Questions & Mysteries Why is One Piece compared to Naruto?

Oda focuses on Luffy a lot
I can't emphasise more on how true this is, tbh.
Over the time-skip, Luffy's been focused way too much..

Even Greg from APforums thinks so as well.

It's pretty much why I found reverie quite refreshing.. I mean, I can't deny how integral and interconnected Luffy's character is to the series, but it was great just getting him out of the spotlight once in a while.

he neglects the other SHs for dumb side characters, for the simple reason of world building.
To be fair, the world building in OP is great, and the fact that we come back to characters we knew before makes the world truly alive in OP, but I agree, some side characters are just stupid and uninteresting.

And Flambe takes the biggest award here...

H

Homelander

Actually they were pretty parallel, Naruto had the edge in english speaking countries but OP was far more popular in spanish speaking countries and Africa, for example.
Ya but you wouldnt find it on book shelf like US . If we talk in volume collection One piece beats Naruto but weekly , merchandise and anime sale Naruto has completely dominated world market . Even in Latino speaking nation Naruto has strong presence . One piece had horrible start courtsey of 4 kidz but kinda picked up later when naruto wasnt doing well .

Over volume sales :One piece

Overall franchise money collection Naruto hands down .

Ya but you wouldnt find it on book shelf like US . If we talk in volume collection One piece beats Naruto but weekly , merchandise and anime sale Naruto has completely dominated world market . Even in Latino speaking nation Naruto has strong presence . One piece had horrible start courtsey of 4 kidz but kinda picked up later when naruto wasnt doing well .

Over volume sales :One piece

Overall franchise money collection Naruto hands down .
Dude it's literally sold in several stores around my town

H

Homelander

Its funny how both One Piece and Naruto have opposing problems. Whilst Oda focuses on Luffy a lot, he neglects the other SHs for dumb side characters, for the simple reason of world building. Whilst Kishimoto neglects everyone else just for Naruto and Sasuke.
Post Time skip this was the problem . I always felt Worst Gen member stole the spotlight . Oda began to explore Law , Kidd and others .

I would say this is one of few flaws in oda but i think he was able to make good comeback in wano arc . He sidelined luffy and focused more on SH group . We might see this from the squad because oda will keep luffy's power untested for a while .

Post Time skip this was the problem . I always felt Worst Gen member stole the spotlight . Oda began to explore Law , Kidd and others .

I would say this is one of few flaws in oda but i think he was able to make good comeback in wano arc . He sidelined luffy and focused more on SH group . We might see this from the squad because oda will keep luffy's power untested for a while .
Wano it has become a tiny bit better. At the very least it isnt like WCI. Giving Luffy a 15 chapter fight against a YC1 and leaving scraps of fodder for Sanji.

H

Homelander

Wano it has become a tiny bit better. At the very least it isnt like WCI. Giving Luffy a 15 chapter fight against a YC1 and leaving scraps of fodder for Sanji.
Ya WCI had many flaws i think oda has fundemental problem if he likes the side character too much he will flesh them out but you have main SH character who badly need the development .

I am pretty sure oda has seen this and thought about it . Current focus is on rest of SH group oda made wise decision to sideline luffy , kidd for a while .

As someone who's just started the anime of One Piece and as someone who's watched Naruto I just can't figure out why these two series are even compared? Every OP fan (or most people) shit on FT but I feel like OP fits in a category with FT better... I know its usually whichever you watch first is better for you but I fully believe MHA will surpass the big 3 and enjoy it plenty but OP lacks intensity, true conflict, deep emotion, stakes and god its not a great anime adaptation. I'm enjoying it well enough but like I said its comparable to FT for me.

Avoid Spoilers. Naruto ones too I'm a Naruto noob.
wtf? MHA is an overhyped trash, even the fanbase hate the MC...
"OP lacks intensity, true conflict, deep emotion"?? wow, so u told me that u didn't feel anything when nami cried to luffy, or when luffy climbed the drum mountains, or when usopp left the crew? or even when robin told that she wants to love? if so then god, no offense, but your head must be so tiny that ur hate must come from the lack of intelligence of being able to understand something from actions, because the emotions in one piece are from ACTIONS, not like in naruto when it all comes to TALK NO JUTSU shits...
Post automatically merged:

Again if you're into character pieces don't watch a shounen, Naruto is written better with everything else and didn't fall apart till the war arc.
i dunno man, i love naruto when i was a kid growing up watching it, but now i just hate naruto, not just the war arc, but all the way back from the kid naruto...
here are the list of naruto's thing i hate the most :
- naruto vs kiba was shit (the fart part was the most garbage and lamest thing i've ever seen in shounen, it's not even slightest funny)
- naruto vs neji (mc plot armot overused, only 1 clean hit to beat neji LOL)
- sakura's questionable mad love for sasuke
- sakura's confession to naruto
- sakura
but still rescue sasuke arc (not shippuden) still enjoyable no matter how many times i watch it, and pain arc was amazing except w few thing : that hinata's shit (too rushy and sudden, can't get the emotion, the 6-tails was amazing tho), that nagato's shit (whole episode of talk no jutsu)
Post automatically merged:

I don't really care, Haku and Zabuza arc had more emotion than these first 300 episodes for me.
why? because they are dead? a mere villains that just introduced in that exact same arc is dead in the end of that arc, and u feel any emotion? i did too, when i was a little kid... now it's just meh... how simple :whitepress:

Last edited:
This thread is just soo toxic. Bro just go, complete the anime, come back and then comment. I'm just saying that currently you know nothing about OP, nothing at all. I'll wholeheartedly let you criticise it once you complete the anime.