Future Events Why I am not Convinced that Luffy Defeats Kaido

Who lands the final attack on Kaido?

• Luffy alone

• Zoro alone

• Luffy and Zoro together

• Some other group/character

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is just a bad take.

Oda: “When Kaido appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can’t defeat such a strong character yet. And I’m yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaido. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaido is just because Luffy’s punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow.”

He makes it quite clear Luffy will beat Kaido
This is very interesting because it can very easily be interpreted as Oda is telling us he plans on having Zoro defeat Kaido.

Luffy's the captain so he could have Zoro fight and defeat Kaido for him because he's better suited for the task because of his powerful cutting attacks. It would still count as Luffy's win.

Oda even said he doesn't believe his audience will be satisfied if Kaido is defeated because Luffy punched him. If Zoro defeats Kaido with powerful cutting attacks technically he kept his word.

The last line says "Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow.” The solution is Zoro.

Why should he let Zoro defeat the first yonko, then make him fight a yc in the next. It is like Zoro should have defeated crocodile not luffy.
That's because Zoro vs Yonko is a Canon Fight that we are already Witnessing
Zoro vs YC is a Headcanon Non-Existent Fight
I can't believe you guys use imaginary Fights to argue instead of the ones already set in motion

And yes, Zoro can still Fight someone weaker than Kaido later on just like Luffy had Long Arcs fighting the likes of Caesar & Hody & Foxy.
Your arguments are already Debunked

And want another Hint?
Punk Hazard was First Island in NW & yet Oda gave Vergo to Law while Luffy got the Weaker Antagonist
Luffy didn't even meet Vergo if i recall right

When WB was telling Teach that he isn't the one Roger is waiting for & that someone else will find One Piece & trigger Final War, the Scene Highlighted Luffy, do you think it was Random? Ofc not, Luffy is the guy who will fulfill WB's Last Words

Same thing happened when Yasuie gave his Last Speech, Zoro was Highlighted as the one taking down Kaido's Head.
Exact same scene like WB Death

If Zoro kills Kaido, he surpasses Luffy in eyes of the world. CP0, Sword and other witnesses are all here, it can't be covered up or modified.

That's just too much. No matter how much foreshadowing or symbolism there would be to support ZKK, even if t's not a full Zoro vs Kaido 1v1, that's just too much of an accomplishment.

Kaido may be a dragon, but his role and influence on the One Piece world as a political figure is far more important, and it should supersede any potential parallel to Ryuma's feat.

If we were in a situation where no desire to fight Kaido was ever expressed by Zoro and Luffy were fighting him 1v1, i guarantee people would still be skeptical of Luffy straight up killing Kaido himself. It is that big of a deal.

Precisely this.
In both instances, it's very easy to understand who Yasu and Whitebeard are talking about.
People want this to be random coincidences, but it's not.
Damn, you guys are giving me even more hype. Quit giving me hopes lol.
That's because Zoro vs Yonko is a Canon Fight that we are already Witnessing
Zoro vs YC is a Headcanon Non-Existent Fight
I can't believe you guys use imaginary Fights to argue instead of the ones already set in motion

And yes, Zoro can still Fight someone weaker than Kaido later on just like Luffy had Long Arcs fighting the likes of Caesar & Hody & Foxy.
Your arguments are already Debunked

And want another Hint?
Punk Hazard was First Island in NW & yet Oda gave Vergo to Law while Luffy got the Weaker Antagonist
Luffy didn't even meet Vergo if i recall right

When WB was telling Teach that he isn't the one Roger is waiting for & that someone else will find One Piece & trigger Final War, the Scene Highlighted Luffy, do you think it was Random? Ofc not, Luffy is the guy who will fulfill WB's Last Words

Same thing happened when Yasuie gave his Last Speech, Zoro was Highlighted as the one taking down Kaido's Head.
Exact same scene like WB Death
Nice recall to Vergo in Punk Hazard btw. I think that some ppl tend to say that something was random when said idea was against them but then say that something is some kind of "foreshadow" if it fits in their agendas.
Post automatically merged:

If Zoro kills Kaido, he surpasses Luffy in eyes of the world. CP0, Sword and other witnesses are all here, it can't be covered up or modified.

That's just too much. No matter how much foreshadowing or symbolism there would be to support ZKK, even if t's not a full Zoro vs Kaido 1v1, that's just too much of an accomplishment.

Kaido may be a dragon, but his role and influence on the One Piece world as a political figure is far more important, and it should supersede any potential parallel to Ryuma's feat.

If we were in a situation where no desire to fight Kaido was ever expressed by Zoro and Luffy were fighting him 1v1, i guarantee people would still be skeptical of Luffy straight up killing Kaido himself. It is that big of a deal.
Mostly because Luffy does NOT kill so it doesn't matter the situation he won't kill the enemy. Plus I don't see punching Kaido to death.
And if I am not wrong everything that Zoro does, goes right to Luffy giving him credits even when he is not there. Remember Apoo's words in Sabaody? That's the best example to counter that. Also, Kaido isn't alone in Wano. He is with BM another Yonko with a lot of influence that came to Wano just because she has a problem with Luffy. Meaning that he is still able to have a face to face with other Yonko.

Last edited:

This actually brings up a very valid point. Not only does Zoro killing Kaido place his name on a plateau across the World above that of his own Captain, but it also eclipses any future news regarding him defeating Mihawk. Kaido is regarded by the people of the Verse as the World's Strongest Creature. It's not a title in a box to the people of the World of One Piece, it's the general consensus. With CP-0 there, it's no longer a legend of slaying a Dragon contained in Wano. It turns it into a Legend of killing The World's Strongest Creature, The Yonko Kaido, across the entire World. ZKK literally can not happen for the sake of Zoro's dream.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
This actually brings up a very valid point. Not only does Zoro killing Kaido place his name on a plateau across the World above that of his own Captain, but it also eclipses any future news regarding him defeating Mihawk. Kaido is regarded by the people of the Verse as the World's Strongest Creature. It's not a title in a box to the people of the World of One Piece, it's the general consensus. With CP-0 there, it's no longer a legend of slaying a Dragon contained in Wano. It turns it into a Legend of killing The World's Strongest Creature, The Yonko Kaido, across the entire World. ZKK literally can not happen for the sake of Zoro's dream.
It also cant happen because it would put Luffy in shadows. And Oda wanks Luffy already so he aint gonna allow it

Mhm, what would @Cinera say regarding that point? Now I am curious.

Luffy defeated Doflamingo & yet both Luffy & Law got same Credit for it & even same Bounty
Not to mention that Luffy already have a Bounty & Fame much higher than Zoro's
So Zoro slaying Kaido will help him catch up only
Luffy will still be credited for Kaido's Defeat too

Also with Fall of Kaido, Recent Removal of Shichibukai, Teach & Shanks making a Move, Dragon & WG Clash ... etc
It's obvious that the Stakes for Next Big Arc (Which is Final War) will be much Higher than simply Defeating a Yonko

Zoro defeating Mihawk was never said that it's gonna be Biggest News in Zoro's Life
It's a Battle for a Title, not a Battle with World Tilting Stakes & Consequences

Zoro proving himself as a Top Tier in Final War & help destroy WG & System of Yonko would already make people consider him among the Best in the World & a Legendary Name alongside Luffy, just like Rayleigh is said to have Legends & Myths written about him for simply being Roger's Right Hand Man (Now imagine Luffy & Zoro who are gonna do more than just find One Piece)

And it actually makes sense that when Zoro fights Mihawk for the Title, he is already considered a Candidate for the Title by most people & the whole world wants to see them fight.
It's better than writing on the News: "A certain Supernova managed to defeat Greatest Swordsman & claim his Title" !!
That is so lackluster & doesn't make sense, it doesn't Hype Zoro at all, it simply Dehypes Mihawk for the Public

So Zoro needs to first make a name for himself before facing Mihawk & he needs to do that by proving himself against Yonko & WG.
And this is something "Canon" as Shanks also told Luffy same exact words
Shanks refused to fight or even meet Luffy until the latter proves himself & reach certain level of Fame & Power.

Actually even after Luffy became World Famous, invaded Three Biggest Islands of WG, defeated some Shichibukai & ruined Big Mom's Territory & reached a Bounty above 1 billion, Shanks says "We will meet soon"
So Shanks is waiting for even more than that, that's so crazy
Same thing applies for Zoro, otherwise what are they waiting to fight again?
Obviously Mihawk told him to first help Luffy fulfill his Dream & become a Great Pirate & then they can Fight

Kaido will be known as the guy defeated by alliance of Supernova & Samurai
And WG always credit the Leaders & most notable members of the Alliance, not who delivered the final attack & who fought better.
They don't have such info & they don't really use it to judge danger of People
Achievements > Feats in "News & Fame" World

1.Luffy is Zoro's captain so any attention that goes towards Zoro will make his captain look "better"
2. Its a team fight not a 1v1 so any credit will be split even if Zoro has the final blow it will be split
3. Oda can solve this easily by letting Luffy beat big mom and have overall more damage on big mom and kaido than the others thus having more credit. While make Zoro mainly inflect damage on Kaido only.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
1.Luffy is Zoro's captain so any attention that goes towards Zoro will make his captain look "better"
2. Its a team fight not a 1v1 so any credit will be split even if Zoro has the final blow it will be split
3. Oda can solve this easily by letting Luffy beat big mom and have overall more damage on big mom and kaido than the others thus having more credit. While make Zoro mainly inflect damage on Kaido only.
Luffy said he will beat all 4 yonkos
So zoro beating one would take away fron Luffy's goals

Luffy said he will beat all 4 yonkos
So zoro beating one would take away fron Luffy's goals
Luffy wants to become pirate king. Sanji techinically beat big mom with his cooking. Doesnt take away from luffys ultimate goal.
Luffys wants to take down the yonko so he can reach one piece because they are in his way. If zoro beats them then he still achieved his goal because Zoro is his subordinate and Zoro beating him ultimately means luffy beat kaido with the power of his crew.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Lucky zoro said he wanted his name to reach the heavens then isn't it.

H

humanbeing

If Zoro ever kills Kaido it will be after Luffy defeating him. let us be realistic it is ok to be a fan of Zoro i am one too but Luffy is the MC, the first one who declared he will defeat Kaido, even his training was to defeat Kaido. Zoro himself noticed even that the Haki Luffy'S used to hurt Kaido, was what he learned from Hyogoro. Zoro might be a part of the battle he might hurt Kaido too but the last and deciding Punch will be Luffy's.