sanji did all those things you have here listed, how does that make him naive??? What you are saying defeats your argument of being reckless.
wdym? he was naive because those things

these 2 situations aren’t really comparable but yea i agree people lost their shit because it was sanji, also everyone on the island realized it was a trap robin certainly did too also everyone knows where everyone is no sanji didn’t reveal anyone’s location

sanji wouldn’t have called for robin if he didn’t think she could handle maria, sanji wouldn’t call for ussop to save him from kaido

robin isn’t a treasure or a trophy she joined the war to fight and help her friends just like everyone else and she’s doing that now.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
these 2 situations aren’t really comparable but yea i agree people lost their shit because it was sanji, also everyone on the island realized it was a trap robin certainly did too also everyone knows where everyone is no sanji didn’t reveal anyone’s location

sanji wouldn’t have called for robin if he didn’t think she could handle maria, sanji wouldn’t call for ussop to save him from kaido

robin isn’t a treasure or a trophy she joined the war to fight and help her friends just like everyone else and she’s doing that now.
What does that mean ? He left nami and ussop with page one and ulti and ulti would have killed them both if not for tama.