Current Events Will Kaido be defeated from Luffy's island sized punch?

Will Kaido be defeated by Luffy's island sized punch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Most likely scenario - Punch will fuck kaido up but I still don't think it's taking Kaido down for good.

Less likely - There is another thing which can happen - Momo won't be able to take onigshima away and Kaido might take advantage of this to break free and hit Luffy

BS scenario - A yonkou going down with a giant punch with no flashback or awakening and no dedicated climax chapter despite oda clearly saying my audience won't be satisfied if Luffy will beat kaido with a stronger punch.

Luffy already has punch ready coated in air and ready to hit.

He is grabbing kaido in dragon form who is acting like sitting duck.

Momo has yet to save onigshima

And, this is how chapter ended.

So we can safely assume that next chapter momo will try to save onigshima and it will come first.

So here are my issues
1) How long oda will make Luffy hold that punch because momo definitely not saving onighsima in a flash?

And, what will kaido do during that time? Will he remain in the same position waiting for the punch?

That's dumb

2)Even if I assume that Luffy somehow will hold punch until Momo saves the island, then when he is about to hit kaido, people expect suddenly kaido will break free and will use his 5th attack? 🤦

3)Kaido flashback hasn't happened yet

4) Imo Luffy's major fights always ended with Luffy on verge of collapsing and then landing final blow.

Luffy vs Croc - Luffy punch collided with croc attack followed by gattling

Luffy vs Lucci - Luffy was totally down then get up and was about to collapse again but launched jet gattling

Luffy vs kata - snakeman vs kata for whole chapter before both landed final attack

I don't feel the same here

5) Are you telling me that Luffy vs Kaido won't get a final chapter with both going all out ?

Don't see this fight ending with that big punch. Either kaido will tank it or most likely Kaido will be fucked but will rise again

Honestly what's stopping me from thinking next chapter is the end for Kaido is
- Orochi's plotline still not yet resolved
- The fucking Wano citizen still haven't seen shit
- Momo still needs to protect Onigashima from Luffy's punch (by pulling it away or something)
- No sign of the dawn
- Ahem......Kaido's flashback...
So unless all of those plotlines are solved in the next chapter, I doubt that punch is gonna end Kaido. :luffyswat:

i feel like this fight would end in a less darker tone than enies lobby. kaido tanks the attack but it would really affect his performance then either luffy wins in a direct clash with kaidos strongest attack by overpowering it or it ends by kaido trying to tank a gattling of one of luffys new attack

With Luffy putting Momo on the line for this task and the flying lanterns seemingly coinciding with the launch of this attack, does it make the most sense narratively and thematically for this to be the end for Kaido?

If not, what would be the deterrent for Momo or those flying lanterns to NOT have thematic or narrative relevance for Luffy's punch to miss/not put Kaido down for good, given how this event has been set up? Discuss and share your reasons for both the choices

Few tags-
@Paperchampion23 @Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @Bango🍅 @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @nik87 @NikaInParis @HA001 @Roo @Wiwi @Pantheos' FC @solis @Ghostly Reflections @Seth @Sanji D Goat @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @TheAncientCenturion @Fn Lucci @Jailer @mly90 @DoctorIndigo @Doggo @Jaguark101 @KINGKONGGUN15 @Hanzo hattori @MonsterKaido @Sasaki Kojirō @GrandmasterChef Zonji @ImmaIvanoM @KiriNigiri @Tejas @ConquistadoR @Lord_Braggy @AdmiralKinyagi @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Den_Den_Mushi @Weeman @Twin Milf etc...

I fear he might be man
Post automatically merged:

kaido's haki is stronger, therefore he will survive.
hmmm

1. Villains show their Ultimate Move/Form/Technique/Weapon before they are Defeated
2. Kaidou still haven't shown his Last Wisdom King Attack
3. Oda said that Kaidou won't be defeated by a Stronger Punch
4. This Scene doesn't match Toki's Prophecy at all, nor is the Moon Highlighted
5. Orochi is still not Fully Dealt with
6. Denjiro is still Missing & Zoro's Sub-Plot still ongoing (Which should be resolved in Chapter 1049)

And lastly if you check Chapters 948-949-950
You notice that their Titles actually fit with Current Events

Chapter 948 is Titled "Introducing Kawamatsu"
And as you can see, the Water Raizou unleashed is still ongoing & will obviously reach Hiyori's Room
When the Castle is full filled with Water, it's obvious that it would be Kawamatsu's Time to Shine

Neko & Inu defeated Perospero & Jack
Raizou defeated Fuku & Unleashed Water
Kin'emon defeated Kanjuro & bought time for Momo to escape
Ashura sacrificed himself to protect Rest of Scabbards
Izou saved Usopp & Co. & defeated One CP-0 Agent
Kiku is Dying & Denjiro is Secretly doing something
So only Kawamatsu is left & he needs to do something Next Chapter

Chapter 949 is Titled "Mummy"
And as i said above, it's Chapter where Zoro will come back & the Title is clearly a Reference to that

And then finally:
Chapter 950 is Titled "A Warrior's Dream"
So expect it to be a Very Important Chapter

So overall, i believe that Luffy's Punch is meant to make Momo muster all his Power to save Onigashima, while Chapter will also focuses on Kawamatsu saving Hiyori from Orochi. It's the Final Chapter of solving All Onigashima Problems.
And then Chapters 1049 & 1050 will focus on Zoro & Kaidou

Last edited:
That would prove extensively disappointing

I hope it shall occur with a fancy combo in which Luffy generates a very eye catching and epic pattern of attacks shifting size and changing environmental structure

That combo would probably make for a tantalizing finisher imo

Yes, most definitely, it's time and it's been set up narratively. I say 1049 as 1048 probably show Momo moving the island, Kaido's last attack and the impact of Luffy's attack on Kaido, but 1049 probably will have the aftermath/victory. Similar to Sanji and Zoro's fights.

Imo, the only way it lasts past this is if Kaido's flashback miraculously starts in the middle of this final set of attacks, but this is most certainly the end of the fight.
LOL you love L's , Kaido doesn't give a fuck about a big punch :gokulaugh:

it seems pretty stupid....basically what luffy asked for is...Momo to pull onigashima away so it will be saved....like what is stopping Kaido to dodge the attack if that is the case....if he does want to tank it..like BM...I doubt oda will make it the reason to get him defeated....oh nvm..he might make it.

it seems pretty stupid....basically what luffy asked for is...Momo to pull onigashima away so it will be saved....like what is stopping Kaido to dodge the attack if that is the case....if he does want to tank it..like BM...I doubt oda will make it the reason to get him defeated....oh nvm..he might make it.
If you see on the last page, luffy is still grabbing kaido.