Character Discussion Would Doflamingo be stronger if...

Have Doflamingo did everything he could?

• Total voters
Neither the Yonko nor the admirals are constantly participating in all out fights, and Doffy, prior to occupying the kingdom, also conquered through piracy. Even coming as far as awakening his DF. So I doubt he would be considerably stronger. He might learn barrier Haki/Ryuo, since this is something not hard to learn even for high tiers; every Scabbard could do it.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I think anyone with CoC has at least Low Top Tier potential.
Not necessarily. Katakuri is 48, he's nowhere near a top-tier. Doffy is around 40 if I remember correctly, he's nowhere near even Katakuri, forget about the top tiers. Not to say they can't grow stronger, but most people who hit the top tier mark are already top tiers by their late 40's.

Not necessarily. Katakuri is 48, he's nowhere near a top-tier. Doffy is around 40 if I remember correctly, he's nowhere near even Katakuri, forget about the top tiers. Not to say they can't grow stronger, but most people who hit the top tier mark are already top tiers by their late 40's.
I think people with CoC have the potential to become a Top Tier but not everyone is able to reach their full potential. You need to have a big ambition too imo which people like Katakuri lack. Doflamingo too became laid back after taking over Dressrosa like Seth said and that he didn't have any kind of grand ambition left at that point.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I think people with CoC have the potential to become a Top Tier but not everyone is able to reach their full potential. You need to have a big ambition too imo which people like Katakuri lack. Doflamingo too became laid back after taking over Dressrosa like Seth said and that he didn't have any kind of grand ambition left at that point.
If there is something that Doffy was lacking, it isn't an ambition. Doffy is an ambitious man. He has every possible intention to rule over the world. We can't say he's slacking off just because he settled down on an island. It's not like the Yonko spend most of their time training. Some of them didn't even meet each other in years, but they still became top tiers.

Oda had plans for Doffy to a powrfull ally for Kaido but he scrapped it. Doffy peaked and unlike croc and Moria he did not challenge the top dogs and rather decided to be comtempt with his position in the world and try rule from the shadows

I think the main thing that made Doffy weaker was his strategy:He was a schemer,he wanted to take down world government with an elaborate plan,that kinda of mentality made him avoid dangerous fights!He fleed from tsuru,in Marineford he didn't fight anyone for real,his strategy to use the corrida coliseum back fired on him,etc...!If he kept his strategy but tried to fight strong pirates to blossom his haki and train by himself all day when he could(like luffy),he would be a real PK contender!He would at least have some kind of advanced haki!Hell,he could have fought in the corrida coliseum like Diamante,if that had been the case it would be a "safe" training academy for him!
Also,he should have hunted down Law as soon as he became a pirate with a bounty!Law was the one responsible for Doffy's family demise!
Post automatically merged:

Being a top tier is all about having top tier physical strength , top tier haki and top tier devil fruit......how haki potential works is stupid as haki is simply willpower and nothing else unlike nen which is a energy thing you are born with and can be special/have high low potential.......why doffy or most of relevant characters can't use adv coa/adv coo? Luffy learned them in months........maybe doffy didn't had the exposure to them?.......

He also needed to have more powerful df like magu magu no mi or goro goro no mi...............
I would look at doffy's DF as a better version of a sword!He could do pretty much anything a capable swordsman could do!If Doffy developed Advanced coa+coc,i would put him at low top tier!

Last edited:
Would Doflamingo be stronger than what he presented during Dressrosa if he had better motivation to aim for the top?

Do you think he got too laid back with his road to becoming a great pirate?

Did his "family" held him back by pep talking him?

Bonus question: Was everything above false and Doffy was on his way to becoming a monster in his own right but his meeting with Kaido was the beginning of the down spiral/less strive for the top?

Did Kaido crushed Doflamingo's dreams at one stage to the point where Doflamingo never recovered mentally to push back to the top again and he became content with his position as Kaido's lackey?

@Light D Lamperouge could you tag Doffy bois?
1.- It doesnt seem he lacked motivation to aim for the top, he did have big dreams, dreams on the level of Luffy or Zoro, not being the pirate king or the best swordsman, but taking down the whole World Goverment and the Celestial Dragons and that might be a huge feat. His problem was he viewed everyone under him since he was an ex Celestial Dragon, so his dreams was big but also his Ego, it was his Ego that took away the posibilities to train harder and get stronger.

Seeing how he grew, he had everything on his hands by his family, he didnt even train and became the monster he was, so if he just trained a bit he will be god damn stronger for sure.

2.- The same answer as above.
3.- Yes, his family stopped his potential, but also gave him confort which is also the reason he is what he is as strong as he is.

4.- Yeah, Doflamingo was going on the top by his own terms, his crew had some great abilities that only a mastermind as him coud use to control the whole world. He was the most powerful pirate, even greater than the emperors in terms of control. He was the main reason that the Revos were losing their battles, the reason there was war and many things, his downfall is the reason why there is caos in the sees just as the downfall of Whitebeard and he didnt even have the same raw power.

5.- Kaido did not crush his dreams, it seemed that it was Doflamingo using Kaido for his own benefit, the strongest creature wants to the greatest war and he was giving the smiles. What part does that sounds as Kaido using Doflamingo? Doflamingo was making Kaido's dream real, Kaido in war dying.