Current Events Why do People Expect Sanji to Solo a Calamity?

Sanji vs Calamities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well you can say that for Sanji as well, as he let himself get beat up by a Flying Six without even using CoA to defend himself, and ran through an army of Headliners and Gifters, fighting them off to protect Luffy and then Zoro for a while.

If Sanji ends up fighting Queen and we get the title box saying Sanji vs Queen, then it's a 1 vs 1 fight.
Yeah, and Luffy took damage from Apoo before he fought Kaido.

Yes, neither Sanji and Queen are going into the battle fresh, but there’s a world of difference between taking attacks from Marco and taking attacks from Black Maria and fodder.

Let alone the question of whether the Scabbards, Drake or Chopper help out.

Just because Sanji vs Queen will eventually go one vs one, it doesn’t mean we can ignore everything that has happened to Queen beforehand, anymore than we can ignore what happened to Kaido before Luffy eventually takes him out.

He emphasised the invisibility as what what peaked his interest, not any perceived damage because there was non

That's an exaggeration , his scream wasn't heard all over the town.
P1 hit Sanji once and Sanji took damage.

Exactly we actually see Luffy training.
The G3 Luffy used on P1 was different tgan the one used on Kaido.
Yes he needs G4 to get out of Ulti's grip...nothing contradicts that.

My point has always been about him soloing a Calamity.
We see Law and the others hearing them echoing story blocks away.

Sanji's reaction was "I can feel that a bit", while Page One was letting out literal screams of pain.

And post training he still has dificulties against the F6, so you can't hold it against Sanji that the first time he uses the RS and only tests out his functions he doesn't beat up Page One so bad that he can't recover to be part of the war two weeks later with only two kicks.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
You think Yamato will be stronger than Sanji. Your opinion is null and void.

Edit: Wait a minute, this man just said “flabbergasted”
Yamato is considerably stronger than Sanji and will remain so.

And? Law couldn’t defeat Doflamingo and now he’s injuring and reacting to Kaido. Zoro was struggling against Denshiro earlier and then performed well against Kaido. Yamato couldn’t even put down Ulti after an off-guard attack and she’s probably going to be injuring Kaido. Luffy has learner advanced CotC out of nowhere and after his latest ass kicking, is probably going to learn another power up. Kidd is also probably about to injure Big Mom.
I disagree with most of these/think there are caveats that could be applied to them, but the point of Sanji potentially gaining power ups stand.

Sanji will defeat Queen on his own regardless of his previous performance against Page One.
What then would the following characters do:
  • Drake
  • Apoo
  • Chopper
:choppawhat:

Powerscaling is not the only reason to doubt that Sanji triumphs over Queen in a 1 vs 1.

Now, obviously, nothing is granted or absolute but, as I said, I do not see anyone bar the calamities to show us the limit of the RS. And I do think that Oda will show us the limit of the RS this arc.
But I’m open-minded on the fact that Sanji fight someone else because of Oda curveball fetish
I think Sanji will defeat a Calamity, I'm just sceptical it would be by himself.

Yes but I don't see why you would compare Nami to Sanji in this case.
Nami is more important than Sanji as a character (she's one of the three triggers of One Piece) even if she's much less relevant than him as a combatant.

If Oda is not letting Nami gain a clean solo victory against:
  • A character created to be her designated girl fight
  • A character she has extensive build up for a battle with
  • A character that she said she cannot forgive
  • A character that she resolved herself to defeat

I become less confident in arguments that argue Sanji will solo Queen due to meta narrative reasons. The meta narrative was given a test with Nami and Ulti, and it failed woefully.

Yeah, and Luffy took damage from Apoo before he fought Kaido.

Yes, neither Sanji and Queen are going into the battle fresh, but there’s a world of difference between taking attacks from Marco and taking attacks from Black Maria and fodder.

Let alone the question of whether the Scabbards, Drake or Chopper help out.

Just because Sanji vs Queen will eventually go one vs one, it doesn’t mean we can ignore everything that has happened to Queen beforehand, anymore than we can ignore what happened to Kaido before Luffy eventually takes him out.
Queen is not letting himself get hit by Marco though. Marco landed a couple of attacks on a Queen that was in combat mode against him. Queen is part of a favorable scenario where he 2 vs 1's Marco alongside King.

Sanji let's a Flying Six beat the hell out of him to the point where Black Maria's subordinates think he might get killed soon, and it's emphasized how Sanji's not even willing to use CoA to lessen those blows.

Queen also has the Zoan recovery to fall back on, while Sanji has no such thing to improve his state going into that potential fight.

If we get a box saying Sanji vs Queen and the two fight, then it's going to be a solo fight.

We see Law and the others hearing them echoing story blocks away.

Sanji's reaction was "I can feel that a bit", while Page One was letting out literal screams of pain.

And post training he still has dificulties against the F6, so you can't hold it against Sanji that the first time he uses the RS and only tests out his functions he doesn't beat up Page One so bad that he can't recover to be part of the war two weeks later with only two kicks.
Law and co hearing it doesn't equate to the whole town hearing it. Non of the citizens even made mention of it.

If he felt pain then it means damage was done. So it is for both. In P1's case there was no bleeding or such. Luffy actually made P1 bleed with his G3

In a 2 v 1 , can't be compared with Sanji. Even in that 2 v 1 he still managed to make P1 bleed.

Yamato is considerably stronger than Sanji and will remain so.

I disagree with most of these/think there are caveats that could be applied to them, but the point of Sanji potentially gaining power ups stand.

What then would the following characters do:
  • Drake
  • Apoo
  • Chopper
:choppawhat:

Powerscaling is not the only reason to doubt that Sanji triumphs over Queen in a 1 vs 1.

I think Sanji will defeat a Calamity, I'm just sceptical it would be by himself.

Nami is more important than Sanji as a character (she's one of the three triggers of One Piece) even if she's much less relevant than him as a combatant.

If Oda is not letting Nami gain a clean solo victory against:
  • A character created to be her designated girl fight
  • A character she has extensive build up for a battle with
  • A character that she said she cannot forgive
  • A character that she resolved herself to defeat

I become less confident in arguments that argue Sanji will solo Queen due to meta narrative reasons. The meta narrative was given a test with Nami and Ulti, and it failed woefully.
Your delusions run deep. It’s a damn shame.

Sanji would mid high Yamato with current feats for both. Actually not even, he just mid diffs. Yamato is barely above Flying Six level

Queen is not letting himself get hit by Marco though. Marco landed a couple of attacks on a Queen that was in combat mode against him. Queen is part of a favorable scenario where he 2 vs 1's Marco alongside King.

Sanji let's a Flying Six beat the hell out of him to the point where Black Maria's subordinates think he might get killed soon, and it's emphasized how Sanji's not even willing to use CoA to lessen those blows.

Queen also has the Zoan recovery to fall back on, while Sanji has no such thing to improve his state going into that potential fight.

If we get a box saying Sanji vs Queen and the two fight, then it's going to be a solo fight.
It doesn’t matter whether Queen is letting himself get hit or not, the fact is that named attacks from a guy like Marco are heaven and earth above nameless knuckle-duster punches from Black Maria and a blacktooth/hooker combo kick. Queen’s also been fighting non-stop while Sanji’s had a couple of breaks to recover.

Law and co hearing it doesn't equate to the whole town hearing it. Non of the citizens even made mention of it.

If he felt pain then it means damage was done. So it is for both. In P1's case there was no bleeding or such. Luffy actually made P1 bleed with his G3

In a 2 v 1 , can't be compared with Sanji. Even in that 2 v 1 he still managed to make P1 bleed.
It's emphasized how little Sanji could feel of that attack because of how durable the RS is. Meanwhile in Page One case is emphasized how much he can feel Sanji's second kick because his screams of pain resonated through out the city to the point where Law and co could hear it clearly.

You don't see Page One's state after Sanji's second kick.

And again, Sanji's just testing out the RS while Luffy's using his polished fighting style with named moves post training.

Franky is soloing a Tobi Roppo when we've seen nothing that justifies him being on that level.

Brook was stalemating a gifter in Zou and got no-diffed by Perospero, now he's tag-teaming Black Maria with Robin, another character who hasn't done anything to justify her leap in strength.

Zoro needed help defeating Pica back in Dressrosa and got blitzed by Carrot, now he's fighting 2 Yonko and scarred one of them.

Why is Sanji the only character that people have issues with making jumps in power? People don't want him to solo a Calamity purely because of agenda reasons.

The ship has sailed for realistic growth because Oda decided to highlight Luffy's growth Post-TS at the expense of the rest of his main cast.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The fact we got introduced to them means they will make an apperance. Oda wouldn't go his way to say there is 10 of em and then only show two. That's like him showing 2 Tobi Roppo and then calling it good
If I'm not mistaken, then all the Numbers we were introduced to — all the silhouettes we saw and laughs we heard — have been accounted for. There is no missing Number.

Even if there are other Numbers, they did not appear in the Live Floor in 30+ chapters. I don't see them randomly showing up to fight the Scabbards. If they do show up at the Live Floor, I expect it to be because an Apoo that betrayed the Beast Pirates summoned them as extra manpower.

Sanji already showcased that he can hold his own against the likes of King and Queen.
No, he never showed that he can hold his own against King. He was essentially low diffed.

He neg diffed Page One
Sanji did not defeat Pay Pay at all, let alone with no difficulty.

Hell Sanji even knocked out Drake with 1 kick
This never happened in the manga.

And even with that you still have Sanji fighting Oven and Daifuku on equal footing.
The Tobi Roppo are above Oven and Daifuku.

And then you have Sanji facing King and matching his Zoan power in air
Sanji did not match Zoan King's power. Base King overpowered his block with a kick, choked him and took him out with a dive bomb attack.

Sanji may have been knocked out and didn't show himself again until a (few) chapter(s) later.

Sanji can deal with a calamity on his own with no help needed.
Maybe, he hasn't shown the ability to do this yet though.

It doesn’t matter whether Queen is letting himself get hit or not, the fact is that named attacks from a guy like Marco are heaven and earth above nameless knuckle-duster punches from Black Maria and a blacktooth/hooker combo kick. Queen’s also been fighting non-stop while Sanji’s had a couple of breaks to recover.
It absolutely matters, because Queen is fighting in his Zoan form and using CoA to defend himself, while Sanji's putting up absolutely no defense and getting hit non stop.

If Sanji was using the RS and CoA against Black Maria, you could belittle her attempts to harm him in this manner while contrasting it with Marco's attempts to harm Queen, but the scenario is entirely different and has to be considered as such.

This is Sanjis state after he let himself get beat up

This is Queens state after all the attacks we've seen him take from Marco

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
It absolutely matters, because Queen is fighting in his Zoan form and using CoA to defend himself, while Sanji's putting up absolutely no defense and getting hit non stop.

If Sanji was using the RS and CoA against Black Maria, you could belittle her attempts to harm him in this manner while contrasting it with Marco's attempts to harm Queen, but the scenario is entirely different and has to be considered as such.

This is Sanjis state after he let himself get beat up

This is Queens state after all the attacks we've seen him take from Marco

Where did queen use coa to defend himself ?

though. Marco landed a couple of attacks on a Queen that was in combat mode against him. Queen is part of a favorable scenario where he 2 vs 1's Marco alongside King.

Ok bu i still don't see why Nami's fights matters when it comes to Sanji. I mean Jimbei is fighting WW and his crew, Franky is fighting Sasaki. Chopper is more important than Brook yet Brook outshines him in WCI.

Sanji can solo a calamity regardless of what happens with Nami. There's no correlation between these 2 events.