Character Discussion Will Zoro ever surpass Luffy in anything?

Some Zoro fans need to hear it. They think Zoro can one shot Luffy. It’s ridiculous and it’s sometimes hard to distinguish the trolls from the genuine fans.

Luffy is my favorite character however I love Zoro but some Zoro fans are toxic.
One-Shot doesn't mean Neg-Diff
Unless you believe Oden Neg Diffed Kaidou
What they mean is that if Zoro's Strongest Possible Attack connects with Luffy, it can be an Instant K.O/Kill

Most Zoro Opponents lost to only a Single Attack, that's simply how Swordsmen finish their Fights
Doesn't mean Zoro Neg-Diffed them all, most of them were Mid-Diff, some High-Diff & some even Extreme Diff

What they mean is that if Zoro's Strongest Possible Attack connects with Luffy, it can be an Instant K.O/Kill

Most Zoro Opponents lost to only a Single Attack, that's simply how Swordsmen finish their Fights
Doesn't mean Zoro Neg-Diffed them all, most of them were Mid-Diff, some High-Diff & some even Extreme Diff
Luffy uses Okg and zoro becomes a pancake.

Sure if Zoro lands an attack on Luffy while he isn’t guarding, dodging or using haki. But that will never happen.

It’s clear that Zoro can’t beat Luffy in a fight.

I get your point though it makes sense.

Sure if Zoro lands an attack on Luffy while he isn’t guarding, dodging or using haki. But that will never happen.

It’s clear that Zoro can’t beat Luffy in a fight.

I get your point though it makes sense.
Let's not make this a Luffy vs Zoro Fight Thread, whether it's clear to you or not is irrelevant here
I only explained the word "One-Shot", and if people say Zoro is better than Luffy at things, doesn't mean they are Toxic

For me, i believe at the end people will know Zoro as Strongest, Nami as Richest & Usopp as Most Famous
Luffy as their Captain will be the sum of these Three Things, in other words the Guy who is as Strong as Zoro, as Rich as Nami & as Famous as Usopp or as Chapter 1 says "The Man who had Wealth, Fame & Power"

I mean think about it, Roger was never called Strongest Man but he was called as Strong as Strongest Man Whitebeard
People started calling him Pirate King after he discovered an Island that no one was able to & called what he found "One Piece" or Greatest Treasure, so the guy's Wealth was literally attributed to his Island Discovery. And he is the guy who they say Conquered Grand Line & no Great Pirate was able to stop him & had Highest Bounty.

Imagine when Nami draws World Map? Every Single Location & Island !!!
She would literally be considered Richest Ever
Knowing the whole world geography & being Best Navigator means there is no person on earth who can be Richer than her

Look at Usopp in Dressrosa, the guy was literally called God for what he done, you think that's the Peak of his Success & Fame?
Usopp is obviously gonna do something at the end that will make him Most Famous Person ever, that's the whole point of his Stories, Lies & Dream to become known as Brave Warrior of The Sea
And on the other hand, we have Zoro who is obsessed with Power, trains non-stop, so harsh on himself & always serious in a Fight, and encountered death many times & his Dream is to beat Current Strongest (WB is dead & he did want to Cut Kaidou too for being called Strongest)

It's clear to me that Luffy = Zoro + Nami + Usopp
Meaning he is Way Greater than them Individually but he is their Equal in their Respective Achievement (Power, Wealth & Fame)

Let's not make this a Luffy vs Zoro Fight Thread, whether it's clear to you or not is irrelevant here
I only explained the word "One-Shot", and if people say Zoro is better than Luffy at things, doesn't mean they are Toxic

For me, i believe at the end people will know Zoro as Strongest, Nami as Richest & Usopp as Most Famous
Luffy as their Captain will be the sum of these Three Things, in other words the Guy who is as Strong as Zoro, as Rich as Nami & as Famous as Usopp or as Chapter 1 says "The Man who had Wealth, Fame & Power"

I mean think about it, Roger was never called Strongest Man but he was called as Strong as Strongest Man Whitebeard
People started calling him Pirate King after he discovered an Island that no one was able to & called what he found "One Piece" or Greatest Treasure, so the guy's Wealth was literally attributed to his Island Discovery. And he is the guy who they say Conquered Grand Line & no Great Pirate was able to stop him & had Highest Bounty.

Look at Usopp in Dressrosa, the guy was literally called God for what he done, you think that's the Peak of his Success & Fame?
Usopp is obviously gonna do something at the end that will make him Most Famous Person ever, that's the whole point of his Stories, Lies & Dream to become known as Brave Warrior of The Sea
And on the other hand, we have Zoro who is obsessed with Power, trains non-stop, so harsh on himself & always serious in a Fight, and encountered death many times & his Dream is to beat Current Strongest (WB is dead & he did want to Cut Kaidou too for being called Strongest)

Meaning he is Way Greater than them Individually but he is their Equal in their Respective Achievement (Power, Wealth & Fame)

never happening friend
:suresure::suresure:

Knowing the whole world geography & being Best Navigator means there is no person on earth who can be Richer than her

Zoro will be WSS that’s about it not the Worlds Strongest he’s parallel to Mihawk not WB.

Luffy and Zoro will never be equal. Zoro wouldn’t follow him if he was stronger than him. That’s hinted at in WCI.
Post automatically merged:

Dont talk nonsese, Kaido has hit Luffy countless times.
Luffy can do nothing to prevent Zoro from hitting him.
Zoro doesn’t have FS or the speed of Kaido.

The one who will surpass Roger is Luffy, not Zoro...
Zoro will surpass Mihawk, who is his peak...
I don't care who they surpass
Roger became Pirate King & still didn't receive Epithet of Strongest Man
While Kaidou & WB both have Strongest Epithets & yet considered Pirates who failed to become Pirate Kings

It's clear that being called Strongest has nothing to do with Pirate King Title
They are different kinds of Fame

Zoro will be WSS that’s about it not the Worlds Strongest he’s parallel to Mihawk not WB.

Luffy and Zoro will never be equal. Zoro wouldn’t follow him if he was stronger than him. That’s hinted at in WCI.
Then why did Zoro want to cut The Pirate known as Strongest Creature?
You clearly don't understand Zoro's Story
You people only focus on Swordsmanship & forget everything else

80% of his Opponents are not Swordsmen & yet you keep repeating these same words
Swordsmanship is simply Strongest Human Fighting Style, but Zoro clearly wants to be Most Powerful
That's why he doesn't care if his Opponents are Non-Swordsmen & if they shoot Meteors or Mountains at him
This isn't the Olympics

Then why did Zoro want to cut The Pirate known as Strongest Creature?
You clearly don't understand Zoro's Story
You people only focus on Swordsmanship & forget everything else

80% of his Opponents are not Swordsmen & yet you keep repeating these same words
Swordsmanship is simply Strongest Human Fighting Style, but Zoro clearly wants to be Most Powerful
That's why he doesn't care if his Opponents are Non-Swordsmen & if they shoot Meteors or Mountains at him
This isn't the Olympics
So him cutting Kaido is the reason you think he will be the strongest? Even though Luffy is the one who will defeat Kaido?

But I don’t understand the story?

Zoro’s end goal is Mihawk who Luffy is potentially already stronger than.

Ryuma was known as the sword god for cutting a dragon not fighting swordsman. I don’t get your point.

So him cutting Kaido is the reason you think he will be the strongest? Even though Luffy is the one who will defeat Kaido?

But I don’t understand the story?

Zoro’s end goal is Mihawk who Luffy is potentially already stronger than.

Ryuma was known as the sword god for cutting a dragon not fighting swordsman. I don’t get your point.
Why are you switching my words?
You said Zoro is only about becoming WSS
If Zoro was only interested in WSS because he wants to surpass Swordsmen, then he would have no interest in fighting Non-Swordsmen

For example if you want to be Greatest Footballer, then you would play Football, not Basketball xD
But Zoro doesn't care how his Opponents Fight, he wants to Defeat them all
And we had so many Villains before, but he never tried to join Luffy in fighting them
However when we finally reached a Villain with "Strongest" Title, Zoro suddenly is fully interested in joining the Fight & he joined Roof Fight

Swordsmanship is just a Path
Zoro's True Goal is becoming Strongest, it's just that he considers Way of Sword to be Best
And i don't need to prove this when The Most Hyped Haki User is a Swordsman, his Rival is a Swordsman, The Pirate King is a Swordsman, his Right Hand Man & Luffy's Mentor is a Swordsman & even Flag of Strongest Nation according to Big Mom depicts Swords, and Strongest Human Country is Country of Swordsmen ... etc

So from Zoro's Eyes, he considers Greatest Swordsman to be Strongest in The World
Even Sanji called him Strongest Man in Baratie & Mihawk himself isn't only interested in Swordsmen
He wanted to test WB, wanted to test Luffy, are these Two Swordsmen???

The only ones who care about Swordsmen-Only are Zoro Critics
Zoro & Mihawk are only interested in Peak Human Power, not Swordsmen only
As i said, this isn't the Olympics
So yeah, learn to read the Story please

People are just too hung up on Zoro needing to defeat Mihawk to be called the WSS. What they don't understand is that swordsmanship, just how important it is in the Japanese culture, is more than just beating another guy with a sword. It is a whole philosophy and lifestyle. And part of it is to keep pushing yourself to become better and defeat/cut everything. The whole intro we get is that a swordsmaster should be able to cut nothing and cut everything. Zoro has a whole poetry type shit before ISDS in which he says (aims to) there is nothing that I cannot cut. His declaration is to cut Kaido, known as the World's Strongest Creature. There is so much more to being the WSS than just beating Mihawk, it does not mean that Zoro can attain the world recognition without beating Mihawk but it is not the end all be all for Zoro. Mihawk is just sitting at the top and being the top swordsman it is entirely possible that he has the power to cut anything that he has come across. Lethality is the main thing for swordsmanship, if you can deliver one powerful attack on your opponent then chances are that most likely your opponent is defeated/KO'd/beaten etc.

I often see this notion that why does Zoro not have a rival for WSS in his own gen or why are his opponents not all swordsmen and the thing is that the guy who is known as the Sword God had a lot of legends but the one he is most famous for is killing a dragon. By the general perception about swordsmen in the fandom Ryuma would not be classified as the WSS based on this because he did not beat the previous holder of the title, but then again it is a title which has mostly been given by the general public and not a belt given by the UFC/WBA etc. It is a recognition of the power that person holds and for a swordsman his greatest achievement is cutting what people think would be uncuttable. Did Ryuma fight only swordsmen from the WG and the pirates when he was defending Wano from them? No, but through all his accomplishments the people recognized that he was truly worthy of being given a title and that was of the Sword God.

Mihawk on the other hand has been known to seek out challengers and as of now is the one sitting at the top. As a swordsman it is a given that one would seek others to test their strength, I think the best example for this from real life would that be of Musashi Miyamoto (don't know if I spelled the name right) but he was the one who sought out opponents and challenged them and swordsmen seek fame from these duels. So Ryuma also must have had these duels but to be recognized as the WSS and being a pirate you can be damn sure that not every opponent is going to be a swordsman and there are some achievements which might be more popular than beating an individual. And if we talking about duels then you can also be damn sure that the WSS is going to be the best in any 1v1s.

I know the following are going to be quite unpopular opinions but I would say that Shanks and Mihawk are the Roger and WB (something similar was even said in the latest OP magazine) of their own gen and any fight between any of these four in their primes would be an extreme diff. And Zoro and Luffy will be quite close EOS in terms of power. Just as Luffy is going to surpass Joyboy and Roger so is Zoro going to surpass Ryuma and Mihawk (the only known two people to forge black blades).

On a separate topic there is the possibility that blades that are already of supreme grade cannot be forged into black blades which would explain why WB and Roger did not have black blades, that is until of course we learn something more about creating the black blades.