Speculations Why the story had Yamato stay in Wano instead of going with the Straw Hats.

Yamato seems to me a character suggested by an editor so in the end Oda left her in Wano to maintain his plans.
Makes no sense, why put for her to join if that's never going to happen. Why give her the motivation and connections to go out to the sea/joining Strawhats?
No logical sense. I don't buy it.

They can't be underdogs when Luffy is an Emperor. And there are enough strong fighters on Wano. Denjiro is about as strong as Jack, and Momo's Fire Breath could give an admiral trouble. Then what was the point of Momo's speech that without Yamato and Luffy they must be able to defend Wano? I repeat myself, but there isn't a single reasonable argument for Yamato staying on Wano.
Luffy will always be the underdog. The Strawhats will be the default weaker Yonko crew against the Blackbeard Pirates when they face them, and they will be the underdogs against the WG after. Yamato would have thrown off that balance in comparison to the Blackbeard pirates.

Ask Oda why he wasted time on the Greenbull nonsense when it only proves that Momo and the rest can’t defend the place against opponents of that caliber. His entire speech to Yamato was basically just pointless bait.
Post automatically merged:

Ah, so Yamato might be in trouble since she's trapped there from the ever-increasing threats the world is facing then.

Also, not sure how one could call an Emperor's crew underdogs.
An Emperor’s crew can still be the underdogs against a stronger, more established Emperor crew. They are also default underdogs against the World Government.

Ask Oda why he wasted time on the Greenbull nonsense when it only proves that Momo and the rest can’t defend the place against opponents of that caliber. His entire speech to Yamato was basically just pointless bait.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, which is why Luffy offered his protection as Emperor. If that's not enough, then Yamato is at threat of her ambition to sail or else stay trapped forever.

1. Oda killed Ashura & Izo, so Yamato make them better & make up for Scabbards number to protect Wano as Guardian
    • Old vs New version
    • Denjiro -> Yamato
    • Ashura -> Denjiro
    • Inu -> inu
    • Neko -> neko
    • Izo -> kappa
    • Kappa -> kinemon
    • Kinemon -> Raizou
    • Raizou-> kiku
    • Kiku -> shinobu
    • We may have different idea
  2. Navy know that Kaido kid which can hurt Admiral is there
  3. Yamato had better feat than Zoro & Sanji. Zoro needs to control Enma better (CoC) & Sanji needs FS / permanent exoskeleton / different version of Raid suit. Then Zoro can be above Yamato while Sanji can be above or equal to Yamato
  4. Her name didnt fit ABC theory to please the theorist
  5. Her popularity rank is around Katakuri, so she will get treated on Cover Page maybe

yamato always STATED she want to join but in the end it,s not her decision it,s captain decision even jibei said it
the big elephant in the room is what luffy say to yamato so she not want to join anymore? if only oda not offscreen that moment maybe fans will accept it
so yeah oda fumble it and yamato fans hate it

yamato always STATED she want to join but in the end it,s not her decision it,s captain decision even jibei said it
the big elephant in the room is what luffy say to yamato so she not want to join anymore? if only oda not offscreen that moment maybe fans will accept it
so yeah oda fumble it and yamato fans hate it
Lol luffy wanted yamato to join but yamato wanted to explore wano first like oden did. Did you read the recent chapter?

Well, there's a lot of interesting things to see on Wano. Trees, rivers, mountains, snow, wild boars, weapon factories, etc. It is understandable that she would rather stay on Wano than go on adventures and explore the world with the Straw Hats.

I never expected her to join the crew, I never understand the people who think Yamato join the crew. I mean she read Oden journal after all, that was perfect hint for me.

You missed the panels where yamato says she wants to join a bunch of times
So? She read Oden journal. She knows about what One Piece is, end of story. Right then there, i knew she wont join the crew. Maybe she will join in the final war but until then SH pirates will already find out One Piece. There will be no one among SH pirates who knows that information until they reach Laughtale.

So? She read Oden journal. She knows about what One Piece is, end of story. Right then there, i knew she wont join the crew. Maybe she will join in the final war but until then SH pirates will already find out One Piece. There will be no one among SH pirates who knows that information until they reach Laughtale.
Lol the pages of that were torned and burned. You skipped chapters