General & Others Why do people think Mihawk will “FIGHT FOR” Buggy?

Perhaps Buggy can, somehow, manage to do the impossible?
Buggy can’t even make Mr 3 do this and you think he can make mihawk?

Peoole forget that the moment crocodile showed up, Buggy’s crew immediately abandoned him… As in the part of buggy’s crew that know he’s weak don’t respect him AT ALL… AT ALL

People who know buggy don’t give a fuck… it’s the idiots who don’t know him that do

So until fucking Alvida or Cabaji gain any level of respect for him (which they have not even after multiple years of being with him), until this happens, there’s zero chance Crocodile or Mihawk ever do
Post automatically merged:

hes found a group he can somewhat trust
@LANJI CUCKSMOKE
Where are you getting this “trust” nonsense from?

Even regarding Crocodile we are told that he’s only teaming up with crocodile because Crocodile’s utopia plan involves making an army that the government WOULD NOT attack

So everything mihawk does is to prevent him getting into unnecessary fights… Everything… when buggy started talking about going after one piece, Mihawk’s first statement was “you expect me to fight the Yonko for you”? That’s his literal first statement… and buggy says NO THEY WILL NOT FIGHT ANYONE

Cross guild is a bigger target than mihawk himself… He is only risking making himself a bigger target because he’s hoping the marines don’t try a and attack him… and he’s installing buggy as the fake leader so that if the marines to attack, he’ll give up buggy and go on with his day

Last edited:
He won’t. Buggy already decides he will cheat his way to laugh tale

@MonochromeYoru Mihawk is going along with it because it’s still doing want he wants… Mihawk wants cover from the marines… he’s still getting it

If the marines send 100 battleships and two admirals to cross guild headquarters, that’s the end… Mihawk is not doing a Whitebeard and standing against all this FOR FUCKING BUGGY… get it?

Mihawk joined cross guild to NOT FIGHT marines… If Marines still come for him, cross guild is officially not doing what Mihawk wants… So he’ll just fucking leave

@Kiri where is anyone going to go? Where are Pranks, The big mom pirates, the revs, or anyone supposed to go?

The only place safe from the flood is Mariejois… right? So why isn’t everyone on earth storming Mariejois as we speak? A strong military won’t stop the flood… Only invading the land of celestial dragons will do that

And yet this isn’t happening… why is that?

@Garp the Fist this will never happen… because mihawk doesn’t care about buggy or the one piece itself

@Franosuke huh? What race? Reaching laugh tale IS THE FINISH LINE… that’s the end of the race

If buggy is on laugh tale, that’s the end… only Luffy will emerge as Pirate king from laugh tale so the race ends at laugh tale

@zzShinichi
No, mihawk will not fight for cross guild… if the marines send. 100 battleships and 2 admirals to cross guild, mihawk will not make a Whitebeard style last stand

He’ll just leave and let cross guild be destroyed… He explicitly only joint cross guild SO THAT HE DOESNT GET ATTACKED BY MARINES

If the marines are attacking anyway… then…

@Mr.9000 No Mihawk has a choice… he’s too strong not to have a choice

You guys seemingly don’t even see how blatant Oda’s machinations are

You’re right that Oda wants Mihawk to be involved in the story… that’s true… but the problem is that Oda cannot make Mihawk fight for buggy… So do you see the solution to oda’s problem here

The solution is, cross guild will simply NOT FIGHT ANYONE… Oda wants mihawk involved but the moment 100 battleships and 2 admirals arrive to destroy Cross guild, Mihawk will abandon cross guild and just leave… so Oda will simply NEVER ALLOW 100 battleships and 2 admirals To attack cross guild

Get it? Mihawk and cross guild will never fight anyone… Because Oda doesn’t want mihawk to leave… and mihawk will leave the moment a fucking Yonko arrives to destroy cross guild… so no Yonko will arrive… so cross guild will never fight anyone

Buggy said this himself… they aren’t going to fight anyone… they are just gonna cheat their way to laugh tale
Why would Oda show us his bounty and remind us he’s stronger than Shanks, if he isn’t going to fight? Those “100 battleships” could be set up for another feat for mihawk. Mihawk will have a change of heart, just like when he decided Buggy should be a yonko.

Right now there is no reason to make Mihawk follow Buggy's dreams. He is written as bored man without any interest in the world. But that might change in upcoming events. For example, Dragon is waiting for God's Knights to make a move. Can also this event change Mihawk's mind?

What is clear is that something has to happen to make him follow someone even if it is for his own reasons. So patience, we will see what it is in the future.

Right now there is no reason to make Mihawk follow Buggy's dreams. He is written as bored man without any interest in the world. But that might change in upcoming events. For example, Dragon is waiting for God's Knights to make a move. Can also this event change Mihawk's mind?

What is clear is that something has to happen to make him follow someone even if it is for his own reasons. So patience, we will see what it is in the future.
Why are you complicating this? The only thing mihawk HAS to do is fight Zoro… that’s it… He his entire Buggy situation is only there so that Mihawk can run into the strawhats and fight Zoro

Anything besides Mihawk fighting Zoro is just community headcanon… Everyone is convinced Mihawk HAS to fight someone else and to make it even more ridiculous, mihawk has to fight someone else FOR BUGGY… and they’ll convince themselves of this despite them knowing Mihawk’s character

We saw Mihawk abandon a fight with Don Krieg… he just left… same way he just left Marineford when shanks showed up… Same way he just left his island when literal fodder marines showed up

This has been a running joke in the fandom that Mihawk abandons fights ALL THE TIME

And yet in this specific instance now people have gotten this weird idea that Mihawk is a true follower of Buggy and somehow this time he won’t do the thing they’ve been making fun of him for doing for years now… and specifically for Buggy’s sake no less

Mihawk will have a change of heart, just like when he decided Buggy should be a yonko.
@Mr.9000 Mihawk’s decision for Buggy to the Yonko was explained… remember… he said why he’s letting buggy be the Yonko… do you remember what he said?

He said he wants Buggy to be the target of the marines if the come after Cross guild…

Mihawk has literally said out of his mouth that he will abandon Buggy to be captured by the marines if they come after them… this is Mihawk’s direct goal… To leave if shit goes down

We saw Mihawk abandon a fight with Don Krieg… he just left… same way he just left Marineford when shanks showed up… Same way he just left his island when literal fodder marines showed up

This has been a running joke in the fandom that Mihawk abandons fights ALL THE TIME

And yet in this specific instance now people have gotten this weird idea that Mihawk is a true follower of Buggy and somehow this time he won’t do the thing they’ve been making fun of him for doing for years now… and specifically for Buggy’s sake no less
Spit brother
All this time the argument that people have been using to slander Mihawk is now somehow used in favor of him.

People think too highly of Mihawk's importance, and think oda is gonna show him fight against someone even tho when he had the perfect time to show it he didn't which was during Warlord abolishment.

Spit brother
All this time the argument that people have been using to slander Mihawk is now somehow used in favor of him.

People think too highly of Mihawk's importance, and think oda is gonna show him fight against someone even tho when he had the perfect time to show it he didn't which was during Warlord abolishment.
I’m not talking about slander or wank or whatever.

I’m just talking about character consistency

People think it’s a forgone conclusion that Somehow Oda has set up a fight between Mihawk and whoever they imagine when there’s no such thing

Mihawk is exactly the same as he was in chapter 52 when he was introduced… literally nothing has changed… but people’s headcanons have overridden their logic

I’m not talking about slander or wank or whatever.

I’m just talking about character consistency

People think it’s a forgone conclusion that Somehow Oda has set up a fight between Mihawk and whoever they imagine when there’s no such thing

Mihawk is exactly the same as he was in chapter 52 when he was introduced… literally nothing has changed… but people’s headcanons have overridden their logic
I agree with what u said.

People have built up a headcannon which goes against the way oda has been writing Mihawk since the beginning.

I agree on the point that Mihawk is in Cross guild only to be delivered to Zoro at the right moment and I also agree that most likely we will never have Sengoku/Fuji attack the Cross guild in order to see Mihawk fight, Oda is too focused on Nika/the current events/plethora of secondary characters to be bothered to show a Mihawk fight before Zoro.

Yet if he wants Mihawk to fight somebody he has a ton of excuses to do so, an example: why would Croco fight for Luffy and the WB alliance at Marineford? Even to the point of saving other people (despite Croco being a scumbag when Mihawk isn't). Oda simply had to makes some excuses and the work was done, same for Mihawk, on the top of my mind if Fuji shows up he just have to make some statements about how he heard about Mihawk swordsmanship and wants to see if it really is the best in the world and the job is done, you have a Mihawk vs Fuji duel.

p he just have to make some statements about how he heard about Mihawk swordsmanship
Isn’t that backwards? That’s Fujitora’s reason to fight mihawk, What’s Mihawk’s reason for accepting a fight with him?

If your entire point is that “Oda will completely change this character so that he does what I want him to do” then I guess I can’t argue with that

I’m simply going off of what the story has presented

Isn’t that backwards? That’s Fujitora’s reason to fight mihawk, What’s Mihawk’s reason for accepting a fight with him?

If your entire point is that “Oda will completely change this character so that he does what I want him to do” then I guess I can’t argue with that

I’m simply going off of what the story has presented
Imo that would work as an excuse: Fuji is there to deal with former warlords and so wants to deal with Mihawk too, he uses those phrases as a provocation and Mihawk being challenged by an admiral with a sword is triggered to accept the challenge, not for Buggy but for his own pride.

Imo that would work as an excuse: Fuji is there to deal with former warlords and so wants to deal with Mihawk too, he uses those phrases as a provocation and Mihawk being challenged by an admiral with a sword is triggered to accept the challenge, not for Buggy but for his own pride.
So you are adding another new aspect of mihawk character that he’s the kind of person to get triggered by random people

again, if you’re saying that you want Oda to change Mihawk’s character then I can’t argue with that…

this post is about analyzing Mihawk’s character as presented now… And according to mihawk, He allowed Buggy to be the leader specifically so that when the marines come for cross guild, they would go after buggy and not him and he’d just leave

So you are adding another new aspect of mihawk character that he’s the kind of person to get triggered by random people

again, if you’re saying that you want Oda to change Mihawk’s character then I can’t argue with that…

this post is about analyzing Mihawk’s character as presented now… And according to mihawk, He allowed Buggy to be the leader specifically so that when the marines come for cross guild, they would go after buggy and not him and he’d just leave
Ok, so let's imagine the marine storm the Cross guild with Fuji or Sengoku, knowing even a bit of Mihawk character do you think he will simply leave the base leaving at the same time Croco and Buggy to die or be captured or would he try at least to put up a fight? I don't say die on that hill but at the very least try what he can do. Mihawk isn't a bastard, not even Croco was/is a bastard after what we have seen at Marineford. And even supposing that the marine attack the Cross guild and Mihawk tries to run with his tail between his legs (can you really imagine Mihawk doing that?) Oda will simply put Fuji in his way and throw some words about his swordsmanship because Fuji is not a "random people" but an admiral level guy with a sword, in other words a top tier who can be said to be a swordsman. Can Mihawk run from that? Would even the most diehard Mihawk fan like Shishio or Nik retain a gram of respect for Mihawk after this shit? Nope. How could he seriously sport the WSS title if he runs before Fujitora? He has the pride of a swordsman like Zoro has it, that is his character.

Last edited:
Mihawk character do you think he will simply leave the base leaving at the same time Croco and Buggy to die or be captured or would he try at least to put up a fight? I don't say die on that hill but at the very least try what he can do.
What series have u been reading?
Oda has made Mihawk specifically avoid conflicts. Mihawk only does anything when it benefits him. The marines coming and attack him doesn't benefit him at all so he will simply just leave.

And even supposing that the marine attack the Cross guild and Mihawk tries to run with his tail between his legs (can you really imagine Mihawk doing that?)
That is exactly what Oda has been making him do since his introduction. He isn't gonna change it now.

Ok, so let's imagine the marine storm the Cross guild with Fuji or Sengoku, knowing even a bit of Mihawk character do you think he will simply leave the base leaving at the same time Croco and Buggy to die or be captured or would he try at least to put up a fight? I don't say die on that hill but at the very least try what he can do. Mihawk isn't a bastard, not even Croco was/is a bastard after what we have seen at Marineford. And even supposing that the marine attack the Cross guild and Mihawk tries to run with his tail between his legs (can you really imagine Mihawk doing that?) Oda will simply put Fuji in his way and throw some words about his swordsmanship because Fuji is not a "random people" but an admiral level guy with a sword, in other words a top tier who can be said to be a swordsman. Can Mihawk run from that? Would even the most diehard Mihawk fan like Shishio or Nik retain a gram of respect for Mihawk after this shit? Nope. How could he seriously sport the WSS title if he runs before Fujitora? He has the pride of a swordsman like Zoro has it, that is his character.
First of all mihawk SAYS HE’LL DO THIS

I keep repeating this but it seems no one is reading what I’m saying… Mihawk SAID HE WILL SELL BUGGY… He ADMITTED HE WOULD DO THIS

He explicitly says he’s letting buggy be the figurehead so that Buggy is the target of the marines and not him…

I’m not making this up

There’s no need to question mihawk’s character… HE ADMITTED HE WOULD DO THIS

Second Mihawk isn’t stupid… if an admiral + 100 battleships arrive, Mihawk will NOT RISK DEATH to prove a point… Get it? Admirals are top tiers… And this top tier has back up of thousands of marines… are you saying you think mihawk wants to die to show off against a person he knows he stronger than?

I want to remind you of this too, Mihawk IS THE STRONGEST SWORDSMAN IN THE WORLD… His passing interest in other swordsmen has nothing to do with proving anything to them… He didn’t fight vista to prove to vista or himself whether he was WSS… He fought Vista just because he was there… So why is he getting triggered about another swordsman? He doesn’t have to prove shit to anyone

What series have u been reading?
Oda has made Mihawk specifically avoid conflicts. Mihawk only does anything when it benefits him. The marines coming and attack him doesn't benefit him at all so he will simply just leave.
Lol, One piece and you? Where have you seen Mihawk act because of "benefits"? He doesn't want to be bothered by fodder but if he has to fight he does it, at least to some extent like shown in Marineford. Why would he have fought Zoro? What benefit did it bring him? He wants somebody who us able to challenge his position. If he runs before Fuji or any other too tier who is carrying a sword he has automatically lost his legendary aura (which, to be honest, already took quite some hits in the last years).
That is exactly what Oda has been making him do since his introduction. He isn't gonna change it now.
I admit his position is a bit unstable after he went under Buggy and was sweating at the thought of fighting the yonkos but as the holder of the WSS he can't refuse a (real) challenge, otherwise his whole character is finished.

First of all mihawk SAYS HE’LL DO THIS

I keep repeating this but it seems no one is reading what I’m saying… Mihawk SAID HE WILL SELL BUGGY… He ADMITTED HE WOULD DO THIS

He explicitly says he’s letting buggy be the figurehead so that Buggy is the target of the marines and not him…

I’m not making this up

There’s no need to question mihawk’s character… HE ADMITTED HE WOULD DO THIS

Second Mihawk isn’t stupid… if an admiral + 100 battleships arrive, Mihawk will NOT RISK DEATH to prove a point… Get it? Admirals are top tiers… And this top tier has back up of thousands of marines… are you saying you think mihawk wants to die to show off against a person he knows he stronger than?

I want to remind you of this too, Mihawk IS THE STRONGEST SWORDSMAN IN THE WORLD… His passing interest in other swordsmen has nothing to do with proving anything to them… He didn’t fight vista to prove to vista or himself whether he was WSS… He fought Vista just because he was there… So why is he getting triggered about another swordsman? He doesn’t have to prove shit to anyone
Maybe he even said he will do that but this is a sugar coated family friendly shounen and Mihawk isn't a villain, not at all. Again I don't think he will leave Buggy amd Croco at their destiny, then he could even do that but if Oda makes him run if there is a (real) challenger then he doesn't deserve the WSS title. Also numbers don't matter much, a good swing and he can erase all the fodder he wants, what matter are strong fighters. In Marineford he wasn't there to seek challengers for his title but because the WG requested him to be there and do his job as a warlord aka defend against the WB pirates and that was what he did, then Shanks come and he left because that was not in the agreement, he wasn't there for "pleasure" (try to find a challenger) but for job (what the WG asked him to do). Also who says Mihawk thinks he is stronger than Fuji and so he would not fight him, that is just speculation. And about the triggering, when Zoro challenged him he was an east blue nobody yet Mihawk took his time because he deemed he somewhat worthy, he had potential. But he took the bother to accept the challenge. Yes, Zoro has MC or almost privileges yet that too is part of Mihawk character (it is his very introduction, his core).

Last edited:
Mihawk isn't a villain, not at all. Again I don't think he will leave Buggy amd Croco at their destiny, then he could even do that but if Oda makes him run if there is a (real) challenger then he doesn't deserve the WSS title. Also numbers don't matter much, a good swing and he can erase all the fodder he wants, what matter are strong fighters. In Marineford he wasn't there to seek challengers for his title
Mihawk was going to cut off The main characters hands in Marineford in this “family friendly Shonen series”

This was factually going to happen… Luffy didn’t imagine it, he literally saw that he was going to lose his hands… So if Mihawk can cut Luffy’s hands off he can sell buggy to the marines…

Also no, There is no stipulation around “deserving WSS title”… Fujitora isn’t stronger than Mihawk so that in itself settles whether it’s A MUST that Mihawk should fight him

And no, fodder can in fact affect fights between top tiers… We saw this on panel in Wano… When random CP-0 agents fucking led to Luffy death… THE MAIN CHARACTER DIED because some weakling interrupted a fight

mihawk’s stated goal in Marineford was to fight Whitebeard… He said that’s why he was there… anything else you think is your headcanon

mihawk regularly gets interested in fights, hence the don Krieg shit, hence the vista shit, hence the Whitebeard shit… But at no point are we led to believe mihawk feels ANY OBLIGATION to do these fights

Do you get what I mean? Mihawk got interested in Don Krieg and then stopped being interested and left the fight without beating Krieg… Mihawk was interested in fighting Whitebeard, but after he died he abandoned the marines to Shanks… It did not matter to mihawk whether Shanks destroyed the entire marine organization afterwards… He left because he had NO INTEREST in fighting shanks

At no point in this story has it ever been even slightly implied that mihawk HAS to prove a song grow damn thing to anyone in the verse… It’s EVERYONE ELSE who has to prove themselves to Mihawk… It’s the other way around… He’s the top… everyone else has to work up to gain his interest

So no mihawk would not fight Fujitora out of any sense of obligation… and he’s not fight Fujitora since Fujitora has too much back up… and he’d not fight Fujitora because he already has an escape plan in buggy ready to go

Wouldn’t really be fighting for buggy exactly more like Crossguild could potentially find themselves in a situation where they are threatened and Mihawk would act. The point of Crossguild for him is to protect his peace, through Crocodiles smarts, Buggy’s image, and his own strength. Who knows a scenario that would pique Mihawk’s interests could arise and he willingly steps up for it.

Mihawk was going to cut off The main characters hands in Marineford in this “family friendly Shonen series”
"Was going to" but actually never happened, that is the magic word you would have to use each time something quite a bit dark is about to happen, or at best some hints like in the Baby5 backstory (1 or 2 panels top) but I'm going offtopic.
This was factually going to happen… Luffy didn’t imagine it, he literally saw that he was going to lose his hands… So if Mihawk can cut Luffy’s hands off he can sell buggy to the marines…
But never happened... also I'm not saying that Mihawk 100% sure would go rescue Buggy and Croco it is just I don't see him discarding them coldly like trash. Oh, and there is also how he welcomed Perona in his house for 2 years now that I think about it, but again I admit this is the biggest possibility, it is not impossible given the circumstances for him to just flee, then again all depends on what Oda wants to do. If you told somebody Mihawk was gonna become Buggy subordinated before it happened everybody would have laughed at it a s a joke, but here we are.
Also no, There is no stipulation around “deserving WSS title”… Fujitora isn’t stronger than Mihawk so that in itself settles whether it’s A MUST that Mihawk should fight him
Mihawk most likely is stronger than Fuji but is there a rock solid confirmation anywhere in the manga? No, at least not yet. Also it is not like Mihawk and Fuji are worlds apart either way. Anyway the point is that if Oda wants for Mihawk and Fuji to fight this would be a good enough excuse for the fight to happen. If this is not enough we could have somebody who captures Perona and only Mihawk can rescue it for whatever stupid reason, somebody simply sinks his coffin ship, steals his wine, a tontatta steals yoru and so on..
And no, fodder can in fact affect fights between top tiers… We saw this on panel in Wano… When random CP-0 agents fucking led to Luffy death… THE MAIN CHARACTER DIED because some weakling interrupted a fight
Except he was no fodder but a CP0 agent, by fodder I kean random no name marines or pirates you see as "the army", the ones who get knocked out by CoC blasts. In order to be at least barely effective in a fight vs Mihawk (take at least a single hit) you would need vice admirals or dead weight that needs to be saved (like Coby and friends for Garp) but we are going offtopic.
mihawk’s stated goal in Marineford was to fight Whitebeard… He said that’s why he was there… anything else you think is your headcanon
Here we differ quite a bit. Mihawk was in Marineford because the WG ordered all the shikis to go there and fight otherwise their status would be removed. Mihawk falls under the same rule as the others shikis, he didn't want his status removed and so he went to fight. Sure then he wanted to "measure the distance between him and that man" but actually he didn't even get the chance to really see that, he tried one swing and then went back to his job there which he did until Shanks come. Him going there just because he wanted to fight WB is a fairy tale and the only statement is the one I mentioned above.
mihawk regularly gets interested in fights, hence the don Krieg shit, hence the vista shit, hence the Whitebeard shit… But at no point are we led to believe mihawk feels ANY OBLIGATION to do these fights
Krieg? Sure that was in a whim. Vista? Oda had to remove him from Luffy and the fight, but nothing serious in both ends. With WB he tried just a hit that was blocked by Jozu and end of the story. On the point imo Mihawk can not refuse a serious duel, imagine Zoro does all his journey to fight him and in the end Mihawk says "Nah, actually I lost interest in you, you took to much time, no duel" (that would be good actually XD). Also it is not like Mihawk is a godly being while all the other swordsman are shit, he is the strongest but that doesn't mean people like Shanks, maybe Vista, Fuji? etc. can't give him an hard/ very hard sword fight. And again Oda imo can't make him run from serious sword fights (even if the chance will never happen most likely).
Do you get what I mean? Mihawk got interested in Don Krieg and then stopped being interested and left the fight without beating Krieg… Mihawk was interested in fighting Whitebeard, but after he died he abandoned the marines to Shanks… It did not matter to mihawk whether Shanks destroyed the entire marine organization afterwards… He left because he had NO INTEREST in fighting shanks
Krieg was a whim, the WB situation never existed (aside a single statement and a random swing he has never shown any interest in fighting WB), he left Marineford because he "agreed to fighting WB but not Shanks" but all that stuff was an excuse by Oda to make Mihawk exit the battlefield on his own terms before Shanks challenged everybody to come at him, otherwise Mihawk couldn't let it pass and we either get a Mihawk vs Shanks (which is impossible to get by Ida, even more at that point) or Mihawk would have run from Shanks ruining the whole rivalry Oda built up. While the other top tiers didn't dare to say a word.
At no point in this story has it ever been even slightly implied that mihawk HAS to prove a song grow damn thing to anyone in the verse… It’s EVERYONE ELSE who has to prove themselves to Mihawk… It’s the other way around… He’s the top… everyone else has to work up to gain his interest
I don't see it this way, this could be partially true, anyway I spoke about this even too much in the paragraphs above.
So no mihawk would not fight Fujitora out of any sense of obligation… and he’s not fight Fujitora since Fujitora has too much back up… and he’d not fight Fujitora because he already has an escape plan in buggy ready to go
If Oda made Mihawk become a subordinate of Buggy even if just in name this would be nothing strange compared to that. Actually Mihawk would be more "in character" here than when he went under Buggy or was sweating thinking about fighting the yonkos.