Current Events Will Kaido be defeated from Luffy's island sized punch?

Will Kaido be defeated by Luffy's island sized punch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1.zoro plotline

2.kaido flashback

3.orochi plotline is back on the table

4.no dawn signs

i just don't see this being the finishing blow. Even if this sends kaido to the capital and he is defeated he should get back up thanks to awakening.
1. Zoro’s could be left off for after the raid

2. Can be done right as he is about to lose like King got

3. Orochi can be quickly killed lol, we don’t need a drawn out fight

4. Read thriller bark, one minute it was dark af and the next we were being reminded the dawn was coming. Since the festival is ending soon we can assume the dawn is coming

1.yes he could but well im a zkk supporter so of course i think he is relevant now not after the raid lol

2.not against this he could get it as the punch connects or right after or upon getting back up

3.this is true idk after all this though i'm just sold on oda having momo do it lol. His blade is called snake slayer,oda dedicated panels to him training,this chapter kinemon/luffy basically told him to man up lol ,its just a matter of does momo need to be by the clouds to use them or if he can do it just like kaido. Finally his sunacchi moment if thats gonna be a thing

4.i agree lol just waiting on the manga panel confirming we are there

It's such a weird spot. He can't cock back to really hit Kaido, so it resembles a giant push. Where will Kaido land? Where does the fist take him without putting others in danger?

Because I'm assuming that this is Oda's potential answer to what they see in the sky, if not Zoro. But the people of Wano would have no fucking clue what they're seeing. How does that inspire hope? If Kaido gets squished to the ground, I don't think they'll feel free just because of that

Best case scenario, it keeps Kaido in place for Zoro to take him out

I think a lot of people who think Kaido isn't going down in 1-2 chapters aren't paying attention to pacing. Everything is suggesting that this fight is coming a close
1. Every subplot in Onigashima besides Orochi and Zoro is concluded. Orochi is about to burn to death anyway and the thing with Zoro can be concluded after Kaido is finished.
2. It was stated in this chapter that Kaido is on his last legs. The fact that he's about to drop Onigashima supports this
3. Luffy is about to use an attack that could reasonably take down Kaido
Put all these things together and it's really not hard to see what will probably happen
I think Kaido will go down in 1049, with 1048 being dedicated to a brief flashback that will tease things like Rocks or God's Valley without anything definitive. And then in 1049 Kaido is defeated by Luffy's punch and Orochi dies.
I understand that a lot of people believe in ZKK, but people need to remember that, at the end of the day, ZKK is just a theory. It's a theory no different from things like Luffy having the resin fruit.
And as for Kaido's Awakening, well I either think that the Koi theory is going to be true or Kaido simply doesn't have Awakening. There is nothing about these last couple of chapters that would suggest Kaido has an ace up his sleeve. And even if he DOES have some Awakening form we haven't seen yet, I expect him to be defeated in the same chapter it's revealed in.

I think a lot of people who think Kaido isn't going down in 1-2 chapters aren't paying attention to pacing. Everything is suggesting that this fight is coming a close
1. Every subplot in Onigashima besides Orochi and Zoro is concluded. Orochi is about to burn to death anyway and the thing with Zoro can be concluded after Kaido is finished.
2. It was stated in this chapter that Kaido is on his last legs. The fact that he's about to drop Onigashima supports this
Put all these things together and it's really not hard to see what will probably happen
I think Kaido will go down in 1049, with 1048 being dedicated to a brief flashback that will tease things like Rocks or God's Valley without anything definitive. And then in 1049 Kaido is defeated by Luffy's punch and Orochi dies.
I understand that a lot of people believe in ZKK, but people need to remember that, at the end of the day, ZKK is just a theory. It's a theory no different from things like Luffy having the resin fruit.
And as for Kaido's Awakening, well I either think that the Koi theory is going to be true or Kaido simply doesn't have Awakening. There is nothing about these last couple of chapters that would suggest Kaido has an ace up his sleeve. And even if he DOES have some Awakening form we haven't seen yet, I expect him to be defeated in the same chapter it's revealed in.
I’m not on the ZKK bandwagon, I just believe Kaido needs to be defeated and Momo needs to hold the island in front of the citizens. Right now we’re not in position yet for it to happen so I think this fight gets stretched out for 2 more chapters or so

1.zoro plotline

2.kaido flashback

3.orochi plotline is back on the table

4.no dawn signs

i just don't see this being the finishing blow. Even if this sends kaido to the capital and he is defeated he should get back up thanks to awakening.
1. Doesn't need to be concluded in Onigashima

2. Can be as short as a single chapter. Big Mom's was only 2.5 chapters after all

3. Orochi is literally dying
This isn't him becoming a serious threat. This is him trying one last time to achieve any kind of closure on the Kozukis before he inevitably burns to death. It'll probably end with either Denjiro coming in to finish him off, or Orochi burning to death before he can attack Hiyori.

4. Sun can rise just as Luffy lands the final hit
Post automatically merged:

I’m not on the ZKK bandwagon, I just believe Kaido needs to be defeated and Momo needs to hold the island in front of the citizens. Right now we’re not in position yet for it to happen so I think this fight gets stretched out for 2 more chapters or so
That's true, but I feel like that will happen after Kaido is defeated. Luffy takes down Kaido, causing him to drop the island, but Momo manages to catch it right before it lands on the Capitol

1. water is currently flooding the place orochi more than likely will not burn to death, but be saved by the water.

2 & 3. is it that simple though, we know holding the island is draining kaido who is to say him letting it go does not give him the energy needed to keep going more

Finally the awakening point i do think its weird and many have pointed this out that while drunk kaido went in a beefier mode etc and was drawn different.This chapter sober kaido goes back into that mode for the new bagua,i don't think its to crazy to think at this point that he is using awakening to a extent but maybe not fully. Who knows :choppawhat:

P.S ZKK IS HAPPENING!:milaugh:

I think this can easily happen next chapter. Hypothetical:

- Kaido uses his final, major attack on Luffy. Dissipates the storm clouds above Luffy and reveals Onigashima and Luffy's fist to the Capital

- As Kaido continues to lose grip on the island, Momo finds the resolve to move the island as this happens and begins moving Onigashima with his own storm clouds

- Luffy throws down that punch and we get a doublspread with the lanterns in the sky and Kaido being hit hard at the end of 1048.

- The citizens react to this. They've been talking about this fight happening as if it were a dream.

- 1049 just shows him defeated and people reacting to it.

This chapter exuded way too much "climax" thematic to not pay off at this point. The lanterns, the samurai accepting their death if he doesn't win right now (as they say the island is about to fall because Kaido is at his limit), momo's resolve to move the island, Orochi's final (?) attempt at being fucking annoying. You name it.

There is finality there and post-Wano can involve the dawn, Momo's human appearance, Zunisha's role, Kaido's potential flashback (maybe combined with Yamato of she's joining?), etc.

Things really don't need to be dragged out anymore.

1. water is currently flooding the place orochi more than likely will not burn to death, but be saved by the water.

2 & 3. is it that simple though, we know holding the island is draining kaido who is to say him letting it go does not give him the energy needed to keep going more

Finally the awakening point i do think its weird and many have pointed this out that while drunk kaido went in a beefier mode etc and was drawn different.This chapter sober kaido goes back into that mode for the new bagua,i don't think its to crazy to think at this point that he is using awakening to a extent but maybe not fully. Who knows :choppawhat:

P.S ZKK IS HAPPENING!:milaugh:
1. That is possible, but it really does feel like the point of Orochi breaking free was to have him try one last time to destroy the Kozuki bloodline, only for him to die in vain realizing that he failed at the one task he spent 20 years obsessing over. I feel like if they were actually trying to make Orochi seem like a real threat they would've given him more than a few panels this chapter. And even if he doesn't burn to death, he'll be treated as an afterthought when Denjiro or some other scabbard kills him
2. It is that simple. Read this page again
A. They say Kaido is at the end of his rope
B. They establish that Kaido being defeated will cause him to drop Onigashima
C. Luffy tells Momo to get ready right as he throws the punch.
Meaning the point of Luffy's line here was for Momo to get ready to hold up Onigashima because this punch is going to take down Kaido

Point is it really doesn't seem like Kaido is going to get a big power boost here. Everything points to him being taken down here and now.

And as for the part on Kaido's Awakening, that's also possible but I feel like if that actually was his Awakening form, it would've been given more attention than it got.

The poll results though lmao:crazwhat:

I'm nervous for the fallout of this fight. I don't think a lot of people are going to be happy with the outcome and have set themselves up for pretty wild expectations.

Like anyone who voted yes could totally be wrong and the fight could still continue to get more epic, sure. But when you objectively read chapter 1047 without bias, it's very clear the fight is at its climax. Everything around Luffy's fight is ending. He's saying its his last attack, and there are signs that point to Kaido only having 1 more "major" attack (his attack names).

Like...come on guys, when has Luffy ever truly lost a fight even after losing multiple times? Kaido is no exception to the villain gallery. He will lose just like the others. As will future opponents. The last time Luffy said it was his final attack (G4, OKG in 1042), he was not confident about winning. This scene in 1047 is VERY different. This is the first time Luffy feels confident in his attacks, and it thematically aligns with the lanterns, Kaido losing his grip on Onigashima, and Momo moving the island.

Last edited:
The poll results though lmao:crazwhat:

I'm nervous for the fallout of this fight. I don't think a lot of people are going to be happy with the outcome and have set themselves up for pretty wild expectations.

Like anyone who voted yes could totally be wrong sure and the fight still continued to get more epic, sure. But when you objectively read chapter 1047 without bias, it's very clear the fight is at its climax. Everything around Luffy's fight is ending. He's saying its his last attack, and there are signs that point to Kaido only having 1 more "major" attack (his attack names).

Like...come on guys, when has Luffy ever truly lost a fight even after losing multiple times? Kaido is no exception to the villain gallery. He will lose just like the others. As will future opponents. The last time Luffy said it was his final attack (G4, OKG in 1042), he was not confident about winning. This scene in 1047 is VERY different. This is the first time Luffy feels confident in his attacks, and it thematically aligns with the lanterns, Kaido losing his grip on Onigashima, and Momo moving the island.
I just don't see this attack ending it, 1 more imo.

I just don't see this attack ending it, 1 more imo.
Honestly, I'd be fine with any scenario as long as it still involves Luffy pulling off something to defeat him. If he stands still after the punch, then Luffy comes down with somrthing even cooler in 1049, I wouldn't be mad at all lol. That would be sick for both characters (Kaido because he tanked an Onigashima sized punch, Luffy because he had something else up his sleeve)