Questions & Mysteries Will Enel return?

Enel said that he will return some day. Did Oda forget about it or does he not care about him anymore.

It's especially interesting, since we saw Enel's side story, where he landed on the moon, explored ruins and found a civilization. I am sure those things on the moon are of significance when it comes to the history of One Piece, maybe even an ancient weapon. So Enel is currently the only one who could be considered an enemy of the WG, who holds such information.

I really hope he does.
The precious knowledge, army of Spaceys and technology he found on the Moon may be essential at the end of the story and help understand the Void Century, perhaps even add elements to the true history that even the Roger Pirates didn't find about.

Plus he was one of the greatest and most emblematic villains from the first half of One Piece and his Goro Goro no mi is one of the coolest and most powerful devil fruits introduced in the story and he's excellent at using it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The one thing I always wonder when people bring this up - how the hell are the Straw Hats supposed to make it to the moon?

• Coup de Burst only allows them to fly a short distance through the sky
• Knock Up Stream, possibly the most powerful water jet in the world, was only sufficient to get them into the clouds
• Enel (who is a Logia user and therefore doesn’t need oxygen to survive in space like literally everyone else) used Maxim to get there, but we don’t know if the mechanics can be replicated since that ship is powered by his electricity

Could Enel return in the storyline/world? Yeah...but why would he? The last we saw of him (as my man @Finalbeta showed), he has a new land and plenty of followers to rule over with zero threat of his one natural enemy ever coming to challenge his authority again. Considering he never actually ventured into the lower seas, why would he do so now?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Is this confirmed to be the case or just a fandom assumption? Because the winged tribes travelled from the moon to the blue world somehow and they weren't all logia users, so they may have survived up there by themselves.
Big difference between going from space to Earth and the other way around. They also only descended as far as the clouds, which would still be atmospherically closer to outer space than below. I recognize that this is a comic and real world logic doesn’t always apply, but the OP world still has to be governed by a fundamental set of rules when it comes to intergalactic travel.

People can make it to Fishman Island and the sky islands because there are proven methods through which they can safely arrive at AND leave from these destinations; as far as we know, the route between Skypiea and the moon has been a one-way road with a single exception.

As far as the Logia bit, that may be an inference on my part - if they’re composed of straight elements, they can exist in the absence of usual life-sustaining conditions. Don’t quote me on that part, though.

The one thing I always wonder when people bring this up - how the hell are the Straw Hats supposed to make it to the moon?

• Coup de Burst only allows them to fly a short distance through the sky
• Knock Up Stream, possibly the most powerful water jet in the world, was only sufficient to get them into the clouds
• Enel (who is a Logia user and therefore doesn’t need oxygen to survive in space like literally everyone else) used Maxim to get there, but we don’t know if the mechanics can be replicated since that ship is powered by his electricity

Could Enel return in the storyline/world? Yeah...but why would he? The last we saw of him (as my man @Finalbeta showed), he has a new land and plenty of followers to rule over with zero threat of his one natural enemy ever coming to challenge his authority again. Considering he never actually ventured into the lower seas, why would he do so now?
Exactly. The man has found a perfect zen and I don't think he gives a damn about Earth's issues anymore. :cheers:

He knows he can't get a revenge on Luffy moreover.

Big difference between going from space to Earth and the other way around. They also only descended as far as the clouds, which would still be atmospherically closer to outer space than below. I recognize that this is a comic and real world logic doesn’t always apply, but the OP world still has to be governed by a fundamental set of rules when it comes to intergalactic travel.

People can make it to Fishman Island and the sky islands because there are proven methods through which they can safely arrive at AND leave from these destinations; as far as we know, the route between Skypiea and the moon has been a one-way road with a single exception.

As far as the Logia bit, that may be an inference on my part - if they’re composed of straight elements, they can exist in the absence of usual life-sustaining conditions. Don’t quote me on that part, though.
But we don't really know if they could travel back if they wanted to; only that they descended for unknown reasons (maybe they just didn't want to come back and the technology they used to travel was lost during the Void Century). The problem is that, if One Piece's moon works like ours, there is no relevant difference between living "atmospherically closer to outer space than below"; if the winged tribes need to breath air then there must be an atmosphere in the moon, and if they don't then there must be something present in both the moon and the blue planet (because winged people can live without problems on earth too).

In a similar fashion, you can arrive at and leave from Fishman Island, that's correct, but if you aren't a fishman you won't be able to breath during the travel and thank that the island itself is within a buble providing oxygen or you wouldn't survive your stay. That's what is bugging me: that somehow the winged people used to live up there to the point of developing a prosperous civilization.

I don't know, it just smells fishy to me.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
But we don't really know if they could travel back if they wanted to; only that they descended for unknown reasons (maybe they just didn't want to come back and the technology they used to travel was lost during the Void Century). The problem is that, if One Piece's moon works like ours, there is no relevant difference between living "atmospherically closer to outer space than below"; if the winged tribes need to breath air then there must be an atmosphere in the moon, and if they don't then there must be something present in both the moon and the blue planet (because winged people can live without problems on earth too).

In a similar fashion, you can arrive at and leave from Fishman Island, that's correct, but if you aren't a fishman you won't be able to breath during the travel and thank that the island itself is within a buble providing oxygen or you wouldn't survive your stay. That's what is bugging me: that somehow the winged people used to live up there to the point of developing a prosperous civilization.

I don't know, it just smells fishy to me.
Fair enough; it’s not impossible that physics work differently in the series, we’ve seen plenty of weird natural phenomenons in every arc. I just feel like it would require something truly bizarre to even prompt them to need to go to the Moon, much less figure out a way to get there. Strangers things have happened, I suppose.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
What are one of the big mcguffins of the series? The Ancient Weapons. We know of two of them, but the last's whereabouts are unknown. And what it can do are unknown. That being Uranus.

Ask yourselves this: Where is Uranus? What can it do? What is it based on?

Poseidon is Shirahoshi, the mermaid princess of Ryugu Kingdom, home for all merfolk and fishmen. She can control the seas greatest creatures. Poseidon is the mythological greek god of the sea.

Pluton connects to Pluto, who was the ancient roman god of the Underworld. What can Pluton do? Destroy islands with ease. Destruction leads to death.

Uranus was the god of the sky/heaven in greek mythology. Where would the ancient weapon Uranus be if we tried to connect it to the god Uranus? The sky, of course. Sky Islands? We saw no hint of what could be an Ancient Weapon there. That leaves the only other relevant spot. The moon.

Enel will return to the story once Uranus is introduced/becomes relevant.

Last edited: