Future Events Why I am not Convinced that Luffy Defeats Kaido

Who lands the final attack on Kaido?

• Luffy alone

• Zoro alone

• Luffy and Zoro together

• Some other group/character

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did the SH's give him that ? Did the SHs try to prevent him from going there ?

I dont ever see Zoro killing Kaido. Because then it'd be a SH giving the main villain what he wants.
Kaido wanted to die after causing the biggest war ever against the WG yonko and probably other top tiers. So he would not be exactly getting the death he wants if he gets killed in Wano. There is nothing glorious about getting taken down as villain who tormented innocent people for decades by young upstart pirates who recently entered the new world

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
How did Roger know what ? Your post is all over the place.
Lmfaoooo it's not hard to understand d sanji.
Roger knew full well in death what he was going to do to the rest of the world with how he died starting the great pirate era.

Whitebeard the same when he reinvigorated it in his death.

Kaido isn't gonna stand there arms in a cross like jesus smiling saying do it zoro

Hes gonna get his head cleaved off in dragon form after he loses EVERYTHING

Kaido wanted to die after causing the biggest war ever against the WG yonko and probably other top tiers. So he would not be exactly getting the death he wants if he gets killed in Wano. There is nothing glorious about getting taken down as villain who tormented innocent people for decades by young upstart pirates who recently entered the new world
If Kaido ends up seeing Zoro as the "Monster Samurai" yall be saying he will. Then that means Kaido would be more than happy to die to Zoro.
Post automatically merged:

Lmfaoooo it's not hard to understand d sanji.
Roger knew full well in death what he was going to do to the rest of the world with how he died starting the great pirate era.

Whitebeard the same when he reinvigorated it in his death.

Kaido isn't gonna stand there arms in a cross like jesus smiling saying do it zoro

Hes gonna get his head cleaved off in dragon form after he loses EVERYTHING
So now you're saying Kaido doesn't want to die to an opponent in battle ? Again how will Kaido accept death by anyone if he's too scared that the other people would get the praise not him.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Who beat Don Krieg, Luffy or Gin?

Or to put the cat even more among the pigeons, who beat Monet, Zoro or Tashigi?
I don't really understand why you're comparing Zoro besting Kaido to Luffy's allies defeating their antagonist. Zoro isn't an ally of Luffy's, he's Luffy's crewmate. I mean, I don't think the situation is analogous at all; there's no real precedent for Zoro declaring that he shall cut down the arc antagonist. The only opponent that Zoro has ever actively sought out was Mihawk.

I do find this persuasive. We have Luffy declaring that he'll defeat Kaido and Zoro declaring that he'll cut down Kaido. I guess they'll probably both fulfill their declarations. This is why I think Luffy and Zoro landing the final attack is plausible.

If ZKK happens Luffy will still be the one who beats Kaido in a fight. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Luffy will overcome hybrid Kaido- the strongest form of Kaido- in a fight, but the thing the Scabbards talked about- it ain’t over until Kaido is dead- will then come into play, super Zoan recovery rate and Kaido’s own unnatural body will come into play, he’ll recover, go into dragon form and that’s when Zoro kills him- like Ryuma, killing a dragon, not a dragon-man hybrid.

If ZKK happens, I can guarantee that’s how it will go down.
I don't have any qualms with this, but in that case, the final attack landed on Kaido would be by Zoro not Luffy.

I wasn't arguing that Zoro would solo Kaido. I was arguing that we wouldn't get Luffy defeating Kaido in a 1 vs 1, and then Zoro kills him when he's already defeated. If Kaido returns to Dragon form and flies up, he's not already defeated.

Zoro cutting down Dragon Kaido after Luffy knocked out Hybrid Kaido is still Zoro landing the final attack on Kaido.

Your scenario does seem to be the most plausible of the concrete ways this could go down. I just don't think agree with describing temporarily knocking out Kaido as "defeating" him.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
If Kaido ends up seeing Zoro as the "Monster Samurai" yall be saying he will. Then that means Kaido would be more than happy to die to Zoro.
Post automatically merged:

So now you're saying Kaido doesn't want to die to an opponent in battle ? Again how will Kaido accept death by anyone if he's too scared that the other people would get the praise not him.
If Kaido just wanted to die to someone strong with no other qualms he'd just let shanks meme or any of the people who beat him kill him.
What he wants is a glorious death like Roger or wb where its about him in legend.

If Kaido just wanted to die to someone strong with no other qualms he'd just let shanks meme or any of the people who beat him kill him.
What he wants is a glorious death like Roger or wb where its about him in legend.
So then how can he die without the legend being about someone else. Eventually someone strong will have to kill him. Then they'd steal all the praise right...

According to you...Kaido can never get his perfect death. Which is bs.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Luffy is the man who will become Pirate King.
The yonko are his DIRECT competition for that goal.
There are three other Yonkou. Luffy doesn't have to surpass each and every Yonkou in direct individual combat in order to surpass the Yonkou and become Pirate King.

t doesn't take a genius to realize a 400 chapter long proclamation that he would defeat Kaido will end with Luffy defeating Kaido.
No ifs ands or buts.
Would you consider the below "defeating" Kaido?
Luffy will overcome hybrid Kaido- the strongest form of Kaido- in a fight, but the thing the Scabbards talked about- it ain’t over until Kaido is dead- will then come into play, super Zoan recovery rate and Kaido’s own unnatural body will come into play, he’ll recover, go into dragon form and that’s when Zoro kills him- like Ryuma, killing a dragon, not a dragon-man hybrid.
@Luffy is the mc: I'm curious on your take as well.

No lol that was my point. Even if zoro is out for a bit it won't be until after he reopens the wound which will nerf kaido for luffy.
Luffy can't be giving a
I want to fight him at his best speech
After that.
True. Well, fighting him at the best isn't the important part, I was just making too close an analogy to the Katakuri situation. What I really want to see Luffy declare his intent to overcome Kaido in 1 vs 1 combat now.

Kaido wants to die to Luffy, literally after punching him he reminded him of great pirates, zoro had like several shots to do so and kaido is just saying its from his sword
Kaido wants to die to Oden — Zoro is the next best thing.

Main character, main villain end of story.
Sure, that's the traditional argument, but Wano is not a traditional arc.
  • Never once before has Zoro declared that he shall cut down the arc antagonist.
    • Aside from Mihawk, Zoro hasn't previously sought out any of his arc opponents
  • Never once before has Zoro and Luffy faced the arc antagonist together.

Wano is uncharted territory. Were it a traditional arc, Zoro would not have been on the Rooftop and would have instead been fighting King down below.

@HA001 this is for you as well.

I'm going to rip a section from one of my essays, but I think that Kaido specifically wants to die at the hands of the samurai bearing Oden's mantle based on his interaction with the Scabbards:

When the Scabbards first struck Kaido, he sees the visage of Oden:

The scar he recieved from Oden began to throb:

Kaido was astounded and questioned why the Scabbards could pierce him, wondering if they also used Oden's Ryuo:

When the scabbards cut him, he was insulted that they could hurt him — samurai who did not measure up at all to Oden:

Kaido further tells the Scabbards that in them he saw the visage of Kozuki Oden:

As such, he could have let them kill him (fulfilling Oden's will):

With each throb of his scar he remembers Oden:

He boldly declares that they are not Oden, that never again shall a "monster samurai" of his likes appear:

He laments that they don't even have enough power to open up his old scar, concluding that they cannot do it:
(Here, doing it refers to killing him).

Kaido's affront that Samurai that don't measure up to Oden could hurt him, his acceptance of his death when he saw the shade of Oden behind them, his disappointment that they were far too weak — unable to even open up the scar Oden left — and his final proclamation that the Scabbards could not kill him give me the impression that Kaido specifically wants to die at the hands of the Samurai bearing Oden's mantle.
  • He wants to be killed by Oden, and that's why he was so insulted that Samurai that do not measure up to Oden could hurt him
  • He wanted to be killed by Oden, and that's why when he saw Oden's shade he could have let them kill him
  • He wanted to be killed by Oden, and that's why he was so disappointed that the Scabbards were far too weak
  • He wanted to be killed by Oden, and that's why he laments that never again shall a Samurai worthy of bearing Oden's mantle appear before him
If you haven't read it yet, I strongly recommend the entire essay: A Look at Inherited Will in the Land of Wano (ZKK: Part 1).

@Garp the Fist: I think his hobby of suicide comes from the emotional scar Oden left on his heart. He wishes Oden had killed him, and began searching for a place to die from then on.
Idk about the timeline when Kaido started suicidal tendencies. It might be before 20 years ago.

So now you're saying Kaido wont enjoy being killed ? Pick a side
Fair enough, they should keep Kaido locked away till he dies of old age. Even tho it is stated in the manga that they captured him 18 times and he escaped. How are they going to keep him locked for so many years? Who knows. But I have a better option. Lock Kaido again (because everyone knows that at the 19th try you succeed for sure) and perform the surgery on Kaido so he isn't able to die from old age neither. There you have, an immortal Kaido that won't fulfill his dream.

Last edited: