Who lands the final attack on Kaido?

• Luffy alone

• Zoro alone

• Luffy and Zoro together

• Some other group/character

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It depends on plot narrative, if in universe Luffy is given the credit for it sure, if Zoro killing Kaido is bigger news than Luffy beating him, no.
What if they are given equal regard (like Law and Luffy got for Doffy).

Kaido is hyped as the strongest creature, Luffy has directly said he will beat Kaido up, Luffy is the one with direct beef from a 1vs1 loss.
Zoro's character arc in Wano culminated in an earth shattering declaration that he would cut Kaido down:

Well I'm expecting to see Luffy fight hybrid Kaido in a 1v1 at some point. Will it be before or after Kaido gets weakened? Probably after.
I hope that he can match Kaido even for a while and inflict some serious and permanent damage.
As for Zoro I think he will fuck Kaido up too at some point but not to the point he defeats him. Maybe if he tries to go away in his dragon form
I feel like you didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking whether you thought that would happen, but if you would consider it Luffy defeating Kaido.

If Luffy beats Hybrid Kaido and knocks him out, but then Kaido rises again and transforms into Dragon form with Zoro cutting him down, would you consider that a Luffy victory?

An overwhelming case can be made for Luffy from Buggy to Doflamingo.
As I've argued elsewhere in this thread, Wano is not a traditional arc.
Sure, that's the traditional argument, but Wano is not a traditional arc.
  • Never once before has Zoro declared that he shall cut down the arc antagonist.
    • Aside from Mihawk, Zoro hasn't previously sought out any of his arc opponents
  • Never once before has Zoro and Luffy faced the arc antagonist together.

Wano is uncharted territory. Were it a traditional arc, Zoro would not have been on the Rooftop and would have instead been fighting King down below.

- I dont even know how the story can be written with Zoro beating Kaido and Luffy watching it from side.
I don't expect that to happen. Two ways I can see this happening:
  • Luffy and Zoro fight Kaido together a la the Punk Hazard Dragon.
    • Zoro gets to land the final attack.
  • Luffy faces Kaido in a 1 vs 1 confirmation and overcomes him knocking him out.
    • Kaido recovers and Zoro cuts him down then.

I don't think either of this dehypes Luffy.

The most important point is: If Zoro doesnt finish Kaido, it wont be a big deal. Nobody will complain that Oda messed up. If Luffy doesnt finish Kaido off, there will be a shitstorm. It will be like Oda destroying his main character by his own hand.
If Zoro doesn't finish Kaido, none of the above plot points would have a suitable payoff:
  • Kaido's desire to die at the hands of the Samurai bearing Oden's mantle.
  • Zoro surpassing Oden.
  • Zoro becoming the Second Ryuma.

I don't agree that Zoro failing to land the final blow is no big deal.

Luffy has the opportunity of beating Kaido in combat, but Kaido recovers and is finally cut down by Zoro. I don't really see how that dehypes Luffy in the slightest.

Regarding your first point about Luffy repeatedly stating his desire to defeat the Yonkou and Admirals:
  • Luffy may never fight Shanks, so he isn't necessarily fulfilling that proclamation.
  • It seems unlikely that Luffy will defeat all 3 Admirals and then the Fleet Admiral.

I don't think those statements are as strong because they were directed at a group.

His statements about Kaido in particular are persuasive though.

What if they are given equal regard (like Law and Luffy got for Doffy).

Zoro's character arc in Wano culminated in an earth shattering declaration that he would cut Kaido down:

I feel like you didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking whether you thought that would happen, but if you would consider it Luffy defeating Kaido.

If Luffy beats Hybrid Kaido and knocks him out, but then Kaido rises again and transforms into Dragon form with Zoro cutting him down, would you consider that a Luffy victory?

As I've argued elsewhere in this thread, Wano is not a traditional arc.

I don't expect that to happen. Two ways I can see this happening:
  • Luffy and Zoro fight Kaido together a la the Punk Hazard Dragon.
    • Zoro gets to land the final attack.
  • Luffy faces Kaido in a 1 vs 1 confirmation and overcomes him knocking him out.
    • Kaido recovers and Zoro cuts him down then.

I don't think either of this dehypes Luffy.

If Zoro doesn't finish Kaido, none of the above plot points would have a suitable payoff:
  • Kaido's desire to die at the hands of the Samurai bearing Oden's mantle.
  • Zoro surpassing Oden.
  • Zoro becoming the Second Ryuma.

I don't agree that Zoro failing to land the final blow is no big deal.

Luffy has the opportunity of beating Kaido in combat, but Kaido recovers and is finally cut down by Zoro. I don't really see how that dehypes Luffy in the slightest.

Regarding your first point about Luffy repeatedly stating his desire to defeat the Yonkou and Admirals:
  • Luffy may never fight Shanks, so he isn't necessarily fulfilling that proclamation.
  • It seems unlikely that Luffy will defeat all 3 Admirals and then the Fleet Admiral.

I don't think those statements are as strong because they were directed at a group.

His statements about Kaido in particular are persuasive though.
I don't rlly know why is there still ppl saying stuff like 'but in other arcs Luffy does this and Zoro does this' like fr, it isn't that hard to realize that this isn't a common arc. If this was a common arc Zoro wouldn't even be in the rooftop, hell, he wouldn't even know who Hiyori is.

feel like you didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking whether you thought that would happen, but if you would consider it Luffy defeating Kaido.

If Kaido can still fight at full strength no, if he is just too injured, trying to run away and if Luffy can still fight but Zoro goes for it then I would say it's a kind of yes I guess. Win win for Luffy and Zoro.
If you give me the choice, I will always go for a Luffy win in a 1v1 and no recovery from Kaido because he is my favourite character even when he disappoints me. And so far in Wano it has been mostly disappointment for me with the way Oda is handling him.

I believe Luffy will defeat Kaido. But kaido will be in serious problem after a great fight against someone (Big mom or "oden")
Why would he fight BM knowing that kaido is basically a brother for her?
And how would he fight Oden if that guy is dead?
It's the new generation surpassing the old one. Both Bm and Oden are from the Older.

Last edited:
This is Luffy's story. Not Zoro's. Enough with the silly Headcanoning. It's distasteful.
Zoro fans should stay in their own lane and shut the fuck up.

Whether or not some people want Zoro to kill Kaidou or not doesn't matter.
:luffydab::luuh:
Some years ago the same words where used to say that Zoro wont even meet kaido and here we are.
Pls accept my gift :holdthisl:

Last edited:
These points in this thread and the others certainly put legitimate arguments for ZKK/ZDK but i still think Oda would still go Luffy having his 1v1 fight with Kaido .
The scenario presented by @Garp the Fist is also a plausible one which I find to be the most reasonable outcome which neither dehypes Zoro or Luffy.
Ayo, if you don't mind. Can you quote hís messagge? I don't remeber the scenario he said.
Post automatically merged:

take the gift and shove it where the sun don't shine.
Why so salty buddy? Taking Ls since chapter 1000?

luffy will only ever punch stronger and we know oda wont let him beat kaido like that

you were happy to have zoro cut orochis head off lmfao dragon orochi and all that jazz
Cutting the head off someone that is assumed to be able to regenerate is not the same as decapitating someone with blood flying everywhere. When Oda draws brutal deaths like that it's always in a silhouette. It's why nobody believes Orochi is actually dead because of how PG his "death" was.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Cutting the head off someone that is assumed to be able to regenerate is not the same as decapitating someone with blood flying everywhere. When Oda draws brutal deaths like that it's always in a silhouette. It's why nobody believes Orochi is actually dead because of how PG his "death" was.
No. You thought he'd come back and zoro would kill him for good. Or did you think orochi would be prancing around forever ?

Zoro is going to surpass Oden by accomplishing the tasks he could not:
I don't think that these are convincing arguments for Zoro to surpass Oden this arc tbh.

- We don't know if turning Enma black means that he has surpassed Oden overall or in just one aspect.
- The reason Oden couldn't slay Kaido was because of the whole hostage thing and also, Zoro isn't 1v1ing Kaido like him.
- I don't think that anything in the essay strongly implies that Zoro will be surpassing Oden.

I'm not saying he can't. He might do it but I don't think that your arguments are convincing enough.

What I'm most afraid about if ZKK doesn't happen is people criticizing Oda and saying that it's bad writing. Many will be irritated I believe. That would be fun to watch. But it would also be fun to see many people's reaction on Reddit/Youtube/Twitter if ZKK does end up happening. They would totally call it bad writing and that Oda is biased.

It's a win-win situation for me I feel. :cheers:

lol It's hilarious you're trying your best to troll. Just shows how much I triggered you after I told you the facts and truth. Go cry alone into your pillow.
I am not the one crying whenever I see zoro on the rooftop. Just get over it and enjoy the manga. It is not healthy for you to be so mad everytime you see Zoro getting a W. You say that I am triggered when I am here laughing at you lol, keep wanking them Ls while being delusional. Watch out you might get a heart attack if you see Zoro again. I just want you to stay healthy. :kayneshrug:

I am not the one crying whenever I see zoro on the rooftop. Just get over it and enjoy the manga. It is not healthy for you to be so mad everytime you see Zoro getting a W. You say that I am triggered when I am here laughing at you lol, keep wanking them Ls while being delusional. Watch out you might get a heart attack if you see Zoro again. I just want you to stay healthy. :kayneshrug:
lol It's hilarious your making up some fiction about How I've feeling and all... Aren't you projecting a little to hard on me?
You're trying too hard to be a bigshot. Slow your role. It's making you look desperate.

I don't think that these are convincing arguments for Zoro to surpass Oden this arc tbh.

- We don't know if turning Enma black means that he has surpassed Oden overall or in just one aspect.
- The reason Oden couldn't slay Kaido was because of the whole hostage thing and also, Zoro isn't 1v1ing Kaido like him.
- I don't think that anything in the essay strongly implies that Zoro will be surpassing Oden.

I'm not saying he can't. He might do it but I don't think that your arguments are convincing enough.

What I'm most afraid about if ZKK doesn't happen is people criticizing Oda and saying that it's bad writing. Many will be irritated I believe. That would be fun to watch. But it would also be fun to see many people's reaction on Reddit/Youtube/Twitter if ZKK does end up happening. They would totally call it bad writing and that Oda is biased.

It's a win-win situation for me I feel. :cheers:
If ZZK happens Sanji tards and zoro haters would burn up the internet. If it doesn't happen some Zoro lievers would get pissed off mostly because they were showed some kind of foreshadow and 'evidence' just to end up nothing. Since I am in the middle, 50% of ZZK and 50% he won't I wouldn't be affected at all lol.

First time seeing a human talks with a shit . U r one of a kind bro . experimenting something ?