Anime & Manga Why does Nami not get called out for her weird behavior?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Sometimes I'm wondering if authors such as Oda even think about what they're doing or if they just write such elements into the story because they know It's considered funny in their culture.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/7q0kt8 Apparently there was a confusion at the time due to Flampé being said to be BM's 33th daughter at 15 years old, while Pudding was the 36th, so it would make Pudding younger than 15.
What happened?
Oda "corrected" it in order for Pudding to be 16.
In Oda's mind, Pudding being 16 is EXACTLY what he intended.
So, what now?
We cancel Oda?
:hope:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/7q0kt8 Apparently there was a confusion at the time due to Flampé being said to be BM's 33th daughter at 15 years old, while Pudding was the 36th, so it would make Pudding younger than 15.
What happened?
Oda "corrected" it in order for Pudding to be 16.
In Oda's mind, Pudding being 16 is EXACTLY what he intended.
So, what now?
We cancel Oda?
:hope:
So she has 17 yo right now

Sometimes I'm wondering if authors such as Oda even think about what they're doing or if they just write such elements into the story because they know It's considered funny in their culture.
I don't think many authors worry about how the themes in their story are viewed outside of their country, simple things can be very wrong in other places. I just feel oda should be more aware considering his career has been recognised worldwide for well over 15 years at the time of the pudding thing especially. I almost can't believe that oda wouldn't have an awareness of how paedophilia is viewed in other countries, considering the internet, TV, world news and random articles exist but that's a whole other can of worms I WILL NOT be delving into

Literally no one calling him pedo but a troll trying to make a joke.

Consent Age in Japan is 13, here in Brazil is 14. EUA is delusional to have consent age of 18 or whatever age you crazy have over there.

Literally no one calling him pedo but a troll trying to make a joke.

Consent Age in Japan is 13, here in Brazil is 14. EUA is delusional to have consent age of 18 or whatever age you crazy have over there.
All I said is that there are in fact people on this forum who regularly call Sanji a pedo (we got @Krusher1357 on this very thread proving as much) and I get a response about real life age of consent laws. :ohreally:

Bruh, I don't care. There are people on this forum who call the bloke a pedo, they do exist, go argue with them about this nonsense.

All I said is that there are in fact people on this forum who regularly call Sanji a pedo (we got @Krusher1357 on this very thread proving as much) and I get a response about real life age of consent laws. :ohreally:

Bruh, I don't care. There are people on this forum who call the bloke a pedo, they do exist, go argue with them about this nonsense.
I'm the one who doesn't care. You EUA citizens have problem to think pedo is doing anything with anyone below 18. The world doesn't have to change because of you, you are the ones who need to change.

Because some so called "white knights supremacists" on the internet trying to justify what's right or wrong according to their morals which doesn't correspond with literally everybody else while shitting on a fictional cartoon character that the author and Japanese audiences find it supposedly funny. Problem is that other characters gets a free pass, while when it comes to "Sanji" specifically, no excuses.

I'm the one who doesn't care. You EUA citizens have problem to think pedo is doing anything with anyone below 18. The world doesn't have to change because of you, you are the ones who need to change.
fax tho

Age of consent being the determiner of who's a pedo is just by an age or 2 below

is basically a spit on nature's face

some 16 yr olds are more mature than 18's.. and vice versa..and maturity (mentally or physically) is the determiner whether someone is eligible or not and "age is just a number" has the most logical usage here in a set range ofc

@Krusher1357 man you can't say Oda should know better of the outside world's perception on this when its not even a definitive thing in many places yet or even in US... so imposing your preferred standard and judging by that criteria is not efficient or even fair if you're pointing fingers tbh.. its just that you take age pretty strictly.. and based upon that you call someone a hell dweller or a pedophile.
just isn't logical..
Post automatically merged:

being into teens is not even considered pedophilia tho
here it is.. any one below 18 lol.. no one looks at maturity here

@Mods I think it is time to lock this thread lol.
I think it's time for people to stop using the term Pedophilia improperly for the sole purpose of hating on a drawing. Remember that it ultimately doesn't matter what number the author slaps on a drawing, if the character has the physical features of a child, even if the author says it's 25 years old, it doesn't make it ok to sexualize it...…that's why lolis are so problematic. Looking at Pudding, she has all the features of an adult woman, literally the only thing that makes it problematic for people is the age Oda chose for this drawing, which again doesn't mean anything in fiction; if you base it on that then you will actually be normalizing pedophilia, cause if all that matters is the age Oda picks, he can make O-Tama 26 years old....then what??...is it ok to sexualize her?....will we just call her a loli and now it's fine?.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
being into teens is not even considered pedophilia tho
I gave up on this topic already.
I much prefer to meme around all the retard nonsense I see people here post about this subject.
It's so shallow and misguided, it's actually entertaining.
:suresure:

I think it's time for people to stop using the term Pedophilia improperly for the sole purpose of hating on a drawing. Remember that it ultimately doesn't matter what number the author slaps on a drawing, if the character has the physical features of a child, even if the author says it's 25 years old, it doesn't make it ok to sexualize it...…that's why lolis are so problematic. Looking at Pudding, she has all the features of an adult woman, literally the only thing that makes it problematic for people is the age Oda chose for this drawing, which again doesn't mean anything in fiction; if you base it on that then you will actually be normalizing pedophilia, cause if all that matters is the age Oda picks, he can make O-Tama 26 years old....then what??...is it ok to sexualize her?....will we just call her a loli and now it's fine?.
@solis like this poor soul, still trying to bring people to reason.

fax tho

Age of consent being the determiner of who's a pedo is just by an age or 2 below

is basically a spit on nature's face

some 16 yr olds are more mature than 18's.. and vice versa..and maturity (mentally or physically) is the determiner whether someone is eligible or not and "age is just a number" has the most logical usage here in a set range ofc

@Krusher1357 man you can't say Oda should know better of the outside world's perception on this when its not even a definitive thing in many places yet or even in US... so imposing your preferred standard and judging by that criteria is not efficient or even fair if you're pointing fingers tbh.. its just that you take age pretty strictly.. and based upon that you call someone a hell dweller or a pedophile.
just isn't logical..

here it is.. any one below 18 lol.. no one looks at maturity here
Here in the us marriage with parental consent age is typically around 15/16

If Momo fucks Yamato now, is Yamato a pedo?
:bamathink:
And incestuous since they’re oden