Who is the first mate

• Total voters
To quote @Den_Den_Mushi
"
Sanji is actually quite a poor leader. I would not describe him as level-headed; in fact, when things reach crisis point, he offers few workable solutions and often loses control of his emotions.

When Luffy challenged Aokiji to a duel, Sanji slammed Usopp into a wall and blamed him for not stopping Luffy, which was both unproductive and illogical. What could Usopp possibly have done? Zoro, on the other hand, acknowledged that while he personally felt frustrated, Luffy’s wishes should be upheld first and foremost.

During WCI, instead of believing in Luffy or at least trying to explain the situation that Zeff was in, Sanji kicked him in the face, insulted him and showed zero understanding of his own captain’s personality. There was no need to be violent towards Luffy, he was not leaving regardless. Having been through 3D2Y, having read about Luffy’s attempt to save Ace and having been present at Enies Lobby and Arlong Park, there was no excuse for this behaviour. Sanji let his emotions get the better of him, and took his frustrations out on his Captain.

Now, if you had to choose a leader, who would you choose? The tough but fair leader who remains logical and tells you what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear, or the hot headed, emotional leader that violently attacks his own crewmates to alleviate his frustrations?

I believe I’ve made my point clear.”
Oh nice dosage of exaggeration you have there.

Den Den picks the one moment where Sanji lost his cool. Ok cool. Sanji is more emotional than Zoro, he has more attacthment to people. Is that a bad quality ?

Zoro fucks off and runs away every chance he gets from the SHs. Whilst Sanji always stays behind and protects them. But noo...Sanji is the monster because he cares about them too much.

Didnt Zoro plan to leave Sanji in WCI and blamed it all on Sanji. He didnt even care about the possible circumstances that couldve hindered Sanji. But he was ready to not give a second thought about Sanji just so his weak ass didnt have to deal with 2 Yonkos. Does that seem like a person who has good leadership...Doesnt seem SH like at all...

Oh nice dosage of exaggeration you have there.

Den Den picks the one moment where Sanji lost his cool. Ok cool. Sanji is more emotional than Zoro, he has more attacthment to people. Is that a bad quality ?

Zoro fucks off and runs away every chance he gets from the SHs. Whilst Sanji always stays behind and protects them. But noo...Sanji is the monster because he cares about them too much.

Didnt Zoro plan to leave Sanji in WCI and blamed it all on Sanji. He didnt even care about the possible circumstances that couldve hindered Sanji. But he was ready to not give a second thought about Sanji just so his weak ass didnt have to deal with 2 Yonkos. Does that seem like a person who has good leadership...Doesnt seem SH like at all...
1 moment

there have been multiple times we’re he lost his cool

Waxba ma ogid, Qof walba wuu ka hadlayaa Zoro as the Vice Captain. Qof walba waad ka dambeysaa
Ain’t this you with your fellow sanjitard(s)
Captain - luffy
Vice captain - sanji
Apprentice - zoro
No point debating with them. They know Zoro hadnt led anyone. He damn well cant even lead himself in a straight line. Theyre just jealous.
Post automatically merged:

Sanji used to be the second-in comand of the Baratie. He's had years of experience being Zeff's right hand man. He's been leading the people of the Baratie for a long time.

He had people crying for him left and right in his first arc.

Dude is hella charismatic. Defintely on Luffy lvl with the way everyone follows him and loves him.

Latest chapter defintely ruffled some feathers.

How Luffy reacts to the mid trio

How Luffy reacts to his right hand man and vice captain

Zoro disagrees most with Luffy...because he understands Luffy the least.

Multiple times ? Show me

And dont you use WCI. He never lost his cool. He tried to lie to Luffy. Completely scenario.
But I didn’t use WCI I showed a page from W7
Kniw your just lying

We have countless of parallels with Rayleigh

We also have a definition of "vice captain like" in his databook

These are strong enough elements taken together perhaps. I would like to enter Oda's mind but I would find my answer. Zoro is the only man in the crew portrayed as Luffy's equal for a reason, on top of the arguments I just presented in this post.

Change your thread title to vice captain. First mate and vice captain diffrent terms. There no distinguished person that Luffy named as VC so far. Usop said he VC, now Jinbei joins he also good candidate. Strawhats act according to the situation so far. First Mate only Zoro try differentiate between first mate and VC first
First Mate /=/ First to join.

First Mate = Second in Commmand = Vice Captain

Pretty much all the same thing. It doesnt mean first to join....its just the second in charge after the captain. SHs dont have that officially.

There is ample evidence that Zoro is the #2/second in command. If it weren’t already obvious due to his role as the first crewmate, the only one Luffy specifically set out to recruit.

1. Both Luffy and Zoro set out to sea in search of a top tier, namely Shanks and Mihawk.

2. Zoro and Luffy were the only crewmates to directly defy the Celestial Dragons at Sabaody.

3. Zoro took charge of the hostage negotiations with Neptune and defeated the main antagonist of the arc (Pre-drug Hody) in one-on-one combat.

4. Luffy and Zoro have had the most significant interactions with O-Tama, Toko and Hiyori, the arc princess and MacGuffins.

5. Luffy and Zoro have had the most significant clashes with the rival supernovas, representing the strength of the Straw Hat crew.

Listing Zoro as anything other than Luffy’s right hand and the secondary crew leader is pure delusion.
1.) Irrelevant.

2.)

Sanji did more to a Celestial Dragon than Zoro lol.

3.) Sanji defeated Duval, Sabaoundy antagonist.

4.) How tf does that correlate with being FM. Toko has better interactions with Sanji anyways.

5.) Again no. Zoro doesnt even look good at the end of the clashes. Luffy doesnt even clash with other SNs.

Your the delusional one with these very bad arguments.

Last edited: