Questions & Mysteries Why is One Piece compared to Naruto?

I

Inspector_Mu

Both sucks at handling females
At least Kishi gave his females iconic moments .

Both started focusing only on MC too much after the first part.

Naruto has better written villains!
Better drama (the tension isn't forced as in OP where Oda fakes it or gives the same old flashback stuff to sympathizes with X )

Naruto has the most iconic arc , Pain Arc> MF arc

One piece has world building and enjoyable Goofy art design (I like the creativity )

I enjoy Discussing OP PLs and Events for its mysteries

Seriously the way OP is going, it finale will just have the shonen bad ending syndrome like most Shonens.

OP >= Naruto Manga ,
Anime : Naruto> OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Both such at handling females
At least Kishi gave his females iconic moments .

Both started focusing only on MC too much after the first part.

Naruto has better written villains!
Better drama (the tension isn't forced as in OP where Oda fakes it or gives the same old flashback stuff to sympathizes with X )

Naruto has the most iconic arc , Pain Arc> MF arc

One piece has world building and enjoyable Goofy art design (I like the creativity )

I enjoy Discussing OP PLs and Events for its mysteries

Seriously the way OP is going, it finale will just have the shonen bad ending syndrome like most Shonens.

OP >= Naruto Manga ,
Anime : Naruto> OP
Agree 100%

I just watched a few episodes of hero academy, that shit is more Naruto than Boruto, it's very Naruto "inspired".

One Piece has DB type protagonist, it's different from Naruto. Story is way more lighthearted cause of the of the strawhats, the world around them, not so much.

I

Inspector_Mu

My only issues are that Kishi shafted Lee aside coz he feared Lee will be more popular than Sasuke and Naruto

And Having Kaguya as main finale ruined the war arc totally

I don't know why people here are insulting the OP. He's expressing his opinion and he's entitled to it. These type of discussions are where everything is subjective and nothing is objective.

Naruto has certain qualities over OP; emotion theme, the fights, character design and that's about it. I think the main issue with Naruto is: Kishimoto couldn't handle the expansion in Shippuden and as a result the plot changed several times, and the power hierarchy structure got screwed especially by the War Arc. Also, too much focus on the Uchihas and little focus on the world building. You can pile a lot of things which screwed Naruto.

Oda is a very great long-term planner and can organize his manga sufficiently. That's what sets him above Kishi.

Overall, I enjoy One Piece more than I ever did with Naruto.

H

Homelander

There was point of time oda and kishimotos sale were neck to neck.

Kishmoto had better sales outside of japan at one point even oda admitted this rivalry made him worked harder. Of course it was all friendly.

Considering naruto and op fandom never got along well considering both of them were running 1 and 2 position for long time in rankings.

OP lacks intensity, true conflict, deep emotion, stakes
Holy shit... are you watching 2 piece or something?
Post automatically merged:

emotion theme, the fights, character design and that's about it
Emotional themes? That's not true... the flashbacks in OP beat out the Flashbacks in Naruto... Like in fact most of the flashbacks in Naruto are and most the same thing most of the time with and most variation of everyone being defined by singular events like the Ninja wars or the Uchiha business... I guess that fits in that Naruto ends up ending in a war but it doesn't help with the range of emotions and themes that can be explored

I mean honestly for you to say OP lacks in emotional themes is preposterous when Naruto veered off into an emotionless war arc for like a third of its run with literal faceless emotionless drone armies... C'mon man

And no One piece has better character designs too... the mere fact that Oda is the greatest caricature artist in manga history necessitates his character designs are unmatched... Reading through WCI even godamn background characters with no names or lines have amazing character designs

And if it's fights then they are about the same... The anime is what carries Naruto's fights but in the manga they are about the same quality with one piece having the advantage of the bigger range in the mechanics of fights given locations and powers vary wildly in one piece and Naruto probably has the advantage of frequency of these fights and maybe choreography sometimes

Last edited:
Holy shit... are you watching 2 piece or something?

Emotional themes? That's not true... the flashbacks in OP beat out the Flashbacks in Naruto... Like in fact most of the flashbacks in Naruto are and most the same thing most of the time with and most variation of everyone being defined by singular events like the Ninja wars or the Uchiha business... I guess that fits in that Naruto ends up ending in a war but it doesn't help with the range of emotions and themes that can be explored

I mean honestly for you to say OP lacks in emotional themes is preposterous when Naruto veered off into an emotionless war arc for like a third of its run with literal faceless emotionless drone armies... C'mon man

And no One piece has better character designs too... the mere fact that Oda is the greatest caricature artist in manga history necessitates his character designs are unmatched... Reading through WCI even godamn background characters with no names or lines have amazing character designs

And if it's fights then they are about the same... The anime is what carries Naruto's fights but in the manga they are about the same quality with one piece having the advantage of the bigger range in the mechanics of fights given locations and powers vary wildly in one piece and Naruto probably has the advantage of frequency of these fights and maybe choreography sometimes
Every single fault you people find in Naruto is within the war-arc, we get it... it was trash but for the 100th time Prime Naruto > Prime OP.

Every single fault you people find in Naruto is within the war-arc, we get it... it was trash but for the 100th time Prime Naruto > Prime OP.
The war is about a third of all of Naruto so it has ti be mentioned... Especially since it was the last third meaning this was what we were supposed to take out of the story

I have no idea where this prime shit comes in... Like what's prime one piece? You mean like the paramount war saga?... if you're saying the paramount war saga vs like pre time skip Naruto then I still pick the paramount war saga

The stretch of chapters from sabaody to the post war arc with Luffy's back story are a better story than the stretch of chapters from the mist village to assume retrieval arc...

The war is about a third of all of Naruto so it has ti be mentioned... Especially since it was the last third meaning this was what we were supposed to take out of the story

I have no idea where this prime shit comes in... Like what's prime one piece? You mean like the paramount war saga?... if you're saying the paramount war saga vs like pre time skip Naruto then I still pick the paramount war saga

The stretch of chapters from sabaody to the post war arc with Luffy's back story are a better story than the stretch of chapters from the mist village to assume retrieval arc...
Naruto up to the Pain arc blows anything OP has done away.

Thr comparison is absolutely legit: they are both Battle shonen which came out during the same period and both widely inspired by the big shonen series of the 90s (Dragon Ball the most, but also YuYu hakusho, Jojo, Ushio and Tora ecc. ).
They share many similar tropes as well (dreams, believable world building, breaking the status quo ecc.). So they are totally comparable.

I say it as an editor and as a writer

if one piece have a good ending ... it's a world first class manga and writing it was close to impossible

while Naruto at best is a 2nd rate fantasy

with weak plot
with weak world bulding
while no focus of most of sexy ninjas (characters)

Naruto is a birth place of few really good characters but being good in one part of one element of story is not enough

Yes indeed, I think the war was full of weird twists
cheap twist is a better term

Last edited: